Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Frostwerks posted:

birds eat chicken all the time. hell sometimes chickens eat chickens

Just because they do it doesn't mean other chickens like WATCHING it! My point is still valid :colbert:

Edit:

Frostwerks posted:

gently caress. and sometimes, birds eat people! WHAT THE gently caress

Will, we sure know Bird Person eats people. Or at least one part of at least one person. Named Tammy. If you know what I mean :heysexy:

human vagina

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Anyone get a good shot of the pictures on Bird Person's wall? Clearly Rick knows how to rock, since he apparently fronted an intergalactic rock band called Flesh Curtains.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Anyone get a good shot of the pictures on Bird Person's wall? Clearly Rick knows how to rock, since he apparently fronted an intergalactic rock band called Flesh Curtains.

Enjoy the annoyance of Rick's bass that somehow gains 2 strings when it gets to the pickups!

Edit: Found the baby pic:

Edit2: And the other one:

Brightman fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 26, 2015

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Squanchy on the drums

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Brightman posted:

Edit2: And the other one:

They really worked the Hawk references with that.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Brightman posted:

Enjoy the annoyance of Rick's bass that somehow gains 2 strings when it gets to the pickups!

Ugh, that's obviously a space-bass. Don't you know anything about music?

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Brightman posted:

It's like that optical illusion fork thing. o_O

(plz make an optical illusion fork prop)

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 26, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brightman posted:

Somebody needs to find a picture of him playing bass for the giant head -- I could have sworn he was right-handed then.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

prefect posted:

Somebody needs to find a picture of him playing bass for the giant head -- I could have sworn he was right-handed then.
/

What are we, to believe that this is some sort of a… heh-heh, magic xylophone bass or something?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Cacafuego posted:

/

What are we, to believe that this is some sort of a… heh-heh, magic xylophone bass or something?

They-they're a national treasure, Morty!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cacafuego posted:

This is a much better response than trying to find an in-universe explanation for the animators' laziness, btw.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Maybe the time traveling portal jumping mad scientist is ambidextrous and can play the bass left or right handed, backwards or upside down?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

r0ck0 posted:

Maybe the time traveling portal jumping mad scientist is ambidextrous and can play the bass left or right handed, backwards or upside down?
Or maybe he doesn't (or didn't) play it well enough for the difference to matter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's actually a Rick from a literal mirror universe.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brightman posted:

Does this mean that there might someday be an episode where Rick gets his old band back together and the preform a hard rock cover of "get schwifty"?

God I hope that's what it means.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's not a bass or a guitar you loving plebes, it's a quantum stringneck. it is all string instruments at once but also none at the same time. fun fact: it is the only instrument in the universe capable of replicating truly absolute silence

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

They really worked the Hawk references with that.

I drew a ship that looked like that first, but then they asked for something more wright brothers'y

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Head Bent Over (Full Track)

Yeah...alright...(oh yeah)...uh huh....here we go...(oh yeah)...doub...double Michael in the house....(oh...oh...oh yeah)....alright...drop the beat...go to the club (oh yeah)....here we go
...say it with me

Head bent over
Raised up posterior (oh yeah)
Head bent over (uh huh) yeah
Raised up posterior

Sing it with me now!

Head bent over...yeah
Raised up posterior (alright)
Head bent over... (oh yeah...raised up posterior!)

God, verbatim transcripting of R&M is a loving nightmare. Roiland is Rickdiculous.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT, YOU HAVE 72 HOURS

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I love how terrified baby Morty looks.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I actually did a little clap when I heard it was Dan Harmon doing Ice T. Finally listening to Harmontown pays off.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 26, 2015

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Chexoid posted:

I actually did a little clap when I heard it was Dan Harmon doing Ice T. Finally listening to Harmontown pays off.

But he never said "It's not personal, it's bissniss."

BOOOO

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Speaking of transcripting/captioning R&M, I cannot even fathom how difficult doing that for Rixty Minutes would be, christ.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
I pity the person who had to transcribe/caption A Rickle In Time.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Btw guys, the Star Citizen thread over in games is now about Rick and Morty. Feel free to post over there.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I feel like the Ice-T stuff would've worked a lot better if they'd actually got Ice-T to do the voice.

They probably could've got him

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ajaxify posted:

Btw guys, the Star Citizen thread over in games is now about Rick and Morty. Feel free to post over there.

Isn't that the thing where people spend real money to buy pretend spaceships that don't exist for a game that isn't playable? They sound like a bunch of silly people. :)

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBZC4cEk7Hw

I hope this becomes a thing.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

boom boom boom posted:

I feel like the Ice-T stuff would've worked a lot better if they'd actually got Ice-T to do the voice.

They probably could've got him

It almost certainly was written as a result of Dan Harmon fooling around in the writer's room with his Ice-T impression and one of the writers taking that and running with it. In that light the lack of "It's not personal, it's bizzness" is a crime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
His Ice-T impression isn't that good.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
They should've used Paul F Thompkins

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

a shameful boehner posted:

Speaking of transcripting/captioning R&M, I cannot even fathom how difficult doing that for Rixty Minutes would be, christ.

Most transcribers deal with way worse, at least Rixty Minutes is intelligible.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

boom boom boom posted:

His Ice-T impression isn't that good.

Impressions don't need to be good. You're thinking of impersonations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Impressions don't need to be good. You're thinking of impersonations.

It wasn't very funny either

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It was very ATHF.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

boom boom boom posted:

It wasn't very funny either

Oops I accidentally laughed at him! If only I had known!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Is Water-T's dad Barbe-Q?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
In this super long interview Ryan Ridley spoils that Mr. Poopy Butthole is real and will be back this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oCqPDngrgM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mr. Poopy Butthole being real isn't a spoiler.

• Locked thread