Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fabricated posted:

apple's continued slide is gonna own

no it's not going to own

apple's board needs to wise up and kick tim and johnny ives to the curb and get things back on the straight and narrow

pare back the phone skus to two (same model, two different colors, at a sensible size), crash the ipad maxi and the ipad mini and salvage the brand, and issue a deeply remorseful mea culpa for the iwatch and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

i built a little chrome extension that blocks lovely facebook and twitter things

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

actually the ipad mini is the right size

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Awia posted:

actually the ipad mini is the right size

does it have the right ram though?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Triglav posted:

rip appl

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
so volatile its prepping for another correction already lmao

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Triglav posted:

so volatile its prepping for another correction already lmao

this is good for bitcoin!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

cremnob posted:

timb emailed cramer
he should have written it out in Notes and taken a screenshot and emailed the screenshot

maybe highlighted the most important sentence too

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i got an ipad air 2. i like it more than the mini i think.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think the air is the correct tablet size

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

still v pleased with my air 2

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the "2" stands for "2 gigs of RAM"

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

THC posted:

the "2" stands for "2 gigs of RAM"

Timb, release the iPhone 6s with 2G of RAM.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Valeyard posted:

does it have the right ram though?

yes, but not enough of it

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

trilljester posted:

Timb, release the iPhone 6s with 2G of RAM.

Lol because that will be the only change and everyone knows it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

maniacdevnull posted:

Lol because that will be the only change and everyone knows it

Truth. Maybe force touch like the Watch. But still in 16,64,128G models just to piss off the 32G wanters.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

trilljester posted:

Truth. Maybe force touch like the Watch. But still in 16,64,128G models just to piss off the 32G wanters.

most likely

oh there is confirmation that the metal is a little stronger so you won't have bendgate again

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

dont you mean bendghazi

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

when do we get gamerghazi?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

when do we get gamerghazi?

when gamers die

let's get on with it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Actually, that's the attack that killed VileRat, so tread carefully with jokes here

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

thanks tim <3 you too :kimchi:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

yes. also safari is very bad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Puppy Galaxy posted:

lol!

that literally has never happened on my n5

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uncurable mlady posted:

when gamers die

gameschwitz

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i only get that in links clicked from twitter after opening a bunch of other links from twitter so i blame twitter

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSV1UFbhJ-A

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

trilljester posted:

weren't there mumbles around wwdc time that the 32GB chip just aren't made? like sarnsung or sandisk or whoever just skips that capacity in the chips apple uses.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
like everyone's coming up with all these conspiracies about how apple is playing mind games with their pricing and it probably comes down timb just not being able to source the chips.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ultramiraculous posted:

like everyone's coming up with all these conspiracies about how apple is playing mind games with their pricing and it probably comes down timb just not being able to source the chips.

i have a lot of trouble believing anyone cares, at all. ive literally never thought about the sizes of available cell phone RAMs or whatever

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ultramiraculous posted:

Yeah, I guess it would be hard for a company to use money to get other companies to make products. Also literally every other flagship phone comes in a 32 gb variant so I guess they just aren't making the special apple memory.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

maniacdevnull posted:

Yeah, I guess it would be hard for a company to use money to get other companies to make products. Also literally every other flagship phone comes in a 32 gb variant so I guess they just aren't making the special apple memory.

the argument is that there wasn't a comparably specced chip in whatever lineup, so they'd be paying extra money to get someone to fab 32gb as their lowest cost option.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

i have a lot of trouble believing anyone cares, at all. ive literally never thought about the sizes of available cell phone RAMs or whatever

if you had an iphone you would cause they have no ram and it makes the phones unusable.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

ultramiraculous posted:

weren't there mumbles around wwdc time that the 32GB chip just aren't made? like sarnsung or sandisk or whoever just skips that capacity in the chips apple uses.

yeah, I heard the same. 64G and higher is where everyone should be looking to buy, 16G is really too small these days.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
hmm, should I cheap out and get the low spec version on the computing device that is literally on me every second of the day and I use constantly to avoid having to make eye contact with humans?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

what are you people putting on you're phones?
i get all my music streamed to me via apple music and i'm not using like any of my storage

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ive had a 32GB iphone for 2 years and it's never been a problem

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

what are you people putting on you're phones?
i get all my music streamed to me via apple music and i'm not using like any of my storage

according to settings > general > about

songs 103
videos 623
photos 8,965
applications 19
capacity 55.9gb
available 2.2gb

so a couple "desert island" albums i haven't changed since i got the phone and My Amazing iPhoneography

the camera is a big reason why i got the 5S (the others being retina and speed), and not thinking about deleting photos and videos is why i got the largest option available at the time

in some number of years i'll do the same again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
personal storage is dead. more disk space on your phone is just dick waving

• Locked thread