Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Am I dumb for keeping Hillman for an 11th in my keep league? I am already keeping CJ for my 12th. I feel like having those 2 is worth my 11th and 12th. These are the only 2 keeper that are worth anything from last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Show us the rest of your potential keepers.

It's a little silly because you can likely just redraft him a couple rounds later anyway. But as a precaution, you're not really losing much if you really wanna do it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Heath Miller (PIT TE) is available. Should I pick him up? If so, who should I drop?

1qb
2wr
2rb
1wr/rb
1wr/te
1te
1def

.5 ppr, 6catchTD, 6RunTD

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Nah

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Heath Miller (PIT TE) is available. Should I pick him up? If so, who should I drop?

1qb
2wr
2rb
1wr/rb
1wr/te
1te
1def

.5 ppr, 6catchTD, 6RunTD

I'd stand pat with who you have.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Zypher posted:

Show us the rest of your potential keepers.

It's a little silly because you can likely just redraft him a couple rounds later anyway. But as a precaution, you're not really losing much if you really wanna do it.
It cost +1 round to keep someone with a max of 3 and no one in the first 2 rounds. I took over this team so it will probably take a little luck this season. Undrafted keepers count as a 12.

Mark Sanchez, undrafted.
Julian Edelman, 5th round.
Denard Robinson, undrafted.
Frank Gore, 3rd round.
Steven Jackson, 6th round.
Jimmy Graham, 1st round.
CJ Anderson, undrafted.
Colin Kaepernick, 4th round.
Larry Fitzgerald, 2nd round.
Justin Hunter, 7th round.
Ronnie Hillman, undrafted.
Zach Ertz, 8th round.
Adrian Peterson, 1st round.
Adam Vinatieri, 14th round.
Cincinnati DEF, 13th round.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Abugadu posted:

I'd stand pat with who you have.

Yeah I wasn't too blown away.

I kind of want to pick up Knile as a handcuff. Maybe take a Flyer on WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm legit worried about Hill and Green after that disgusting half of a game.

I love overreacting to preseason games for fantasy purposes.

Its ok to worry about Green (hence I haven't drafted him since his post-breakout season) but Hill not so much.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
The only hang-up about A.J. Green is how he does legitimately get fed. Force fed. He has been the intended target on the most interceptions in the league since his entry four years ago.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Any real good lists for IDP rankings?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm stashing Mike Evans away until further notice. I would just prefer to have a guy like Eddie Royal, Agholor, or Landry in that spot - for now.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Beer, donated to your charity thing. Thanks for your work, it really helps with split-minute decision-making.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Any real good lists for IDP rankings?

FantasyPros does a good job of aggregating things.

Suave Fedora posted:

Beer, donated to your charity thing. Thanks for your work, it really helps with split-minute decision-making.

Thanks! I've been really floored with the generosity of people this year. Between BeerSheets and folks donating to Cheating For Charity we've already hit $2K.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Doug Martin lookin' good, Charles Sims being super inefficient, the end is nigh.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gyshall posted:

Doug Martin lookin' good, Charles Sims being super inefficient, the end is nigh.

Oh god, it's happening. I have severe PTSD from Doug Martin. It was my first time doing FF last year and my GF is in the league and for god knows what reason, I told her to draft him in the 2nd. She still won't let me live it down (and for good reason).

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
My girlfriend wouldn't let me live down the fact I had her draft Crabtree in like the ninth round, conveniently forgetting I told her to get DeMarco. You can't win man just stay out of it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What are the general thoughts on Breshad Perriman?

Rookie who hasnt practiced much but supposedly big upside. He was dropped in my league today is he worth a flier or more wait and see

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the_american_dream posted:

Rookie who hasnt practiced much but supposedly big upside. He was dropped in my league today is he worth a flier or more wait and see

Depends on who you're dropping.

Also Febreeze loves fantasy football.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Depends on who you're dropping.

Also Febreeze loves fantasy football.

Yea i guess thats important. Stevie Johnson, who im actually pretty high on as a sleeper this year

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

the_american_dream posted:

Flacco gotta throw it to somebody, especially once 36 year old Steve Smith starts to slow down into the middle of the season. And I really like perriman as a prospect. Recovering from a sprained mcl though will probably give him a slow start.

Edit: keep Stevie, try to trade him once Gates comes back, then reevaluate.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have the number one pick in a 16 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1[RB-WR-TE]/1PK/1DL/1DB/1LB/2[DL-DB-LB] roster with 8 bench spots. IDP scoring is very high, such that last year JJ Watt scored 364.4 points (more than any other player and 147 points more than the DL2.

Is there any reason whatsoever why I wouldn't take him first overall?

