Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It finally happened, I got a SSR pull. :D

Blue Super Saiyan 2 Goku. I seem to get a lot of blue dudes, how viable is a monocolour team in this game? Is having one of each colour necessary? Or are link skills more important?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ytlaya posted:

I was in denial when King Vegeta finally dropped. I didn't even notice at first that he had dropped because I wasn't really paying attention (because I had become conditioned to him not dropping). It took at least 30 tries. At least I finally got him, and he can replace Tora on my Bardock/Saiyan team.

Speaking of denial, oh my god I just got SSJ Bardock. That makes three natural SSRs in a week. Also my Tora is super level 9 and Shugesh is super level 10. :getin:

Prison Warden posted:

It finally happened, I got a SSR pull. :D

Blue Super Saiyan 2 Goku. I seem to get a lot of blue dudes, how viable is a monocolour team in this game? Is having one of each colour necessary? Or are link skills more important?

Really depends on what you're doing. Links are super important, though. SSJ2 Goku has a lot of good ones, especially Saiyan Warrior Race. I'd suggest trying to do a AGL/TEQ/STR team around his leader skill, mix in a Saiyan or two, especially if you have R Bardock.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 24, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SSJ 2 Goku in particular is strong on a team with a +3 blue ki leader, between that and his passive he should have a super every turn.

Monocolor teams are useful as long as you don't take them into situations where you get hosed over by a boss. Try to have a rainbow team as your main group and then feel free to build a few monocolor teams for situational use.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Speaking of denial, oh my god I just got SSJ Bardock. That makes three natural SSRs in a week.

I have 100 stones ready for Perfect Cell and SS2 Gohan tomorrow. Always hopeful, never give in to despair.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

I have 100 stones ready for Perfect Cell and SS2 Gohan tomorrow. Always hopeful, never give in to despair.

Good luck!

Oh god, I just realized that now I need two Supreme Kai medals. Those only drop on Z-Hard medal missions, right? :negative:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Good luck!

Oh god, I just realized that now I need two Supreme Kai medals. Those only drop on Z-Hard medal missions, right? :negative:

They can drop from regular Z-Hard missions either from the bosses or from the gold awakening capsules. Very low chance though so good luck.

If you log in all 10 days of the 6 million download event, you will get a Supreme and Old Kai medal. If you log in 30 days, you'll also get the set.

I don't believe I'll ever have 4 natural SSR's so that's plenty for me especially since I have an extra Supreme Kai that randomly dropped for me (which I have nothing to use it on).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, I'm only going to need it for Bardock in a few days when I get him leveled up, but I'll probably want to use my other SSJ Vegeta at some point. I'm sure a UR TEQ will come in handy for SOMETHING.

Is the Krillin that can be Dokkan Awakened in the game yet? I have an R STR one, but I want to make sure before I merge them down.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Echophonic posted:

Well, I'm only going to need it for Bardock in a few days when I get him leveled up, but I'll probably want to use my other SSJ Vegeta at some point. I'm sure a UR TEQ will come in handy for SOMETHING.

Is the Krillin that can be Dokkan Awakened in the game yet? I have an R STR one, but I want to make sure before I merge them down.

I don't think so. It's this Krillin:

Happy pointing R STR Krillin, which I don't think is available?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Ran z-hard a heap of times and Kid Vegeta never showed up. :mad:

edit: new summon event is Ginyu Force. Str SS Goku, & Teq Final Form Frieza as SSRs.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 25, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh boy, extending the SSJ Bardock summon and a Ginyu Force summon. :effort:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Aurora posted:

Oh boy, extending the SSJ Bardock summon and a Ginyu Force summon. :effort:

I need a goddamn Captain Ginyu, I'll take it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Another chance to get SSR TEQ frieza, I'll take it! SR Recoome and two SR Ginyu. Well I guess if nothing else I can make a pretty good ginyu team if I ever get a jeice.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ChronoReverse posted:

I have some bad news for you..

