Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If that means Rhino is The Rock, I am okay with that.

vvv I don't give a rat's rear end, they are not ghosts:argh:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A Resident Evil clone set in a Warframe setting would be pretty rad.
It's still not ghost bullshit :colbert: mad science and horrible mutations, yes.

It's ghosts in the sense of nonphysical entities, not supernatural ones.

Vor is a space ghost.

Tenno are space ghosts.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Denzine posted:

Tenno are space ghosts.

And they go to a Sealab!

No sign of any bird lawyers though.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Denzine posted:

It's ghosts in the sense of nonphysical entities, not supernatural ones.

Vor is a space ghost.

Tenno are space ghosts.

My understanding is that the Zariman kids were basically turned into space ghosts during their time in the void (hence why they thought it was empty) and the Warframes were created to house them. It's all a bit iffy though, there's a lot that implies that the kids were still corporeal in some form (Rhino's entry etc) and then there's the whole "are the powers tied to the frame (Rhino entry implies this) or the ghost (Ember entry implies this)" thing. Unsure if DE themselves have thought it all the way through or if they're just iterating as time goes by.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If that means Rhino is The Rock, I am okay with that.

Nah, Rhino's Brock Lesnar.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If they ever show what Tenno looks like under the frames and they are the pretty anime waifus that everyone on deviantart think Tenno look like I will uninstall the game and never play it again.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

My understanding is that the Zariman kids were basically turned into space ghosts during their time in the void (hence why they thought it was empty) and the Warframes were created to house them. It's all a bit iffy though, there's a lot that implies that the kids were still corporeal in some form (Rhino's entry etc) and then there's the whole "are the powers tied to the frame (Rhino entry implies this) or the ghost (Ember entry implies this)" thing. Unsure if DE themselves have thought it all the way through or if they're just iterating as time goes by.

Isn't the Rhino like, the actual meaty warframe evangelion rampaging around until it gets into range of a zariman kid who automatically takes control of it?

I think warframes are living creatures like evangelions and the pilots are lizard baby ghosts who control them from a distance.

e: like that's why the warframes have genders separate from the tenno and Lotus tells you Salad is gonna dissect your warframe and not you... makes you think... messed up if true...

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 26, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Ghostframe :spooky:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Nah, Rhino's Brock Lesnar.

Excuse you, Rhino is obviously Mark Henry.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you guys aren't watching the Quiette Shy videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=918DKE7rk0Y

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

FlocksOfMice posted:

Isn't the Rhino like, the actual meaty warframe evangelion rampaging around until it gets into range of a zariman kid who automatically takes control of it?

I think warframes are living creatures like evangelions and the pilots are lizard baby ghosts who control them from a distance.

e: like that's why the warframes have genders separate from the tenno and Lotus tells you Salad is gonna dissect your warframe and not you... makes you think... messed up if true...

Take away all the stupid ghost bullshit and I could get behind this. Like seriously why is "Proto-Rhino was a hella-mutated kid who realized how hosed up he was when he got to the pod room" so much harder to accept than ":ghost::ghost::ghost:" ?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I still prefer the Infested from a couple years ago that were loving terrifying when you saw the slow, lumbering ancients on abandoned ships. I thought it was going to be more like an actual space ninja game where you'll need to be really careful. Now, they're just more meatshields to mow down in the pretty princess Serious Sam cyborgs in space simulator. The early game against Infested of being completely underpowered against something you hardly know how to kill made it seem a lot more like Dead Space than some random shooter. Stalker kind of took that spot pretty quickly as your started getting better mods, but who do we have to fear now really besides RNGesus?

Sandweed posted:

If they ever show what Tenno looks like under the frames and they are the pretty anime waifus that everyone on deviantart think Tenno look like I will uninstall the game and never play it again.
I'm going to :toxx: myself on that.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Take away all the stupid ghost bullshit and I could get behind this. Like seriously why is "Proto-Rhino was a hella-mutated kid who realized how hosed up he was when he got to the pod room" so much harder to accept than ":ghost::ghost::ghost:" ?

The :ghost: theory has a practical example in :ghost: Vor.

:ghost: theory also explains why Warframes are treated as equippable objects in all Warframe quests so far.

