Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

I know they aren't, but they shouldn't have bothered to include him in that case. He doesn't look significantly different from Tim, especially with both of them sporting stupid shaved heads, so it really just looks like a costume redesign for Tim. If the picture didn't tell me that was Damian, I wouldn't have guessed it was him at all.

To be fair, the big thing about the Arkham games is that they do little more to say, "Look at this Batman stuff!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CuwiKhons posted:

I know they aren't, but they shouldn't have bothered to include him in that case. He doesn't look significantly different from Tim, especially with both of them sporting stupid shaved heads, so it really just looks like a costume redesign for Tim. If the picture didn't tell me that was Damian, I wouldn't have guessed it was him at all.

He's got a few elements of Damien's costumes (the shape of the mask, the colour of the cloak, blacks instead of greens), but ageing him up like that really misses the point (and also misses the option of using the Batman 666 costume).

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

You're not cute.

If they figured out how to fix something people were complaining about and then put it on the list then why is it such an issue regardless of how small it is? Why do you read so loving much into it? People in this thread will look for any excuse to say WB hosed their dog. Which is weird, because it's not like you need to look hard.

It's more that I'm continually amazed at how lovely they are at both programming and sharing information with the community, they keep silent for so long and then what little information they do release is still dumb, released in a dumb way and only shows how much they suck. I'm sorry this annoys you, from now on I'll only post complaints if they cross the important complaints threshold.

On topic: How many challenge maps are going to be released anyway, is it going to be anything close to Arkham City? Specifically the combat challenges, the new tools and fear takedown stuff has sort of ruined the predator challenges for me.

Also regarding the age of Batman, how long is Bruce generally accepted to be acting as Batman? I mean if Damien is a teenager and he has two adult Robins then he can't be a young fellar. The Knight points out how he's getting old but that might just but tauntinig. He must end his general role around the age of like 50 or so?

E↓↓ thanks guys

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 25, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
They said 6 challenge maps (likely split by predator/combat) in September. Not sure if that is supposed to be all of them or they're coming out at a trickle or not. I hope not the former, anyway. But the detailing of the season pass content was really, and I guess intentionally vague.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

Also regarding the age of Batman, how long is Bruce generally accepted to be acting as Batman? I mean if Damien is a teenager and he has two adult Robins then he can't be a young fellar. The Knight points out how he's getting old but that might just but taunting. He must end his general role around the age of like 50 or so?
Damien is 10 when he first appears, so he's still pretty young. Before the big continuity reset Bruce was probably in his late 30s, but it feels like the reboot brought it down a bit.

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.
I sort of just make up my own challenges for the challenge maps. I think I spent almost a half hour a while back just sadistically picking off enemies in On a Pale Moonlight, one at a time without being seen. If the last man standing isn't freaking the gently caress out, you're not Batmanning right.

I kinda have the same mentality with combat maps. Every time I'd look up a video for a combat map from one of the older games, I'd either find someone spamming the same moves for a high score or I'd find someone getting the poo poo knocked out of them. Come on! You're loving Batman. Show some style. My favourite times playing combat challenges aren't necessarily the ones where I've set a high score; they're the ones where I've just Batmanned the gently caress out of everyone in the room.

Of course, it's important to take a shotgun blast to the chest every now and then. Just to show the thugs that they can't stop the Bat with a petty shotgun blast to the chest (even if it actually nearly kills you, but gently caress them, they don't know that...).

On a side note: is the 1989 Batmobile faster than the AK Batmobile, or is that all in my head? Playing the new racing maps with both Batmobiles, the AK Batmobile feels clunkier to me. I can't tell if it's just in my head, or if they did that to make up for the fact that the 1989 Batmobile can't tankturn on a dime. Also, gently caress yeah 100% thrusters. I don't really like the racing challenges, and I feel like the maps are more Batman Returns inspired than Batman, but gently caress it, I'll take what I can get, and hearing the Danny Elfman theme in the background adds more than you'd even expect.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Three starring the AR missions isn't required for the final knightfalll ending right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

ManMythLegend posted:

Three starring the AR missions isn't required for the final knightfalll ending right?

Nope.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well now I can't unhear that. Thanks, blackguy.

