Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Christie had that brief period where he seemed like a guy Republicans liked and Democrats could begrudgingly respect. Imagine if he had come out swinging Trump-style against idiots who criticize him for thanking/hugging Obama in the wake of Sandy. Now he just comes off as the small-time goon he always was.

this is my jam, this is my loving jam right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Does Trump run his own Twitter account? Either he does or he has trained his interns very well on how to write exactly as he would.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

NotWearingPants posted:

Christie is done in politics period unless he moves somewhere else.

Everyone points to bridge-gate, but I think people are missing the enormity of his decision buddy up with Jerry Jones and wear Dallas Cowboys gear when practically every male, and many females, within 200 miles is a Giants or Eagles fan. I've never seen my father dislike a politician more, and I doubt he's ever heard of bridge-gate. The Cowboys aren't just a rivalry, they are the most hated team in any sport. It's close to religion.

The Cowboys own

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Harrow posted:

Does Trump run his own Twitter account? Either he does or he has trained his interns very well on how to write exactly as he would.

You know he does son.
It actually cracks me up that this old guy that wants to be president is so loving vain he tweets all day long. just lol.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yeah, you probably either live there or live in a place without a team. Being a Cowboys fan around here means your father probably molested you.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

That'll win the Latino vote for sure.

EDIT: Honestly, if Trump dropped the N-bomb, would that hurt or help him in the polls?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
The Onion: Out-Of-Control Scott Walker Injured After Wildly Careening Between Stances On Immigration

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Are you trying to give people seizures, what the hell?
Make that stop.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

York_M_Chan posted:

That'll win the Latino vote for sure.

EDIT: Honestly, if Trump dropped the N-bomb, would that hurt or help him in the polls?

Yeah, I know non-Mexican Latinos just love being referred to as Mexicans.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, I know non-Mexican Latinos just love being referred to as Mexicans.

Could they be, I don't know... Americans?
I know a lot of south American refugees are moving up here, but so many Hispanics are legally American and we poo poo all over them.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 25, 2015

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
That does not sound right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCYyrbhTog

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

This made me lol.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
"I don't think Planned Parenthood ought to get a penny because they're not actually doing women's health issues." - Jeb!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Winkie01 posted:

"I don't think Planned Parenthood ought to get a penny because they're not actually doing women's health issues." - Jeb!

a one-man campaign to say everything wrong

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Chart of the Day:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

DaveWoo posted:

Chart of the Day:

It's like one of those stupid chart gags where the projection is so high/low it continues off the screen onto the office wall or some poo poo. Clearly we are in 2015-B and Trump is in possession of a sports almanac with a special section for strange political bets they run in vegas. This can't be how this reality was supposed to have gone.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 25, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

NotWearingPants posted:

Christie is done in politics period unless he moves somewhere else.

Everyone points to bridge-gate, but I think people are missing the enormity of his decision buddy up with Jerry Jones and wear Dallas Cowboys gear when practically every male, and many females, within 200 miles is a Giants or Eagles fan. I've never seen my father dislike a politician more, and I doubt he's ever heard of bridge-gate. The Cowboys aren't just a rivalry, they are the most hated team in any sport. It's close to religion.

Well the more important part is that he's term limited as governor, would never accept lieutenant governor, no one's going to appoint him to state supreme court, and if chose to run for state legislature he'd just be pouting as a do-nothing against the democrat super majority.

It ain't like sucking off the Cowboys helped or anything, but his career was already deadended in the state and he has 0 appeal for anywhere else as well.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Who was it that was saying how they liked Trump's graphics because they nail the FB meme style so well compared to the slick establishment ones like Jeb Bush's Black Hand? This is a great example

the quote marks around Jeb and the parenthetical after Graham are great little touches

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Pohl posted:

I think I just peed myself.

Not Mexican language, American language.
:lol:

The "Go Jeb!" is just icing on the cake

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/supporters-tell-horrified-gop-pollster-why-they-trust-trump-to-make-america-great-again-its-on-his-hat/

quote:

Republican pollster Frank Luntz peered into the GOP’s id by questioning Donald Trump supporters about his appeal — and he found the results terrifying.

“We’ve got to show the Republicans that we’ve had it with them, that we will not be there every single time,” one woman said. “They treat us like crap and they lie to us and promise us things and then they expect us to vote again. That’s why we want Trump.”

Luntz asked the participants to describe Trump in one word, which returned a varied mix of answers: “businessman,” “brave,” “successful,” “results,” “decisive,” “leader,” “guts,” “charismatic,” “bombastic,” “not a politician,” “not P.C.,” “true American,” “brash,” “decisive,” “kick rear end and take names.”

But supporters mostly explained that they found Trump’s message — which is pitched to a third-grade level — appealing because it was easy to understand.

“We know his goal is to make America great again,” one woman said. “It’s on his hat, and we see it every time it’s on TV. Everything that he’s doing, there’s no doubt why he’s doing it — it’s to make America great again.”

Luntz showed the participants recordings of Trump insulting women, bragging about himself and reversing his previous positions on a variety of topics — but the vast majority said they only liked him more after watching the videos.

