Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dug up the photo of JYD, trying to find if I was in the tank for sale but it's hard to locate :v:

The plus side is the guys who work on it have a little bit of experience with difficult projects so if it says fully functioning they mean fully loving functioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5177298509.html

I don't need a new car but that Vodka and PS1 is pretty tempting...

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

MrYenko posted:

I didn't know AWD Celicas were a thing in the states.

Or is that an after-the-fact import?

I believe the US got the 1st gen ST165 and 2nd gen ST185 (called alltracs here), but not the 3rd (ST205). Sales failure most likely.

Edit: Forgot some stuff

Twistershift fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 24, 2015

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I've been trying to buy a hard top for my Miata from a guy in town for months now and he keeps dicking around. This would be a good alternative with the bonus of wasting even more time and money:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5187464187.html

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Only one spare engine, though. Which for the Chieftain is about nine too few.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Twistershift posted:

I believe the US got the 1st gen ST165 and 2nd gen ST185 (called alltracs here), but not the 3rd (ST205). Sales failure most likely.

Edit: Forgot some stuff

Yes. In Canada they were just (misleadingly) called "4WD", the All-Trac badging was not used.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5177669482.html

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yes. In Canada they were just (misleadingly) called "4WD", the All-Trac badging was not used.

They were called the GT4 in Canada.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

$43K for an almost 7 year old, 100,000 KM GM.

Seems to suffer from the old confusion that rare=valuable so goes into great depth just to explain how truly RARE it is

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2009-hummer-h3t-pickup-truck/1094479640?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

Modern Collectibles Revealed one of the 56 vehicles worldwide with a standard Transmission

Very rare car in excellent condition with no mechanical problems.

Production Numbers for H3T

2009: 4,736
2010: 945
============
Total: 5,680

Approximate Breakdowns go something like this:

2010 White Base Models (fleet order): 849
2010 Alpha: ~48
2010 5cyl w/ Adventure: ~24
2010 Base: ~24
2009 Alpha: ~2400
2009 5cyl w/ Adventure: ~1118
2009 Base: ~1218

Approximate total with a standard Transmission = ~56

Full-time four-wheel drive
Premium cloth interior
Integrated bedliner with built-in storage
Stabilitrak
Cargo management system
239 hp 3.7L inline 5-cylinder w/ 5-speed manual
32" tires
Four underbody skid shields
Hill Start Assist
Front driver and passenger airbags
Side-curtain airbags with rollover sensor
Six-speaker audio system
XM/Sirius Radio, OnStar and Bluetooth phone capabilities

more interesting information about the cars, you will find the links below

http://www.tflcar.com/2013/03/modern-collectibles-revealed-2010-hummer-h3t/

http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/forums/showthread.php/15-H3T-Production-Information?s=49806a66c852eb9aea1abaf7c5b97a5a

(Copy & Paste Link to Browser)

private deal no taxes. Open to offers
Best photo of ad:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

slidebite posted:

$43K for an almost 7 year old, 100,000 KM GM.

Seems to suffer from the old confusion that rare=valuable so goes into great depth just to explain how truly RARE it is

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2009-hummer-h3t-pickup-truck/1094479640?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Best photo of ad:

Hmm, where have I seen that username

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/has-you...=&pagenumber=43

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:lol::lol::lol:

That guy and forum in general is a gem.

Last I heard he was unemployed and on EI after bitching and bitching about the NDP winning the election. Looks like he's fallen on hard times.

edit: Just remembered I ran into this guy at autocross last year when he brought out his "restored and mint" Isuzu I-mark that featured orange peel paint job, bondo over rust and a furiously tapping engine that he rebuilt himself. I'm sure that H3 is well maintained :allears:

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 25, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

1500quidporsche posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

That guy and forum in general is a gem.

Last I heard he was unemployed and on EI after bitching and bitching about the NDP winning the election. Looks like he's fallen on hard times.

edit: Just remembered I ran into this guy at autocross last year when he brought out his "restored and mint" Isuzu I-mark that featured orange peel paint job, bondo over rust and a furiously tapping engine that he rebuilt himself. I'm sure that H3 is well maintained :allears:

:eyepop:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Holy poo poo this dude owns a lot of Zs

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5147299600.html

quote:

