Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mini figures?? :swoon: I need these!

But its a blind box? Dammit. I tried two boxes from two different series already and both had what I wanted the least. So if I get one i'll end up with Spoilt Child Umaru or Kirie.

But I could get an Ebina, a Sylphy, or a good Umaru. Five out of seven is good odds right?

Right? :ohdear:

(Secret figure doesn't count, I'm never that lucky.)

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

It doesn't have quite the same cutesy innocent charm to mini-umaru when you've slapped giant tits on the superdeformed version, mate

it does to me

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Mini figures?? :swoon: I need these!

But its a blind box? Dammit. I tried two boxes from two different series already and both had what I wanted the least. So if I get one i'll end up with Spoilt Child Umaru or Kirie.

But I could get an Ebina, a Sylphy, or a good Umaru. Five out of seven is good odds right?

Right? :ohdear:

(Secret figure doesn't count, I'm never that lucky.)

Somebody should get a case and part it out on these forums

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

paragon1 posted:

Kirino really poisoned that well all to hell huh

Kirino wasn't even that bad until she decided she needed to bone her brother/her brother realized he wanted to bone her for real.

Umaru isn't a great follow-up though.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I'm very tempted to get a box of boxes. I'm also wondering if I could convince a local store to get it because they unboxed and sold the last blind box set they had(One Piece). However they seem to be staying away of animes and are more focused on candy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Kirino wasn't even that bad until she decided she needed to bone her brother/her brother realized he wanted to bone her for real.

:yikes:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I have bad enough judgment to consider this.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I just want sylphy and kirie. If I got one of the others, I'd probably give it up for cheap

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Whoever gets the crate is probably gonna get stuck with a bunch of upset Umarus

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

aka the best figure

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I'm okay with this.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Will there be an episode where Umaru has to wrangle the triple-date, and appear repeatedly as Miss Doma, UMR, and Komaru? Anime tradition requires this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Best tier: Ebina, Sylphy, Cola Umaru
Okay tier: Sleepy Umaru*, Upset Umaru*, Kirie
No tier: Spoiled Umaru

(okay tier because of the blog's examples)

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the Kirie figure ought to be more menacing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

lesbian baphomet posted:

yeah, they should've done manic Kirie, not shy Kirie

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

All of the figurines look good, even the umaru ones

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope they ship to the UK and are not unreasonably priced

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Namtab posted:

I hope they ship to the UK and are not unreasonably priced

ha ha ha, lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

as a Kirie fan, i agree

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah there were much better expressions they could have chose for Kirie.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Nendroidpuchi crates have at least one of each since it's not like there's a rarity to each one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what is the secret hint supposed to be hinting at

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

it's me

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zettace posted:

Nendroidpuchi crates have at least one of each since it's not like there's a rarity to each one.

Now I have to buy a crate. :negative:

pandaK posted:

what is the secret hint supposed to be hinting at

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Despite Umaru being a brat for the first part of that episode, I'm liking this show a little more each week. It would be nice if Umaru would be more honest around her friends though

Taihei always seems kind of depressed, especially in this episode, so I hope he can somehow get out of his tedious job or meet someone nice outside of his sister's friends or something

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Knorth posted:

Despite Umaru being a brat for the first part of that episode, I'm liking this show a little more each week. It would be nice if Umaru would be more honest around her friends though

Taihei always seems kind of depressed, especially in this episode, so I hope he can somehow get out of his tedious job or meet someone nice outside of his sister's friends or something

How is he supposed to be an audience stand-in if he's not depressed?

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
at least he has friends at work

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

How is he supposed to be an audience stand-in if he's not depressed?

Now I'm depressed :(

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Knorth posted:

Now I'm depressed :(

Utsutsu shimasu

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

boom boom boom posted:

How would we go about getting a case? And would we all get together and pitch in $5 for the case?

Id be down for getting a case.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Boss seemed like a creeper at first, but after the credits scene made her more sympathetic.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

CrazySalamander posted:

Boss seemed like a creeper at first, but after the credits scene made her more sympathetic.

She looks like Umaru for some reason. That gets me a little but other than that I like how she's classy. That's gotta suck how she's his boss, must be a lot of conflicting emotions and concerns there.

I like how the brother's side of things slowly gets more complex as Umaru's.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Aw, Kanau is sweet! ...and would have hit a little close to home like two years ago

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like how the brother's side of things slowly gets more complex as Umaru's.

Yeah, I hope they do give him something more to do outside of looking after Umaru, even if the show doesn't spend a lot of time with him it'd make it feel less insular. Also, holy crap Umaru's dumb loving giggle that she does when she dives under the kotatsu makes me :kimchi:

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

nielsm posted:

Will there be an episode where Umaru has to wrangle the triple-date, and appear repeatedly as Miss Doma, UMR, and Komaru? Anime tradition requires this.

they did the episode where they split the room in half so I wouldn't put it past them to put in more western sitcom cliches

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
you know what Umaru-chan kind of reminds me of? A more intelligent but not as endearing Potemayo.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Half mayonaisse, half potato, all delicious. (I don't know what potemayo is)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

Half mayonaisse, half potato, all delicious. (I don't know what potemayo is)

tiny cute girl-creatures come out of a guy's fridge and everybody loves them

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't thought about Potemayo in a longass time, but dang that was a good show

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
This was a great episode, just watched it while eating breakfast. I always liked Kanou in the manga so I'm glad that they did that mini-chapter justice and even added an original endearing bit where she goes back to her apartment and gets that picture message. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Who is feeling lucky?

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/gsctrfwd00001.html

I've never purchased from an overseas site directly before. A friend of mine actually bought something from here recently but its so recent he hasn't seen the red tape yet. All I know is to use a credit card that doesn't charge for international transactions. I might have that with a card I used in Germany but that was a while ago and need to double check.

e: 6800 yen(product and shipping) converts to around 56bux for 8 boxes. These boxes can easily go for 96 to 130bux for 8 boxes at conventions.

Also the site says even though there are 8 boxes and 8 different figures, you may not get 8 different figures. :negative:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 27, 2015

• Locked thread