Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Wow, she really DID deserve that Oscar! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Choco1980 posted:

Her makeup artist did, at least.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Screaming Idiot posted:

Her makeup artist did, at least.

I don't remember that part of Cloud Atlas.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wow, the NYP genuinely made a rape joke their cover. Ok then

That's pretty normal for them:

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/12/03/the-most-ridiculous-new-york-post-headlines-over-the-years/

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

That is the look of a man pondering where he went wrong

"Hmm...Next time...Next time will be different. But how? How can I make this better? I know! I'll use a knife next time! That will fix it! I'm so smart."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lucky the girlfriend didn't take a self defense class, or else he'd probably be shot right now.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Choco1980 posted:

Lucky the girlfriend didn't take a self defense class, or else he'd probably be shot right now.

I'd have gone right to the 16 ton weight myself.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Choco1980 posted:

Suppose he had a bunch?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Piqued Pupil Pleads for Protection from Point-ed Sticks

e:

I choose to read the caption as an equivalent to "turn down for what?"

Thermos H Christ has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Aug 24, 2015

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Abbott being Australias PM

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What's stranger: that a man attacked someone with a banana, or that he managed to do it in such a way as to qualify for a news piece and (presumably) mugshot?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

Man dies after being run over by WWII tank on Jelly Belly chairman's property

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

So, the Onion has a sports column?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Alabaster White posted:

What's stranger: that a man attacked someone with a banana, or that he managed to do it in such a way as to qualify for a news piece and (presumably) mugshot?

Never underestimate the superpowers of FloridaMan.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It really is a vicious circle.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Not what I expected, figured she tried to microwave an egg inside an eggplant and it exploded, taking her titties clean off. Better visual IMHO.

Choco1980 posted:

Oscar Meyer, maybe

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

I was not gonna get high, but then I got high.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

...Toby Maguire?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Leroy Dennui posted:

...Toby Maguire?

He prefers Tugboat Maguire.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/6-times-tobey-maguire-had-public-meltdown-because--2471

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is all about Florida Man.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
"Ex-KKK member told he can't use hatred of Jews as murder defense"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

genetic_knockout posted:

Holy poo poo. I thought you were making a joke.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/24/ex-kkk-member-told-he-cant-use-hatred-of-jews-as-murder-defence

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Yeah I don't think this guy gets what not guilty means. To the surprise of no one, he is also representing himself:

"Frazier Glenn Cross, 74, a former senior member of the Ku Klux Klan, is representing himself in the capital murder case and sought to explain to jurors the multiple reasons he hates Jewish people.

'If I can't explain why I did it then I have no chance of being found not guilty,' Cross told Johnson County District Court Judge Thomas Kelly Ryan after Ryan halted Cross' opening statement and ordered jurors to leave the courtroom."

:cripes:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

genetic_knockout posted:

He should have said he thought he was gay and used the gay panic defense which is still in place in parts of Australia.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

For someone not well versed in how courts work, why would a judge advise someone not to incriminate themselves? Isn't that what the defense attorney is for? I mean he's representing himself but is it common for a judge to offer advice like that?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

He should have said he thought he was gay and used the gay panic defense which is still in place in parts of Australia.

And in 49 US states! :911:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Aesop Poprock posted:

For someone not well versed in how courts work, why would a judge advise someone not to incriminate themselves? Isn't that what the defense attorney is for? I mean he's representing himself but is it common for a judge to offer advice like that?

The judge stopped him because the NWO conspiracy hatched by the Rothschild's or whatever crazy poo poo he was ranting about isn't relevant to "did you kill this man yes or no".

But like it says in the article he can ramble about hating Jews all he wants when they get to sentencing.

Edit: lol this guy is great

quote:

Eight people testified on Monday, including three Cross is accused of firing upon.

When witness Paul Temme said he had been shot at once, Cross corrected him. "There were two shots," Cross said.

Wicked Them Beats has a new favorite as of 06:21 on Aug 26, 2015

LosMein
Feb 15, 2006
Also,

quote:

None of the victims were Jewish.

So.... how would that defense work?

holttho
May 21, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

The judge is there for everyone's benefit, not just the prosecutor. As you have the right not to incriminate/testify against yourself, his job is to ensure a fair trial that is above reproach.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

holttho posted:

The judge is there for everyone's benefit, not just the prosecutor. As you have the right not to incriminate/testify against yourself, his job is to ensure a fair trial that is above reproach.

No matter how much you try to make it otherwise.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Shnicker posted:

Also,

So.... how would that defense work?

He never claimed to be a good shot.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

cock hero flux posted:

He never claimed to be a good shot.

But he did say:

Anti-Semitic Fuckhead posted:

I did it and I'm proud of it. I planned it. I plotted it. I schemed it

and

Anti-Semitic Fuckhead posted:

Have you formed an opinion about what kind of people I was shooting at?

...so, either he just doesn't give a gently caress who he shot, so long as they were roughly in the vicinity of something Jewish, or nobody's told him that he in no way turned back the tide of the Worldwide Zionist Conspiracy.

I prefer to believe the latter. And that they're going to reveal it to him in the midst of the trial, so that even he gets the tiniest idea of what a loser he is.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
It must be fun to be a business writer in Southeast Asia. Today's headline: Firm dong weighs on Vietnam rubber exports

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Important sports news:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I hope nobody forgets.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I respect this woman and her incredible liver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I respect the flight attendants that inevitably had to clean that poo poo up.