“Nothing disqualifies Trump,” Luntz said afterward.

The pollster was breathless as he met with reporters who had watched the focus group from behind one-way mirrors, saying the findings were “significant” and mind-blowing, reported Time.

“This is real,” Luntz said. “I’m having trouble processing it. Like, my legs are shaking.”

“I want to put the Republican leadership behind this mirror and let them see,” he added. “They need to wake up. They don’t realize how the grassroots have abandoned them. Donald Trump is punishment to a Republican elite that wasn’t listening to their grassroots.”

The Trump cancer has metastasized in the GOP.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Xenophon posted:

Who was it that was saying how they liked Trump's graphics because they nail the FB meme style so well compared to the slick establishment ones like Jeb Bush's Black Hand? This is a great example

the quote marks around Jeb and the parenthetical after Graham are great little touches

lol irl

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The amazing thing about Trump is I think he legitimately does not give a gently caress about the concerns of the rich, unless the rich person's last name is Trump. The only person who gives less fucks about pleasing the rich is Bernie, he cares about exactly one less rich person.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Pohl posted:

Hahaha, loving trump never gives an inch.

He shouldn't. Basically, you punch an enemy while they're up, and you punch an enemy even harder while they're down.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 25, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

“Nothing disqualifies Trump,” Luntz said afterward.

The pollster was breathless as he met with reporters who had watched the focus group from behind one-way mirrors, saying the findings were “significant” and mind-blowing, reported Time.

“This is real,” Luntz said. “I’m having trouble processing it. Like, my legs are shaking.”

Yesss, look upon what ye hath wrought, and tremble in fear

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

XK posted:

The Trump cancer has metastasized in the GOP.

There's not really been much change. It's still not clear that Trump can continue to actually gain more ground. The people who dislike Trump are probably just as solidly in that position as the people who support him. I doubt there's much Trump can do to change his favorables.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

People say that Trump's support will drop when other candidates drop out.

Candidates drop out when they run out of money.

What I'm saying, is that Trump should use SuperPAC anonymity to funnel money to his opponents and keep them all in the race.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No, look at those loving head to heads. Look at them.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ErIog posted:

There's not really been much change. It's still not clear that Trump can continue to actually gain more ground. The people who dislike Trump are probably just as solidly in that position as the people who support him. I doubt there's much Trump can do to change his favorables.

Winning caucuses and primaries are basically what it'll come down to. GOP voters, being idiots, will flock to him when he starts looking like a winner.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

ErIog posted:

This. The 35% in the NH poll is surprising -- it's a higher plurality than I was expecting him to get, but the unfavorables for Trump are real.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Im looking forward to each candidate having a hat-off now that the secret to polling well is out. Maybe Scott Walker can finally hide that bald spot of his with a Koch branded trucker hat.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Also, the anti-Trump ad blitz hasn't even started yet. It will. I'm a fan of Trumpmentum as the next guy, and want to see this train go on as long as possible, but it's gonna derail.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The more Jeb! fails, the more Rubio can't wear a goddamn suit, the more Scott Walker's state descends into post apocalyptic chaos...Trump's unfavorables will just melt away. He is what their voters want. Their racist, moronic voters.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

CNN front page right now: "Bush: 'Anchor babies' = Asians"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

echronorian posted:

So relieved right now that my predictit is all Trump, Kasich and Fiorina. Plus the market rebounded as expected and I'm basically having a terrific morning.

Kasich and Fiorina are going to lose hard, regardless of what the polls say at any given time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

railroad terror posted:

Also, the anti-Trump ad blitz hasn't even started yet. It will. I'm a fan of Trumpmentum as the next guy, and want to see this train go on as long as possible, but it's gonna derail.

Trump will just pay Doc Brown for a Hover conversion.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Those Trump votes are going to flow between himself, Cruz, and Carson. There isn't enough ad money to bury all of them. Would negative ads even work against someone as widely known as Trump?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
You guys really need to stop paying attention to "unfavorables" or whatever other red herring you want to focus on.

railroad terror posted:

An ad blitz isn't going to help much as long as opinion shapers on the right aren't also trying to tear Trump down.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

ErIog posted:

He doesn't need to gain more ground. If he can just keep the people he has right now angry at the republican establishment post-election, he'll have effectively shattered the modern republican party. I'm not convinced he can do that, unless some other demagogue steps up, but if he does, I can honestly say that Donald Trump's legacy will be as a Real American Hero. Think about that.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

nachos posted:

Those Trump votes are going to flow between himself, Cruz, and Carson. There isn't enough ad money to bury all of them. Would negative ads even work against someone as widely known as Trump?

Yes. Right now Trump is known among low-information voters as the real life version of the Straight Talk Express. Throw in 2 months of (insert horrible thing Trump has said) it will change the narrative. Voters, the closer they get to the primary, will start to care about electability. Carson will self-implode, and I could see Cruz as this year's Huckabee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Kasich and Fiorina are going to lose hard, regardless of what the polls say at any given time.

Ya but I'm only a few bullshit polls from doubling what I put in and that's really all that matters on predictit. The goal is enough people start believing they have a chance.

• Locked thread