Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I believe this is relevant to the present discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgxh4Dfgpts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

The only similarity that they share is that they're both guns and semiautomatic, as far as I can see. The pistols fire faster, do less damage, and don't have a scope.

This is exactly why people are somewhat against having a huge fuckoff elephant-gun revolver because at that point it basically becomes identical to a sharpshooter weapon.

Those other analogies were so remarkably bad and missed the point by so far that they're not worth addressing.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Gunslinger has no class weapons or skills, just automatically dual wields every weapon

Dual Pulverizers
Dual AK103s
Dual Flamethrowers
Dual AA12s
Dual RPG-7Vs

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i see a ton of speculation in this thread that can probably be answered by playing KF1 or some of the mods for KF1 where there were active gunslinger perks

also if you're bored with the current content, then check out the RPG servers on HOE difficulty or try playing servers with all sorts of custom maps

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I feel like gunslinger is going you be trying to achieve a really old western movie feel and have a lot of stuff concerning diving around and a lot of stuff with zed time. Let me dive over a table while headshotting things in slow motion with dual pistols and I'll be happy

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ramsus posted:

i see a ton of speculation in this thread that can probably be answered by playing KF1 or some of the mods for KF1 where there were active gunslinger perks

also if you're bored with the current content, then check out the RPG servers on HOE difficulty or try playing servers with all sorts of custom maps

I've played the KF1 modded Gunslinger perk, and I didn't think it was a Sharpshooter replacement at all. If anything, it was more similar to Commando.

I think goons need to just calm down and accept what comes. There's no point saying that this nonexistent game feature will totally obsolesce this other nonexistent game feature when you haven't tried either and don't know what's planned. Speculation is one thing, but disapproving of (imagined) dev actions? This is as bad as TVIV, where people threaten to leave a show because of speculation of future events.

I don't think adding an elephant pistol will obviate Sharpshooter's role at all. Sharpshooter has historically been about getting headshots to disable or outright kill big enemies. Getting consistent headshots with a scopeless pistol is not going to be easy, and taking the time to line them up will be a waste of time (unless they have a headshot bonus like SS do). Sharpshooter isn't about just scoring high damage shots, it's about taking out the high priority targets rather than the trash, so you don't waste your limited ammo reserves and because you fire pretty slowly. That isn't a role I see Gunslinger shoehorning into.

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 24, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Whoever designs the gunslinger just needs to play through Call of Juarez Gunslinger two or three times and then do that. They've already got the slow-mo part!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Whoever designs the gunslinger just needs to play through Call of Juarez Gunslinger two or three times and then do that. They've already got the slow-mo part!

The perk that let you reload faster by mashing the reload button was so simple but so perfect. :f5: MORE BULLETS LET'S GO COME ON AWW YEAH :ocelot::clint:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I really hope the gunslinger's melee is just pistol whipping with an unloaded revolver, and hitting reload lets you spin it infinitely.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I've played the KF1 modded Gunslinger perk, and I didn't think it was a Sharpshooter replacement at all. If anything, it was more similar to Commando.

I forget what modded KF1 server it was, but I got a few levels into some custom Gunslinger perk. I remember you kept getting bigger clips as you leveled, and with dual 9mm you could hold down LMB and fire crazy fast, it was basically a mini-mac10 in each hand. Commando did more damage but the strength of Gunslinger was being able to carry more and more clips

so after a while you could be continually firing for the entire wave if you didn't waste too much ammo. There was also COWBOY MODE where if you had light armor and two pistols out you moved faster and did bonus pistol damage. It was pretty fun, so TW either do that or yea just copy a bunch of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger code and paste it into the next content update :clint:

Theta Zero posted:

I really hope the gunslinger's melee is just pistol whipping with an unloaded revolver, and hitting reload lets you spin it infinitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHlldvAVBnE

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Spinning revolvers allows you to juggle clots. Level up spinning to juggle bigger enemies.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

I forget what modded KF1 server it was, but I got a few levels into some custom Gunslinger perk. I remember you kept getting bigger clips as you leveled, and with dual 9mm you could hold down LMB and fire crazy fast, it was basically a mini-mac10 in each hand. Commando did more damage but the strength of Gunslinger was being able to carry more and more clips

Probably one of the servers by a guy named Guardian, I know my brother played the poo poo out of those about a year ago but they never connected with me. On those servers though I think the class was called "Pistol Pro".

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Rumor is that the update drops today. Questioner hasn't been seen in a while so that seems plausible. There's some chatter about an "opt-in beta" in the future on the official forums that has everyone going apeshit

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Rumor is that the update drops today. Questioner hasn't been seen in a while so that seems plausible. There's some chatter about an "opt-in beta" in the future on the official forums that has everyone going apeshit

He posted last week just to say it would be soon-ish.

e;

Questioner86 posted:

Things are cranking right along and Yoshiro will continue to drop information as soon as he can.

Things are busy for the whole QA department and the company as a whole. While we're doing our thing some people have moved onto work for the next update and some people are iterating on content Incinerate & Detonate. Performance optimizations, tweaks based on internal playtest data, refinements and bug fixes are still rolling in but soon we'll start slowing down the checkins to only critical fixes and start getting the build ready for the public. I showed off some of the new features to some friends I had over at my house this weekend and seeing their reactions got me really excited for you all to see the new content. Hopefully you'll think it was worth the wait once you get a chance to see all the cool new stuff.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Didn't we all already pay a few bucks to be in the "opt-in beta" that is Early Access?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gromit posted:

Didn't we all already pay a few bucks to be in the "opt-in beta" that is Early Access?

Opt-in as in "select the beta build from the settings on Steam so that they don't release an untested build and people who don't want to beta test can continue playing the stable build."

