Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ragnar34 posted:

What's that face in panel five? I'm thinking it's "Hey man, I get it, we all love Batman."

Yeah, it seems like a typical "No judgments bro, we've all had weird dreams about Batman." face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, it seems like a typical "No judgments bro, we've all had weird dreams about Batman." face.

I concur.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Me too.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Pfft. What do you know?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Pfft. What do you know?

He knows what you and Batman do in your dreams.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Gob will be having a hiatus in September:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?p=2323

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Fire in the hole!

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Wicker Man posted:

Fire in the hole!

Sometimes poop don't feel like it should.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wicker Man posted:

Fire in the hole!

Awwwww, Peeplops made a whole bunch of new friends :3:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You wouldn't think it, but Nude Science Weekly is the premier source for groundbreaking scientific news. :science:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Also Book 2 orders are up. :toot:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Specifically personalized ones are available. I've been waiting for those - the sketch in my copy of volume 1 makes me happy every time I look at it because Gob is great.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Now I'm wondering if Gob reads schlock mercenary, which at one point featured a bioengineered cyborg who pooped plastic explosive.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Gob will be having a hiatus in September:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?p=2323

Hm... The same time Aaron Diaz chooses to take a break from doing almost nothing. Coincidence? I don't think so. :tinfoil:

Seriously, though, have a good one, Gob.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If he didn't announce it, how would you even notice Aaron Diaz took a break?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

What part of the UK are you going to Gob?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

London! I'm really looking forward to if. I've never been outside the U.S. before.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Please be the most American tourist while you're there, Gob

Take selfies with the royal guards

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Gobolatula posted:

London! I'm really looking forward to if. I've never been outside the U.S. before.

The London museum is super cool if you have any interest in history, and you can get some really freaking good Indian food there.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

London's shite.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Gobolatula posted:

If you do the Museums, have a look at the Victoria and Albert - it's not quite as inyourface as the other big ones, but has a lot of very impressive stuff.

Also, if you fancy a day trip out of London, Brighton is wonderful and only about an hour out by train.

Brick Lane is the Indian restaurant place, I've taken friends to this one: http://www.bricklaneclipper.com/ before and it's always been good.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I went to London a decade ago. If day trips are an option, I recommend Hampton Court and Stonehenge (with a side trip from the latter to Salisbury Cathedral, with its copy of the Magna Carta).

Do they still have Henry VIII and His Wives chocolate in the gift shops?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Angrymog posted:

If you do the Museums, have a look at the Victoria and Albert - it's not quite as inyourface as the other big ones, but has a lot of very impressive stuff.

Also, if you fancy a day trip out of London, Brighton is wonderful and only about an hour out by train.

Brick Lane is the Indian restaurant place, I've taken friends to this one: http://www.bricklaneclipper.com/ before and it's always been good.
Oh man, thank you so much for the tips! Especially the Indian food part. My wife's dad is an Englishman and he tells me the best Indian food is in England. I am very much looking forward to stuffing my stupid face silly.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Gobolatula posted:

Oh my gosh, that's awesome! There are all kinds of incredible places to see inside London (I'd recommend this webpage for info on England/London, and to look at the Lonelyplanet/Rick Steves guides for more information), my friend's there and is absolutely loving it. And I know I'm a terrible person for recommending this, because it's so cliche, but I can't recommend the chocolates you'll find in England enough. There's a very broad difference between English and American chocolates, and I think you will be very pleasantly surprised!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
No seriously the chocolate used in a lot of candy in the States is cheap as gently caress, the difference is unreal when you get some proper chocolate. It's like American cheese and actual cheese.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bought my book two! With a sketch request and all. Shipping was way more than I thought it'd be, I'm kind of surprised - but it's worth it to throw money at Gob!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tlarn posted:

No seriously the chocolate used in a lot of candy in the States is cheap as gently caress, the difference is unreal when you get some proper chocolate. It's like American cheese and actual cheese.

Not just cheap, it has poo poo like butyric acid in it for no good reason except "chocolate was once made with spoiled milk so people got used to it that way".

There are many great chocolate brands, both American and foreign. Just make sure it doesn't say Hershey's (or Mars or whatever) on the wrapper and you'll be fine,

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Don't forget to eat at the KFC next to the Scientology HQ.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I agree with everyone who says you should get chocolate. Pick up lots of other kinds of britsh candy while you're there too, they have some really neat and tasty things.

Oh, and mind the gap.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
What does London even look like in the post-apocalypse in It Hurts! Is it run by Space Rhinos?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

pathetic little tramp posted:

What does London even look like in the post-apocalypse in It Hurts! Is it run by Space Rhinos?

My head-canon is most if not all of the world quickly recovered from the apocalypse, except for the fell state of New Jersey.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

re: chocolate, even off the shelf chocolate (Cadbury's, Galaxy and so on) is much better than American choclate (I think it's because we don't use HFCS here, everything uses actual sugar). Next tier up is stuff like Green and Blacks and Lindt or the Supermarket's own top tier (Taste the difference, Finest etc). After that look for Hotel Chocolat or Motezuma's who have dedicated shops - HC are quite common, and there's a Motezuma's in Spitalfields.

After that you're into the land of strange designer chocolates that I don't actually know where to source, except for these: http://www.paulayoung.co.uk/

Stay away from Thorntons though - it's not much better than Cadburies, but has a price closer to HC's and Montezumas.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

American chocolate tastes like vomit.

Other people aren't so loving stupid.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dabir posted:

American chocolate tastes like vomit.

Other people aren't so loving stupid.

Yeah, that's the butyric acid. That's literally what it does, make things taste like vomit. They add it on purpose.

America has plenty of excellent brands of chocolate that don't use HFCS or puke extract. Just don't reach for a Hershey bar as your archetypical example, same as you wouldn't reach for a Budweiser or a Big Mac, and you'll be fine.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Werewolves.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I've heard several conspiracy theories that the royal family are reptilians or werewolves, plenty to work with there

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

tlarn posted:

I've heard several conspiracy theories that the royal family are reptilians or werewolves, plenty to work with there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gobolatula posted:

Werewolves.
How's their hair?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry