Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
if milan sign balotelli they should just say gently caress it & bring in zeman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

poo poo Farm posted:

if milan sign balotelli they should just say gently caress it & bring in zeman

:agreed:

But also if we do sign Balo and then keep this insane 4-3-1-2 with Honda as a trequartista (don't poo poo on this I am allowed to use that word) it will be bad.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

This is allegedly an Allegri decision.

Max, what are you doing...

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

This is allegedly an Allegri decision.

Max, what are you doing...

We were warned, but we didn't listen...

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Let's make Bonera titolare while we're at it. Actually just loving make Galliani goalkeeper.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope Mario comes back

Does anyone know if he still gets his loyalty bonus for being on loan, or does the loan kill it

Either way, I want to see him play and gently caress over Liverpool as much as possible in the process.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Duro posted:

I hope Mario comes back

Does anyone know if he still gets his loyalty bonus for being on loan, or does the loan kill it

Either way, I want to see him play and gently caress over Liverpool as much as possible in the process.

He'll be having his medical tomorrow.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
I don't understand the Joaquin situation with Fiorentina but he honestly sounds like a big baby. He said he wanted to go back to Betis the day he left. Then why did he even leave?

Also, I have no background or history on his situation so my opinion is only reflecting his recent comments.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Funkysauce posted:

I don't understand the Joaquin situation with Fiorentina but he honestly sounds like a big baby. He said he wanted to go back to Betis the day he left. Then why did he even leave?

Also, I have no background or history on his situation so my opinion is only reflecting his recent comments.

That's pretty much it, he's been told he has to stay for his contract to end (2016) and that even the 15 presence renewal clause can be ignored, but no, he wants to be released for free (or close to it, Betis offered 200k).

To be honest I have lost a lot of respect for him, and he was the guy that scored a winner against Juventus on the 0-2 to 4-2 epic match; that alone in Florence (since we win nothing ever) is the stuff you tell to the kids and grandkids. It's not like we got him for free either, we paid 2 or 3 millions for him.

Even Betis is playing dirty (and their Director is our old one Macia), offering him the contract of a lifetime (3 years + 1 and a guaranteed seat on the board when he quits) but told him it's only valid this year, next year it won't be. Maybe Macia has an axe to grind with Fiorentina?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Is that the whole story? They're essentially trying to extort Joaquin into joining Betis for 200k (laughable) and saying if he doesn't then the deal is no good?

Home club or not, that's a dick move to pull on any player.

I liked Joaquin a lot better in the second half of the 14/15 season when he started to go in the box and dribble his heart out again. He's great when he needs to be, but this petty bullshit is dumb.

And Cane, the highlight of that story is the perfect hat trick that Rossi scored in 15 minutes or so.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Balotelli is undergoing medicals right now.

Gigi - your new av:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

milan is retarded

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Haha oh gently caress

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seriously though it appears this is actually happening so if somebody wants to whip up an av sized picture of Icardi that's good I'll give it to myself. If not I'll do something when I get home.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
paulo sousa owns

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mans posted:

paulo sousa owns

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
gd please give somebody else your av so it isn't lost

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hegay posted:

milan is retarded

Oh yeah, so retarded. Sell a guy for 16 million and get him back a year later for free on a loan

Man, if only I could be so stupid

Edit: I agree that it probably fucks up the system they were working towards, and they did spend a lot of money on guys that might risk not playing because of Balo....and they still need defensive players and don't seem to understand that after years of shocking defense

Duro fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 25, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm willing to give Romagnoli a few games because he was good last year, but Ely looked totally lost out there.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

:getin:

Gigi Galli posted:

Seriously though it appears this is actually happening so if somebody wants to whip up an av sized picture of Icardi that's good I'll give it to myself. If not I'll do something when I get home.

I vote pilgrim outfit

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm willing to give Romagnoli a few games because he was good last year, but Ely looked totally lost out there.