Mainly though it's fun. to see you squirm.

necrobobsledder posted:

I still prefer the Infested from a couple years ago that were loving terrifying when you saw the slow, lumbering ancients on abandoned ships. I thought it was going to be more like an actual space ninja game where you'll need to be really careful. Now, they're just more meatshields to mow down in the pretty princess Serious Sam cyborgs in space simulator. The early game against Infested of being completely underpowered against something you hardly know how to kill made it seem a lot more like Dead Space than some random shooter. Stalker kind of took that spot pretty quickly as your started getting better mods, but who do we have to fear now really besides RNGesus?
I'm going to :toxx: myself on that.

It was always a horde shooter, stealth never worked properly.

also if they are animes I'll be very disappointed.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I haven't bothered getting involved in lorechat so I might be missing some key bit of context here, by why are you so aggressively opposed to the Space Ghost idea? People don't literally mean fuckin poltergeists, the idea is the Zariman kids got turned into energy beings when they got voided and can manipulate frames due to being able to inhabit them as a vessel, which isn't a huge stretch in the kind of Sci-Fi Warframe is. It's kinda like the big twist in the Bureau, if anybody in here ever played that.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 26, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Denzine posted:

also if they are animes I'll be very disappointed.

I think we can all agree on this.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

quote:

Space Ghosts

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 26, 2015

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I like to think they're spindly horrors like the poo poo that popped out of the far side of the Enigma at Amigara Fault. Look at Limbo's gangly rear end limbs, vs the skinnier female frames, vs Frost's head stopping at his forehead. Only way I can imagine something physical inhabiting all of those is if it's either a shapeshifter or a floppy monstrosity.

Basically, Tenno are realll ugly. That's why they're so pissed at the Orokin.

Edit: found a pic of a Tenno without armor, linked for slight :nms: http://i.imgur.com/dtGEFWj.jpg

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 26, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

I haven't bothered getting involved in lorechat so I might be missing some key bit of context here, by why are you so aggressively opposed to the Space Ghost idea? People don't literally mean fuckin poltergeists, the idea is the Zariman kids got turned into energy beings when they got voided and can manipulate frames due to being able to inhabit them as a vessel, which isn't a huge stretch in the kind of Sci-Fi Warframe is. It's kinda like the big twist in the Bureau, if anybody in here ever played that.

Because there isn't one single shred of evidence to support this theory beyond "OMG it stopped when it saw the kids :aaaaa:". Vor isn't an energy being, he's a zombie continually taped back together by his Janus key every time we slice him open again. I won't comment on the frame-swapping itself because DE can't make up their minds about that either, but they are not goddamned ghosts, of poltergeist or energy being variety.

Their whole bit is that they're the poor bastards who got sent into the screaming hellscape of The Void and came back changed.

Various Goons posted:

All that said, I liked the Sentients better when I pictured them like the Replicators from Stargate; continually updating themselves with whatever new high tech the Orokin threw at them, and it took them downgrading to gun/blade poo poo that they were too 'high tech' to dumb back down to to kick their asses.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 26, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Aren't frames a good bit taller than relay tennos? Might be that our head is in the upper chest region rather than in the well, head. Since the head is a giant weak spot.

Or gently caress it, might as well just be Ghost in the Shell tier cyberbrains, the orokin would have been at a technology tier where that'd be possible, would also explain frame swapping pretty easily.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 26, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't think those are Tenno in the relays, I think those are just normal non-powered humans. Why they aren't rear end-ugly like the Grineer? Hell if I know.

E: I mean, the Corpus are (relatively) normal looking under their doofy hats, so there are at least some people still around who are still relatively normal.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
The Grineer were genetically re-engineered (g'rineered) clone slave labor that rebelled with the help of the twin Orokin sisters, as described by that one poem. Grineer look hosed up cuz their cloning vats are malfunctioning. The normal looking people look normal because they are. By the standards of the time period, anyway.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't think those are Tenno in the relays, I think those are just normal non-powered humans. Why they aren't rear end-ugly like the Grineer? Hell if I know.

E: I mean, the Corpus are (relatively) normal looking under their doofy hats, so there are at least some people still around who are still relatively normal.

And the Steel meridian are protecting some sort of collection of not-Grineer(I assume) colonies, that's where I assume the neutral normal people live.

Also

Malachite_Dragon posted:

All that said, I liked the Sentients better when I pictured them like the ReplicatorsBorg from Stargate Trek; continually updating themselves with whatever new high tech the Orokin Federation threw at them, and it took them downgrading to gun/blade poo poo that they were too 'high tech' to dumb back down to to kick their asses.

