Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

It's a freaking anime! Based off of a manga series where the MC's sister is a perfect highschool girl in her social life with high grades and lots of friends, but as soon as she gets home, she turns into a super-deformed fujo NEET who acts like an annoying little kid! The first episode aired today.

Characters'

Umaru Doma (土間 埋 Doma Umaru?)
Voiced by: Aimi Tanaka[2]
The title character, Umaru is a high school girl who on the surface appears to be perfect with beautiful looks, top grades, and excellence in everything she does. However, at home, she reverts to a secret lifestyle[3][4] where she wears an animal hoodie, acts lazy, eats junk food,[5] and is obsessed with playing video games, reading manga and watching anime.[1] While she is in this "indoor" mode, she is drawn in a Super deformed manner.[6] later calling herself Komaru (Umaru's little sister) when Kirie Motoba catches her in that persona.[7] She lives with her older brother Taihei. She wears a cap when she goes to the video arcade where she is a well-known gamer who goes by the initials UMR.[8] She later dons a mask to hide her identity from Sylphinford.[9][10]

Taihei Doma (土間 タイヘイ Doma Taihei?)
Voiced by: Kenji Nojima[11]
Taihei is Umaru's older brother who works at a company in systems support.[12][13] He lives in an apartment. His younger sister Umaru moved in with him about a year before the start of the series.[6] He is described as having a kind and methodical personality. He scolds Umaru when she acts lazy.[1][6]

Go watch it, and just go, just check it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I read the manga, will probably watch later.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Living the dream.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope her brother is not subsidizing this disgusting lifestyle

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

I hope her brother is not subsidizing this disgusting lifestyle

He has a job so he's probably footing the bill for some of it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That seems rude

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

He has a job so he's probably footing the bill for some of it.

He supports her entirely, including cooking and cleaning. It is not a good manga and I doubt the anime is any better.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The sister seems extremely annoying and unsympathetic. I hope blue hair beats her one day.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

He supports her entirely, including cooking and cleaning. It is not a good manga and I doubt the anime is any better.

You're not a good manga!!!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

She totally just wrote over that with red marker, right?

"What is Fred bought yesterday?" indeed...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Julias posted:

The English teacher is just bad at English. That's all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I recall that I quite disliked the manga. I think I'll avoid the anime, 'cause yeah, sister girl was annoying as poo poo.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

cute

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What was that manga called...

Kare Kano? This seems like that but as a bad comedy.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

The sister seems extremely annoying and unsympathetic. I hope blue hair beats her one day.

i hope she gets owned real hard

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Julias posted:

teacher just told them to transcribe some Jeopardy questions

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
i wish that umaru would be honest with her friends

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The manga is hecka good.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Julias posted:

Real Japanese English textbooks have mistakes like this, so it's unsurprising seeing it on a 100% paper from a student.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

fow

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Namtab posted:

Blue hair is the best, and she will feature prominently in the future.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

chibi characters look bad beside normal sized ones

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

umaru is bad

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Umaru is watching this thread and waiting to post.

Or is namtab

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
They need to play up the Jekyll and Hyde stuff more by making chibi Umaru a serial killer. It wouldn't make her any less likable.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hadaka Apron posted:

They need to play up the Jekyll and Hyde stuff more by making chibi Umaru a serial killer. It wouldn't make her any less likable.

The brother needs to have some characters connected to him since I feel so bad for him having to deal with Umaru's poo poo while she also gets a supporting cast that doesn't have to put up with her poo poo (or at least learns about it and starts exposing it to everyone else)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Xelkelvos posted:

The English teacher is just bad at English. That's all.

As Alice Cartalet would say, "Sensei, your English sounds a little awkward!"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Jintor
May 19, 2014

ya'll terrible this manga owns

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Namtab posted:

this is how I felt watching it

It actually reminded me think a lot of E/N threads here :v:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sold. Three episode test.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i bet theres going to be an episode where her friends are so worried about her because of reason of the week so they visit her home unannounced and she panics and has to figure out a way to maintain her image at home

her friend will be like umaru where are all your dank poetics but umaru will not have poetics, only jumpu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Xelkelvos posted:

The brother needs to have some characters connected to him since I feel so bad for him having to deal with Umaru's poo poo while she also gets a supporting cast that doesn't have to put up with her poo poo (or at least learns about it and starts exposing it to everyone else)

the brother's co-workers get recurring roles in the manga so he has more to do than "be exasperated by little sister"

Davincie posted:

umaru is bad

your post was bad

• Locked thread