Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

So I just randomly got key in my email for the free-to-play closed beta. After reading these last few pages I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't bother installing it at all. :(

Installing what, FF14 and GW2? :v:

Go ahead and give it a shot. Most of the bad poo poo is at the high end and the best way to experience poo poo is to just try it.

plus make a healer or something so i can actually get dungeon pops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

What I remember of CoH group play was someone tanky running in to eat the alpha and then everyone would spam CC and the mobs would never get the chance to attack again. It was pretty great to be a shield brute and just run in and yell at everyone to hit you harder because they'd only get one shot at it.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

So I just randomly got key in my email for the free-to-play closed beta. After reading these last few pages I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't bother installing it at all. :(

I printed mine off and then burned it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

John Dyne posted:

And I can't think of a time it wasn't easier just to have a tank AND the other support poo poo. I don't remember what they were called but there were little mini-raids like where you fought evil Positron, and those were much easier with a tank or a scrapper who was tanky as gently caress to handle the boss.

Way less than 1% of the content ever actually needed any healing at all if you had good CC or a really well set up tank (or brute, or scrapper). There was so much hilariously awesome poo poo like AOE confusion and Ice Slick and Hurricane and whatever :shrug: Did a whole lot of task forces with no tank or no "hit heal button" characters (fairly often with neither, just well-done CC).

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

What I remember of CoH group play was someone tanky running in to eat the alpha and then everyone would spam CC and the mobs would never get the chance to attack again. It was pretty great to be a shield brute and just run in and yell at everyone to hit you harder because they'd only get one shot at it.

Think about it, what did you really need a tank for there?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 25, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think the point is that, while CoH had roles, it didn't have rigidly defined party compositions. You could have no tank and just make use of defenders and controllers to keep damage under control and have extra dps to burn them down before it got too out of hand. It made for more interesting group stuff because you had to play a bit differently based on who you were with.

The problem with GW2 is that you'll need certain buffs and combo fields and all that, which means content has to be super easy for pugging since you can't guarantee that to be present.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Think of all the HDD rewrites you'd save by not wasting your time in Wildstar: Misery Simulator. You could go stuck a homeless dude's dick and make at least one person happy instead. YHWY knows it'd be more productive.

e: gently caress typing on phones

d3lness fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 25, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Loose Ifer posted:

I printed mine off and then burned it

I can't resist free poo poo, so I immediately re-installed Wildstar. Hopefully the game runs better, because the only thing I can't tolerate are abysmal framerates.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Even though I bought this game on launch and never even played past level 10 I would probably reinstall for an F2P beta, because I also can't resist free poo poo.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

please acquire higher standards

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Double Monocle posted:

Make boss mechanics interesting and hard enough that surviving them is the reward, dont require people to hit a magic number of damage by minute X or die.

This is like 99% of the problem i have with mmo raiding.

Wouldn't work. Because then you can just bring way more healers then you need and cheese loving up the mechanics unless they are one shot mechanics which isn't fun either because we are not robots.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Think about it, what did you really need a tank for there?

Since I posted "to eat the alpha" I'm going to go with "to eat the alpha". You needed one in my group of friends to take the initial damage that was going to happen before CC could go up.

If you really wanna have this discussion again:

It could be that the trinity exists because some players actually like it and keep buying games that have it because it adds stability to encounters so that boss fights are more like giant puzzles rather than bigger and tougher mobs with such exciting gimmicks as:

Hit the glowing red spot
Break off the guns/arms/eyes/whatever
Hit the boss until it disappears and then hit the adds until they come back
When the boss is invulnerable you should get out of the way of his death laser/missiles/sword stab/etc

(oh no he diin't make fun of our nontrinity games, gurl)

Also a shitload of nontrinity games that weren't CoH already exist, come back with modern and better examples. I'll give you a hint, most of them are asian and one of them is a massively popular game on steam that's free to play.

It's warframe.

Also how the gently caress do we not have a sassy finger snappin emote, I really could have used one. Or do we have one and I didn't see it?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
There's a lot of decent free to play games. Don't settle on Wildstar.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Since I posted "to eat the alpha" I'm going to go with "to eat the alpha". You needed one in my group of friends to take the initial damage that was going to happen before CC could go up.

There were a lot of ways around that and especially towards the end, most late-game characters had very strong defenses anyway so surviving alphas was a lot less of a big deal.