If Chibi had any self awareness I'd think he'd bought himself the Riddler avatar for the similarities they share, but alas. :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More concept art for skins

What the gently caress? Why that lovely costume?:psyduck:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What the gently caress? Why that lovely costume?:psyduck:

Because after the release and popularity of the Metal Gear Solid series, butts are the in-thing these days.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He looks like a very muscular suppository.

:pervert:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So this game is currently 17€ for PC in the deluxe edition with season pass. Should I grab it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hopper posted:

So this game is currently 17€ for PC in the deluxe edition with season pass. Should I grab it?

The PC release was a giant clusterfuck and it still hasn't been fixed. You can take a gamble and it might play absolutely fine with no issues like it did for me (in which case it is MORE than worth the money), but the problem was widespread enough that WB actually pulled the game from sale until they could get it fixed. The first interim fix is apparently still in testing, so I assume you've seen this on sale as a physical item?

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
this game is almost exactly what a modern banjo-kazooie should be like

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

The PC release was a giant clusterfuck and it still hasn't been fixed. You can take a gamble and it might play absolutely fine with no issues like it did for me (in which case it is MORE than worth the money), but the problem was widespread enough that WB actually pulled the game from sale until they could get it fixed. The first interim fix is apparently still in testing, so I assume you've seen this on sale as a physical item?

I am aware of the issues, but there is a steamkey offered at CDkeys (this is a worldwide key, reports are it's legit).

I just bought it, price is now up to 17.50 €. Key for Deluxe + Key for Harley Quinn. Keys activated fine.

If anyone is interested, you can get it here

Hopper fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 26, 2015

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I wonder how they got hold of them? That'll be a pretty good deal for when you can actually get the drat season pass content on PC.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
What's the point of DLC skins that come out ages after the game is already out?

I already played the game. That's when I would have wanted the skins.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No idea, but the code works. I am at work and only activated but I told a friend, he bought it, installed and says it runs fine until the first batmobile sequence comes up.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

PoshAlligator posted:

What's the point of DLC skins that come out ages after the game is already out?

I already played the game. That's when I would have wanted the skins.

DLC AR challenges.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Hopper posted:

No idea, but the code works. I am at work and only activated but I told a friend, he bought it, installed and says it runs fine until the first batmobile sequence comes up.

Tell him to turn off interactive smoke/fog if he turned that on.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is there any story behind the one on the left where it looks like Bruce stripped down the 60's Batmobile for parts?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Grey Fox posted:

Is there any story behind the one on the left where it looks like Bruce stripped down the 60's Batmobile for parts?

Some Alex Ross story where everyone got armor, Justice I think.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Terrible Horse posted:

Some Alex Ross story where everyone got armor, Justice I think.
That is correct.
http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=108281

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The first issue of Arkham Knight: Genesis is out and I'm not entirely convinced on the way Tomasi's handling Jason, it hypes Jason's skills way too much but is hardly to take seriously considering Jason's actual actions on the game (I mean if he was THAT good, why he's all bark but not bite on the game?)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The first issue of Arkham Knight: Genesis is out and I'm not entirely convinced on the way Tomasi's handling Jason, it hypes Jason's skills way too much but is hardly to take seriously considering Jason's actual actions on the game (I mean if he was THAT good, why he's all bark but not bite on the game?)

Wouldn't be a lot of fun getting your rear end handed to you in every encounter in the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Because you can be absurdly skilled and still get your rear end wrecked by Batman.

See also: Deathstroke.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Norns posted:

Wouldn't be a lot of fun getting your rear end handed to you in every encounter in the game.

Norns posted:

Still, I'm one of the biggest Jason Todd fans around and even I found hard to believe that a 13 year old Jason could beat the Joker and almost killing him before being Robin.

Deathstroke kind of live up to the hype on Origins at least, Jason on AK is like a sith on the prequel trilogy: looking badass but once the chips come down he goes down like a bitch.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I don't think I'll ever get the Perfect Knight achievements in these games. I can get huge combos, I can use a ton of different abilities and so on, I just cannot for the life of me go down the list and use fifteen explicitly different ones. I have the same problem as a centipede - start thinking about how I move all those legs at once and things just fall apart. :saddowns:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
OK so i played this on PC and it ran smooth as butter. Once I brought :spoiler: Ivy :spoiler: to GCPD and headed back out, I switched the grafx up from low (which already looks nice) to normal.
AAAAaaaand sloooooowwwdowwwn.

