Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Do not listen to this man; you go out and you get all the dogges. All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I just feel so bad murdering dogs then destroying their homes so I can kidnap their babies.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Not only that, but you don't even hatch their eggs, really- their DNA gets scanned and then copied over to a cloned kubrow egg to be hosed with Jurassic Park-style, and that's why you need to keep feeding them stabilizers: It's a clone, not an actually-hatched Kubrow! :pseudo:
whatever happened to that :downsscience: emote? That'd fit so much better.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

An egg is 10 plat in the market, it's not worth the grinding for your first dog. Then just incubate eggs you get later for the other dogs. If you are looking for a specific breed goons can get you imprints most of the time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Breed not guaranteed even with two imprints.

Also in the future we'll be injecting hosed up cat dna into the eggs. :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah, imprints just weigh the RNG, you still have to roll the dice. :allears: DE is such assholes.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I did not know that, every time I've used imprints I've gotten the right breed.

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

Gonna inject so much freaky cat DNA into these dog eggs I've been hoarding.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Are kubrows actually worth the cash once you can afford it or are sentinels just as good?

And while I'm asking for advice I loving forgot to run a wish list item by here before making it again, are the kronen competent? :ohdear:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

AlphaKretin posted:

Are kubrows actually worth the cash once you can afford it or are sentinels just as good?

And while I'm asking for advice I loving forgot to run a wish list item by here before making it again, are the kronen competent? :ohdear:

Sentinels are objectively better. Kubrows are only great for the cute and cuddly effect, not in actual function. The stealth kubrow does do cloaking better than Shade but not that much.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The only real advantage Kubrows have is you can revive them.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Collateral Damage posted:

The only real advantage Kubrows have is you can revive them.

Also if you play Valkyr then with mods a dog has incredible amounts of survivability and can deal decent damage.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

SynthOrange posted:

Breed not guaranteed even with two imprints.

Also in the future we'll be injecting hosed up cat dna into the eggs. :v:

I've always heard that if you use two of the same imprints it will guarantee everything but sex and height(since those two are never carried by imprints), and it's been the same that I've seen with my many imprint breedings.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also you can pet your dog on the ship.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Why is dog sex even a thing when you breed them by cloning anyway

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

To give the illusion of kubrow breeding if you had two imprints of the same type but different genders, I guess?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sex slightly affects body type or head shape or something.

Edit: I'm so glad we are talking about dog breeding here.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Ya like dags?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It'd be pretty nice to have a sentinel and dog at the same time. I'd happily sink credits into keeping the dog alive then, instead of perma-stasising one like I've done for months now. Hell just let me take cat, dog, and sentinel! :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dog, eat this vacuum mod. It'll be fine!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Giving dogges an exilus slot that can hold a sentinel mod like vacuum would be awesome.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Been playing a bunch of PS4Frame, man I miss all my good poo poo, but on the bright side I managed to get both Hornet Strike and Serration pretty quickly from Spy Missions on Earth.

Now I just need to find some loving Elemental mods and Fusion cores and Warframe Power mods and mods for my Sentinel and Melee Stance mods and hope for a better Aura mod than Rifle Amp. :shepicide:

My PSN is Alphamusic, so can I get a invite to the PS4Goon Guild, I miss my Marelok too much, also Region chat is awful and I hate seeing it while I'm in my Liset.

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 25, 2015

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Do you have a higher chance of getting event mods from Spy missions the higher level they are within the tier?

So for instance Tier 2 (level 15-25) spy missions can reward Rime Rounds and Scattering Inferno. Would I have a higher chance of getting either by running Uranus Rosalind (level 23-25) than Saturn Aegaeon (level 15-17)?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I got a digdog and while i was initially kind of disappointed (I wanted a tankdog) I have found that she is adorable and gives me ammo for my guns that devour it.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Seeing a fetchdog running around with a giant blue energy ball in its mouth makes me want one.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Do you have a higher chance of getting event mods from Spy missions the higher level they are within the tier?

So for instance Tier 2 (level 15-25) spy missions can reward Rime Rounds and Scattering Inferno. Would I have a higher chance of getting either by running Uranus Rosalind (level 23-25) than Saturn Aegaeon (level 15-17)?

