Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Condensed cream of X soups are a good base for lots of recipes.

Cream of Mushroom soup is a go to for.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Stroganoff?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

baquerd posted:

Stroganoff?

Or any number of casseroles

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

baquerd posted:

Stroganoff?

Good, now start a thread in the Something Offal sub forum with this sentence.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

obesity

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

VendaGoat posted:

Hot dish.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

VendaGoat posted:

Spaghetti Sauce.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

VendaGoat posted:

Cash Rules Everything Around Me (C.R.E.A.M.), get the money, can of creamed mushroom yall.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Eating uncooked out of the can, tears streaming down your cheeks as you sob uncontrollably. How has it come to this?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

VendaGoat posted:

Chilli with French onion mix.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Recipes using condensed soup aren't the best but sometimes you just get a craving for that kind of thing. :shrug:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In most cases, with an extra 10 minutes of effort you can cook something from scratch to replace the canned cream of whatever, and the result will be tastier and also have a shitload less salt.

edit: How did the osha thread get to this?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

condensed cheese soup thinned with a tiny bit of milk and some spice is a nice happy medium for making nachos between shredded cheese that won't melt right and vegetable-oil-based "cheese sauce" that no one should eat

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

Are you buying like army surplus soup or is this an american thing?

Durrrrr I havent heard of something. Is this an American thing? I hate this attitude.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

JB50 posted:

Durrrrr I havent heard of something. Is this an American thing? I hate this attitude.

I haven't heard of people hating on people not knowing about American things. Is this an American thing?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Efexeye posted:

condensed cheese soup thinned with a tiny bit of milk and some spice is a nice happy medium for making nachos between shredded cheese that won't melt right and vegetable-oil-based "cheese sauce" that no one should eat
Go big and just buy a container of sodium citrate and melt some cheese in a beer with a few grams of that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Vulpes posted:

I haven't heard of people hating on people not knowing about American things. Is this an American thing?

I don't get why people would get mad at other people assuming some product or practice they've never heard of might be a regional or national thing. Probably an american thing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wookums posted:

Go big and just buy a container of sodium citrate and melt some cheese in a beer with a few grams of that.

Yes, this. Sodium citrate is loving magical. You can make your own nacho cheese sauce from whatever cheeses you want, and it will be perfectly smooth. Mac and cheese, nacho cheese, alfredo style sauce, broccoli cheese soup...all will be perfectly smooth, with no graininess or oily consistency.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

came for the dangerous work pics, stayed for the molecular gastronomy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

edit: How did the osha thread get to this?

I have not encountered a single thread that did not have the ability to derail onto food topics. It's the one topic everyone loves.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'd sure prefer to see more stories of colossal, explosive failures at insurance fraud.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

5er posted:

I'd sure prefer to see more stories of colossal, explosive failures at nachos.

ftfy

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

If you squint it looks like a mushroom cloud

fake edit: no way girl

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I have not encountered a single thread that did not have the ability to derail onto food topics. It's the one topic everyone loves.

soylent thread does not meet this criteria

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

chitoryu12 posted:

Hmm...

Arc flash... plus oven... I think it would leave a nasty metallic taste though.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

chitoryu12 posted:

Come visit LAN's beautiful North Carolina thread and learn everything that the rest of you are doing wrong.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddelqt21l9c
This is OSHA, right?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
:allears: Ahh Adelaide. When you're not boring, you really deliver. I recall that once the police found the guy's body under a collapsed wall it was immediately sussed by the public that it was an insurance thing gone wrong, despite assurances in the press it wasn't. It was initially assumed to be a murder or a gas leak. And it was a barstool that ended up through the office next door.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Three-Phase posted:

Hmm...

Arc flash... plus oven... I think it would leave a nasty metallic taste though.
Arc flash seems dodgy to sustain to harvest for heat. How about applying the current directly? https://youtu.be/aUAkezGstlQ

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Is this like one of those infomercials of overly dumb and clumsy people?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

This is why I extend my arm and hold my head away when I light the grill.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

A friend of mine recently moved, and was doing the usual "try to get my security deposit back" thorough cleaning of the old place. Upon moving the fridge to get at the dust bunnies behind it, she made a discovery:

The fridge itself was still very happily humming along, although she said it took a bit of pulling to get the plug out, since it had been halfway melted to the outlet.

No idea when the fireworks happened. It could easily have been before she even moved in.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Holy poo poo :stare:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

JB50 posted:

I'd agree with you if this forum wasn't based in US with most of us being Americans. It sounds snooty, but odds are if you're from another country then it's a completely legitimate question.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

itskage posted:

I'd agree with you if this forum wasn't based in US with most of us being Americans. It sounds snooty, but odds are if you're from another country then it's a completely legitimate question.

Seriously, I've had to ask for clarification numerous times about things which are of the "only in the USA" variety.

It's amazing how often it results in people acting like massive dicks, too.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sounds like an american thing.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Shinjobi posted:

Is this like one of those infomercials of overly dumb and clumsy people?

"Has this ever happened to you?"

"There's got to be a better way!"

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

A friend of mine recently moved, and was doing the usual "try to get my security deposit back" thorough cleaning of the old place. Upon moving the fridge to get at the dust bunnies behind it, she made a discovery:

The fridge itself was still very happily humming along, although she said it took a bit of pulling to get the plug out, since it had been halfway melted to the outlet.

No idea when the fireworks happened. It could easily have been before she even moved in.

That last, healthy outlet looks really surprised by the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

One time when I was starting the grill:
*click click*
"Why isn't this lighting? Oh, I should open the hood, first."
*click WHOOSH!*

• Locked thread