Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This is why Earwolf needs Eric the Intern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
If only they had used Squarespace!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Spraynard Kruger posted:

The JavaScript for the page isn't even obscured, it's pretty trivially easy to remove the paid membership checks and enable the web player.

This appears to be brought to us by the same folks who wrote the Earwolf store, which is served over unencrypted HTTP, so I guess I'm not too surprised.

lol i complained to them like 2 weeks ago their cert was expired. My HttpsEverywhere plugin made me think they were automatically redirecting to https, but still!

ElCondemn posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that happens when non-technical people are put in charge of technical problems.
Exactly. Or the designers just hacked it together, said "ya, that works".

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
As someone else pointed out, they wanted to launch howl, like 6 months ago too. I can't imagine how lovely that would have been then.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Welp. I signed up with a code to get a free month and just got a notice that my membership expired after a week cause I turned off auto-renewal :D

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Earwolfman Jack spot for Howl.fm almost makes this whole debacle worth it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

The Earwolfman Jack spot for Howl.fm almost makes this whole debacle worth it

It hasn't been the same since they brought him back from the dead.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

HH has been gold lately. Very excited for Sean and Hayes on Who Charted tomorrow.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I want to eat the hair of a wicked man.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about anybody else but the new HH was so viscerally satisfying. Perhaps I'm missing out on a third or fourth layer of irony that they guys are putting on but hearing them rake that guy through the coals in the thinnest of jest was an amazing thing to hear. I remember distinctly disliking that guy on RSS because be basically got my dream job handed to him on a platter. And those Howl app jokes. H&S are truly doing the Lord's work.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What sort of famous people have you met on this magical mystery tour of Hollywood, and when are you going to go home?
I think they do like him, and they never got as real as they did on his last episode, when they got to talking about his BMW that he doesn't drive,

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
She's a lovely lady

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I love when Cochran is on HH because even through all their irony you can tell Hayes and Sean are pretty psyched about being friends with a guy who won Survivor and it also reminds me of the glory days of Reality Show Show

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I wonder what the load on their servers has been like since they announced Howl... cause I've downloaded the entirety of like 4 different Earwolf shows since then, and I know I'm not the only one.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Does anyone have a source for all the old Gelmania episodes? I had no idea the podcast was taken off Earwolf and all I can find are the five most recent ones plus a best off. It seems like they just totally gone.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

HH has been gold lately. Very excited for Sean and Hayes on Who Charted tomorrow.

It was just Hayes, but he was excellent. He can kinda fade in to the background on HH, he was spectacular today.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's late in the week to bring it up but Matt Gourley saves this week's Spont. It started off like they couldn't figure out where to go but when Matt becomes Les Claypool he carries the whole thing. I was going to give up on the episode but decided to finish it off and I'm glad I did.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I never listened to a HH I liked, but I'll try this week. This week's Who Charted with Hayes is pretty funny, though. I think H&S are funny their podcast just never made me laugh.

Edit: holy poo poo the AdamAndEve.com ad.

Shnooks fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 26, 2015

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Old Swerdlow posted:

Does anyone have a source for all the old Gelmania episodes? I had no idea the podcast was taken off Earwolf and all I can find are the five most recent ones plus a best off. It seems like they just totally gone.

Someone in the thread was kind enough to share them with me. If you want to post a throwaway email address, I can get in touch with you and upload them.

EDIT: Actually, if it's okay in terms of forum rules, I could just post the link in here since the episodes were free to begin with and I don't see any reason why they were taken down, besides the podcast moving away from Earwolf.

EDIT: This is Gelmania.

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 27, 2015

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Why was Gelmania taken off Earwolf anyways? Stuff like the apple sisters is still on there.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Trujillo posted:

Why was Gelmania taken off Earwolf anyways? Stuff like the apple sisters is still on there.

It's all IP poo poo, the Earwolf contracts have ownership poo poo in there that some people don't like (probably for production/marketing reasons). That's why some podcasts prefer to be on networks like feral audio, because they don't do that kind of thing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Hardcore Game of Thrones is absolutely Dan Carlin. [I was watching this classic film, Terminator 2, the other day...] But is it worth it if you already know, generally, what happens in GoT?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

It was just Hayes, but he was excellent. He can kinda fade in to the background on HH, he was spectacular today.

It's always weird to hear Hayes and/or Sean out of character. "I know this voice but this guy seems genuinely pretty funny, and smart, but most importantly, nice."

Also found it funny that Brett JUMPED on Hayes the first chance he got. Engineer retribution!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Golden Bee posted:

Hardcore Game of Thrones is absolutely Dan Carlin. [I was watching this classic film, Terminator 2, the other day...] But is it worth it if you already know, generally, what happens in GoT?

I've laughed way more at this podcast than expected. The combination of subtle potshots at Martin's occasional lazy characterizations and worldbuilding are complemented by the absolute nailing of Carlin's weird analogies, references to Kahn/Alexander/Hitler, and vocal ticks.

He covers Westerosi history and all the stuff leading up to the series, and then begins going through the book version of the story. So it seems like a great compliment to the show.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Hayes is towering over Howard in that Who Charted picture and he looks significantly taller than 6'2" Scott Aukerman in the CBB episode photo. How tall is that dude?

Edit: Hah, it figures he explicitly answers this question in the Who Charted ep. He's only 6'2" and a half.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 26, 2015

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

It's always weird to hear Hayes and/or Sean out of character. "I know this voice but this guy seems genuinely pretty funny, and smart, but most importantly, nice."
The revelation that RSS was supposed to be out of character made a bunch of sense to me.

quote:

Also found it funny that Brett JUMPED on Hayes the first chance he got. Engineer retribution!
Hahah ya, Brett was itching to jump in on this ep

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ManoliIsFat posted:

Hahah ya, Brett was itching to jump in on this ep
GUITARS DON'T HAVE SHAFTS

sean and hayes are the best in the world and everyone should be listening to hollywood handbook

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm just friggin' stoked that Danny McBride and Jody Hill brought Hayes over to write on their new HBO show.

"And Seth had this big concert at UCLA's Royce Hall"

"Ah... like the band in Ferguson."

"And then he rented out the whole courtyard area with tents---WAIT, WHAT ABOUT FERGUSON?"

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
im irrationally happy about the fact that HH seems to at least be safe from being canceled. i liked their competition to be the second least popular show on earwolf, but i also didn't like it

on the other hand, the longer the show goes on, the more diluted my pro version becomes...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

"And Seth had this big concert at UCLA's Royce Hall"

"Ah... like the band in Ferguson."

"And then he rented out the whole courtyard area with tents---WAIT, WHAT ABOUT FERGUSON?"
the human spellchecker in action

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"how come you didn't want a tistic guy to have money"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I want to get into this HH business, what are some of their best episodes, at least for a new listener?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Farg posted:

I want to get into this HH business, what are some of their best episodes, at least for a new listener?

The Comedy Bang Bang: The Movie episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Farg posted:

http://youtu.be/krw4vvAKf_E

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

piratepilates posted:

The Comedy Bang Bang: The Movie episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

She does it.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Farg posted:

Kumail Nanjiani, both PFT eps, & the first Brian Huskey ep are my favorites.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Tom Scharpling's eps are really good but I wouldn't listen to them first. Seconding Kumail, it's a very solid episode. C+.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

a worthy uhh posted:

She does it.

The one that's a loving problem.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
The 2015 Outside Lands episode on the Howl app is great, especially their contempt for the audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
The Jordan Morris episode and the Shelby Fero episodes are also really good.