Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Haven't seen this posted but but feels it should be mentioned since he was slated to be one of the highest scoring kickers. Barth has been released by Denver. McManus will take over the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Beer, quick question: Is Bell's suspension 'priced' into his value rating? That is basically the main thing I am going by, if I am doing it right.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

It's a money league, but not huge money.

The latest is that I've managed to get a couple other people to see this for the bullshit that it is, and they are likely going to say something to the commissioner too. He's just been ignoring me, but hopefully he can't just ignore a third of the league. If he does I'm dropping out.

Even if he straightens it out, he has proven to be a lovely commissioner. I would ask/insist that the league agree upon procedures to rule/scoring changes so it doesn't happen again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Well if you are not good at Fantasy Football make a league where only you can understand the scoring system!

I win my league every year by changing the scoring after the draft. This year I'm letting people start 3 kickers and they are the only position who gets points. I have 6 rostered. :getin:

Michael Corleone posted:

That is why I made everything standardish in mine and talked to my Co Coms before finalizing the settings.

In reality, every offseason I send out a questionnaire asking for any rules change suggestions. I then confer with my two Co-Commishs and we discuss which ones could be implemented and then league vote those ones over the Summer.

edit: Any rule change should be presented to the league and a mandatory vote on it should happen, especially when it's stupid bs like .125 pts per yd and crap.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 26, 2015

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Suave Fedora posted:

My work league commish, who has been at the bottom for two years straight, wanted to push through a change to make the league QB QB, with the implied reasoning that he would win the draft by grabbing two great QBs early while everyone else focused on RB/WR. Being the fantasy provocateur and maven that I am, I informed the team managers of his ulterior motives and he was promptly voted down.

For some reason, we play in a 2QB league as well. Can you really win going QB/QB? It seems like really only Luck and Rodgers in the first round, but if I'm reading Beersheets correctly, even Kaepernick has more value than a lot of position players. Thoughts?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Mr. BT posted:

For some reason, we play in a 2QB league as well. Can you really win going QB/QB? It seems like really only Luck and Rodgers in the first round, but if I'm reading Beersheets correctly, even Kaepernick has more value than a lot of position players. Thoughts?

Win? Who knows but generally, QBs score more points than any other position so it should make sense to pick up the two best QBs you can as quickly as possible (unless, of course, the only remaining QBs are worse than the best positional player available).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
But, if you really want to win the league, make QB eligible for the flex spot and load up!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr. BT posted:

A combination of Luck + Rodgers/Wilson/T2 QB will keep your team at the top of the league rankings. Unless you have the ability to pick up a T1 RB or WR, I would grab the best available QB in rounds 2 or 3. In a 10-team league, you don't want to be the guy trotting out the 20th best QB as your QB2. This year that would be Dalton/Cutler.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Mr. BT posted:

I've been in a 2QB league for 7 years now. It's possible to win going QB/QB, but most of the time you need a balanced team, or you end up crushed on bye weeks when you start garbage for RB and WR.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Is there a site that lets you plug in custom settings for points and give auction values? Fftoolbox used to do this, but with its change to scout.com a ton of the functionality is gone (I can't sort by points after changing settings, for example)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that rodgers and garbage for lacy/hill/tannehill was cancelled immediately and the two guys (one of whom is the commish) just said "haha just keepin people on their toes, fooled you"

way to be a pro troll I guess

in my other league I guess it'd be dumb not to put one of my two keeper spots for Travis Kelce in the 8th; fucker got picked up so late that it's a steal. Really too bad that I can't keep my 9th-round Kelvin Benjamin. I want to keep Dez but man, I feel I need the 1st and 2nd free to prioritize whatever QB is left...all the good ones will be kept already and my QBs were Stafford/Cutler last year, ugh. I just really need to grab someone like Romo quick before I'm hosed.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

ZIGfried posted:

WR handcuffs are dumb and so are handcuff handcuffs. Get rid of Ty and Ball first. Hillman and McFadden still might have stand alone value and are pretty much priority handcuffs if they don't

Montgomery is the #3 WR for the Packers right now, I would tend to think he's a reasonable bottom of the roster speculation pick even if I didn't have Adams.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

One of my leagues is now 0.5 PPR...but it's now also 0.5 per rushing attempt too. Does this warrant submitting for a custom beer sheet or does that not matter? Draft is in a week :ohdear:

E: there's no field for it on the custom request form oh no!!

winvirus fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 26, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

.5 points per rushing attempt? That's ludicrous. Get it changed.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
The reasoning behind rewarding 0.5 points per rushing attempt is beyond me

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I'm fine with ludicrous rules in a dumb $10 league with coworkers as long as I can abuse it for maxxxx value

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

winvirus posted:

One of my leagues is now 0.5 PPR...but it's now also 0.5 per rushing attempt too. Does this warrant submitting for a custom beer sheet or does that not matter? Draft is in a week :ohdear:

I'd say RB's are more valuable;e since not only do some of them catch balls. They get half a point just for running even negative yards. If it was 0.5 points per target it might be a different story. I'd favor RBs in this one.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My league is -0.07 per rushing attempt and 13 yards per point, so it works out that any carry needs to be for positive yards or you lose points. I put in a request for a BeerSheet a few days ago but i just figured that I would know to give a slight bump any players who I figure plan to see majority of their team's carries.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'd say RB's are more valuable;e since not only do some of them catch balls. They get half a point just for running even negative yards. If it was 0.5 points per target it might be a different story. I'd favor RBs in this one.