It does look like it has fun gameplay but I can't get interested in Guyver The Videogame :shrug:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

If you really wanna have this discussion again:

It could be that the trinity exists because some players actually like it and keep buying games that have it because it adds stability to encounters so that boss fights are more like giant puzzles rather than bigger and tougher mobs with such exciting gimmicks as:

Hit the glowing red spot
Break off the guns/arms/eyes/whatever
Hit the boss until it disappears and then hit the adds until they come back
When the boss is invulnerable you should get out of the way of his death laser/missiles/sword stab/etc

(oh no he diin't make fun of our nontrinity games, gurl)

Also a shitload of nontrinity games that weren't CoH already exist, come back with modern and better examples. I'll give you a hint, most of them are asian and one of them is a massively popular game on steam that's free to play.

It's warframe.

Also how the gently caress do we not have a sassy finger snappin emote, I really could have used one. Or do we have one and I didn't see it?

Your example sounds boring as poo poo. Let me just take this initial hit then the boss becomes a giant sponge of hp doing nothing.:jerkbag:

And your emote :nyd:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ignoring the grind I enjoyed the game until like lvl 35 when the grind just got to much and I said gently caress it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's warframe.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_(Warframe)

Nontrinity my rear end!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Ignoring the grind I enjoyed the game until like lvl 35 when the grind just got to much and I said gently caress it.

The nice thing about warframe is you don't have to grind to be able to play with people who play the poo poo out of it, so if the grind becomes too much or you're done for now you can just drop out and then drop in a month later or whenever you feel like it, it's pretty nice.

Holyshoot posted:

Your example sounds boring as poo poo. Let me just take this initial hit then the boss becomes a giant sponge of hp doing nothing.:jerkbag:

And your emote :nyd:

I need to make a sticky note with all the good emotes

And it was funny to watch, but CoH didn't really have engaging gameplay. It was fun for pretty princess and because you could walk into a bunch of mobs that were literally named "mook" and mook them all without any effort. The most fun I had in the game was making a Dwarf that was sent via wormhole to the CoH universe from wow/warhammer/discworld/d&d/whatever would be the most offensive and I'd sit in pocket D behind the bar emoting that I was looking for beer and calling people elves.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

please acquire higher standards

It'd be morbid curiosity on my part. I can't resist gawking.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Holyshoot posted:

Wouldn't work. Because then you can just bring way more healers then you need and cheese loving up the mechanics unless they are one shot mechanics which isn't fun either because we are not robots.

I still don't see a problem with this. So if you bring 15 healers to a raid and brute force mechanics the boss will take an hour to kill. That seems like punishment enough?

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Double Monocle posted:

I still don't see a problem with this. So if you bring 15 healers to a raid and brute force mechanics the boss will take an hour to kill. That seems like punishment enough?

Did you forget what game you were playing? This is a game where people on this very forum has supported removal of all gear from LFR because otherwise they are "forced" to do it.

Blizzard literally has to hold people's hands to keep them from doing things they hate doing because it gives a tiny bit of gear. If taking 15 healers in and making the fight takes an hour means the warrior in the group gets +10 DPS then by god they'll do it. And I'm not even being sarcastic either.

EDIT: Wow I thought this was a WoW thread. gently caress me. I should pay more attention. I am an idiot.

AbrahamLincolnLog fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 26, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

EDIT: Wow I thought this was a WoW thread. gently caress me. I should pay more attention. I am an idiot.

No it's cool we talk about every other MMO but Wildstar in the Wildstar thread.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Double Monocle posted:

Look at this guy not understanding mmo players at all

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Double Monocle posted:

It's already been done and was stupid. See everquest before whatever expansion added in enrage timers(unless they didn't?).

And an hour to kill but you kill it guaranteed every time or less time to kill but you could wipe over and over which one do you think people are going to choose? I don't understand why goons stick there head in the sand about the human race by and large will almost all the time take the path of least resistance in a video game. This means your cool boss with two completey different ways to kill it will have one way get pushed to the side and never done and a waste of time.

Edit: not to mention I'm sure it's easier to design a boss when going in you know your player will have x amount of time to kill it instead of "well they could just heal it to death".

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No reset conditions is hat caused people to stay 18 hours trying to kill PW in ffxi. Its archaic design and it was done waway with for a reason, much like all of wildstar

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

John Dyne posted:

Installing what, FF14 and GW2? :v:

Go ahead and give it a shot. Most of the bad poo poo is at the high end and the best way to experience poo poo is to just try it.

plus make a healer or something so i can actually get dungeon pops

The poo poo is liberally spread throughout the game. No way is it mostly at the high end.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Not even healers get dungeon queues to pop in WildStar. Someone from one of the previous incarnations of this thread who played a healer posted a screenshot of their 2 hour queue timer, and that was before the population dropped off as much as it has today.

