Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

jiffypop45 posted:

As long as you're fairly smart about it usually it's not hard to avoid spoilers. The only anime I ever accidently spoiled for myself was Your Lie in April but just knowing what kind of show it is (Tragedy) you can guess pretty quick how it's going to end.

People that go into threads on this board and whine about spoilers don't make sense to me. Apart from the OP whose job it is to sell the show to you I feel as though anything after that is to be posted under the pretense that everyone is caught up or has seen the show.

I realize that's somewhat of a minority opinion but if ADTRW modded every spoiler post the entire board would be silent for a week and Lowtax would make at least a quarter million in rereg fees.

I hate it when I look at new posts in a thread I follow but don't realize that a new episode/chapter is out. If I go in and the first post is something like, "New episode!" then all's well, and the first few posts being spoilered generally accomplishes the same goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Madoka was probably based on the B-text of Faustus because it's a loving mess

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Hbomberguy posted:

Madoka was probably based on the B-text of Faustus because it's a loving mess

B-Text supremacy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It's like maple syrup, you think A would be better but the pros all know to go with B

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
B-sides are better

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Madoka episode 3 owns

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bebe did nothing wrong

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Being meguka is etc...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Now for the start of my fave arc which is the arc about sakis low self esteem and dokas ptsd

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Haha he just karate chopped that cd

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Namtab posted:

Haha he just karate chopped that cd

still the worst designed cd player ever

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hitomi owned in that ep

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

point of return posted:

still the worst designed cd player ever

It looked cool though

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

Hitomi owned in that ep

Hitomi a poo poo, step off my main girl's boy.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I liked it when Hitomi turned into a blob in Rebellion, that was cool.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I liked the scenes where Hitomi didn't appear, because she's the worst character.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I liked it when Hitomi turned into a blob in Rebellion, that was cool.

It's okay I guess

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hitomi is good and i am glad she got the guy

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

hitomi is good and i am glad she got the guy

To interject some serious posting in this GBS 2.0-ness:

In continuing with Urobuchi's theme of "even when you get what you want you'll still never be happy" it's worth noting that at the beginning of rebellion that while she did in fact "get" the guy, he was too busy to do anything with her because of his musical pursuits.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jiffypop45 posted:

To interject some serious posting in this GBS 2.0-ness:

In continuing with Urobuchi's theme of "even when you get what you want you'll still never be happy" it's worth noting that at the beginning of rebellion that while she did in fact "get" the guy, he was too busy to do anything with her because of his musical pursuits.

Please don't compare me to gbs.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

jiffypop45 posted:

Sayaka really dodged a bullet there.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Starsnostars posted:

Sayaka really dodged a bullet there.

Sayaka would've been so grateful just being able to call him her "boyfriend" that she would probably take whatever abuse he would dole out with a smile on her face.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's why she's much better off with Kyoko

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

AlternateNu posted:

Sayaka would've been so grateful just being able to call him her "boyfriend" that she would probably take whatever abuse he would dole out with a smile on her face.
Nah. By Rebellion she's grown up and is like "man, what the gently caress did I ever see in that guy? He's boring as poo poo!"
Then she proceeds to seduce Kyoko

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The hetero sayaka meme

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Namtab posted:

The hetero sayaka meme

Nah

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me Rebellion was all about the advent of SayaHomu as the one true lesbian ship.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bakanogami posted:

Excuse me Rebellion was all about the advent of SayaHomu as the one true lesbian ship.

Is this an invitation to post anthropomorphic lesbian boats?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Bakanogami posted:

I don't see the romance but their dynamic is super great

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sayaka and Homura is the one true ship.

Remember, hate is only a hair's breadth from love!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Lewd

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

You see, the struggles between the inherently-more chaotic universe Homura created and Sayaka's blind striving to topple the new order are ironic. That they're struggling for effectively the same thing--removal of an unfair system--shows their mutual romantic compatibility and further more

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's a powerful skirt.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

PerrineClostermann posted:

Sayaka and Homura is the one true ship.

Remember, hate is only a hair's breadth from love!

I didn't know I wanted this until now. Thanks, you've ruined Madoka for me...

:)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You awful awful people.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

.jpg posted:

I think you've all been very mean to Lord Justice over the past few days. He just wants Madoka to get the same respect any pure and beautiful work of art deserves

In fact, I've been working closely with him to put together the definitive Rebellion masterwork edition, as it was intended to be from the start. I've rendered out a few sample cuts so you can get a feel for what our vision is really about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxukdpAD1Ew

was catching up on this thread and this is pages back but holy poo poo you own

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordaedil posted:

You awful awful people.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Knorth posted:

I didn't know I wanted this until now. Thanks, you've ruined Madoka for me...

:)

Ruin? Or enhance? :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's me, I'm getting mad about ships in the Madoka thread

• Locked thread