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Gromit posted:

Thing is that while a few people are savy enough to know what "beta" used to mean and are okay with paying for a version that gets frequent updates and has broken poo poo and bugs and unfinished stuff after some point 95% of the people just view it as buying a "small version" of the finished polished game and will lose their poo poo if their rank gets wiped or if their favorite build gets nerfed or if theres broken buggy crap after a patch and they'll whine endlessly about it

which is why you don't get daily internal builds that are probably barely playable and instead you get monthly bundled patches that run through the entire testing and QA chain, which sucks in a different way

the opt-in beta thing in steam is hopefully hidden enough to maybe separate the latter from the former

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 25, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Opt-in as in "select the beta build from the settings on Steam so that they don't release an untested build and people who don't want to beta test can continue playing the stable build."

I actually thought we would be getting the frequent (not daily, maybe weekly) builds through that feature rather than what we're getting. I'd prefer it for sure, i'd get to play with the cool new poo poo.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I was at a wedding in Vegas this weekend so I was too busy doing party stuff to post. :toot:

But yes, we're working on making the opt-in Beta available ASAP.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Questioner86 posted:

I was at a wedding in Vegas this weekend so I was too busy doing party stuff to post. :toot:

But yes, we're working on making the opt-in Beta available ASAP.

*screenshots this post, posts it in the official KF2 forums*

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm glad the opt-in beta exists to protect me from seeing unfinished content in an Early Access release.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why dont you just opt-in its like 2 or 3 clicks

also maybe you can handle that poo poo but have you ever talked to another gamer or even read this very thread, if things don't work 100% perfectly then there is a lot of pissing and moaning about how THEY BOUGHT A GAME

so good on you i guess for being an ultra mature gamer that can totally handle unfinished content but most people that play video games are dumb shitlords who cant, even if its early access

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah if you're complaining about being given a choice just go insert your fist directly up your rear end in a top hat you manbaby.

E: That probably sounds like i'm mocking Eon, i'm not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh ididnt take it that way and even if you were thats cool because thats what SA is all about

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

*screenshots this post, posts it in the official KF2 forums*

"Hey, I know we've been friends for years but I can't come to your wedding. Yeah. The people who post on our forums wouldn't approve my time off request. Sorry, guys."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
most people who pay for early access games would be just fine with shackling developers to a desk and feeding them only at patch time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
people who play video games are usually terrible which is weird because video games own

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Eonwe posted:

why dont you just opt-in its like 2 or 3 clicks

I will but it's not actually available yet :saddowns:

Also yea gamers bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry we fought let's be friends

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone add me on steam if you want to play when the patch drops

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love it if Gunslinger had a level 5 skill that made every X bullets automatically bounce to the next closest target. Maybe a higher count if the initial is a headshot.

The game actively discourages you from camping, thank god but some traps or turrets would be very welcome to help aid area denial or escapes.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm sorry we fought let's be friends

I will never be mad at you(r av)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
omniknight is good and if i played dota id play as him

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Eonwe posted:

people who play video games are usually terrible which is weird because video games own

That goes for sci-fi, anime, tabletop and comic fans too so I guess nerds are just terrible in general and literally complete babies that can't wait 6 months for a product they want noooooooooow? I could be dead in 6 months and also have no impulse control, sense of perspective or anything else to do with my time wah.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Don't think we're gonna see the update today. Just restarted Steam and tried to Opt In for beta and there was no option.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I love it if Gunslinger had a level 5 skill that made every X bullets automatically bounce to the next closest target. Maybe a higher count if the initial is a headshot.

The game actively discourages you from camping, thank god but some traps or turrets would be very welcome to help aid area denial or escapes.

So... Borderlands 2?

Although Demolitions sort of does the traps with pipe bombs, so since he's dropping in the next update we'll see if pipe bombs are part of it.

But the turret thing was done in custom servers in KF1, I remember people setting up those white portal robots in doorways to just shoot everything and keep out enemies, and since the AI wasn't built to target non-player entities that well a lot of times they'd just gather in front of it to get shot and stare at you.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Eonwe posted:

when the patch drops

lol

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Here's the changelog for the preview, ya smart asses.

Part 1 http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/801992841516139803

Part 2 http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/801992841516140951

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Here's some of what stood out to me:

quote:

M4 now carries 8 shells in the magazine
M4 reloads have been adjusted (animation and timing)

So maybe the M4 will be viable as a middle step thanks to the bigger mag and faster(?) reload, especially since...

quote:

AA12 price increased

Also the flamethrower is going to be increased to T3 pricing so no more cheap funsies.

Just gonna paste the changes about the monsters:

quote:

Husk
Backpack will explode after a damage threshold is reached
Now suicides a bit faster
Shoots can now be interrupted via stumble/knockdown/stunned/panic/poison

Bloat
When headless puke now sprays from the neck (visual only)

Hans
Is now more resistant to explosives (but vulnerable to microwaves)
Is now a bit more inaccurate with firearms
Has a bit more cooldown between gun bursts

Melee attacks now have pushback on them
Melee attacks now have a bit more cooldown between chains
Hit reactions now look more fluid (and less jerky)
Grenades now have a UI warning
Has a visible shield when he goes into hunt mode
Shield visibly deflects bullets when in hunt mode
Stumble animations are now quicker and take less time to recover.
Knockdown animation added
Unique parried animations added

Siren
Siren scream is now interrupted on stumble/knockdown/stunned/panic/poison
Sirens now scream less frequently, but does more damage per pulse

Fleshpound
Fleshpound now wants to hit something before dropping out of rage (like in Killing Floor 1)
New rage sprint animation added
3 EMP grenades will now trigger incap - This is reduced used to be 5 to incap.
Knockdown animation is added to zed.
Unique parried animations added.

Scrake
Knockdown animation is added to zed.
Unique parried animations added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
When will it go live?