I could've have made a "It's ah FARgate" joke to continue the AS theme, but whatever.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A fair point :v: On the Smilie front,

quote:

both exceed the size limitations :( 10kb, 90x25.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because there isn't one single shred of evidence to support this theory beyond "OMG it stopped when it saw the kids :aaaaa:". Vor isn't an energy being, he's a zombie continually taped back together by his Janus key every time we slice him open again. I won't comment on the frame-swapping itself because DE can't make up their minds about that either, but they are not goddamned ghosts, of poltergeist or energy being variety.

So how does Vor keep talking after we kill him?

quote:

Their whole bit is that they're the poor bastards who got sent into the screaming hellscape of The Void and came back changed.
.... Into :ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost: :v:

quote:

All that said, I liked the Sentients better when I pictured them like the Replicators from Stargate; continually updating themselves with whatever new high tech the Orokin threw at them, and it took them downgrading to gun/blade poo poo that they were too 'high tech' to dumb back down to to kick their asses.

They are. They just stop being able to replicate when they go through the Void, which is the only way to get to the Origin system quickly. You should do the Natah quest.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Look at loki Prime's back. Tenno are nasty arachnid lookin things that attach to the spinal column of the warframes. They look like a Facehugger when they're not driving around a warframe. That's my theory and I'm stickin to it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Denzine posted:

So how does Vor keep talking after we kill him?
The same way all the other rear end in a top hat bosses keep talking at us :v: He cheats.

quote:

.... Into :ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost: :v:
:argh:

quote:

You should do the Natah quest.

It's on the To Do list. If there's enough people willing to help me with it when I sign on tonight, I'll get to it today.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Weird, I directly edited the :negative: image, which is 63x49

(The filesize is because I uploaded an unoptimized png like an idiot)

E:

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 26, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The same way all the other rear end in a top hat bosses keep talking at us :v: He cheats.

Ahh cmon, you gotta explain it somehow. Is it his pants? Did they relocate his brain to his pants?

if someone makes a :vor: like :goku: I'll give them stuff.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I think the bigger smilies got grandfathered in before the current size limit got put into place. Or a mod made them, whichever.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I guess Warframe Food got into the next round, because...

:frogsiren: 10x R5 Fusion Core Alert for the next 19 Hours and 40 Minutes :frogsiren:

Edit: Also, patch.... Interesting...

quote:

- Core rewards in Endless Derelict Missions now reward in bundles of 3 instead of just a single core.
- Mutagen rewards in Endless Derelict Missions have been replaced with Mutalist Alad V Coordinates.

Huh. RIP selling Mutalist Alad V Keys for 15p, but perhaps it won't be so lovely to get Mesa now.

Also Survival is harder now I guess:

quote:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds
- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 26, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Can't decide what to forma next.

Mag Prime:
Recently found out how hilarious shield polarize is in the void
Dread:
Been wanting a decent bow for a while
Kulstar:
Kulstar.
Sweeper Prime:
Things already saved me plenty of times with just a potato.
Twin Grakata:
6th forma, to fit primed ammo mutation.

Also apparently the majority of pubs can't even get past 10 min on ods/void now.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 26, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
eh nvm

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 26, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Denzine posted:

Ahh cmon, you gotta explain it somehow. Is it his pants? Did they relocate his brain to his pants?

if someone makes a :vor: like :goku: I'll give them stuff.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

My God this Simulor guns looks so cool but is so completely underpowered. Anyone put some extra love into this thing (Potato + Maybe Forma)? Did it make this thing more useable?

I like some of the ideas about it. Haven't leveled it up enough for Split Chamber... can you have multiple big DoT orbs?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Excellent. Do you still need Ash Prime? Or anything else?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

BeAuMaN posted:

My God this Simulor guns looks so cool but is so completely underpowered. Anyone put some extra love into this thing (Potato + Maybe Forma)? Did it make this thing more useable?

I like some of the ideas about it. Haven't leveled it up enough for Split Chamber... can you have multiple big DoT orbs?

All you need to know to pass judgement is that it's the only gun in the game that becomes worse with multishot.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Denzine posted:

Excellent. Do you still need Ash Prime?

Yeah, that'd be awesome!

E: Thanks!

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So I came across a 75% discount. Anybody interested?