Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
KEKwacker and Hochfir Nader are the two best classes in the game. SMGbonez rounds out my roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Knifegrab posted:

Is there any charts or spreadsheets for different gun values (damage, RPM, etc)?

http://dirtybomb.gamepedia.com/Weapons
http://dirtybomb.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Thanks! How up to date are these, because I know there was just a balance patch?

Also had some good games with some bros last night. If anyone wants to group up in a voice chat platform, the reticulated splines mumble is starting to get into the D-Bomb (check PGS for info).

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Knifegrab posted:

Thanks! How up to date are these, because I know there was just a balance patch?

Also had some good games with some bros last night. If anyone wants to group up in a voice chat platform, the reticulated splines mumble is starting to get into the D-Bomb (check PGS for info).

First one's like a month old, so I think the second one's better though they haven't yet recorded the slight buff to Dreiss's RoF from the patch before last.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

Knifegrab posted:

Is there any charts or spreadsheets for different gun values (damage, RPM, etc)?
Eh after the fine tuning update i'd be wary as most infographics would now be outdated. What class of gun were you trying to pick apart? SMGs? Assault Rifles?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Horizontal Tree posted:

KEKwacker and Hochfir Nader are the two best classes in the game. SMGbonez rounds out my roster.

I'm a bit sad that there isn't a Nader loadout with both the Hochfir and Explodydendron or w/e it's called for her. I've been using the Crotzni for a bit now but I don't think that 10% is worth it because the Hochfir is so good.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

watho posted:

I'm a bit sad that there isn't a Nader loadout with both the Hochfir and Explodydendron or w/e it's called for her. I've been using the Crotzni for a bit now but I don't think that 10% is worth it because the Hochfir is so good.

I've never really had success with the Hochfir. It just feels like a peashooter to me even when I'm chaining headshots.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The Jumpoff posted:

I've never really had success with the Hochfir. It just feels like a peashooter to me even when I'm chaining headshots.

It's bad, and Crotzni is good

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Except its far from bad if you can aim and the Crotzni accuracy nerf hits it hard.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
So I got RedEye unlocked and my only bronze loadout for him as the new battle rifle and it is balls terrible avoid that poo poo like the loving plague unless you enjoy losing any semblance of accuracy after a single shot.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I thought about getting Skyhammer a Bronze. With the tuning, I dunno what to get now. Is it still the same from the Loadouts picture or is it different now?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The M4 nerf isn't enough to make it a bad gun and the combination of Unshakeable/Drilled/Explodydendron is still pretty much the best you can dream of, so get that one if you want to get a new Skyhammer card. There's honestly not much competition for the recommended loadout here unless you really want one of the other guns, but I don't feel it's worth sacrificing your powerful perk combo for them - consider Arty or Kira if you want to use the BR-16 or Timik.

e: I forgot neither Arty nor Kira get the Timik. Guess that's why I've never really used it.

isndl fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 23, 2015

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

So I got RedEye unlocked and my only bronze loadout for him as the new battle rifle and it is balls terrible avoid that poo poo like the loving plague unless you enjoy losing any semblance of accuracy after a single shot.

This is true, but the M14 is glorious when used with iron sights. Granted it's not perfect, but it hits like a truck and puts people down. I really wish it was more accurate hip firing or had more ammo, fired slightly faster, or something though. The dreiss seems more reliable, but as lover of DMR weapons in shooters, it feels so good.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Death by Chickens posted:

This is true, but the M14 is glorious when used with iron sights. Granted it's not perfect, but it hits like a truck and puts people down. I really wish it was more accurate hip firing or had more ammo, fired slightly faster, or something though. The dreiss seems more reliable, but as lover of DMR weapons in shooters, it feels so good.

True, I was probably playing him at a range too close for the weapon (considering it was Underground and my main experience was at the escalators) but I also don't think the iron sights are particularly good. The trident front sight post just seems to block too much of their head for me to feel properly accurate.

I think once I get the Dreiss for Redeye I'll go back to him. Or the PDP.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Reticulated Splines bros looking to play, get the gently caress in here! (Specficially ISDNL).

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

The M4 nerf isn't enough to make it a bad gun and the combination of Unshakeable/Drilled/Explodydendron is still pretty much the best you can dream of, so get that one if you want to get a new Skyhammer card. There's honestly not much competition for the recommended loadout here unless you really want one of the other guns, but I don't feel it's worth sacrificing your powerful perk combo for them - consider Arty or Kira if you want to use the BR-16 or Timik.

e: I forgot neither Arty nor Kira get the Timik. Guess that's why I've never really used it.

Okay, I'll get that asap.

Now, what about Nader? Best I got is an Iron with the Crotzini and Fail Safe/Bigger Blast or whatever it's called.

EDIT: I don't think Skyhammer has Unshakable in any loadout. Did you mean Guardian Angel instead?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

widespread posted:

Now, what about Nader? Best I got is an Iron with the Crotzini and Fail Safe/Bigger Blast or whatever it's called.

EDIT: I don't think Skyhammer has Unshakable in any loadout. Did you mean Guardian Angel instead?