Flagellating yourself for a few hours would be a more productive use of your time, John Dyne.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Thirsty Dog posted:

The poo poo is liberally spread throughout the game. No way is it mostly at the high end.

At lower and mid-levels so far it mostly just feels like any other MMO. It's kinda fun, even, just mashing buttons and killin' poo poo. It's definitely got the usual MMO skinner box of 'KILL THINGS, GET STRONGER' that tingles in the brain of everyone that plays these drat things. It feels almost like Space Cowboy Neverwinter, and I think if they toned down the level up jokes and other menial annoying poo poo it'd be a much better game.

I mean, most of the worst poo poo I've heard about this game has been higher level poo poo like the raids and attunement and the dungeon challenges, and it seems like they've mostly done away with interrupt armor on low level poo poo in the shiphands and low level dungeons, except on a few big bosses, and the quality of life changes like permanent sprint are nice.

I dunno, if I had friends start playing this when it went f2p, I'd be tempted to actually go through the game. I know there's not much to look forward to in end game, but gently caress it, maybe Carbine can keep their heads above water enough to actually put out a third raid. :v:

Anoia posted:

Flagellating yourself for a few hours would be a more productive use of your time, John Dyne.

I raided in EverQuest and Vanilla WoW. I think playing a free game that is moderately enjoyable just for the new sheen to it counts as self-flagellation with a pool noodle compared to those.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
^ Fair point, carry on.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

look man i used to hammer nails into my dick. simply stapling my foreskin to my scrotum is small potatoes and lots of fun

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suitaru posted:

look man i used to hammer nails into my dick. simply stapling my foreskin to my scrotum is small potatoes and lots of fun

The staples are free too! :downs:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Suitaru posted:

Gildiss posted:

The staples are free too! :downs:

It's more like paying for the Mayweather/Pacquiao PPV and then two months later stopping to watch a couple of hobos wrestle over a stale pizza in an alley.

Waste of time and money, then just a waste of time.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

John Dyne posted:

At lower and mid-levels so far it mostly just feels like any other MMO. It's kinda fun, even, just mashing buttons and killin' poo poo. It's definitely got the usual MMO skinner box of 'KILL THINGS, GET STRONGER' that tingles in the brain of everyone that plays these drat things. It feels almost like Space Cowboy Neverwinter, and I think if they toned down the level up jokes and other menial annoying poo poo it'd be a much better game.

I mean, most of the worst poo poo I've heard about this game has been higher level poo poo like the raids and attunement and the dungeon challenges, and it seems like they've mostly done away with interrupt armor on low level poo poo in the shiphands and low level dungeons, except on a few big bosses, and the quality of life changes like permanent sprint are nice.

I dunno, if I had friends start playing this when it went f2p, I'd be tempted to actually go through the game. I know there's not much to look forward to in end game, but gently caress it, maybe Carbine can keep their heads above water enough to actually put out a third raid. :v:

I raided in EverQuest and Vanilla WoW. I think playing a free game that is moderately enjoyable just for the new sheen to it counts as self-flagellation with a pool noodle compared to those.

Levelling in Wildstar is an absolute loving chore and the core design of the game is broken as gently caress. The UI is dreadful, the skills are varying degrees of poo poo, the questing is tedious, the zones are mostly uninspired crap, the "bonus areas" are hugely annoying, the gear is boring, there's barely a player base and you can't even effectively play pretty princess dress-up because of how poo poo they've made it and how expensive it gets.

The housing is OK and the shiphands were fine.

Basically it may be like "every other MMO" but it's like every other really lovely MMO. So, yeah, great. Wildstar: It's like a really lovely MMO up until endgame and then it gets REALLY bad.

Fantastic. Sign me up. Again.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

If you own diablo 3, season 4 is starting in a few days. I'd highly recommend doing that instead of playing this.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Suitaru posted:

A good post.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Thirsty Dog posted:

Levelling in Wildstar is an absolute loving chore and the core design of the game is broken as gently caress. The UI is dreadful, the skills are varying degrees of poo poo, the questing is tedious, the zones are mostly uninspired crap, the "bonus areas" are hugely annoying, the gear is boring, there's barely a player base and you can't even effectively play pretty princess dress-up because of how poo poo they've

Honestly, the leveling and questing doesn't feel any different from any other theme park MMO. v:shobon:v You go out, you kill X dudes, you get Y items, you give them to the guy who sent you out and get XP and a pair of pants. WoW does it, FF14 does it, SWTOR does it, Wildstar does it, EverQuest did it. That's just how every MMO on the market handles its quests, basically. The one thing it has that a few other MMOs also have, and I wish every MMO would loving adopt, is the fact you get your quest items 100% of the time. Every bear has an rear end for the bear rear end quest.