I have all 4 nvidia physix settings disabled (ATI card anyway), is there other stuff to disable in ini files? Such as motion blur etc?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hopper posted:

OK so i played this on PC and it ran smooth as butter. Once I brought :spoiler: Ivy :spoiler: to GCPD and headed back out, I switched the grafx up from low (which already looks nice) to normal.

I have all 4 nvidia physix settings disabled (ATI card anyway), is there other stuff to disable in ini files? Such as motion blur etc?

You could try playing with this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484128370

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

With the app that Levantine linked, definitely pay attention to modifying the Framerate Smoothing/Rate and Texture streaming values. Getting those right can make a world of difference. But absolutely try it out and go down that entire support doc one at a time. Luckily it really doesn't take long.

(You can knock your motion blur sample count way down, too. Or you can manually set it to 0 within the .ini)

To be safe, make sure Steam/AK is shut down before you start muckin'.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 28, 2015

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Still, I'm one of the biggest Jason Todd fans around and even I found hard to believe that a 13 year old Jason could beat the Joker and almost killing him before being Robin.

I'm okay with that. I hate when writers make Joker out to be some kind of formidable fighter. He's not or at least he shouldn't be, he's a clown. I liked when you got to fight "him" in City, because you just knock him silly immediately.

Is that a skin for Red Hood? For what purpose? The 5 minute DLC pack?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

redbackground posted:

With the app that Levantine linked, definitely pay attention to modifying the Framerate Smoothing/Rate and Texture streaming values. Getting those right can make a world of difference. But absolutely try it out and go down that entire support doc one at a time. Luckily it really doesn't take long.

(You can knock your motion blur sample count way down, too. Or you can manually set it to 0 within the .ini)

yes, I should have said - texture streaming is probably the most important setting in that utility. It's almost like playing a different game when everything runs correctly.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

With the "Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1" coming out soon, presumably there will be others that follow, with Red Hood as an option at some point.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SonicRulez posted:

I'm okay with that. I hate when writers make Joker out to be some kind of formidable fighter. He's not or at least he shouldn't be, he's a clown. I liked when you got to fight "him" in City, because you just knock him silly immediately.

The Joker was using an exosuit and had Batman at his mercy though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The church yard tank fight is loving ridiculous. I can't keep track of all this poo poo.

varlet
Feb 10, 2010

I would use every crayon in my box

NESguerilla posted:

The church yard tank fight is loving ridiculous. I can't keep track of all this poo poo.

This fight took me multiple tries on NG+... I don't remember what it was like the first time around, but probably just as bad. What a terrible area.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

So, just finished and 100% the game. Super fun. Curious if the sequels(fingers crossed) will be an Origins 2, focusing on Tim/Barb/Dick, or just continuing.

I really want one with more focus on other characters/swapping around. They are always fun, and I like the Tim/Barb dynamic. I'd like to have her be Tim's Alfred, and whenever hacking/tech comes around it tosses to her.

Then they could have more flashbacks to her as Batgirl. I also wanna play as Kate, even if only in a DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Saints Crow posted:

So, just finished and 100% the game. Super fun. Curious if the sequels(fingers crossed) will be an Origins 2, focusing on Tim/Barb/Dick, or just continuing.

I really want one with more focus on other characters/swapping around. They are always fun, and I like the Tim/Barb dynamic. I'd like to have her be Tim's Alfred, and whenever hacking/tech comes around it tosses to her.

Then they could have more flashbacks to her as Batgirl. I also wanna play as Kate, even if only in a DLC.

I don't see an Origins 2 happening, more than likely they'd go for a Suicide Squad game. There was already a stinger for it with Deathstroke at the end of Origins, and then Origins: Blackgate (full working title is Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate. Colons!) had Batman cruising around Blackgate prison while Amanda Waller picked up Bronze Tiger and Deadshot in his wake. She tried to get Bane too but it didn't quite work out. Too much Batmanning going on.

• Locked thread