Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

HoneyBoy posted:

The marionette cards, is that a new artist?

Looks like the artist who did the ult Kalis and Kanna.

That's good news for the artist, because they'll easily be able to afford the MP costs using all the tons of dupes they rolled trying to get D.Kali and Kanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Edit: Also, the Marionette's general usefulness hinges on whether their color change is blocked by status shields imo

It isn't, which is why it sounds so good. Potential 4x ATT multiplier on the things that give you the most trouble, 2x on many other things.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

trucutru posted:

If you are worried about that then you should be thinking about the subs, not the leaders (of which you can buy up to four for your team). And they are definitely moving that way with those new machine subs.

In six months or so I expect to see the first MP-only teams.

Are those new Machine subs MP only monsters? I thought they were a new Decended, like the Grimoire Girls.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

GoodBee posted:

Are those new Machine subs MP only monsters? I thought they were a new Decended, like the Grimoire Girls.

MP monsters, 250k each I think?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It isn't, which is why it sounds so good. Potential 4x ATT multiplier on the things that give you the most trouble, 2x on many other things.

Yeah, it's a pretty nice skill to have for mono-color teams. Only downside is that it's on a somewhat long cooldown (minimum 15 turns).

GoodBee posted:

MP only, at a cost of 250,000 MP apiece.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Well, as long as you have the D. Kalis (hi Zo) he's the best in the game by far. 64x times 2.25x (leader skill) times 2.25x (rows) times 2.25x (combos) as the minimum damage after D. Kali with a four orb match.

I'm ok with this.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Okay totally hypermaxing Hathor next, she is so loving good :allears:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

UHD posted:

I have her sitting around, please explain

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Deep Winter posted:

I have her sitting around, please explain
20.25x multiplier with 30k+ HP and 5k+ RCV is pretty cool. My Hathor team is 35k HP and 7.5k RCV and murders things with prongs thanks to two LKalis and mini-valk. Gravity active is unfortunate but at least with the extra tankiness it's easier to stall to get the gravities up.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Keene posted:

And now Verdandi is getting the kiss of death from a survey ultimate.

People keep saying this. Where is the supporting data apart from Kirin? Even looking at Kirin, everyone loved her after her first survey ult for a very long time. Ronia? Still miles ahead of her sisters and a fantastic sub.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Qylvaran posted:

People keep saying this. Where is the supporting data apart from Kirin? Even looking at Kirin, everyone loved her after her first survey ult for a very long time. Ronia? Still miles ahead of her sisters and a fantastic sub.

Not to Mention Ronia/Beelz can still do some top content. People like to act as if the only thing that can clear stuff is Bastet, Ra, or Anubis sometimes.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
Wylie and DiscoB you still down for a bff triangle? Ill bff disco if so

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Not to Mention Ronia/Beelz can still do some top content. People like to act as if the only thing that can clear stuff is Bastet, Ra, or Anubis sometimes.

Right now there are more viable leaders than ever. It is just that certain people want to have the best of the best and GungHo smartly milks them as much as possible. I mostly play Shiva now because :effort: but I can think of at least 20 dudes who can clear 99% of the stuff without much issue.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

coaxmetal posted:

I'm alive now! I already BFFed Wylie shortly after the reset, and accepted your friend request, so we should be good to go.

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009

UHD posted:

Please do so I can finally BFF a hypermax Hathor

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WalrusWhiskers posted:

New monsters and new evo news on pdx:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=376

Ra dragon looks pretty cool, with god types doing 144x when matching all 6 att and 1.5x to rcv (slightly less attack for 5 att).

Kind of mad that Amaterasu has her skill reset (I used 10 shinpys on her), but whatever.

Tsukiyomi's awoken form looks pretty interesting. I prefer CTW over move time but overall it looks pretty slick due to being a full board enhance.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Countdown until MP leaders are the only top tiers in the meta.

(I have no idea if they would actually try to do that but that would pretty much be the end of the game if it happened)

Gonna be awhile for that. Kite looks amazing and if I had the tamas to awaken him fully I'd probably start working on 297ing him to replace my Goku leader. I haven't played in JP too much lately though. :effort:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

TBH I still prefer Shiva Dragon, but that's because of the art. If I'm going to flaunt my past of shameful whaling, by God I'm doing it via the prettiest yellow star dragon I can get my hands on.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
drat I couldn't take down Leviathan fast enough with my Urd team friended up with a Shiva friend. I combo'd ok too. Didn't help that the active bind combined with the lack of fire orbs that appeared meant that I was struggling to attack at all.

Edit: Can someone put up a Ra? I'd like to take another crack at Hera Ur.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Qylvaran posted:

Kirin's always been the weird one of her pantheon so I don't think comparing anything to her makes sense.

I don't know what the complaint about Ronia is other than Ult Ronia is miles ahead of non-ult Ronia. Gronia and Blonia don't even have ults.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cryptoclastic posted:

The light dragon is a Ra dragon is looks like. That's what I've gathered from this stream.