I have over 50 z's in my collection that I need to find a good home for. They range in years from 1970 to 1983 and I even have one 86 300 zx coupe with a 5 speed left to sell. Most of these cars have been sitting so they're not running at this time however a few of them do run. One by one I'm getting them all road ready and will list them as they become ready. Prices for non runners start at 1500.00 and go up. Prices for runners start at 3000.00 and go up. Prices vary according to rust, the year of the car, and overall condition. Not running or running with low rust warrants a higher price tag. Most of them are project cars waiting for some good luvin. I've got a few 1970 and 1971's left to sell and almost every year after that up to 83. Three out of my 25 240's are almost done and ready to drive with fair to good paint jobs. 1972 Metallic green with gold pearls and flares, 4 spd for $7500.00. 1973 Ice Blue with lots of upgrades and some customizing, L28 Flat top piston motor, Dual Weber Carbs, big exhaust, R200 diff, 4 spd. and no rust for $14,000.00. 1971.5 Black 4 speed for $9,000.00. 1973 Brown on Butterscotch, 80K original miles, very clean, fairly recent restoration style paint job 4 spd, SU carbs, new Rad, Rebuilt head, stock wheels with hubcaps, car is veeeery clean. $15,000.00. I've got 4 260's to choose from and one of them even has a 302 Ford engine in front of an automatic. None of the 260's are running yet, but one by one they will be. 1972 240 Orange with white interior, needs paint, automatic trans, perfect dash, some rust, $3500.00
These are all a private sale. Most of them have clean titles.
Prices are FIRM, no texting please.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

how much for the truck?

Also, is this gold?
I'm pretty skeptical of just about anything in Maryland (except that 240 I bought. That thing was tits.)

There's also this... I'm enjoying the giant bottle of brake fluid in the engine bay.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 25, 2015

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ugh, I would do so many awful things for a cheap classic Zs, running or not. Stupid Japanese consumer trends have put the prices through the drat roof. If you want a clean one the average is around $30k, even the ones with rust can go for $10k or so.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

RillAkBea posted:

Ugh, I would do so many awful things for a cheap classic Zs, running or not. Stupid Japanese consumer trends have put the prices through the drat roof. If you want a clean one the average is around $30k, even the ones with rust can go for $10k or so.

Thats like the third time someone said that.
As a semi-rusty Z owner I will just say "i wish".

First result on Austin Craigslist.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5183011416.html

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Who does this? Seriously

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

how much for the truck?

Also, is this gold?
I'm pretty skeptical of just about anything in Maryland (except that 240 I bought. That thing was tits.)

There's also this... I'm enjoying the giant bottle of brake fluid in the engine bay.

Ignore the 92. Those 2nd gen 4Runners are turds compared to the 3rd gens.

That 97 looks like a steal, but if you go look at it, look very closely at the frame rails. Frame rust is an issue on these trucks, especially around the rear suspension attachment points. Check the coolant to see if it looks clean. The transmission cooler will leak internally and mix coolant and ATF, creating what 4Runner people call the Strawberry Milkshake. No big deal for the engine, but end of the line for the transmission. Even that's not going to be the end of the line for the truck, as you can find dozens of vehicles with the Aisin A340 transmission in the junkyard. Easiest thing to do is run an external transmission cooler and avoid the whole issue.

My 2000 has 257k miles on it and it runs like brand new. They're really loving stout trucks.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5187477941.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

I feel like telling this guy good luck. I had people wasting my time on craigslist for a month over a sub-1000 dollar Hyundai. I also like how the ultimate care package doesn't transfer over to the next owner.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

driguy posted:

I feel like telling this guy good luck. I had people wasting my time on craigslist for a month over a sub-1000 dollar Hyundai. I also like how the ultimate care package doesn't transfer over to the next owner.

quote:

Report Run Date: August 26, 2015 1:16:48 EDT

Vehicle: 2015 BMW 5-Series 535i XDrive (WBA5B3C5XFD545193)

Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
04/25/2015 CO Motor Vehicle Dept. EMISSION INSPECTION
06/16/2015 LITTLETON, CO 11 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:47M473929) (Lien Reported)
07/08/2015 LITTLETON, CO Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:47M473929) (Lien Reported)

why is it titled/liened twice?

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
It's the same title number so... ? I don't know, that's a weird one.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

This thing is cool as gently caress and would make an awesome little single camper, but.. jesus. Needs a hard power-washing inside and out to see what's really there.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This thing is cool as gently caress and would make an awesome little single camper, but.. jesus. Needs a hard power-washing inside and out to see what's really there.

I agree this is rad as gently caress. I just checked the page again and the title has been changed to ***PENDING***. Maybe there's a light at the end of tunnel for this one? :unsmith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

All coolness immediately voided by the keyword spam at the end of the listing

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

The icing on the cake would have been something in the description along the lines of "it ran when I parked it."

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

keykey posted:

The icing on the cake would have been something in the description along the lines of "it ran when I parked it."

It ran when granddad parked it.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Anyone want an old XJ w/fairly standard modifications, PT Cruiser level custom paint and "dana 35s front and rear"? It's only TWENTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS. No lockers.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5168335569.html

quote:

One-of-a-kind, classic Cherokee for sale to a sporting enthusiast who requires a formidible rig worthy of next-level adventures, camping excursions, tearing up trails, slinging mud, or crushing hybrids. This is "Leviathan". I've really enjoyed this guy over the past few years and have put a great deal of effort into restoration of his 'innards'. But it's time to say goodbye: buying a new house and need the money, and also the new garage is too small. Please give him a good home with lots of dirt to eat!

NO TRADES

Engine:
--4.0L High Output, 6-cylinder in-line 1992 Factory Cherokee Engine with 70,000 miles only.
DriveTrain:
--NP 241 Transfer Case with Slip Yoke Eliminator.
--Tom Woods Drive Shaft
Gears:
--Short 4.56 after market gears, ideal for off-roading,... and intimidating tiny hatchbacks on freeways.
Axles:
--Dana 35s Front and Rear
Differentials:
--Rear: Limited Slip; Front: Open
Suspension:
--Rubicon Express 5.5" Lift, installed 2007
Front Suspension:
--Rubicon Express LongArm Kit with Custom Bracket.
Rear Suspension:
--Rubicon Express Leaf Springs with Track Bar, Frame Brace, Steering Bar Brace, Stabilizer Bar with Quick Disconnects (for-offroading).
--ProComp End-Links.
Timpkin Bearing Front Hub Assembly

Wheels and Tires:
Weld Wheels ($300 each x 5); 16 x 10 Aluminum Billet
Tires: 35 1250 16 (315/75R16 metric) Nitto Terra Grapplers

Lights:
Four 6" ProComp roof rack floodlights.
Two 8" Hood-mounted floodlights (on separate circuit)

Winch:
Warn Winch 8,500 lbs, 5,000 static
w/ switch blocks.
No Winch Control

Exterior:
Custom Blue / Silver paint job
Defender Roof rack
Silver flame window tinting

Interior:
Custom flame patterning on doors / ceiling

Air Conditioning:
Upgraded from R12 to R134A

Sound system:
Alpine CDE-SXM145BT stereo head. AM/FM, CD, auxiliary audio stereo jack, Bluetooth (call and media audio) , SM satellite radio, USB / iPhone input.
10.1 speaker system
Two TMA T302.4 320W Amps by JL Audio
Alpine Subwoofer
Soundstream BX-10X digital bass machine

Investments made in Leviathan over the last 2 years:

Date Cost Thing Fixed / Replaced / Repaired
10/21/2013 $1,486 New Tires
10/28/13 $148 Window seals
1/25/2014 $510 Transmission service, cooler lines
1/26/14 $300 New Cooling system, radiator service, flush
2/23/14 $1,650 Valve Job, Gaskets
7/27/14 $680 A/C repair, L/F Hub Bearing, R/F Hub Bearing
8/27/14 $3,500 Rebuilt Transfer Case, Rebuilt Differential
10/2/14 $880 New Computer, Crank Sensor
2/16/2015 $770 Brake pads, rotors, drums, shoes
4/23/15 $800 Fuel Pump, Ignition Coil Pack
5/4/15 $850 Engine Main Seal, Engine Oil Pan
5/15/15 $193 Emergency Hazard Flasher Knob Install
6/13/15 $350 Repairs to pass Smog Test
7/26/15 $540 Brake cylinders and lines

Total Investment to Upgrades / Maintenance: $12,657

As with any project rig, Leviathan's new captain may wish to address a few small items - none of which affects its safety or your riding experience:
Front window cowling, wiper reservoir, door solenoids, speaker remounting.

Leviathan awaits your orders, Captain. Call today & take command.

tags: #ptcruiser #kastein #myautoshoprapedme

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lolin at "Leviathan"

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

quote:

Leviathan awaits your orders, Captain. Call today & take command.
Guarantee his post in m4m ends the exact same way.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

"next level adventures"
Adventures in replacing blown differentials on the trailway to the 7-11 down the block are indeed next level, bro.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 28, 2015

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Ville Valo posted:

Guarantee his post in m4m ends the exact same way.

Ahahahah you are so right.

Tommychu posted:

"next level adventures"
Adventures in replacing blown differentials on the trailway to the 7-11 down the block are indeed next level, bro.

That's the one that really got me - ignoring the fact that you can't have D35s in the front, the mere fact that he listed two of them as some kind of plus tells you all you need to know. I don't see it now, but I swear that when I first saw that listing it said something about being "designed by the mind of a JPL Engineer" or something like that - there's a NASA sticker in the photo so I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly. $100 says the seller is late-fifties, wears cargo shorts and the universal socks/birkenstock combo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Should get a great return on his investments, right? It's only fair.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Wow. Just... wow.

$880 for a computer and a crank sensor is very telling. This guy pays shops to do literally everything and his shop either has no loving idea what they are doing, or is intentionally fleecing him, or both. I guarandamntee all it needed was a crank sensor that time.

E: I am in the wrong line of work. Holy poo poo those are some great labor rates and profit margins.

The Swinemaster
Dec 28, 2005

I'm in love with this freaky little truck conversion:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/reluctant-sale_25864745?trending1

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

what the gently caress are those trash barrels in the back

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

E: I am in the wrong line of work. Holy poo poo those are some great labor rates and profit margins.

No you're not. Would you seriously want to deal with idiots like that on a daily basis?

A guy I know that ran a Miata specific shop just closed up recently, pretty sure it was because he was going insane.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

leica posted:

No you're not. Would you seriously want to deal with idiots like that on a daily basis?

A guy I know that ran a Miata specific shop just closed up recently, pretty sure it was because he was going insane.

If it means taking all of their money sure.

Some details:
Date Cost Thing Fixed / Replaced / Repaired
10/21/2013 $1,486 New Tires
- those tires retail for $216 each at walmart. Add 30 each for balancing and assume 5 of them, $256 profit off maybe an hour of work.
10/28/13 $148 Window seals
- this might be reasonably fair and is kinda annoying to do.
1/25/2014 $510 Transmission service, cooler lines
- 12 quarts of dex/merc and 90 dollars in cooler lines, takes an hour or two. Probably 300+ in profit.
1/26/14 $300 New Cooling system, radiator service, flush
- fair
2/23/14 $1,650 Valve Job, Gaskets
- buy preloaded head from wherever for like 500, spend 4 hours, make 1100 bucks.
7/27/14 $680 A/C repair, L/F Hub Bearing, R/F Hub Bearing
- assuming AC repair was "fill it with R134a" and those bearings are 36-75 each. ~500 profit in 1.5 hours.
8/27/14 $3,500 Rebuilt Transfer Case, Rebuilt Differential
- diff rebuild is like 8 hours, tcase is like 4-6. 500 or so in parts unless regearing.
10/2/14 $880 New Computer, Crank Sensor
- 50 dollar computer at the junkyard that doesn't need to be bought anyways, 50 dollar sensor, 30 minutes. 5 minutes if replacing just the sensor. I've timed myself. 780 profit
2/16/2015 $770 Brake pads, rotors, drums, shoes
- ~150 materials, 1-1.5 hours work. 600 profit
4/23/15 $800 Fuel Pump, Ignition Coil Pack
- I bet it just needed the coil. But doing both of these takes about an hour and costs ~100 in materials. 700 profit
5/4/15 $850 Engine Main Seal, Engine Oil Pan
- this is a poo poo job but I would still do it for that price, figure 4 hours and ~700 profit.
5/15/15 $193 Emergency Hazard Flasher Knob Install
- fair-ish.
6/13/15 $350 Repairs to pass Smog Test
- no idea.
7/26/15 $540 Brake cylinders and lines
- 20 bucks in materials and an hour. 500+ profit.

yeah, I would do that, even including shop rent, insurance, etc. Those are some drat good margins.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

fyodor posted:

what the gently caress are those trash barrels in the back

probably for holding fish, judging by what are presumably fishing rod holders on the back of the cab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

yeah, I would do that, even including shop rent, insurance, etc. Those are some drat good margins.

Would you be taking home more than you are now or could potentially make in your current field? Being an electrical engineer sounds like a much better career imo.

Yeah the margins look good, but isn't the problem the whole "making your hobby a business" thing? I'm sure everyone in AI including myself would support you going into it, but at the same time we'd be worried about your sanity coming out of it :v: