Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

just gonna put this here. Not saying this guy had anything to do with anything..but "disgruntled former employee" is being tossed about.

http://www.roanoke.com/arts_and_entertainment/tv/orlando-salinas-and-wdbj-part-ways/article_544d0aea-f8dd-5938-b030-21d9c5093fbf.html

Edit: Things are progressing and there are apparently many former employees. so i'm gonna spoiler this and say it's probably not the guy^^^

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

just gonna put this here. Not saying this guy had anything to do with anything..but "disgruntled former employee" is being tossed about.

http://www.roanoke.com/arts_and_entertainment/tv/orlando-salinas-and-wdbj-part-ways/article_544d0aea-f8dd-5938-b030-21d9c5093fbf.html

This guy seems like a nice guy who liked doing a good job so it must just be a huge coincidence that the mask (it is a mask, isn't it?) that the killer was wearing looks a little like his face.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I found another clearer pic of the slayer

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

He posted a video on Twitter of himself doing the shooting.

gently caress everything.

Nckdictator has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Aug 26, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Nckdictator posted:

He posted a video on Twitter of himself doing the shooting.

gently caress everything.

He filmed himself doing it? Because his employers didn't like his work? I want to laugh because that can't possibly be true.

Oh you edited it, that image wasn't there before.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm actually glad the video was down by the time I read the article. These last 2-3 pages are some serious no-poo poo actual trigger warning poo poo. Nothing like the sounds of someone dying to permanently scar your mind, forever.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

stickyfngrdboy posted:

He filmed himself doing it? Because his employers didn't like his work? I want to laugh because that can't possibly be true.

Oh you edited it, that image wasn't there before.

Things are progressing...it's mostly likely NOT the guy I posted. Apparently many disgruntled former employees :shrug:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Things are progressing...it's mostly likely NOT the guy I posted. Apparently many disgruntled former employees :shrug:

Oh yeah I didn't look close enough at the twitter image. Still. Weird that his face looks like the mask or face of the other guy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm not linking to it but the guy did in fact take a video of the shooting and nobody should watch it. I don't know why I do this to myself, I guess morbid curiosity gets the better of me.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Jesus christ, the video that the shooter posted on twitter is hosed up. He's just standing right there with a gun in his hand, waiting for the cameraman to pan back to the journalist.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah. I just saw the video.

As soon as my kid gets out of school I'm calling it a day at work, picking her up and hugging her for a very long time.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I'm not linking to it but the guy did in fact take a video of the shooting and nobody should watch it. I don't know why I do this to myself, I guess morbid curiosity gets the better of me.

There's nothing gory in it, but it really does rank in the top ten creepiest things I've seen. He made no attempt to hide what he was about to do,pointing the gun at the lady presenter and then putting it back down.

I'd guess he wasn't very well, mentally.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i gotta remember to thank technology for advancing so fast this thanksgiving. I got to see a murder happen in expeditious time and got to watch Exhibit A before the bodies cooled.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Apparently a twenty two page fax was sent to the station. I'm really, really curious about what this guy's motives were.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Apparently the guy shot himself but didn't die and is now in critical condition. I saw the first video tweeted before I realized what it was and watched it. I've felt sick all day. Goddamn that's horrifying.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

Apparently the guy shot himself but didn't die and is now in critical condition. I saw the first video tweeted before I realized what it was and watched it. I've felt sick all day. Goddamn that's horrifying.

I've felt nauseas for hours now, it just won't go away. Doesn't help that I go for walk and stop in a bagel shop and the story is getting nonstop coverage on the t.v. in there.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
He shot himself and is in critical condition.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/law-enforcement-investigating-incident-at-bridgewater-plaza/34923086

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

amityville anus posted:

i gotta remember to thank technology for advancing so fast this thanksgiving. I got to see a murder happen in expeditious time and got to watch Exhibit A before the bodies cooled.

I know, back in the 70s you had to really get lucky to see someone die live on the news.

(Not a video, just a wikipedia article)

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kimmalah posted:

I know, back in the 70s you had to really get lucky to see someone die live on the news.

(Not a video, just a wikipedia article)

Back in the 60s too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Harvey_Oswald#Death

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Link was updated, he dead now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ozz81 posted:

Link was updated, he dead now

loving GOOD.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Jesus Christ this thread hasn't really been fun lately :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
gently caress it was racewar stuff. I'm scared to death this is going to provoke retaliation in some way.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'm saddened that he won't ever face justice.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm saddened that he won't ever face justice.

The Aurora Theater shooter just got sentenced to 3,318 years in prison. The only justice in that case (and in this one if the fucker lived) would be for him to stand before a judge and be told he's guilty as gently caress, a sick human being, and to go away and never see another decent human being for as long as he lives. All of which (minus the judge part) just happened in the last 10 hours.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

wouldnt have happened if he had a gun

What a hosed up story. Posting a pov video of it was incredibly creepy and the video was awful, I wish I didn't watch it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It looks nothing like an apron to me. If it is it's a very irregular shape for an apron.

