Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Eej posted:

You can't make this up.

Ms. Marvel's alternate universe son rapidly aged into adulthood abducted, impregnated and inflicted amnesia on her and then she elopes with him when he has to leave our dimension because she loves him.
didn't she show up again soon after and yell at her teammates for letting the dude brainwash her, or am I thinking of something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nihilarian posted:

didn't she show up again soon after and yell at her teammates for letting the dude brainwash her, or am I thinking of something else?

Yeah, basically everyone realized how hosed up it was, so the next writer did that scene you describe, and then nobody ever brought it up again ever.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gaijin comics.....are bad

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Reminds me of when Spider-man got turned into an actual giant spider then died and gave birth to his human self, who now had organic webspinners(this was after the movie you see). There was also the comic that took place in the future and Peter had killed Mary Jane with his radioactive semen. It's okay though, he just retconned it all by making a deal with the devil to save Aunt May.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stop

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

Reminds me of when Spider-man got turned into an actual giant spider then died and gave birth to his human self, who now had organic webspinners(this was after the movie you see). There was also the comic that took place in the future and Peter had killed Mary Jane with his radioactive semen. It's okay though, he just retconned it all by making a deal with the devil to save Aunt May.

Same

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
... Yeah, I'm just going to leave this here...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

... Yeah, I'm just going to leave this here...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's all 100% literally true though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

That's all 100% literally true though.
yes but who the hell cares

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gaijin comic readers, presumably

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That will be enough talking about comics that are not My Hero Academia in the My Hero Academia thread.

Instead, consider talking about My Hero Academia.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Gran Torino's quirk is cool. He's all like WOOSH.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly maybe he should be Iida's teacher. Their powers are relatively similar in how they're used, with Gran Torino's extremely precise use something that a pseudo-speedster would probably benefit from.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffleman_ posted:

The closest thing we'll get to someone whose power is farts

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Astro Nut posted:

Honestly maybe he should be Iida's teacher. Their powers are relatively similar in how they're used, with Gran Torino's extremely precise use something that a pseudo-speedster would probably benefit from.

Or possibly navel laser guy whose name I forget.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Can't Stop Sparkling.

:colbert:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FH_Meta posted:

Can't Stop Sparkling.

:colbert:

Twinkling actually.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was in English? That's AMAZING.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, urara is the biggest bro this side of my love story's suna. Fem-bro. That page with the tears during the cavalry competition picking is a great gag

The landmine jumping was pretty metal too

One complaint I have about the series is the sparseness of backgrounds, lotta white backgrounds when not in big spanning shots.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

Wasn't that like, 35 years ago?

So what? I promise you, when loss is 35 years old people will still be elbowing each other and giggling.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

So what? I promise you, when loss is 35 years old people will still be elbowing each other and giggling.

That's why I support euthanasia

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

That's why I support euthanasia

I too support this manga's target audience.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Ooooh, clever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

:gerty:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_ posted:

:poolgirl:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Speaking of Asia, I hope to see heroes from Japan's neighbors and that they aren't too heavily stereotyped.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope there's a sexy china girl who has the buns and martial arts skills that every chinese girl in anime has

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Momo already fills that aggressively Chinese aesthetic.

Speaking of international heroes, I also hope some actual Americans show up and they think All Might is a little excessive. And they're all Mexican.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Level Slide posted:

Momo already fills that aggressively Chinese aesthetic.

Speaking of international heroes, I also hope some actual Americans show up and they think All Might is a little excessive. And they're all Mexican.

No, please, no Mexicans, Japanese authors have no loving idea about how to depict them (Chad aside). For more information just check the latest Aiki-S chapters.

Make then from Bolivia

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 26, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think japanese are perfectly capable of writing mexican characters okay, because japanese are people, and all of them are individuals.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I forgot actual Americans already shown up

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
If Aiki is your argument for why all manga shouldn't have Mexicans in them you should probably also argue that all manga shouldn't have women in them

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Endorph posted:

i think japanese are perfectly capable of writing mexican characters okay, because japanese are people, and all of them are individuals.

I don't know dude, look at this:

Actually I think I will make the second one my profile pic, it is hilarious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

papasyhotcakes posted:

I don't know dude, look at this:

Actually I think I will make the second one my profile pic, it is hilarious.
yes, an individual japanese person drew that, and he does not affect other japanese people's ability to depict mexican culture at all.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Endorph posted:

yes, an individual japanese person drew that, and he does not affect other japanese people's ability to depict mexican culture at all.

yes, I know, it is called a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

papasyhotcakes posted:

yes, I know, it is called a joke.