Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

FishBulb posted:

That is what Metal Gear needs. Time travel.

Umm 'Time Paradox'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey quick question does the PS4 version of Hotline Miami 1 have cross-save with the PS3/Vita versions? I got platinum on the Vita one a couple years back and thought it might be fun to have the PS4 version to dick around with but I'm not really feeling up to unlocking everything again right now.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

How do I get my PS4 to recognize that I grabbed the license for Ground Zeroes when it was on PS+, so it doesn't keep telling me the wrong disc is inserted?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Policenaut posted:

Hey quick question does the PS4 version of Hotline Miami 1 have cross-save with the PS3/Vita versions? I got platinum on the Vita one a couple years back and thought it might be fun to have the PS4 version to dick around with but I'm not really feeling up to unlocking everything again right now.

It does indeed. I'd beat it on Vita, and once I synced it up when the PS4 version came out, I still had all my saves. Can't remember how it worked with trophies, though, if they're the same list or not.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Ometeotl posted:

How do I get my PS4 to recognize that I grabbed the license for Ground Zeroes when it was on PS+, so it doesn't keep telling me the wrong disc is inserted?

I think unfortunately the digital download vs the disc is a different executable. So you can't "run" the disc version if you later buy it digitally.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Snak posted:

Hilariously, the real super weapon of the MGS franchise is Snakes. Metal Gears are like, a big deal or whatever, but Snakes are what determine the balance of power. If you don't have one on your team, you're totally hosed.

Metal Gears become less and less relevant as the series progresses chronologically, to the point where an upgraded Metal Gear Ray is used as a tutorial jobber boss in Revengeance.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think unfortunately the digital download vs the disc is a different executable. So you can't "run" the disc version if you later buy it digitally.

the other way around does work though, if you have it digitally and then lose access to that account for whatever reason and then buy it on disc you don't have to reinstall the game or patches or anything.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

delete the disc version and download the digital version the save files will carry over but the ps4 thinks their game files and license keys are different.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TaurusOxford posted:

Metal Gears become less and less relevant as the series progresses chronologically, to the point where an upgraded Metal Gear Ray is used as a tutorial jobber boss in Revengeance.

The penultimate boss is a 100 foot tall mechanical spider though.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

haveblue posted:

Nah man, the penultimate boss is a senator.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

That's weaker than the guy who was piloting it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That launch trailer was unbelievably bad

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Like in Wild Wild West?

edit:

echronorian posted:

If by "unbelievably bad" you mean "loving awesome"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Snak posted:

Like in Wild Wild West?

Not the beginning nor the end of the similarities between the two.

Ganon
May 24, 2003

Mikemo Tyson posted:

What bundles have the new CUH-1200 revision in it? I'm looking to buy a ps4 and the newegg deal with the batman bundle with Madden 16 for free looks pretty enticing but a friend told me to wait and get the 1200 revision. I've heard the batman bundle contains the old console. I could just get the destiny special edition bundle.

I think the new revision is only in Last of Us so far. Gamestop has a TLOU+Madden bundle on their website but it doesn't specifically say it's the new one. I guess you have to see the box first to make sure, cuh-1215 doesn't have a handle and the picture of the console is all matte.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

echronorian posted:

To contrast, this post's badness is perfectly believable

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

acksplode posted:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

acksplode posted:

Great, game's not even out yet and we've reached the point where no one can say anything bad about any aspect of it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

spudsbuckley posted:

Great, game's not even out yet and we've reached the point where no one can say anything bad about any aspect of it.

Thats the games forum in general. Everything is good.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

He was saying a bad thing about the trailer, which is out, and is demonstrably good

edit: but yes, say something bad about MGSV and I will come to your home and punch your father.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

lol

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
MGSV is the having sex of video games. If you don't like it you're straight up a virgin

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That trailer sucks dicks, and is bad. A launch trailer that's five minutes and doesn't tell anything to newcomers. It just looks like kojima jerking off.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

echronorian posted:

That trailer sucks dicks, and is bad. A launch trailer that's five minutes and doesn't tell anything to newcomers. It just looks like kojima jerking off.

its Kojima saying good bye to the series you hosed up nut case, maybe if you felt an emotion in your life you'd understand

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

echronorian posted:

As someone who has never played an MGS game but watched some playthroughs and plans to buy this one, that's what I want.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

echronorian posted:

Haha

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

echronorian posted:

Oh no not the newcomers

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's the worst trailer I've ever seen for a product launch. That trailer belonged at gamescom or e3.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

echronorian posted:

It's the worst trailer I've ever seen for a product launch. That trailer belonged at gamescom or e3.

Blow it out of your rear end.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
And that music. Yuck

acksplode
May 17, 2004

echronorian posted:

The trailer that's so bad it should've been an E3 trailer

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's an homage to the series, I don't know why you'd make that your release trailer

Release trailers typically have, you know, a draw for the people that aren't already into it. I dunno how anyone doesn't see that that trailer is terrible and totally undersells everything that's in mgs V but OK

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

echronorian posted:

It's an homage to the series, I don't know why you'd make that your release trailer

Release trailers typically have, you know, a draw for the people that aren't already into it. I dunno how anyone doesn't see that that trailer is terrible and totally undersells everything that's in mgs V but OK

Blow it out your rear end.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lot of weird hyperbole in the threads now.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Between the off topic lovely posting, the lack of grammar and mechanics and overly aggressive hive mind posting it's like a little slice of Reddit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Not the hive mind.:ohdear:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MEtal Gear

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
It was phallic.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Between the off topic lovely posting, the lack of grammar and mechanics and overly aggressive hive mind posting it's like a little slice of Reddit.

lmao

Metal gear is gonna be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
I heard the trailer is spoiler-heavy. I'm trying to go into MGSV with as little info as possible, is it safe to watch or does it reveal a whole lot?

• Locked thread