Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah we've seen it in action in a stream. Because of ps3 limitations, they're keeping the party window at a constant amount of processing power required, so adding more bars means something has to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Dr Pepper posted:

So does this mean that AST is going to be even more busted in PVP

325 potency instant shield+heal

yyyyyyyyeah

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The effect of favors has been adjusted as follows:
The duration of favors has been reduced from fifteen minutes to five minutes.
The rate at which concealed gathering points appear has been increased by 300%.

Hahaha I'm so glad I didn't use mine yet. That poo poo was DUMB.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Doublestep posted:

yyyyyyyyeah

That change seems like it might be a good bit too far in the other direction, but we'll see how it plays out. 130% shielding compares very favorably to 100 (200% crit) shielding, especially with a self-buff that doesn't involve ruining yourself to use.

Kinda sad that Paladin is 100% absent from these changes- they noticed how dumb Disable was, but Sheltron is still broken the same way. Maybe in 3.1.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think (hope) that's just a poor translation and it means in the party window.

Considering the System notes specifically mention the Party List I would assume this is exactly what it means.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Niton posted:

That change seems like it might be a good bit too far in the other direction, but we'll see how it plays out. 130% shielding compares very favorably to 100 (200% crit) shielding, especially with a self-buff that doesn't involve ruining yourself to use.

Kinda sad that Paladin is 100% absent from these changes- they noticed how dumb Disable was, but Sheltron is still broken the same way. Maybe in 3.1.

AST's biggest enemy is still MP and spamming aspected benefic/helios is not going to be doing you any favors

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Doublestep posted:

AST's biggest enemy is still MP and spamming aspected benefic/helios is not going to be doing you any favors

That's fair, i'm thinking of it from the perspective of Scholar, which has much stronger mana management tools. The changes are still enough where I think i'll level AST now to try it out, and they look quite nice overall.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I am a big fan of the quick reload change. It's a small thing but it should actually make it a lot less aggravating to play.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
On that note, does someone other than me want to actually run a MCH thread? I don't play it anymore and I don't have a ton of 60 experience with it, and while I have no problem just vomiting information other people tell me, I feel like someone who knows what they're doing would be much more useful.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
drat, I was hoping the lvl 50 dungeon stuff was this patch :(

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Holy drat. Those AST buffs. :getin:

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I'm just glad lalafell look good in anything.

I think the portion of the patch notes that excites me the most is the additions to Fishing Retainers. Now they can actually gather some useful things! I don't think I've had my retainer fish any Heavensward fish for crafting purposes as of yet.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Doublestep posted:

yyyyyyyyeah
It's effectively ~327 because you get 5% bonus healing in Nocturnal Sect. AST is slightly better at providing reliable absorption than SCH now, SCH still has a distinct advantage in healing/defensive utility and MP management though.

E: I'm dumb and misremember my numbers and doublestep was right to begin with.

Smart Car fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 25, 2015

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

get ready for halloween nerds

it's broom time

edit:

Wind-Up Onion Butler

Wind-Up Firion

ilifinicus fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 25, 2015

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
oh my god i need that broom

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Its all still a horrible loving mess though. Did it really need more turn ins for more different poo poo? Red scrip is hosed as is without putting more hosed poo poo on top of it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

oh my god i need that broom

Not empty quoting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Guess no one took astrologians into savage.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's still dumb, you can just get RNG hosed in a third of the time. It's an improvement, just... laughably inadequate for a seriously hosed up system.

You grind time limited nodes to earn a weekly limited currency that you spend for the privilege of gathering crystals (or worse) for 5 minutes while hoping RNGesus grants you one of multiple different tokens you need to trade in for crafting mats used exclusively with other mats bought using a different weekly limited currency to make overpriced recipes with the RNG intentionally weighted against you as some sort of bastardized incentive to specialize so you can spend yet another currency on consumables that will make the RNG gently caress you normally instead of extra hard.

:psypop:

seorin fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 25, 2015

demonette
Feb 25, 2015

bubonic chronic

TheHeadSage posted:

With the JP voices, Haurchefant constantly says "いい" (or ii) which is where some people think the password comes from.

ii  いい just means 'good'.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

ii is a Japanese emoji representation of a pair of legs with high socks/zettai ryouiki, and kind of a meme. During the broadcast the other day, Yoshida mentioned that the password would be "pretty easy to figure out if you know Soken", and Soken has a well-known fascination for knee socks.

There's also that.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm currently geared in HQ crafted 115 stuff, with my main fully suited in Ironworks 120. I would like to start collecting Encrypted Tomestones so I can buy fancy robot weapons. What is the least awful way to do that?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Soken must be an adders man

E: Do Labyrinth of the Ancients, Syrcus Tower and The World of Darkness raids. After you've done them once you'll unlock a weekly quest where if you do each one again you can get a tomestone to get an ironworks weapon for glamour. I hope. Because heavensward gear will outclass that in 3 levels or so. That or go fight bahamut

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 25, 2015

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
My investment in AST eso pieces pays off :getin:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Martman posted:

For my cool MNK bros:

-Meditation recast down from 1.5s to 1.2s
-Forbidden Chakra: after casting, delay before next action reduced
-Tornado Kick: cooldown down from 60s to 40s
-Greased Lightning 1/2/3: Damage Buff up from 9/18/27% to 10/20/30% at 1/2/3 respectively, duration up from 12s to 14s at all levels.