He looks real dumb in this picture so here's a regular and tall-av version of him asing "wtf" at all your posts:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I love Milan and Italy but Balotelli is real bad and hosed in the head

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

I vote pilgrim outfit

Same

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Drogadon posted:

I vote pilgrim outfit

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Apparently Balo's contract has a code of conduct cribbed from the Italian Air Force.

:italy:

Cassano also has a "Being Cassano" clause that can cause his pay to be docked.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 26, 2015

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Didn't he lose his last year's pay at Parma too? He better not be Cassano.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Duro posted:

Oh yeah, so retarded. Sell a guy for 16 million and get him back a year later for free on a loan

Man, if only I could be so stupid

Edit: I agree that it probably fucks up the system they were working towards, and they did spend a lot of money on guys that might risk not playing because of Balo....and they still need defensive players and don't seem to understand that after years of shocking defense

Is Balotelli going to play for free? Don't Milan have other positions that would benefit more from strengthening? Is Menez going to be out in the cold?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Strootman apparently has to have another surgery on his knee, and might miss the entire season. It's a shame, seems his career could be pretty hosed at this point.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canepazzo posted:

Apparently Balo's contract has a code of conduct cribbed from the Italian Air Force.

:italy:

give him a Bersaglieri code of conduct and force to literally never not run like a doofus.

if you can convince him to wear a black feather then it'd be even better.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
It looks like Napoli haven't bought any new defenders yet. Am I right? Say what you will about Benitez, but they really needed some better options in the back.

Hegay posted:

Is Balotelli going to play for free? Don't Milan have other positions that would benefit more from strengthening? Is Menez going to be out in the cold?

He took a pay cut and Liverpool are still paying part of his wages. Also, maybe Berlusconi has a soft spot for him or maybe he's good in the dressing room?

Until Rodgers' job started being in trouble after last season's implosion, there weren't any reports that he was raising up a stink in the Melwood dressing room or training badly. Of course, once people started questioning Rodgers' competence, the ridiculous fake virus and "own goal from the halfway line" and "interrupting the coaches" stories came in at a fast and furious pace.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

It looks like Napoli haven't bought any new defenders yet. Am I right? Say what you will about Benitez, but they really needed some better options in the back.

They signed Hysaj from Empoli, Chiriches, and Allan is a pretty straightforward defensive midfielder. And they brought back Reina. So their focus this window has mostly been in defense (not sure that they necessarily upgraded a whole lot though).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
chiriches is loving poo poo though

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like Llorente is joining Sevilla on a free, after rescinding with Juventus.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Brony Car posted:

He took a pay cut and Liverpool are still paying part of his wages. Also, maybe Berlusconi has a soft spot for him or maybe he's good in the dressing room?

Until Rodgers' job started being in trouble after last season's implosion, there weren't any reports that he was raising up a stink in the Melwood dressing room or training badly. Of course, once people started questioning Rodgers' competence, the ridiculous fake virus and "own goal from the halfway line" and "interrupting the coaches" stories came in at a fast and furious pace.

I have a feeling he was brought in specifically to be a scapegoat for Rodgers

That piece of garbage coach can't be fired soon enough. He can go back to coaching sheep in the countryside

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Paletta has left training at Milanello to go sign for Atalanta. Really good.

Of course now we have no defenders but this is probably better than before.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canepazzo posted:

Looks like Llorente is joining Sevilla on a free, after rescinding with Juventus.

Seeya Llorente, you scored some goals, weren't as good at headers as we needed, and died.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Seeya Llorente, you scored some goals, weren't as good at headers as we needed, and died.

He's a really good lad. Shame he's not a really good goal scorer.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm super curious on how Mario is gonna do at Beskitas or whatever.

Seriously at this point, let Joaquin go, find another winger, and do a deadline day sale.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I'm super curious on how Mario is gonna do at Beskitas or whatever

What, next year? He's literally at Milanello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

What, next year? He's literally at Milanello.

He means Gomez.

He didn't start either of the first two matches at Besiktas, and played about 30 minutes combined. No goals yet.

• Locked thread