Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

what is so weird about tweeting shirtless pics to people you work with. it's not like they are strangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mulaney Power Move posted:

what is so weird about tweeting shirtless pics to people you work with. it's not like they are strangers

I find it funny that this dude thinks that sending a shirtless pic to Darren Young would impress him. His entire job is grappling with dudes who generally have better physiques than this guy, but yes I'm sure your abs will make him swoon.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

There is absolutely nothing weird or strange about showing your hot bod to your co-workers and then proceeding to specifically reference your shared homosexuality and I will loving fight anyone who says otherwise.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I do kind of think it's gross that Darren Young is posting this in public as if he needs to play the respectability politics game of both race and sexuality.

But obviously that dude needs to get fired or never work on that show again. So what do I know?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

waffle iron posted:

I do kind of think it's gross that Darren Young is posting this in public as if he needs to play the respectability politics game of both race and sexuality.

But obviously that dude needs to get fired or never work on that show again. So what do I know?

That poor, poor thirsty gentleman :smith:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if someone comes at you like "hey! I'm naked and gay! you're gay too! lets buttstuff!", the threshhold for being a dick has been appropriately breached.

Also DY's pretty much unfirable so he might as well see how far he can push it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Dude straight-up sexually harassed Darren Young and people are like "well what's the big deal???"

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

waffle iron posted:

Isn't publicly shaming people for their creepy internet come-ons one of the more popular online activities right now? There's like a bajillion blogs for that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WadeBartender posted:

That might be D-Young's actual boyfriend I dunno

It is. I know that from watching D-Young's interview with Renee on the Network.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lady Naga posted:

Dude straight-up sexually harassed Darren Young and people are like "well what's the big deal???"

secretly, we all want unsolicited dick pics flooding our private message boxe.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

coconono posted:

secretly, we all want unsolicited dick pics flooding our private message boxe.

No loving way dude ;)

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

coconono posted:

if someone comes at you like "hey! I'm naked and gay! you're gay too! lets buttstuff!", the threshhold for being a dick has been appropriately breached.

Also DY's pretty much unfirable so he might as well see how far he can push it.

Darren's WWE endorsed out of ring media profile means he rides the clean cut black man and palatable and monogamous gay man angles pretty hard.

Which are certainly great things but sends the message that there is only one right way to be black and and only one right way to be gay.

He can publicly shame some other dude all day as far as I'm concerned. But he's gone from being in one box to another.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

loving lol, ZZ is still gonna win.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 24, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

waffle iron posted:

Darren's WWE endorsed out of ring media profile means he rides the clean cut black man and palatable and monogamous gay man angles pretty hard.

Which are certainly great things but sends the message that there is only one right way to be black and and only one right way to be gay.

He can publicly shame some other dude all day as far as I'm concerned. But he's gone from being in one box to another.

He's a black, gay man who got sexually harassed by a Co worker. loving lol if you think the WWE was going to do anything about this if he didn't make it public.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he really does sound lazy as poo poo

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

he really does sound lazy as poo poo

No wonder he's stolen the hearts of all you WEAK AMERICANS

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Checks out:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
And I would walk 1.1 miles!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

do you think he got chicken fries.....or hell.....SPICY Chicken fries???

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Skeezy posted:

This seems really vindictive and weird. Was he just sitting on this picture waiting for that right moment to release the smoking gun? Or is he still hanging out by the performance center waiting for ZZ to show his true colors.

Also maybe he got a burger lettuce wrapped or something.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

If ZZ is down with BK bringing back cheesy tots he has my vote

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

waffle iron posted:

I feel this is the main argument you are trying to make which might have some value in discussing but you're wrapping it in a commentary about the cameraguy which makes it seem like you're trying to argue that it's ok to send weird nudes to people who don't want them as long as they are monogamous gay black dudes.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

HulkaMatt posted:

If ZZ is down with BK bringing back cheesy tots he has my vote

BK has a chicken nugget sandwich I wonder if ZZ is getting that or maybe 3

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Angular Landbury posted:

I feel this is the main argument you are trying to make which might have some value in discussing but you're wrapping it in a commentary about the cameraguy which makes it seem like you're trying to argue that it's ok to send weird nudes to people who don't want them as long as they are monogamous gay black dudes.