I would love if they just keep continuing to make Monk more pleasant to play as they seem to be doing.

So I can Goku faster, do even more damage as long as I don't screw up (and it's also more forgiving of screw-ups), and don't lose half a GCD to animation lock after using FC. I'm cool with all of this.

Lowering the cooldown on TK doesn't seem to affect its use case much but I'll take it.

Blood Weapon for DRKs offsetting the TP cost of the haste effect is nice too.

And my group beat a1s last night just before maintenance. We're way behind the curve but oh well :toot:

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

Any MCH thoughts on the Quick Reload change or had a chance to try it out? I really liked the aesthetic of the class but shelved it because of the stupid amount of buttons and the "John loving Madden-ness" of the rotation.

I'm a little hopeful that the CD reduction smooths things out in between Wildfires but I guess you're still going to have to mash everything every 2.5 minutes or whatever the Wildfire CD is (phone postin'). I've been leveling Dragoon and while I don't have BotD yet, everything just feels like it flows better, that and it doesn't hurt that it also feels like I'm doing real damage with decent numbers instead of plinking away while praying for buttons to light up.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm leveling up CUL desynth and looking for tips. Right now I'm at 87 and desynthing takitaros from Urth's Gift (60 FSH). Is this a good strategy?

At what point can I finally start desynthing all those super-cheap 3.0 fish?

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

DizzyBum posted:

I'm leveling up CUL desynth and looking for tips. Right now I'm at 87 and desynthing takitaros from Urth's Gift (60 FSH). Is this a good strategy?

At around 100 desynth.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ignimbrite posted:

That or go fight bahamut

Please be more detailed about this. Am I geared adequately for it? I'm mainly worried about how time-consuming/wipe-intensive these dungeons will be. Only got so much time in the evenings.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A random thought from FC chat last night: How far could 8 level 60 ACNs (6 SMN, 2 SCH?) get into level 50 progression content? Titan-egi not having any snap aggro generation could be a problem for some fights.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

A random thought from FC chat last night: How far could 8 level 60 ACNs (6 SMN, 2 SCH?) get into level 50 progression content? Titan-egi not having any snap aggro generation could be a problem for some fights.

unsynced at 60? all the freakin way, i'd imagine just due to scaling.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You have to do mechanics in coil to not wipe though, is that even possible without taunts?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Succor is decent snap aggro in a pinch, in the absence of tanks.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Apparently the SCH top hat has a pretty good additional feature for Lalafell only.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

LordSaturn posted:

Please be more detailed about this. Am I geared adequately for it? I'm mainly worried about how time-consuming/wipe-intensive these dungeons will be. Only got so much time in the evenings.

Unless you go in with a group of level 60 people who know the fight, at level 50 with i110/120 gear you will have a rough time of bahamut because it's the final fight of the raid tier balanced for the gear level you're at, let along the mechanics. The other 3 raids are maybe 20-30m each with pretty breezy mechanics and at or below your gear level.

That said you'd need to find enough people (7 others for T13 and 23 others for Labyrinth / ST / World of Darkness) to go do that content unless you wait for hours in the duty finer / party finder.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tangentially, I really enjoyed the PLD quests in Heavensward. An interesting mix of :3: and :psyduck:

E: While I shy away from PvP in MMOs because I'm bad at it, I want to try it once just for the "Flame Puppy" title :3:

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

DizzyBum posted:

Right now is about when I started. Fish yourself a couple stacks of icepicks, buy a bacon broth and a potion of tinker's calm, and start destroying some fish. Icepicks are 115, but nq broth+calm would put you around 91. You'll fail 90+% of the time, but when you succeed you'll go up by a lot.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

For those of you that like SweetFX stuff, I just gave it a whril for this preset which looks pretty drat good: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4260/

I didn't like the weird things it did to interface windows or it cutting out much more than the 10-15 frames it said but it DID look pretty, and as advertised, without loving up the art direction of the game much. I didn't feel like tweaking it much more but I thought I'd post it in the interest of those who do.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
If I wanted to start playing FF14 but wait for a sale on Heavensward before buying that (which might be months away), how would that affect my progression and endgame? Is the level 50 content still worthwhile, and are there enough people doing it that it wouldn't be wasted time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MrBims posted:

If I wanted to start playing FF14 but wait for a sale on Heavensward before buying that (which might be months away), how would that affect my progression and endgame? Is the level 50 content still worthwhile, and are there enough people doing it that it wouldn't be wasted time?

You'll be able to progress through the entire story 2.x story line that rewards you plenty of gear to be able to do heavensward content when you get to it. But once thats done you will be effectively stoned walled. Also I dont think your character can continue to level past 50 without heavensward so depending on how casually you do the 2.x story content, you might be losing a lot of exp from daily roulettes while you finish it. If you get a good level or two before you start HW you'll be able to skip go straight to story missions and avoid places like mogholme.

• Locked thread