SLOSifl posted:

On a second look I agree. Something about the pattern looked like a kitchen apron, ominously flapping in the wind like an evil front-cape.

You're joking right? it's clearly a photo of a television screen turned sideways. You can even see the wall and border of the screen on the left there. That's the reflection of some blinds or something on the screen that's being photographed.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

New Leaf posted:

You're joking right? it's clearly a photo of a television screen turned sideways. You can even see the wall and border of the screen on the left there. That's the reflection of some blinds or something on the screen that's being photographed.
I just posted the picture because I was watching a CNN video that had a slightly clearer still-frame of the guy's face. The other one looked like a creepy mask.

The "apron" wasn't really the point, and it's obviously nothing.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Thwomp posted:

The Aurora Theater shooter just got sentenced to 3,318 years in prison. The only justice in that case (and in this one if the fucker lived) would be for him to stand before a judge and be told he's guilty as gently caress, a sick human being, and to go away and never see another decent human being for as long as he lives. All of which (minus the judge part) just happened in the last 10 hours.

In some way its more satisfying as there's a (relatively good) chance death would have allowed an escape from any form of retributive suffering. Now he gets to live the rest of his life in a tiny box. That means he's got +/-40 years to randomly stumble into thoughts possibly resembling remorse or regret or any other number of feelings he deserves to experience. And the best part in the end is nobody else had to give up some of their humanity to inflict the 'ultimate' punishment.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
loving goons, man.

"People who deal with death every day seem very mal-adjusted for some reason... I wonder if I should watch two people die right before my eyes!"

"gently caress I WATCHED TWO PEOPLE DIE FROM WHAT I KNEW WOULD BE A TERRIBLE POV. I FEEL SO NAUSEOUS AND A-BLOO-BLOO-BLOO."

Literally in the thread where we discuss horrible broken people and their disregard for life and death, people keep wondering what happens if they watch enough death.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

loving human beings, man.

"People who deal with death every day seem very mal-adjusted for some reason... I wonder if I should watch two people die right before my eyes!"

"gently caress I WATCHED TWO PEOPLE DIE FROM WHAT I KNEW WOULD BE A TERRIBLE POV. I FEEL SO NAUSEOUS AND A-BLOO-BLOO-BLOO."

Literally in the thread where we discuss horrible broken people and their disregard for life and death, people keep wondering what happens if they watch enough death.

Ftfy

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

This is apparently a rant the shooter gave to a Thai restaurant a while ago. If this is real, the guy clearly had some mental health issues.

bowser has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Aug 26, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Holy gently caress, because a register person didn't say "thank you"?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'd also like to point out the mental health care for low- or no income people is pretty much nonexistent in rural Virginia, and how a state senator's son stabbed his father before shooting himself, and mental health care is still nonexistent down here.

We'll wring our hands for a week or two then move on to the next tragedy.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

DandyLion posted:

In some way its more satisfying as there's a (relatively good) chance death would have allowed an escape from any form of retributive suffering. Now he gets to live the rest of his life in a tiny box. That means he's got +/-40 years to randomly stumble into thoughts possibly resembling remorse or regret or any other number of feelings he deserves to experience. And the best part in the end is nobody else had to give up some of their humanity to inflict the 'ultimate' punishment.

This is don't get. He and today's shooter obviously have something seriously wrong with them. What does it matter if, during the course of a life sentence, they come to Jesus or fully realize the horror of their crimes? gently caress them even further if they apologize after 25 years in prison. Maybe they should've given their actions an ounce of thought or gotten professional help or something, anything other than going straight to violence.

Were I once of the victim's families, I think I'd be insulted if the killer professed regret. gently caress him, let him rot in a cell behind bars or a box in the ground.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Thwomp posted:

Maybe they should've given their actions an ounce of thought or gotten professional help or something, anything other than going straight to violence.

I don't think that's how mental illness works.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

bowser posted:

This is apparently a rant the shooter gave to a Thai restaurant a while ago. If this is real, the guy clearly had some mental health issues.

whoa. that is the most oddly intense thing I've read in a while

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps. On second thought, I do believe these guys gave their actions quite a bit of thought (bringing a go-pro and posting your shooting? WTF). I don't have any good answers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I am upset about my working conditions, so I will purchase a gun and kill my coworkers. This is a completely logical train of thought conducive to the possibility of getting psychiatric help on my own without outside intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Screaming Idiot posted:

I am upset about my working conditions, so I will purchase a gun and kill my coworkers. This is a completely logical train of thought conducive to the possibility of getting psychiatric help on my own without outside intervention.

Weirdly enough mentally ill people tend not to think of themselves as such.