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I have some bad news for you..

Didn't see this one coming. Repeat events already? Oh well. At least now I guess I'll be able to finish getting Mecha Frieza to 10 when that rolls back around.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Didn't see this one coming. Repeat events already? Oh well. At least now I guess I'll be able to finish getting Mecha Frieza to 10 when that rolls back around.

I don't mind if they do new - old every other week thing. As long as there's new content next week, this gives people a second chance to catch up on some characters. I'm working on building my second team so I don't mind it so much. Happy with my primary and getting happier with my secondary, just wish I had more Physical Z-fighter options. I got a SR Phy Gohan, but it's the weaker one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah I don't mind it either, getting to take a break and catch up on stones I haven't gotten yet will be nice so I can throw them blindly at the ginyu machine hoping for frieza.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

While we're all stuck here with nothing new to discuss, anyone have a favorite farming spot for leveling up decently high level characters?

I'm a fan of Red Ribbon's Return 2 in Red Ribbon Machinations (the third mission despite the name). Solid risk to reward ratio, can usually do it on Z-Hard with my "up and coming" team of lvl 60ish characters plus a strong Friend without using any item, and the side-path of little "?" spaces is 99% reward. Super rare for me to hit a purple death beam. Each enemy encounter is at least 1800 XP, and the final boss is a single blue hover-car thing that gets you about 6kish XP and I end with around 20-30k zeni. Even at Rank 99, it's about 1/6th of my Stamina bar. I just run it idly all day at work because I can level up and refill my stamina before running out again.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 25, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Terror Returns->Return of the Elites has at least two Ginyu members and a bunch of grunts that have Hard-level stats on Z-Hard.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Finally got King Vegeta to drop.

Also this has appeared in the news. I assume its another returning event as I've seen that Gohan as leader of other players.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, that's a decent Gohan for new players because for an R, he hits like a truck and is easy to farm to super attack 10.

I'm a little disappointed to say the least but I do hope the Cyborg Tao and AGL Vegeta come back so I can grab them since I missed those events.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Terror Returns->Return of the Elites has at least two Ginyu members and a bunch of grunts that have Hard-level stats on Z-Hard.

Oh wow, figured they fixed that..

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Oh wow, figured they fixed that..

There are quite a number of levels that are fairly easy even on Z-Hard (relatively speaking of course). This one isn't an outlier in that sense but it does give a great deal of experience as well as a level where Old and Supreme Kai are known to drop (rarely).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Aww yeah, finished my SR Ginyu Force collection. A good banner.

Now I just need to go back to grinding medals to level them up. At least I'm at the point where I can handle most Z-Hard medal events.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rank XP seemed high but character XP was not. Still, good to know that's a good item farming fallback.

Just hit Rank 100- 80 max stamina, 50 max friends, 145 max team cost if anyone was curious.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You're better off doing a mission like Cell's Ambition to get a ton of N grunts to awaken and feed to your characters if you want character experience.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Really, I just need to replenish supplies.. I'm so low on Dendes and Cargos it's not even funny. I blew way too many trying to get King and Kid Vegetas on Z-Hard using my scrub team to get them XP. Plus I keep running out of the mid-range training emblems so running missions with opportunities lots of items, lots of money, and good XP on a daily basis is more interesting than running the color-specific maps during the week.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I assume you know about Wayward Champion for Senzu right?

For Dende, yesterday's awakening medal's Baba was giving them out at an over 50% clip but today's doesn't seem to be doing that.

Incidentally, if anyone know where I can farm Ox Kings, that would be great.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm not familiar with the Wayward Champion thing?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I'm not familiar with the Wayward Champion thing?

Play it on Z-Hard (the boss is Green) and it will drop senzu at a rate of about 33%. I was popping senzu like candy for a while when I was doing all the Z-Hard missions (although I'm strong enough now that most of them don't require items).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I literally had no idea when you pick a number to move, the other two numbers stay and only the one you pick is rolled again. I thought they were all rolled again every turn.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I literally had no idea when you pick a number to move, the other two numbers stay and only the one you pick is rolled again. I thought they were all rolled again every turn.

