Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

djw175 posted:

When dogs do that specific attack against a large enemy, the game upscales them for whatever strange reason.

Rather than have a different animation for how they attack different sized enemies, gently caress it. Make them bigger so it's appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Thranguy posted:

I always just run Eris Cyath, get the high nominal level with the easier Corpus spy rooms and infested enemies to ignore along the way. But I sort of suspect taht the only difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is the distribution of tower keys in the caches.
I find the Grineer spy missions much easier because the only traps are the door force fields and sensor regulators, and as long as you carry a weapon that can reliably one-shot the sensor regulators you can brute force the vaults very quickly.

Like I said earlier I've run the Saturn spy mission probably 50 times now. I've gotten Rime Rounds a few times, but most of the time the rewards are crappy common/uncommon mods and T1 or T2 keys. On the upside since it's Saturn I get orokin cells with some regularity.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

I find the Grineer spy missions much easier because the only traps are the door force fields and sensor regulators, and as long as you carry a weapon that can reliably one-shot the sensor regulators you can brute force the vaults very quickly.

Like I said earlier I've run the Saturn spy mission probably 50 times now. I've gotten Rime Rounds a few times, but most of the time the rewards are crappy common/uncommon mods and T1 or T2 keys. On the upside since it's Saturn I get orokin cells with some regularity.

I've gotten T4 keys a few times, and they've added some of the new movement mods to the mix. I just wish the event mods were spread evenly a bit more, 2-2-4 is a bit wonky.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BeAuMaN posted:

How long until we actually purchase a :de: emote for the forums?

It's almost better this way because it's a reminder of how :de: they are.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Could be meta as gently caress and get an emote fpr :de: that just shows :de:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I get paid today and am most of the way to having all I need to replace my PC with one that can game worth a drat; if someone makes a good enough emote I will poo poo out 30 bucks to make :de: official.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 26, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
So I was at Akkad as usual, then after Wave 5 host drops out during selection. Then DE sends me to another game that was just about finishing Wave 10 :stare:

e: Got reward up to Wave 15 instead of 20 though :argh:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 26, 2015

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Aesis posted:

So I was at Akkad as usual, then after Wave 5 host drops out during selection. Then DE sends me to another game that was just about finishing Wave 10 :stare:

e: Got reward up to Wave 15 instead of 20 though :argh:

I once got host migrated at the end of a 40 round T4D. 2 seconds on the clock and woop, Host Migration! Puts me back in the match alone and I get nothing.

:de:

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 21, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Well that's terrifying. :stare:

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

So someone mentioned having some level of aim assist in space Archwing and I made a thread about it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/514480-archwing-absolutely-needs-autotargeting/

Unfortunately it is colonized with the same sort of git gud people who hate change as the rest of the place. :(

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
No amount of auto-aim can make Archwing fun.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Denzine posted:

No amount of auto-aim can make Archwing fun.

We can start with 'make it slightly less unfun' and then maybe when we get rid of the stuff that's unfun, like Blip Shooter 2014: I Came For Zone of the Enders And Got LO:MAC, we can start working on fun.

Tbh I think Archwing could be pretty fun if they upped the enemy density and lowered their damage output, balanced Hellion Dargyns, and added some QoL changes like slight aim assist and a better map system. I mean it'd need more content, but it'd at least have a solid core.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

:frogsiren: Orokin Catalyst Blueprint Alert for the next 90 minutes :frogsiren:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

MJ12 posted:

So someone mentioned having some level of aim assist in space Archwing and I made a thread about it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/514480-archwing-absolutely-needs-autotargeting/

Unfortunately it is colonized with the same sort of git gud people who hate change as the rest of the place. :(

viamont posted:

i dunno you...but i can hit stuff 1 kilometer away on archwing missions with little trouble...sure i use the imperator vandal wich is hit scan...regardless i have little trouble aiming at tinny stuff...just get good at aiming...i dont want halo easy to aim stuff...it always pissed me of that game had magnetic aim to targets to make thins super easy...and this is the first time i have ever said it...learn to aim..get good at it.

What sequence of events/life choices leads to so many pubbies typing like this all the time? I don't get it.

edit:

Bobtm posted:

Don't go changing the Velocitus to hitscan. If you want a hitscan rifle suggest the addition of a new weapon, don't ruin an existing one.
:psyboom:

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 26, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Passburger posted:

to resemble : DE :'s :effort:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's a good one. Shrinking the Psylotus down to smilie size or a talking Lotus head going "Tenno tenno tenno" also come to mind. I'd make them, but I can't do pixel art for poo poo.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Malachite_Dragon posted:

or a talking Lotus head going "CHILDREN"

That new quest is all kinds of stupid :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I still haven't done it, actually. I really should get on the ball, but :effort:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I really liked that they made Space Mom canon because I really like Space Mom :shobon:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's a good one. Shrinking the Psylotus down to smilie size or a talking Lotus head going "Tenno tenno tenno" also come to mind. I'd make them, but I can't do pixel art for poo poo.