That Nader card is pretty good since those are two of her best augments, and the Crotzni is a decent enough gun.

isndl
May 2, 2012

widespread posted:

Yeah, I was misremembering. Guardian Angel is correct. :doh:

Nader has one with Bigger Blast and the SMG-9, but that's all I remember offhand. It's what I decided to go with, anyways.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

Yeah, I was misremembering. Guardian Angel is correct. :doh:

Nader has one with Bigger Blast and the SMG-9, but that's all I remember offhand. It's what I decided to go with, anyways.

Yeah, I might do that too since the SMG-9 is better than the Crotzini. Plus I shouldn't be blowing myself up when I play Nader.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

widespread posted:

Yeah, I might do that too since the SMG-9 is better than the Crotzini. Plus I shouldn't be blowing myself up when I play Nader.

If you're not blowing yourself up you're not playing Nader properly. :v:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So I have fragger with his machine gun and it just feels weak. I have the reload perk for it and that makes it usable but it needs a bit more power. Maybe slow down the rof or something. Anyways yeah the m4 seems to be the weapon.

Oh is the smg9 better then the crotzini? I have read it was the other way around but I don't know at what point the tweaks may have made that switch. Game is very nice though.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Jst0rm posted:

So I have fragger with his machine gun and it just feels weak. I have the reload perk for it and that makes it usable but it needs a bit more power. Maybe slow down the rof or something. Anyways yeah the m4 seems to be the weapon.

Oh is the smg9 better then the crotzini? I have read it was the other way around but I don't know at what point the tweaks may have made that switch. Game is very nice though.

The LMG requires chaining headshots to get any good mileage out of it, the Dreiss is harder hitting otherwise. The gun is a little underwhelming for something that sounds like a M60, honestly. :(:

The SMG9 was an inferior Crotzni a few patches ago, now it has better handling and spread in comparison with only a small difference in reload, falloff and RoF. It's basically a pre-nerf Crotzni with good loadouts for Sawbonez and Nader.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I can't work out how anyone chains headshots with the LMG when it blooms like it does.

Is.... is that the gun they put Iron Sights into this game for? :ohdear:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Shockeh posted:

I can't work out how anyone chains headshots with the LMG when it blooms like it does.

It has a weird rhythm where you need to fire in 2-3 round bursts then tapfire for it to settle back down. It might be the most accurate full-auto weapon but trying to learn its pattern doesn't feel very satisfying. I guess you can theoretically wipe the enemy team in one mag but it's not hard to kill five people between the M4 + handgun without reloading. I'm not sure if it'll ever be a gun that will feel right and balanced, it's been tweaked a lot.

Now if it worked as a headshot bullethose like the MG3 from Bad Company 2, that would be therapeutic. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCvGh7gJ6cE

The K121 and a few other guns are based off the G3/MG42 anyway.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 25, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'll continue to just Hochfir people, which is just a beautiful thing to me, and they went and buffed the drat thing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Shockeh posted:

Its fantastic, lob a nade into a room filled with enemies (preferably uncooked and behind them) and come round the corner firing wildly. Enemies will either run into you (and die) or run away (into your grenade, where they die).

I love fragger.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is cfg scripting similar to ET? Im thinking I want to have my fov change with iron sights. I like a bit wider fov normally. I think I finally figured out how to use the m4 in tight corridors. I like the gun play in this game. I will get into smg's next as those are my normal favorite play gun. I havent ever been into sniper/shotguns for some reason. Too much commitment with each shot I guess. I prefer a slightly skilled pray and spray style :unsmith:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Next free rotation is apparently going to be RedEye, Sparks, and Fletcher.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Hopefully that means a bunch of Sparkses in comp games.

I know that it means that everyone will be playing redeye. :smith:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
I look forward to playing with 4 or 5 smoke clouds out at once.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I dont know posted:

I look forward to playing with 4 or 5 smoke clouds out at once.

Play arty or fletcher and you can remove them pretty easily.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sudo Echo posted:

Play arty or fletcher and you can remove them pretty easily.

Hows that work?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Jst0rm posted:

Hows that work?

Explosives disperse the smoke. It's supposed to take a lot of explosives, like an airstrike. Currently a nader or fletcher can disperse it nearly instantly.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Delacroix posted:

Explosives disperse the smoke. It's supposed to take a lot of explosives, like an airstrike. Currently a nader or fletcher can disperse it nearly instantly.

So skyhammer would as well?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Jst0rm posted:

Sure! I don't think it'd be the best use of a marker (it's easy to shoot people through smoke too) but the option is there. I'm not sure if it'll disperse in one go however, I know two stickies or MGL nades clear it.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Saw a cool new bug today: a Nader was using the Remburg. Seems like it was some sort of accident involving last second loadout card swapping.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

^^ seen that happen once before with a Vasilli using an M4. Very weird.

Jst0rm posted:

Yeah it's just a waste of a strike.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

Saw a cool new bug today: a Nader was using the Remburg. Seems like it was some sort of accident involving last second loadout card swapping.

Ah man, we should do that a lot more for pub games. I mean, we can have poo poo like Rhino with an LMG while his Minigun's cooling and whatnot.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

widespread posted:

Ah man, we should do that a lot more for pub games. I mean, we can have poo poo like Rhino with an LMG while his Minigun's cooling and whatnot.

Rhino with a Dreiss :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Sparks is really good.

• Locked thread