You and half of Reddit.. that was the first thing I picked up on, great for "saving" one to snag juicy capsules behind "Stop" opponents. This is going to change the way you play, adds some strategy.

In other news, I I have the best luck on the planet in this game.. I died in a level being cocky and decided to burn a stone on it because I'd gotten some juicy capsules, so I dropped some cash for a 6 pack of stones. I'm impatient so I did a YOLO roll and got SSR Str SSJ Goku. This makes my 6th SSR- 2x Teq SSJ Vegeta, 2x Agi SSJ2 Goku, 1x SSJ Bardock, and now this.

I'm so, so sorry.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, that's a decent Gohan for new players because for an R, he hits like a truck and is easy to farm to super attack 10.

I'm a little disappointed to say the least but I do hope the Cyborg Tao and AGL Vegeta come back so I can grab them since I missed those events.

I still have that Gohan in my team, even though he's been maxed out for ages because his attack is rediculous and I don't really have enough guys who are competetive to replace him. my best character until recently was my SR Yamcha so he is also good for triggering Z-Fighters.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, picking up dragonballs must've sucked for you. I've got them all first time since they tend to be within 6 spaces of a STOP, so you can just count how many beyond that it is and save a 4 or whatever through the whole map.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

In other news, I I have the best luck on the planet in this game.. I died in a level being cocky and decided to burn a stone on it because I'd gotten some juicy capsules, so I dropped some cash for a 6 pack of stones. I'm impatient so I did a YOLO roll and got SSR Str SSJ Goku. This makes my 6th SSR- 2x Teq SSJ Vegeta, 2x Agi SSJ2 Goku, 1x SSJ Bardock, and now this.

I'm so, so sorry.

I will find you and eat you to claim your luck! Seriously, congrats on that, I'll keep my jealousy to a minimum.

[edit]freudian slip?

I wish they cycled from the start instead of starting on Kid Gohan again even if Kid Gohan is great

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 25, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Man that new SR Ginyu's passive sounds really good. I just did a multipull and got two of him so he might replace the other SR Int Ginyu I've been using (who's got a decent leader skill but otherwise is kind of bland- and he's not my Leader anyway).

Throw him on a +3 Int Ki leader team and he probably nullifies just about every super thrown your way.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Man that new SR Ginyu's passive sounds really good. I just did a multipull and got two of him so he might replace the other SR Int Ginyu I've been using (who's got a decent leader skill but otherwise is kind of bland- and he's not my Leader anyway).

Throw him on a +3 Int Ki leader team and he probably nullifies just about every super thrown your way.

Which one are you talking about? I've got 2 different SR Int Ginyus sitting on the shelf, never paid them any attention.

Edit: Also, it's kinda pathetic that I had 3x of the single Old Kai needed to Awaken my new SSJ Goku but 1/20 Master Roshis (and 44/50 Gregories).

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 25, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Which one are you talking about? I've got 2 different SR Int Ginyus sitting on the shelf, never paid them any attention.

Edit: Also, it's kinda pathetic that I had 3x of the single Old Kai needed to Awaken my new SSJ Goku but 1/20 Master Roshis (and 44/50 Gregories).

Maybe he's not new then, but I've never gotten him before at least. The Brilliant Battle Prowess one that cancels enemy supers if he has 5 or more ki. That seems really useful for a lot of the more super-spammy bosses.

And yeah I need Roshis too, I keep forgetting to farm them during the proper weekday event and they just don't seem to drop anywhere else. Got plenty of every other medal now but like 4 Roshi when I need a lot more for a few characters.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Ginyu isnt new, its a repeat event.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally got that loving King Vegeta.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've gotten three SR Burters today. Two of them off of black-haired Goku. That banner is pretty swish.

Webbeh posted:

Finally got that loving King Vegeta.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hell yes