YellerBill posted:

or a talking Lotus head going "CHILDREN"

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I hate Space Mom :(

I really liked it back when we had those creepy messages at the top of public chat about honor and obedience from the old Tenno code, and Lotus was this mysterious neither-good-nor-bad figure who dared not order you to do anything because you're an insane amnesiac killing machine that must be handled with a delicate touch; she only offered opportunities and faux-optional help toward goals of mutual interest. That was a cool atmosphere-building thing that made a strong part of the game's flavor back when I first played.

Now we've got an unambiguous good-guy with no sense of character who nominates themselves as your new boss and you just accept it because ???, and also she speaks in an incredibly stilted robot voice that constantly sounds like someone's first halting VA audition. Not trying to rag on Rebecca too hard here, but I wonder what the hell happened, her oldest Lotus lines weren't perfect but they were a hell of a lot more naturally and skillfully delivered than any of the new stuff.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I was thinking more like :words: but this is actually better!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Cathair posted:

Not trying to rag on Rebecca too hard here, but I wonder what the hell happened, her oldest Lotus lines weren't perfect but they were a hell of a lot more naturally and skillfully delivered than any of the new stuff.

It's the Grineer.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Probably because previously she was just filling in some lines and now she has to act like an actual character. She's not a professional voice actor so you can imagine if someone told you you have to act an actual fictional character. In other words, before she was talking as Rebecca, now she's supposed to talk like Lotus.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cathair posted:

and also she speaks in an incredibly stilted robot voice that constantly sounds like someone's first halting VA audition. Not trying to rag on Rebecca too hard here, but I wonder what the hell happened, her oldest Lotus lines weren't perfect but they were a hell of a lot more naturally and skillfully delivered than any of the new stuff.

Weird that a community manager (or whatever her official title is) isn't a good Voice Actor.

Weird

It's the grineer

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

:desteve:

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
All of this and no GET CLEM suggestions?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

you're a treasure Cryophage.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Haquer posted:

Weird that a community manager (or whatever her official title is) isn't a good Voice Actor.

Weird

It's the grineer

No poo poo, I wasn't trying to be excessively critical so much as heading that off by stating the obvious popular opinion. A couple of years ago people used to laugh about how it was obviously an intern or somebody doing the VA work, but I thought she was actually pretty good, all things considered. It's just that the new lines are really bad, especially by comparison.

I think that this:

wid posted:

Probably because previously she was just filling in some lines and now she has to act like an actual character. She's not a professional voice actor so you can imagine if someone told you you have to act an actual fictional character. In other words, before she was talking as Rebecca, now she's supposed to talk like Lotus.
-is pretty likely but what gets me is how whoever's doing the sound/voice direction here doesn't seem to notice the difference. They were much better off just letting her read the lines naturally and not trying too hard.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 26, 2015

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

That is amazing and would be even more awesome if the mallet was a Jat Kittag

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Reminder that new Tyl Regor was the first professional VA they used. I doubt they have a proper voice acting director. Probably just Steve going "yep, that sounds good enough!".

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

you're a treasure Cryophage.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

That is amazing and would be even more awesome if the mallet was a Jat Kittag

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cathair posted:

Now we've got an unambiguous good-guy with no sense of character who nominates themselves as your new boss and you just accept it because ???, and also she speaks in an incredibly stilted robot voice that constantly sounds like someone's first halting VA audition. Not trying to rag on Rebecca too hard here, but I wonder what the hell happened, her oldest Lotus lines weren't perfect but they were a hell of a lot more naturally and skillfully delivered than any of the new stuff.

She's hardly unambiguous considering that she is a Sentient who was supposed to kill the Tenno. Our leader is a race traitor who talks about Tenno tradition and Orokin matters despite not being a Tenno herself and being unable to access the Void.
And since Sentients are robot people, her style of speech makes sense. I just attributed it to her age, which apparently spans millennia. It's the same reason Fro Behk has a hard time speaking, he's so drat old he needs cybernetics to maintain himself.

I don't mind Space Mom. I hope they don't take this story in an exceptionally stupid direction, cause what they got thus far is not bad. I really wish evil Sentient Dad didn't use a dark and ashy Lotus head, but I'll wait until he shows up again to pass judgement.

Really though, if you want to hear about stupid MMO stories, let me tell you about Scarlet Briar...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

These are all so good. I may try my hand at one, just for fun.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
You are not my space mom!

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
All of lotus' newer lines I actually find to be pretty good, rather than some of the older boss intros, like the kela De Thaym intro (FOR HER PLEASURE)

But like 70% of it is quality writing rather than quality voice acting. I could excuse the non-pro VA if the words weren't so brutally hamfisted.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
I was actually wondered why Lotus, a sentient, has the same theme as Orokin stuff like lotus motifs everywhere. Then I remembered that the Orokin made the proto Sentients so all Sentients are probably lotus themed as well.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Just tried PvP. Hit conclave rank 1. Didn't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Making the sentients another failed Orokin experiment was kinda lame IMO.