I doubt it, Spy missions randomly borrow tables from other missions, and the wiki claims it's all standard %'s as long as you're in the same Tier.

Where are my kurbrow eggs anyway, I looked all over my inventory and couldn't find them, do I have to do the dog quest to see them?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I think it's pretty easy to run out of plat by buying a ton of cosmetic packs and by never selling any of your mods in trade for plat while buying up as much as possible for prime parts. I buy stuff about optimally at around 1 prime pack per year and at below the max tier. $80 or so for a year of not having to farm that much is not a big deal for me. With the top-end prime access pack the 90 day booster is pretty helpful, but that's what I've spent at least several hundred plat on in the past to make grinding out mastery points easier.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That was exactly one time, because- as hard to believe as it might be- I'd actually run out of Plat. I made some spectacularly terrible choices, coupled with two of my closest friends joining the game and me showering them with a Saryn for her, a Chroma for him, and some cosmetic poo poo for them as well.
I gifted a fair bit of plat away basically for goons after I won 1000 plat off of a livestream. I didn't give out anywhere near as much stuff as I thought I expected during the past holiday season with the Tenno Santa giveaways.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
Oh so are we going secret Santa then?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

I always just run Eris Cyath, get the high nominal level with the easier Corpus spy rooms and infested enemies to ignore along the way. But I sort of suspect taht the only difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is the distribution of tower keys in the caches.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I dunno about this upcoming Christmas but I gave out about 400 plat worth of stuff to goons in the clan last Christmas prioritized by noobs first. I'd donate some of the 51 catalysts I bought when they were 50% off / buy one get one free a while ago but DE doesn't allow that (for presumably good reasons like not being able to buy a gift certificate and redeem it for cash). Never having to farm for stuff again in Warframe is what I'm after, but my fear is that there will truly be nothing left to do once that happens besides play pretty pretty Tenno Princess for hours at a time.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Thranguy posted:

I always just run Eris Cyath, get the high nominal level with the easier Corpus spy rooms and infested enemies to ignore along the way. But I sort of suspect taht the only difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is the distribution of tower keys in the caches.
There's also a difference in damage/status mod awards: Vicious Frost/Volcanic Edge from Tier 1, Rime Rounds/Scattering Inferno from Tier 2, and Frigid Blast/Frostbite/Scorch/Thermite Rounds from Tier 3.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Over here laughin at the proles who don't use dogs.

I'm also gonna be a rich rear end cat-haver too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't use my dog because I'm lazy and want Carrier to pick all of my poo poo for me. Also, whenever I have used my dog she just sort of stands in a corner or under a ledge, does nothing, howls a few times, bugs out, runs around aimlessly, and then teleports to me when I get far enough away. I have never seen the stupid thing actually attack an enemy despite having a buttload of bonuses to attack and crit and whatnot from mods. It's a very underwhelming experience.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You have the attack mods in high priority slots right?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Safety Factor posted:

I don't use my dog because I'm lazy and want Carrier to pick all of my poo poo for me. Also, whenever I have used my dog she just sort of stands in a corner or under a ledge, does nothing, howls a few times, bugs out, runs around aimlessly, and then teleports to me when I get far enough away. I have never seen the stupid thing actually attack an enemy despite having a buttload of bonuses to attack and crit and whatnot from mods. It's a very underwhelming experience.

That sounds like a problem for people who don't love their dogs enough. You see, you get out of your dog what you put into your dog. Put nothing in and expect nothing of it and it will give you nothing.

Expect the world, and you can expect

KAIJU DOG.

(that's the Infested Juggernaut. The original, full-size one.)

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Good dog.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BlondRobin posted:

KAIJU DOG.

Holy crap! How do you get dogs that big?! I love my DigDog, but he's a super lanky and skinny thing. I thought maybe his model had bugged out when I first got him

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Holy crap! How do you get dogs that big?! I love my DigDog, but he's a super lanky and skinny thing. I thought maybe his model had bugged out when I first got him

When dogs do that specific attack against a large enemy, the game upscales them for whatever strange reason.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

djw175 posted:

When dogs do that specific attack against a large enemy, the game upscales them for whatever strange reason.

The answer is :de:

The answer is always :de:

I would not have it any other way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

How long until we actually purchase a :de: emote for the forums?