My data shows him as 10th overall this year and then 14 other IDP's in the top 50 :stare:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

My data shows him as 10th overall this year and then 14 other IDP's in the top 50 :stare:

It depends on the scoring system. A lot of my projections have him at Gronk level, but those projections assume a regression of sacks and don't take into account the offensive side of the ball. His schedule this year includes games against Buffalo, Jets, and Miami as well as Jacksonville and Tennessee. And given how sorry the offense looks, particularly with the loss of Foster, I would expect him to see the field for a huge amount of time.

Plus he's doubled the number of times he can flip the loving tire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34OWTn6ZZlA

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think going Watt number one overall is very brave of you. I hope it works out. :D

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

I think going Watt number one overall is very brave of you. I hope it works out. :D

Not as much as I do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gyshall posted:

Doug Martin lookin' good.

I refuse to believe. This is like the abusive dad quitting drinking and promising he's never going to beat you or your mom again.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

I refuse to believe. This is like the abusive dad quitting drinking and promising he's never going to beat you or your mom again.

I can change him, he's a good man

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

kiimo posted:

I have something like 95% ownership in MFL10s right now of Doug Martin, and I have him in my high stakes home league too. He did single handedly keep a play alive last night, but Cinci looked like dogshit so,

Although I have a thing about contract year guys. It worked out with Doug Martin this year. Hoping R. Randle and Martin work out this year too.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
This might be a bit out of the purview of this thread, and may have already been covered (so apologies for each) but...

WHY THE gently caress DOES ESPN LOG ME OUT EVERY 20 MINUTES NOW

I'm not the only one this is happening to, right? If this is their solution over actually providing stricter password requirements they have a whole chain of people who deserve to be fired into the sun.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wattershed posted:

This might be a bit out of the purview of this thread, and may have already been covered (so apologies for each) but...

I'm not the only one this is happening to, right? If this is their solution over actually providing stricter password requirements they have a whole chain of people who deserve to be fired into the sun.

It's not just you and the fact that every website tries to pair your login with your facebook/google/yahoo/whatever other big brother conglomerate you can think of is disconcerting at best.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wattershed posted:

I've been logged in for weeks and still am.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

kiimo posted:

No, he's the Ethan Hawke loserdad from boyhood - you're happy Patricia Arquette kicked his rear end to the curb at the beginning of the movie and he's still a loser for a while but then she marries a bunch of RBs who turn out to be assholes and only after everyone has given up hope on Doug he turns out to be a productive member of society

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gyshall posted:

I have something like 95% ownership in MFL10s right now of Doug Martin, and I have him in my high stakes home league too. He did single handedly keep a play alive last night, but Cinci looked like dogshit so,

Although I have a thing about contract year guys. It worked out with Doug Martin this year. Hoping R. Randle and Martin work out this year too.
Hahahahaha. You keep loving that chicken!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Azhais posted:

I've been logged in for weeks and still am.

Do you run any leagues to where you're in & out of the league manager area? I think that's the area that fucks me over. I can hit the site and browse logged in until I hit the LM area and I get a barebones log in page with a tiny grey "log in" button that loads a modal which I have to enter my password in to proceed. I honestly wouldn't give a poo poo except if I'm doing batch updates to keeper salaries in pockets of downtime at work I need that session to persist for longer than a few minutes. I try to save after making changes and it seems to only take a portion of the changes I submit. Haven't had an issue with the whole process until this season and if it happens during my drafts I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

MrSargent posted:

Oh god, it's happening. I have severe PTSD from Doug Martin. It was my first time doing FF last year and my GF is in the league and for god knows what reason, I told her to draft him in the 2nd. She still won't let me live it down (and for good reason).

Last year I had L Bell queued up in the 2nd, and at the last second switched to Martin.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hahahahaha. You keep loving that chicken!

13th round! One day!!!!!!!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wattershed posted:

Do you run any leagues to where you're in & out of the league manager area? I think that's the area that fucks me over. I can hit the site and browse logged in until I hit the LM area and I get a barebones log in page with a tiny grey "log in" button that loads a modal which I have to enter my password in to proceed. I honestly wouldn't give a poo poo except if I'm doing batch updates to keeper salaries in pockets of downtime at work I need that session to persist for longer than a few minutes. I try to save after making changes and it seems to only take a portion of the changes I submit. Haven't had an issue with the whole process until this season and if it happens during my drafts I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

No, I don't run any leagues.

Might be worth clearing all of your ESPN cookies, maybe something is just messed up.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

The Zack posted:

Last year I had L Bell queued up in the 2nd, and at the last second switched to Martin.

I picked up Odell Beckham Jr. off waivers before his first game against Atlanta, and then dropped him after the game for...the Colts Defense. :suicide:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Azhais posted:

No, I don't run any leagues.

Might be worth clearing all of your ESPN cookies, maybe something is just messed up.

Unfortunately what he's describing is 100% the new normal for LMs on ESPN. Very annoying.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Zypher posted:

Unfortunately what he's describing is 100% the new normal for LMs on ESPN. Very annoying.

That explains why my league switched to NFL.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Locked thread