Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

echronorian posted:

It just looks like kojima jerking off.

MGS summed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

kajeto posted:

I heard the trailer is spoiler-heavy. I'm trying to go into MGSV with as little info as possible, is it safe to watch or does it reveal a whole lot?

There's a really cool reveal that raises more questions than it answers, so I wouldn't call it spoiler-heavy. But if you're patient, it'd probably be cooler to see it for the first time in-game.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It sure looks like it spoils the poo poo out of something, yeah

But it could be kojima loving with his fans as the theory it plays off is well known

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Why does snake have a horn?

Why does the metal gear robot have a boner?

That's my takeaway after watching the trailer. To be fair, I wasn't checking out the crotches of the other robots, just saw that last one and it brought to mind :

I haven't played the other ones, so I'm sure there's a logical reason behind, I dunno, part of it.

I did crack up at the nestea plunge person exploding though.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Kojima doesn't have to jerk off because I'd gladly give him a hand

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

echronorian posted:

It just looks like kojima jerking off.

WELCOME TO METAL GEAR

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

echronorian posted:

It's an homage to the series, I don't know why you'd make that your release trailer

Release trailers typically have, you know, a draw for the people that aren't already into it. I dunno how anyone doesn't see that that trailer is terrible and totally undersells everything that's in mgs V but OK

there's been like three years of trailers and gameplay demos for that

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The Ultimate Thrill!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Why does snake have a horn?

explosion in gz took is arm and filled him with chunks of metal/dead girl

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

kajeto posted:

I heard the trailer is spoiler-heavy. I'm trying to go into MGSV with as little info as possible, is it safe to watch or does it reveal a whole lot?

Giving a poo poo about spoilers is for retards. It's a trailer made by the architect of the game, you really think watching it will diminish your enjoyment?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
If you didn't cry during that trailer you're literally a stupid worthless heartless virgin

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

a cop posted:

Giving a poo poo about spoilers is for retards. It's a trailer made by the architect of the game, you really think watching it will diminish your enjoyment?

unironically agree

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Did that loving Metal Gear turn into a Gundam? That's amazing and stupid and I love it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's Barts gear from Xenogears.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ulitmate power!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Did that loving Metal Gear turn into a Gundam? That's amazing and stupid and I love it.

it's an orbital frame, you can tell because of the continued Kojima tradition of Giant Robot Dongs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The new Metal Gear is anime as gently caress.

E: The robot, not the game. But also the game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If he doesn't say "metal gear?!" louder and clearer than ever before, I will be disappointed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Seriously that ridiculous robot has a whip that is also a sword that is also on fire. Even if there aren't as many cutscenes in this game/as much talking, at least it is still incredibly stupid. That's just how I like my Metal Gear Solid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The robot has a gun where it's dick should be

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FishBulb posted:

Have you considered that maybe that's where a gun SHOULD be?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Rex had a laser there and you shot Ray with it in MGS4

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It turns out Quiet is piloting the Metal Gear. Penis envy...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Have you considered that maybe that's where a gun SHOULD be?

Always a gun or a cockpit. There's no other acceptable crotch equipment.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Manatee Cannon posted:

Rex had a laser there and you shot Ray with it in MGS4

I don't remember anything from the previous games that poo poo was years ago. Except the song from 3.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wouldn't put it past Kojima to take this opportunity to tie the MGS and ZOE worlds together.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wouldn't put it past Kojima to take this opportunity to tie the MGS and ZOE worlds together.

If he ties ZOE, MGS, and Snatcher into the same continuity, well, there's really no better farewell we could have expected.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

If he ties ZOE, MGS, and Snatcher into the same continuity, well, there's really no better farewell we could have expected.
You forgot Policenauts.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Samurai Sanders posted:

You forgot Policenauts. Penguin Adventure

FTFY. Knowing Kojima thats more likely.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

If he doesn't say "metal gear?!" louder and clearer than ever before, I will be disappointed.

They paid a professional actor 6 figures to say, "Metal Gear?!" In surround sound

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Kojima doesn't have to jerk off because I'd gladly give him a hand

I've touched Kojima's hand.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

That loving Sned posted:

I've touched Kojima's hand.
...but not his dick, right?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Shoulda touched that dick

Tight dick, player

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

...but not his dick, right?

Sadly, no.

Still, I got a signed copy of Peace Walker out of it.

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte

a cop posted:

Dude, I just heard it was spoiler-heavy and I asked a question. No need to go insulting and bringing people with disabilities to your level.

Thanks to everyone else that replied.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Weaponized crotches have been around for a long time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

echronorian posted:

It sure looks like it spoils the poo poo out of something, yeah

But it could be kojima loving with his fans as the theory it plays off is well known

What is the theory? I haven't been keeping up with fan theories but I'm curious.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

What is the theory? I haven't been keeping up with fan theories but I'm curious.

(MGS V speculation) That you're not playing as the real Boss, but a body double or clone with altered memories while the real BB does his own thing or recovers from his injuries

The trailer also does spoil what the new metal gear looks like, if anyone cares.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Snak posted:

yeah.

But more I think it's just that all Snakes are really the same tortured soldier who can't stop finding things to fight for and is thus dooming himself and the world to our perpetual cycle of exploitative warfare. Perfect soldiers might win wars, but they don't make them go away.

Hilariously, the real super weapon of the MGS franchise is Snakes. Metal Gears are like, a big deal or whatever, but Snakes are what determine the balance of power. If you don't have one on your team, you're totally hosed.

That's pretty much what they went over with Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake and MGS1 with Gray Fox and Snake. That they're just made for war and that's what they live for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
If all the stupid fags from the bad xbox thread could keep their bad opinions to their selves, or in their own terrible thread, life would be better for all. thanks.

• Locked thread