Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

This looks like a bad game, and one that lacks any meaningful connection to Mad Max, though.

I think it looks pretty fun and I don't particularly care if it has a 'meaningful connection' to Mad Max. I didn't care when it was called Fallout either.

Like you pretty clearly don't actually care about the game, you care that it doesn't live up to your idea of a Mad Max game. Have fun with that. Making snide comments about how it looks bad because it isn't ~true to the original films~ is utterly meaningless when discussing a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ImpAtom posted:

I think it looks pretty fun and I don't particularly care if it has a 'meaningful connection' to Mad Max. I didn't care when it was called Fallout either.

Yes, I know what you think.

ImpAtom posted:

Like you pretty clearly don't actually care about the game, you care that it doesn't live up to your idea of a Mad Max game.

This means literally nothing? I've already said some of the reasons why I don't think it looks very good, aside from the use of the IP, even. You might as well reduce everything anyone's ever said about it to an equally vapid interpretation and close this thread.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 25, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Trolling is against the rules. You should read them so you don't embarrass yourself like this again.

I can't read that's why I game

I just memorize swipe patterns on my phone and take wild guesses

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I think it looks pretty fun and I don't particularly care if it has a 'meaningful connection' to Mad Max.

Neither does Dido to be honest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sedisp posted:

Oh, he's just being a dumb troll. Gotcha.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sedisp posted:

I don't think she games.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Sedisp posted:

Dan Didio posted:

This looks like a bad game, and one that lacks any meaningful connection to Mad Max, though.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Any experience ordering from GreenManGaming and using the key on Steam? They're selling Mad Max for 40% off which seems too good to be true. I normally wouldn't care and just pay the Steam price but, despite looking amazing, I'm hesitant to shell out $60 for what could be a buggy port.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Godmachine posted:

Any experience ordering from GreenManGaming and using the key on Steam? They're selling Mad Max for 40% off which seems too good to be true. I normally wouldn't care and just pay the Steam price but, despite looking amazing, I'm hesitant to shell out $60 for what could be a buggy port.

Yeah, I've used them multiple times. They send you a key like a day or so before the game goes live and you just add it to Steam. Bewared through, if you are really worried about the game you won't be able to get a steam refund by using GMG.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I predict reviews will be around 75 - 80

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Would someone do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

If I could enjoy Beyond Thunderdome, I can enjoy this game.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Crappy Jack posted:

This game doesn't have Tina Turner

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I've liked every gameplay video I've seen so far. I can definitely understand concerns about it being derivative and/or repetitive, but I really think I'll enjoy it.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Better let everyone know I think this game looks like poo poo and they're dumb for wanting to play it!

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I'm going to enjoy this for half of the reasons I enjoyed Brutal Legend. Driving around looking at pretty poo poo with most of my head turned off is a great way to unwind after a long day. Rote but visually satisfying combat just reinforces that. Shame about the lack of heavy metal, but I liked the Fury Road soundtrack enough to buy it and if they hit a similar tone I'll be OK.

MGS5 is for when I want to game with my head turned on.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

echronorian posted:

I predict reviews will be around 75 - 80

This is a good review average and I think it looks fun

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Better let everyone know I think this game looks like poo poo and they're dumb for wanting to play it!

You have brain problems brought about by terminal thin-skin disease.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Another Stream in 3 minutes.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

The dev is using a X1 controller, considering every bit of footage has been PS4 perhaps this is PC footage? That would be consistent with other recent releases.

Edit: I was only able to watch the stream briefly as I'm at work. Good to know it's the PC build.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 25, 2015

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Excellent. PC build, re-affirms that it was all done in-house. Dude's currently has all upgrades, and is attacking a high-level camp, and he's still getting into trouble and getting messed up. Nice to know the challenge can go throughout the entire game.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Haha the PC overheated.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TotalHell posted:

Excellent. PC build, re-affirms that it was all done in-house. Dude's currently has all upgrades, and is attacking a high-level camp, and he's still getting into trouble and getting messed up. Nice to know the challenge can go throughout the entire game.

Well he is is a dev and many are known to not be the best at their own games, so it's more like fully upgraded or not, the skill of the driver is what counts.

And there might also be some unfortunate truth to the PC requirements if running at the highest of ultra setting melts even the dev's pc.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Crabtree posted:

Well he is is a dev and many are known to not be the best at their own games, so it's more like fully upgraded or not, the skill of the driver is what counts.

And there might also be some unfortunate truth to the PC requirements if running at the highest of ultra setting melts even the dev's pc.

Yeah with the combat system i'm fairly sure that i'm going to be able to walk through every single camp. To much shadow of mordor.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Crappy Jack posted:

So far I haven't seen any kids in this so maybe it'll be as entertaining as the first half or so of Thunderdome.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'll be listening to these on launch day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utHgwMZ0q38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrEdaoENz0

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Which is the sillier movie theme, "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner, or "Thunderball" by Tom Jones?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

TotalHell posted:

Which is the sillier movie theme, "We Don't Need Another Hero" by Tina Turner, or "Thunderball" by Tom Jones?

I actually kinda liked the Tina Turner song... :blush:

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The only silly thing about the Thunderball theme is how loving good it is.

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006

tehsid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAiwOUl6Dg

Another 1h 30min video from StreamCoco.

gently caress me this guy is annoying.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
He really is completely terrible on his own.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sheesh, just got a 50% off GMG coupon for this but I still am not gonna be able to conjure up enough to upgrade my system in the next week :)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
WB must really be worried about MGS/feeling guilty about AK to offer such a preorder deal.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

WB must really be worried about MGS/feeling guilty about AK to offer such a preorder deal.

I suspect they're more worried about the fact it's hitting the same day as one of the most anticipated games of the year which is getting a ton of extremely positive pre-release hype and which has unfortunate demographic overlap.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

My only concern will be that eventually this game will be a bit checklist-y by the end of it all, like what Far Cry III and IV turned into near the end. "Oh, yeah, gotta do THIS and this and THIS"

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Speedball posted:

My only concern will be that eventually this game will be a bit checklist-y by the end of it all, like what Far Cry III and IV turned into near the end. "Oh, yeah, gotta do THIS and this and THIS"

It will definitely be like that. You can tell from one look at the videos that they are directly using the Ubisoft model of open world games. It's gonna to be some number of unique event types that are then repeated ad nauseum with slightly different set ups.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Joe Gillian posted:

The only silly thing about the Beyond Thunderdome theme is how loving good it is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Are there any open world games that don't basically become checklists by the end?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect they're more worried about the fact it's hitting the same day as one of the most anticipated games of the year which is getting a ton of extremely positive pre-release hype and which has unfortunate demographic overlap.

I'd agree with that. For $30 even if it's Mordor with car combat rather than Nemisis I'll be very pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Are there any open world games that don't basically become checklists by the end?

Shadow of Mordor sort of avoids this thanks to the Nemesis system, but even then you're doing stuff like "Well gotta make this warchief afraid of fire, doot de doo *throw*" to get what you want out of the system, so no, not really.

• Locked thread