Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

My assumption on him sleeping under the mattress has been that it's because his earliest existing memory is of sleeping while buried in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man that was good

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

I started rereading and I'm up to early JJL again and I'm noticing something that I didn't notice last time --

what the heck is up with this dialog? Is it just project bite me or is it just gappy or what

edit,
vvv god i hope so, wonder why it's the only translation this website's got for early chapters

Telltolin fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 26, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm pretty sure that group's stuff is a joke translation

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
He might just sincerely be an idiot. And for the record, PBM's Japanese seems to be just as lovely as their English, given that their staff will stubbornly defend their frequent translation errors when you point them out. I'd suggest tracking down Hobo-1's translations of the early chapters if you can. If I remember correctly, they aren't absolute garbage.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If you removed some of the pictures, you could totally convince people that Rock Humans were someone's actual conspiracy theory a la reptilians.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Gappy is so loving OP, please do not nerf.

I was hoping that we'd get a little more info out out Karera, but the fact that she's caught on to what happened between Kira and Josefumi is pretty interesting. I get the feeling she's the only one who actually knows the whole story.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I was hoping that we'd get a little more info out out Karera, but the fact that she's caught on to what happened between Kira and Josefumi is pretty interesting. I get the feeling she's the only one who actually knows the whole story.

I think Karera is a rock human too, and her and her buddy Josefumi met Kira and all started hanging out together. "Unemployed, homeless drifter with a stand" is apparently what a lot of rock humans are, and she fits that to a T.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wonder if this all started because Kira tried to steal a hand off of what he thought was a statue.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The more ill-defined the stand power, the stronger it is.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Welp

Karera = Yukako confirmed

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The intro to Rock Humans was fascinating and a bit disturbing. Beings like these have been done before, but Araki's art and attention to detail give his Rockmen an eerie and slightly gross touch.

Speaking of Rockmen...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

:stare:

That thing with the dog was Dio as hell and I somehow forgot all about it.
Probably because Anjuro only appeared in a few chapters before Josuke stoned him for his crimes.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Supersonic Shine posted:

The intro to Rock Humans was fascinating and a bit disturbing. Beings like these have been done before, but Araki's art and attention to detail give his Rockmen an eerie and slightly gross touch.

I think you mean moist, damp, and erotic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Welp

Karera = Yukako confirmed

We already knew that cause she's the best girl in part 8. Just like Yukako in 4.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The quality of girls in Part 8 is staggering.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the boys are really good too except for the rapey one

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
even he's good and fun to hate

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

except for the rapey one

Which rapey one?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Iserlohn posted:

Which rapey one?

joshuu, the kid owns

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
True that. I think Joshuu needs to be more involved in the next arc or get into another fight to push him into likable territory for me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This probably is the actual end of Part 3 characters for EoH

Glad they (might have) ended Part 3 reveals with the best and most handsome character and Ice.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 28, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Iserlohn posted:

True that. I think Joshuu needs to be more involved in the next arc or get into another fight to push him into likable territory for me.

Joshuu got a stand 40 chapters ago and he still hasn't used it for much of anything since

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

No way. Joshuu needs to stay a hateable little prick forever.

He's just that good at it.

Also, if anyone needs to come back and kick some more rear end, it's maid Jotaro Nijimura. Wanna see ice motorcycles pop out of the most ridiculous things that can be opened.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Normie Slayer posted:

The quality of girls in Part 8 is staggering.

This

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Torquemadras posted:

Also, if anyone needs to come back and kick some more rear end, it's maid Jotaro Nijimura. Wanna see ice motorcycles pop out of the most ridiculous things that can be opened.

Agreed on both parts. Joshuu is too unlikable at this point for me to come around on him and motorcycles driving out of windows and taxis is amazing.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
New chapters of vento aureo are up:
http://bato.to/read/_/340949/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo_v52_ch490_by_jojos-colored-adventure

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Reading through Vento Aureo, it is funny that Giorno is the son of Dio but actually has the powers of Kars. Sex may be useless but his 'I'll just get out of jail free with my incredibly broadly defined nature powers' spirit lives on ...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Torquemadras posted:

Jesus, I started reading JoJolion a few months ago and I already forgot about an ice motorcycle Stand called Born This Way...

I want more of Yashou and her Stand that's just an all powerful search engine

JoJolion is extremely good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 28, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I really hope all that work converts some people on part 5. It's a night and day difference for those grateful dead chapters, I think. Chapter 4 in particular is just a delight.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I had almost forgotten how goddamn good the Train Battle is, but it's all coming back now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Cerebral Bore posted:

I had almost forgotten how goddamn good the Train Battle is
The Grateful Dead and White Album are the two best fights in Part 5.

When people talk about Part 5 someday being adapted, these are the first two things I think of and get excited about.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Those as well as King Crimson vs. Metallica would own hard animated, yes.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
This improved translation just further proves why Sex Pistols is a God-tier stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Naerasa posted:

This improved translation just further proves why Sex Pistols is a God-tier stand.
My snap judgment of Sex Pistols was that it was just an improved version of Hol Horse's stand and that comparison is just not fair at all.

Sex Pistols loving rules.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
So apparently Jolyne's big fight with Sky High (during which she of course casually set herself on fire to get an advantage) was just setup for a PSA about the importance of wearing a motorcycle helmet.

JoJo is pretty great, it turns out

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Sex Pistols is one of my favorite protagonist Stands in the whole series. It's just so cool and fun on every level.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
There aren't too many other stands that have their own distinct personalities like Sex Pistols does (do?). Off the top of my head I can think of Echoes Act 3, Foo Fighters, Yo-Yo Ma (green dude from stone ocean - had to look up that name), and Hey Ya! (Poco-Loco's buddy, also had to look up that name). There are probably a couple of others I'm missing but there are definitely far more stands that are blank slates upstairs.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Poco-Loco probably has the strongest stand to date

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Naerasa posted:

There aren't too many other stands that have their own distinct personalities like Sex Pistols does (do?). Off the top of my head I can think of Echoes Act 3, Foo Fighters, Yo-Yo Ma (green dude from stone ocean - had to look up that name), and Hey Ya! (Poco-Loco's buddy, also had to look up that name). There are probably a couple of others I'm missing but there are definitely far more stands that are blank slates upstairs.

I always like to think Thoth has its own will, and that's why its predictions are always dickishly constructed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Naerasa posted:

Paisley Park seems to just kind of do her own poo poo but I'm nt sure if that counts.