Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Can you option 500s to not have body-color dash panels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ehud posted:

:hfive:

It's a cool and good car. Getting the itch to do a couple of things to it soon. Looking at intake and ECU mods. You done anything to yours?

Ive done a roadrace ultimate 3 ecu piggyback, sila concepts cai, madness go pedal, and madness short shifter.

The go pedal and short shifter made the biggest difference in driving fun, even though they add zero power. The roadrace piggyback added a fuckload of power, but I really suggest go pedal first and foremost. You'll wonder why the hell the car didn't come like that from the factory.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kimbo305 posted:

Can you option 500s to not have body-color dash panels?

Nope.

I stole the red panel out of my wife's 500 to put in my abarth, and covered my grey panel in fake carbon fiber to put inside hers.

I did the same with her red mirror caps.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
New winter beater, same as the old winter beater (in name only). 2008 Ford Ranger FX4 Offroad. Manual, v6, 4x4, power windows, central locking and sweet-rear end jump seats. Way too many kilometers, and paid too much for it.

Replacing the 1998 ranger that probably won't pass safety. A lot of fun, super underpowered 4 cylinder, manual transmission, RWD, pulls hard right under breaking, never aligned properly in the 3 years I had it, has trouble going up hills in the rain, vibrates wildly when the AC is on... the list goes on. I'll miss it. What a trooper it was.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

eyebeem posted:

Ive done a roadrace ultimate 3 ecu piggyback, sila concepts cai, madness go pedal, and madness short shifter.

The go pedal and short shifter made the biggest difference in driving fun, even though they add zero power. The roadrace piggyback added a fuckload of power, but I really suggest go pedal first and foremost. You'll wonder why the hell the car didn't come like that from the factory.

Thanks for the heads up. I got some saving to do before I can add any mods, but you've got me all amped up about it now.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Went for a drive up Angeles Crest on what I'm told is fresh tarmac, great drive.

Also heh

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

please tell me you were wearing a ///m track suit as well

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Powershift posted:

please tell me you were wearing a ///m track suit as well

M track suit with M cufflinks wearing an M hat with an M bike in the trunk

Are there M belts, I need to get an M belt

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Awesome. A gorgeous car like that needs a gorgeous driver. Now the only question is when you're getting the stripes put on.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Forget the car, the other M6 is stealing all the shine. :gizz:

What do you keep on it?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Yeah they've been doing a lot of roadwork on the Crest over the last few years. Upper Big Tujunga is super smooth... I have to really watch my speed motorcycling thru there because you can get real agressive on the corners and not worry about bumps.

Beautiful M6 as well, the color rules.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

365 Nog Hogger posted:

What do you keep on it?

It's always between a 50 1.1 Nokon and a 28 Elmarit

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Randuin posted:

It's always between a 50 1.1 Nokon and a 28 Elmarit

Nice, I remember being very jealous of the 1.1 when I had a Nokton 50/1.5.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Randuin posted:

Went for a drive up Angeles Crest on what I'm told is fresh tarmac, great drive.

Also heh

Manual or automatic? It's a great cruiser, looks great too. Although after driving one felt like it needed polyurethane bushings everywhere and much larger/stickier tires.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Das Volk posted:

Manual or automatic? It's a great cruiser, looks great too. Although after driving one felt like it needed polyurethane bushings everywhere and much larger/stickier tires.

DCT. As a daily driver in LA, I'm thankful. From what I've heard from other drivers though. I made the right choice.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Randuin posted:

Also heh

This is beautiful. Do a burnout.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

Randuin posted:

Are you up there often? If so is there a section of road or time you prefer?

I've tried going early on a weekend, but inevitably get stuck behind cars driving super slow because they're looking for a trailhead. Big Tujunga seems to have far less traffic from my limited experience.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

ynotony posted:

I've tried going early on a weekend, but inevitably get stuck behind cars driving super slow because they're looking for a trailhead. Big Tujunga seems to have far less traffic from my limited experience.

I don't get over to that side much and am also interested in the best times/sections to avoid crowds...

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

ynotony posted:

I'm not up there often at all. Although I'd like to be back again soon. I was there around 2pm and was stuck behind a Prius briefly but I just stopped by to catch the sights for like 10 minutes and set off again with no interruptions.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I went over the whole pass one on a weekday afternoon in June (East to West one way) and saw like 5 cars after Big Pines, including a bigass plow that was going around pushing loose gravel out of the road.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Seik posted:

New winter beater, same as the old winter beater (in name only). 2008 Ford Ranger FX4 Offroad. Manual, v6, 4x4, power windows, central locking and sweet-rear end jump seats. Way too many kilometers, and paid too much for it.