Everything else you mentioned, the UI, the zones, the skills, the poo poo you just don't like? That'll make it feel more like a chore, and I feel you on that. Unless the UI is like completely loving counter-intuitive and I can't use my abilities or access my inventory without some contrived method, I don't pay much attention to the UI; only the Secret World has really turned me off with its UI and its skills. And the zones are interesting to me if only because I've never gone through them. I've been hesitant to actually level a dude in F2P since I played in live since it looks like nothing has been changed and I don't like redoing poo poo I've recently done, particularly if I'm doing it alone.

I'm not saying the game is amazing, or even that it's good or that it will appeal to everyone. I'm saying it's better than it's given credit for. I went in expecting it to be utter poo poo, and it's turned out to not be as bad as goons made it out to be.

It's also not as goons made it out to be a year and a half ago, or even hoped it would be, which I think explains a lot for it. It's just.. mediocre. If something about it doesn't grab you, or there isn't something that will hold you in (like multiple friends playing,) it's not gonna be a thing you'll play for more than 20 minutes. For me, it's just the novelty of seeing the game and seeing what matches up with my expectations and what exceeds it. I mean, poo poo, no one had mentioned the stupid loving newbie dungeon they added, and then I got to actually play the loving thing. It wasn't a well done dungeon, by any means, since it was JUST a tutorial of 'here is how you handle dungeon bosses,' but the worst part of it was having to use mechanics they are now trying to change.

Wildstar's never gonna be as big as even Neverwinter, but gently caress it, it's not like I've lost anything major after the new shine wears off.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Honestly, the leveling and questing doesn't feel any different from any other theme park MMO. v:shobon:v You go out, you kill X dudes, you get Y items, you give them to the guy who sent you out and get XP and a pair of pants. WoW does it, FF14 does it, SWTOR does it, Wildstar does it, EverQuest did it. That's just how every MMO on the market handles its quests, basically. The one thing it has that a few other MMOs also have, and I wish every MMO would loving adopt, is the fact you get your quest items 100% of the time. Every bear has an rear end for the bear rear end quest.

Everything else you mentioned, the UI, the zones, the skills, the poo poo you just don't like? That'll make it feel more like a chore, and I feel you on that. Unless the UI is like completely loving counter-intuitive and I can't use my abilities or access my inventory without some contrived method, I don't pay much attention to the UI; only the Secret World has really turned me off with its UI and its skills. And the zones are interesting to me if only because I've never gone through them. I've been hesitant to actually level a dude in F2P since I played in live since it looks like nothing has been changed and I don't like redoing poo poo I've recently done, particularly if I'm doing it alone.

I'm not saying the game is amazing, or even that it's good or that it will appeal to everyone. I'm saying it's better than it's given credit for. I went in expecting it to be utter poo poo, and it's turned out to not be as bad as goons made it out to be.

It's also not as goons made it out to be a year and a half ago, or even hoped it would be, which I think explains a lot for it. It's just.. mediocre. If something about it doesn't grab you, or there isn't something that will hold you in (like multiple friends playing,) it's not gonna be a thing you'll play for more than 20 minutes. For me, it's just the novelty of seeing the game and seeing what matches up with my expectations and what exceeds it. I mean, poo poo, no one had mentioned the stupid loving newbie dungeon they added, and then I got to actually play the loving thing. It wasn't a well done dungeon, by any means, since it was JUST a tutorial of 'here is how you handle dungeon bosses,' but the worst part of it was having to use mechanics they are now trying to change.

Wildstar's never gonna be as big as even Neverwinter, but gently caress it, it's not like I've lost anything major after the new shine wears off.

Hi, I'm forums poster John Dyne and my time is worth less than nothing. Please feel free to capture and enslave me in any of your work camps ranging from factory assembly lines, manually powering mills, or even rock quarrys. Just be sure to give me a clearly displayed progress bar so I can track how much fun I am having.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Gildiss posted:

Hi, I'm forums poster John Dyne and my time is worth less than nothing. Please feel free to capture and enslave me in any of your work camps ranging from factory assembly lines, manually powering mills, or even rock quarrys. Just be sure to give me a clearly displayed progress bar so I can track how much fun I am having.

I am easily entertained and amused by shiny objects. Jingle your keys and I will clap and laugh in delight.

Just don't make me play DOTA2.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Pretending all MMOs do things like quests with the same level of technical aptitude and thought is asinine. Blizzard were making better quests with better zones and more cohesive storylines along with better attempts to hide the naked Skinner box mechanics and increase player enjoyment four expansions ago.

And modern WoW leveling is nothing like Wildstars horrendous quest grind. Pacing is a real thing.

Even terrible games have people who are willing to play them and consider them better than, say, suicide. But that doesn't make them better than terrible.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I'll be frank, from the viewpoint of a guy just clicking the buttons and moving the character around, I don't see the technical difference in killing 12 guys in a Wildstar quest to doing the same thing in WoW. Or collecting 8 sith amulets in SWTOR over collecting 8 dominion amulets in WildStar. Or how going here and interacting with this object in FF14 to set off something else is different from doing the same in Wildstar.

And yeah, Lich King, WoW was pretty good. But you were STILL, primarily, going out and killing X number of guys and collecting Y number of things, or killing the singular Z who is elite and maybe you should bring friends. You had some cool and unique quests, like the one where you drove the vehicle with two giant loving saws attached to it through a field full of undead. But they weren't the norm, and Wildstar has quests like that but, admittedly, I haven't seen them as often as I would have in WoW.

I'd say the storyline thing is a matter of taste but yeah, getting to 15, I haven't paid much attention to Wildstar's story except when it throws a cutscene at me. It's low fantasy poo poo most of the time. 'You're the daring sheriff what's gonna take on the entire gang on your own!' Not stimulating or interesting, just an a backdrop to explain why you're beating up a bunch of guys in cowboy hats.

Though I will say that modern WoW leveling also has the benefit of the XP needed to level early on being squashed to where you can hit TBC doing nothing but running the vanilla dungeons, and never having to set foot in a questing zone beyond level 15; if it's an alt and you've got heirlooms, it's even less of a thing and you can skip multiple dungeons. Once you get up to Cata, Mists, and then WoD, though, you start feeling the grind again. You get to where, without having the heirloom gear set to work until 100, you're getting 2 or 3 levels per zone, out of the 5 or 6 zones the game offers you. And the zones are the exact same for both sides.

If you played the game and hate it, then by all means. I'm not trying to convince anyone to actually download and play the game. I'm just saying the game isn't like stapling your dick to the back of a truck and then getting dragged along behind the truck. It's more like I said; watching a hyped up fight that turned out to be 10 rounds of nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

John Dyne posted:

I'll be frank, from the viewpoint of a guy just clicking the buttons and moving the character around, I don't see the technical difference in killing 12 guys in a Wildstar quest to doing the same thing in WoW. Or collecting 8 sith amulets in SWTOR over collecting 8 dominion amulets in WildStar. Or how going here and interacting with this object in FF14 to set off something else is different from doing the same in Wildstar.

And yeah, Lich King, WoW was pretty good. But you were STILL, primarily, going out and killing X number of guys and collecting Y number of things, or killing the singular Z who is elite and maybe you should bring friends. You had some cool and unique quests, like the one where you drove the vehicle with two giant loving saws attached to it through a field full of undead. But they weren't the norm, and Wildstar has quests like that but, admittedly, I haven't seen them as often as I would have in WoW.

I'd say the storyline thing is a matter of taste but yeah, getting to 15, I haven't paid much attention to Wildstar's story except when it throws a cutscene at me. It's low fantasy poo poo most of the time. 'You're the daring sheriff what's gonna take on the entire gang on your own!' Not stimulating or interesting, just an a backdrop to explain why you're beating up a bunch of guys in cowboy hats.

Though I will say that modern WoW leveling also has the benefit of the XP needed to level early on being squashed to where you can hit TBC doing nothing but running the vanilla dungeons, and never having to set foot in a questing zone beyond level 15; if it's an alt and you've got heirlooms, it's even less of a thing and you can skip multiple dungeons. Once you get up to Cata, Mists, and then WoD, though, you start feeling the grind again. You get to where, without having the heirloom gear set to work until 100, you're getting 2 or 3 levels per zone, out of the 5 or 6 zones the game offers you. And the zones are the exact same for both sides.

If you played the game and hate it, then by all means. I'm not trying to convince anyone to actually download and play the game. I'm just saying the game isn't like stapling your dick to the back of a truck and then getting dragged along behind the truck. It's more like I said; watching a hyped up fight that turned out to be 10 rounds of nothing special.

The problem was Wildstar quests had you collecting 30 or 50 of an item instead of 8 or 12.

• Locked thread