Over 10 points for a 'bell cow' back at least, even if he gets zero yards, draft all the RBs!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

winvirus posted:

This drastically increases RB values, especially bellcow RB values. poo poo's ridiculous. The table below is 0.5 PPR, 0.5 points per carry, 0.1 per yard, and no penalty for fumbles, FYI.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Hahaha wow okay i think I'll just PM Beer then since it seems I need a sheet but I can't mark it on the form. Thanks!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Zypher posted:

The reasoning behind rewarding 0.5 points per rushing attempt is beyond me

My first year in my work league we had 1 point per QB completion. I complained to the commissioner and he didn't change it so I drafted Drew Brees in the second and won all my matches by like thirty points.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Is fantasypros mock draft team ranker severely flawed because every mock I do it ranks my team #1. My draft strategy is set in stone but im doubting whether im actually getting good teams or if im just exploiting their AI.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I dunno but they hate my drafts. :bahgawd:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

TommyGun85 posted:

Is fantasypros mock draft team ranker severely flawed because every mock I do it ranks my team #1. My draft strategy is set in stone but im doubting whether im actually getting good teams or if im just exploiting their AI.

They're only grading based on their aggregate. If you create your own rankings/cheat sheets, you can get a more accurate rating based on your personal expectations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Michael Corleone posted:

Beer, quick question: Is Bell's suspension 'priced' into his value rating? That is basically the main thing I am going by, if I am doing it right.

Yes.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
My first year ever playing fantasy football the commish wanted a 'high-score' league, so it was 1PPR, .5PPC, no negatives and bonuses on nearly everything. 50 yard rushing or receiving? +5 point bonus. 100 yard game, +10 points. Rushes and catches over 20 yards got a bonus, passes over 25 got a bonus. Even kickers got a 2x point bonus for long kicks. Scores were usually in the 250's to low 300s per game and I thought that's how all fantasy football was played.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Prophecy120 posted:

My first year ever playing fantasy football the commish wanted a 'high-score' league, so it was 1PPR, .5PPC, no negatives and bonuses on nearly everything. 50 yard rushing or receiving? +5 point bonus. 100 yard game, +10 points. Rushes and catches over 20 yards got a bonus, passes over 25 got a bonus. Even kickers got a 2x point bonus for long kicks. Scores were usually in the 250's to low 300s per game and I thought that's how all fantasy football was played.

About 5 years back I commished a monster league:

2 QB
4 WR
3 RB
1 TE
1 K

3 DL
4 LB
4 DB
1 team def

also it was .5 PPR, rest was standard scoring + standard IDP scoring.

180-250 was the usual score.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Prophecy120 posted:

Sounds like the Calvinball league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nothing makes me angrier in fantasy football than stories about commissioners abusing power for their own gain, it's loving unreal. I was in a championship game and the commissioner was playing me and I won but he went back and retroactively changed the scoring to include half sacks which we hadn't counted all year so that he would win. Two days later a mutual friend told me that he was so confident he'd win that he spent the fantasy prize money on cocaine.

Needless to say I left the league and the friendship. All owners who pull this kind of poo poo deserve castration.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Just started my 12 team full PPR draft. I had pick 4. So far...

1) Antonio Brown
2) Randall Cobb
3) Lesean McCoy

So I think I'm doing okay so far. :)

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

kiimo posted:

Nothing makes me angrier in fantasy football than stories about commissioners abusing power for their own gain, it's loving unreal. I was in a championship game and the commissioner was playing me and I won but he went back and retroactively changed the scoring to include half sacks which we hadn't counted all year so that he would win. Two days later a mutual friend told me that he was so confident he'd win that he spent the fantasy prize money on cocaine.

Needless to say I left the league and the friendship. All owners who pull this kind of poo poo deserve castration.

That warrants a massive beating more than anything

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

kiimo posted:

Lol you had a cokehead be in charge of a pay league.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Well at least he spent it on something sensible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

jabro posted:

Lol you had a cokehead be in charge of a pay league.

This was in the year of our lord 1999 and it was a different century, a different time.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

kiimo posted:

Man, I swear to God, the commish in a league I played in adjusted the roster and let someone the scored like 20 points in to the other guys lineup to replace a dud. I was refreshing all day and know he hosed it up. I knew him too b/c we worked together, and questioned him, he denied everything, but I got like a ton of good keepers moved to me so it was all bs anyway and I haven't seen the dude in like 8 years. Anyway, I have 1 Fantasy Championship to my name in a 'real', ie; competitive league, I don't care what anyone says.

FE; Because I won the Championship Game without him editing the lineup. FML.

Real Edit; didn't even read your post, but wow, same story, just read the first line. This dude I was playing wasn't the commish, the commished changed it for him, or he hacked yahoo in like 2005.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 27, 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

We do co-commissioning in my work league. My friend is in charge of setting up the draft day and I'm in charge of collecting the fees. We both make rulings on trades/issues so it doesn't seem one sided. It worked great until last year where I let my friend collect the fees instead of me.

Queue five of the fourteen people not paying up until three weeks after the championship and my friend blowing the rest of the money on partying. My friend didn't get paid for his second place win til months later. Taught me to collect the money each time from now on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets Wednesday Edition!

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Hell yeah I draft Friday and wasnt sure you would have the Friday update in by the time we start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I submitted a custom request a couple days ago and it's not in here. Will it be in the Friday update?

Btw, youre doing the Lord's work

• Locked thread