Replacing the 1998 ranger that probably won't pass safety. A lot of fun, super underpowered 4 cylinder, manual transmission, RWD, pulls hard right under breaking, never aligned properly in the 3 years I had it, has trouble going up hills in the rain, vibrates wildly when the AC is on... the list goes on. I'll miss it. What a trooper it was.

This is the best thing. I want one so badly (to replace my wrecked ranger) but alas, the fiance said "gently caress NO"
I got a Sport Trac instead :ssh:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
As mentioned in the chat thread, the new jet:

The stable as it currently stands.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Ehud posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I got some saving to do before I can add any mods, but you've got me all amped up about it now.

Definitely consider doing Neuspeed springs. I ran H&R's on my '12 Abarth and the Neuspeeds on my '13 - huge difference between the two IMO. I was shocked I preferred the Neuspeeds, namely due to a more even ride height (H&R has a slight rake) and the increased spring stiffness.

As for an intake, I only ever did the EuroCompulsion V3 intake. I didn't want any blow off types of noises but wanted some increased performance. Just my $0.02, enjoy the car- they are a blast!

365 Nog Hogger posted:

What do you keep on it?

:ohdear:...Am I the only one who prefers the 4 door M6 over the 2 door? I think it's utterly sexy.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

So... an M5?

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This is the best thing. I want one so badly (to replace my wrecked ranger) but alas, the fiance said "gently caress NO"
I got a Sport Trac instead :ssh:

Why would she say no?! Is it the terrible safety scores, MPG, NVH or cool factor? Those are all unimportant! What's important is how loving boss they are to slide around in winter, and how reasonably sized they are. Also, cloth seats! :woop:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Raluek posted:

So... an M5?

No, just to confuse you, BMW also makes the M6 Gran Coupe - which contrary to what words mean is actually a sedan:

... it's also the prettiest BMW in spite of being a 6 figure behemoth with no rear headroom. I'd drive it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Agg :wtc:

I thought a 6 was just a 2-door 5. So a 6 "coupe" is a sedan version of the coupe version of the sedan? Christ, Germany.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's the saturn ion of bmws

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah but Saturns can't dent.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tremek posted:

No, just to confuse you, BMW also makes the M6 Gran Coupe - which contrary to what words mean is actually a sedan:

... it's also the prettiest BMW in spite of being a 6 figure behemoth with no rear headroom. I'd drive it.

:agreed: it is the prettiest BMW they offer currently. And it has a factory 6-speed option....I can't wait for these to be like $10k in 5 years. :getin:

Raluek posted:

I thought a 6 was just a 2-door 5. So a 6 "coupe" is a sedan version of the coupe version of the sedan? Christ, Germany.

Yea, their poo poo is all hosed up over there and it makes my head hurt but I love it in the case of the M6 Gran Coupe. :swoon:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah but Saturns can't dent.

Dents are better than holes in the door.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Raluek posted:

I dare you to look up the 2 series.

But also the 6 isn't really a coupe version of the 5, it has entirely different interior and exterior styling, not just less doors. The 6 is closer to the 7 then the 5. Calling it a 2 door 7 would be more accurate imo.

edit: nambers

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Strangely enough I totally agree that the 6 Gran Coupe is one of their best looking current models. I saw an M6 Gran Coupe in black at night parked but running at a valet stand and was blown away. Looked so mean and aggressive yet curvy and ... Sensual? That got weird.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I drove a S63 M6 Grand Coupe and it was uh.. very fast

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Don't forget the 4-series gran coupe which is a much prettier 3-series.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Isn't there a 4 door 4 series as well? BMW has gone full retarded with their naming schemes.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Comrade Flynn posted:

Isn't there a 4 door 4 series as well? BMW has gone full retarded with their naming schemes.

Yeah there is a 4 series Gran Coupe.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
If you think of the model lines as body styles rather then "4 door / 2 door" it makes more sense. The even numbers look like coupes rather then necessarily being 2 door. It's all about the rear really, do you want your 3 series with a trunk or a hatch that opens wide?

Also the 4 Gran Coupe and 6 Gran Coupe are the best looking BMW's for sale right now.

Now the 2 series Active Tourer on the other hand...

Yes i can see the resemblance.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 26, 2015

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
My coupe is a trunk and not a hatch that opens wide :(

I have a friend with the 4 series Gran Coupe and I'm jealous of the powered hatch every time.

I don't think they offer the Gran Coupe as an M4 though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
I went from a 378,911 mile 2000 Honda Accord V6 to this: