Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

most major crimes went down but reported rapes skyrocketed after weed legalization

curious if that is actually related or more like IE vs Murder Rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
not sure but its probably easier to rape someone whos whacked up on goofballs

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I'll trade weed legalization for alcohol prohibition.

:getin:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cop gay. So What posted:

I'll trade weed legalization for alcohol prohibition.

:getin:

no don't

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Do you toke up with the cool kids after class or what?

No I'm a nerd and thinks it smells gross, I abuse prescription pain killers like all the other responsible adults.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Whip Slagcheek posted:

How do non-cop goons feel about videotaping. On weed. Makes u think.

idk I feel like video taping is out of date in 2015 and that weed is for kids so

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grem posted:

No I'm a nerd and thinks it smells gross, I abuse prescription pain killers like all the other responsible adults.

this x100. People think I'm weird cause I enjoy having dental appointments,like, what, it is my spa day. Followed by two weeks of glowing Christmastime.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Took my pre-employment polygraph today, everything when great except at the end when after the machine was taken off the guy starts asking me if I was SURE I hadn't smoked weed in the last 18 months. I answered no, and I'd said on my application I hadn't smoked since college (true, and longer than 18 months ago). He started asking me more questions, like if I had been around people who smoked, which as I live in Denver was a big yup. Then he asked me if I might have gotten a contact high, I again replied no. This was the only thing he asked for clarification about which makes me pretty nervous, despite not lying. Is this a common thing or is this a sign that I may have flunked the poly?

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

DeesGrandpa posted:

Took my pre-employment polygraph today, everything when great except at the end when after the machine was taken off the guy starts asking me if I was SURE I hadn't smoked weed in the last 18 months. I answered no, and I'd said on my application I hadn't smoked since college (true, and longer than 18 months ago). He started asking me more questions, like if I had been around people who smoked, which as I live in Denver was a big yup. Then he asked me if I might have gotten a contact high, I again replied no. This was the only thing he asked for clarification about which makes me pretty nervous, despite not lying. Is this a common thing or is this a sign that I may have flunked the poly?

Probably not. If you didn't suddenly "remember" something you didn't talk about sooner you're likely ok.

That said, because at least occasional pot use is so common some examiners get it into their head that anyone claiming not to have used it (especially if the question is "have you ever?") must be lying.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

maybe you should put the loving bong down cheech

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I don't know why they don't use a Ouija board instead of a polygraph, the effect is the same.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Teflon Don posted:

I don't know why they don't use a Ouija board instead of a polygraph, the effect is the same.

Because it scares enough people into telling the truth.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

DeesGrandpa posted:

The polygraph is a sham. Its meant to make you nervous as hell that there's a magic box that can tell when you're lying and make you spontaneously spout out all of your sins.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I failed a polygraph on the basis of not being "truthful regarding prior drug use". During that test I was grilled hard on if I had smoked weed because the operator couldn't believe I'd never tried it.

I have never used any drug. gently caress the polygraph.

I'm sure you did fine. If you have a guilty conscience like me and the machine made you so nervous you threw up red flags on truthful questions then you might have a problem. The good news is the more you take the easier they get in the sense of not getting yourself so worked up over them.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 26, 2015

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I'm just not into weed :(

Scares the hell out of me. It's a great department, I have, well, really no good job prospects, I've been through maybe 15 hours now of interviews, tests, and misc bullshit and more than anything I'd be pissed off if this thing failed me. Bring back bunk and the copy machine.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

I'm just not into weed :(

Scares the hell out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8jywTuyaw

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

You should just smoke weed so the cops don't have to harass you over never having done it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
smok weed bro?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't you wanna be cool?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Cmon its legal now

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Fun fact: Catholics and Jews have a disproportionately high. " inconclusive" rate. Something about latent guilt complexes.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Can't you gently caress with the polygraph just by winking your shithole?

That's not a shitpost, I'm sure I read that somewhere

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Teflon Don posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5aIvjNgao&t=109s

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

ActusRhesus posted:

Fun fact: Catholics and Jews have a disproportionately high. " inconclusive" rate. Something about latent guilt complexes.

Truth. I had a examiner give me poo poo about some inconclusive results one time and when he found out I was raised in a very catholic family he was like "oh, that explains it".

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

DeesGrandpa posted:

It's almost as if Polygraphs are a bunch of bollocks

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Hezzy posted:

It's almost as if Polygraphs are a bunch of bollocks

Lol you think polygraphs are bad you should check out CVSA

Edit: I learned everything I need to know about poly's from The Commish

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The polygraph is a sham. Its meant to make you nervous as hell that there's a magic box that can tell when you're lying and make you spontaneously spout out all of your sins.

:agreed:

Cop gay. So What posted:

I failed a polygraph on the basis of not being "truthful regarding prior drug use". During that test I was grilled hard on if I had smoked weed because the operator couldn't believe I'd never tried it.

I have never used any drug. gently caress the polygraph.

This is exactly what happened to me with the CVSA at the PD I worked for prior to BP. The guy had his mind made up that everyone used weed, and I could tell from his tone that he already had his mind made up so sure enough, I popped on that question. He tried to get me to admit to it afterwards and I didn't. Eventually I convinced him that no, I hadn't.

Kiryen fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 28, 2015

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So is being one of the cops assigned to stand outside the foul line at a MLB game and prevent people from running onto the field a cushy assignment or a lovely one?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

suboptimal posted:

So is being one of the cops assigned to stand outside the foul line at a MLB game and prevent people from running onto the field a cushy assignment or a lovely one?

Cushy assignment for old dudes and God's the Chief's chosen few.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Cushy assignment for old dudes and God's the Chief's chosen few.

I used to get assigned the media gate for basketball games (only floor post) and the field rover for football games. poo poo ruled.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

DrakeriderCa posted:

Lol you think polygraphs are bad you should check out CVSA

Edit: I learned everything I need to know about poly's from The Commish

I'm guessing this isn't the Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association? Google doesn't come up with anything so please do enlighten us Englishfolk who don't use fancy gadgets to tell us when Jimmy's telling a porkie

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Computer Voice Stress Analysis

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dead Reckoning posted:

Computer Voice Stress Analysis

For the uninitiated, here's a critique from Language Log.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Passed. Going to background investigation :toot:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

DeesGrandpa posted:

Passed. Going to background investigation :toot:

Is this for an enforcement position or corrections or what?

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Enforcement

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Good going

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Go clean my car rook

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Go clean my car rook

go gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
We can't call them rookies. It says in our general orders that it might hurt the new guys feelings.

• Locked thread