I never said anything about it being ok. Just that Darren could have done this in private with management but I don't begrudge Darren for making his own choices.

Maybe there were some "he" pronouns that got confused?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tanner looks a lot like zz

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skeezy posted:

This is Art.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Paige on Twitter posted:

You helped us create change and then did your best to disrespect. Niceeeee jobbbbbbbb!

Missed the segment, but I guess it really wasn't received well?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

PunkBoy posted:

Terrible MizTV script that they couldn't read well at all, Bellas came out and talked trash, samey 6 diva tag match, still no stakes except nebulous "divas revolution!" where the only thing that is changing is match length/amount

They still need good booking and story telling to make people care. The crowd was making GBS threads on it more than they should have but it isn't entirely the crowd's fault with that the women are being given on the main roster stil

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It was so bad the crowd cheered The Miz telling them to shut up with his "When my hand goes up!" thing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Call her Paige reigns from now on

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
The segment was poorly written unfunny poo poo and then they were wrestling the Bellas who are not good. I don't get why people aren't into this Divas Revolution. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The more WWE tries, (or in this case pretends to try), to make it's women, (whoops Divas), seem important, the more it makes them seem irrelevant and subpar.

gently caress you Kevin Dunn. gently caress you Vince. And gently caress all of us that allow the two of them to get away with it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

BrigadierSensible posted:

The more WWE tries, (or in this case pretends to try), to make it's women, (whoops Divas), seem important, the more it makes them seem irrelevant and subpar.

gently caress you Kevin Dunn. gently caress you Vince. And gently caress all of us that allow the two of them to get away with it.

I'm actually impressed by the equality being shown. All we need is for Paige to start talking about her love of magic beans, and the booking will be just as horrendously bad as when they try to get men over.

Maybe they could have the women start feuding with Big Show and Kane to really put it over the top

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

PunkBoy posted:

Who's she talking to: the crowd, or the McMahons?

The crowd was lame for the "we are awesome" chant (seriously guys, you bury Full Sail but then do exactly what they would do?) but the booking is killing this so-called divas revolution.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The "We are awesome" chant was bad, but you can't try to turn multi-person matches where everybody trades wins into some empowerment angle, because it's exceedingly transparent and ineffective.

This Diva's Revolution™ doesn't make me very confident that Stephanie will be much better than Vince when he's gone.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Muddy Burphy posted:

This Diva's Revolution™ doesn't make me very confident that Stephanie will be much better than Vince when he's gone.

Yeah it's really scary that the Divas booking right now is them trying really hard to get something new over. Between that and Roman... yeesh

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

PunkBoy posted:

Charlotte looked so dejected when she got no Woo love.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

waffle iron posted:

I never said anything about it being ok. Just that Darren could have done this in private with management but I don't begrudge Darren for making his own choices.

Maybe there were some "he" pronouns that got confused?

This is WWE management we're talking about. While not as completely incompetent as TNA would be, there's still way too many echelons. Plus darren young and the camera dude are independent contractors so the HR practice would be to fire the one that's cheapest to replace.

Darren Young just expedited the process and we all got a bonus laugh out of it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's really scary that the Divas booking right now is them trying really hard to get something new over. Between that and Roman... yeesh

The US Women's National Team and Ronda Rousey blew up in popularity because they were dominant in their respective fields. WWE is telling us that these women are special while making sure none of them stand out and it isn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Muddy Burphy posted:

The US Women's National Team and Ronda Rousey blew up in popularity because they were dominant in their respective fields. WWE is telling us that these women are special while making sure none of them stand out and it isn't working.

This in a nutshell. Too much too soon, nobody is shining in these factions.