This is their most abstract card to date. I like it, but I cannot see how it represents any kind of dragon. Which makes it cool.

edit: Goddamnit. There's nothing I can do here, right? It's a loss no matter what. Should I try using Urd, healing and making low combos and trying to avoid match fire? I guess that's the only thing I can do. gently caress.

edit2: I just tried using my team from the screenshot screen -_-

edit3: Nevermind. Used Urd, managed to survive and use Diza. Still died on next floor, 112 HP short. Which I had, but didnt heal completely to full ;_;

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 26, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

This is their most abstract card to date. I like it, but I cannot see how it represents any kind of dragon. Which makes it cool.

edit: Goddamnit. There's nothing I can do here, right? It's a loss no matter what. Should I try using Urd, healing and making low combos and trying to avoid match fire? I guess that's the only thing I can do. gently caress.

edit2: I just tried using my team from the screenshot screen -_-

Pfft, just hit her below 50% and she won't attack you for four turns. You can shield while she's doing her countdown.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 26, 2015

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

trucutru posted:

Pfft, just her below 50% and she won't attack you for four turns. She's a joke of a boss. A 6-combo with 2 4-matches should kill her anyways.

Oh gently caress, I really could have been fine. Didn't realize I had so much leeway. I was just trying to tank and heal out of the skillbind so I was avoiding blasting her.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Disco Bandit posted:

I'm alive now! I already BFFed Wylie shortly after the reset, and accepted your friend request, so we should be good to go.

awesome, just BFF'd you

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
Seems like we're getting Zhou Yu in NA real soon, as well as Challenge Dungeons 10, which I hope is the first one I can 0-stone totally clear with my Shiva team.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Yup, new event:

quote:

*Autumnal Tiger*
[Duration]: 8/28 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 9/6 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The warmth of Summer meanders its way into Fall as we begin our Autumnal Tiger event!

With an unseasonable warmth, we may see a few sudden changes!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
8/28 - 9/6 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② A Gusting Heat
Comes with the arrival of these intense Ultimate Rush dungeons! Take on a pantheon of enemies all at once, if you dare!

8/30 - 8/31 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/1 - 9/2 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/3 - 9/4 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/5 - 9/6 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*

■③ Chasing Dawn
Dual special dungeons provide skill-ups in the form of Lightning and Phantom Chaser! The 10th round of Challenge Dungeons is included as well!

8/28 - 9/6 - Challenge Dungeons!
8/28 - 8/30 - Lightseeker
9/4 - 9/6 - Watery Temptress

■④ Gift from Heaven
Some gifts come in surprisingly large, draconic packages.

8/28 - 9/1 - Gift From Heaven

■⑤ Special Event Content
A cunning warrior bars your path!

8/28 - 8/30 - ????????????

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 8/28 to 9/6!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
8/28 - Takeminakata Descended!
8/29 - Grimoires Descended!
8/30 - Zhao Yun Descended!
8/31 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
8/31 - Zhang Fei!!
9/1 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
9/2 - Hera-Ur Descended!
9/2 - Guan Yinping!
9/3 - Mephisto Descended!
9/4 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
9/5 - Athena Descended!
9/5 - Xuanzang Descended!
9/6 - Zeus & Hera Descended!
9/6 - Tengu!!!

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
8/28 - 9/6 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [extends until 9/7 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
Fusion Bonus:
2.5x Skill Up rate

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

quote:

■④ Gift from Heaven
Some gifts come in surprisingly large, draconic packages.

:dong:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

coaxmetal posted:

Do eet

edit: Our triangle is complete. Just BFF'd you, Coax.

Wylie fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 26, 2015

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

:smaug: :dong:

Also, yay for more chasers for my LMeta and BMeta.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Still looking for a post-reset BFF triangle. Slots 1 and 2 are Parvati and Asmo=Deus and the free slot is typically Horus and Athena and on rare occasion, Bastet.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

How many BFF resets have they done on JP?

I haven't had any luck making a post-reset triangle yet, I may just hold off for Awoken Yomi hotness. Who knows if I'll need to use a BFF though, it's impossible to tell what my friends list is going to look like after any update.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

dragon enthusiast posted:

Still looking for a post-reset BFF triangle. Slots 1 and 2 are Parvati and Asmo=Deus and the free slot is typically Horus and Athena and on rare occasion, Bastet.

I thought you only played on JP? What's your padherder? I'm also looking for another person for a BF triangle along with Zeta.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Do I have anything that can do queen's banquet? https://www.padherder.com/user/silvergoose/monsters

I can do a Horus team and sub in kushi, or likewise Kali, doubt my Ronia can do anything much unless I powerlevel Beelz fast enough and even then who knows.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I'm super salty over Ra Dragon (Radra?).

This game is fun when there's a wide variety of competitive leaders, and you can get creative teams going. Juggler killed all of that, and now that the meta has recovered to the point where there's like a half-dozen top leaders they just hosed everything up again.

Basically every leader in the game is being rendered into MP food for Radra or mayyybe Shiva dragon. If you just 297'd ABastet, AShiva, or ARa enjoy it while it lasts because the writing is on the wall, in a few months they're going to be joining Athena and Ronia on the washed-up leaders bench. Not only is Lkali no longer a top tier leader, she's soon not even going to be a top tier sub.

Powercreep was already at its breaking point, and gunho just stomped on the accelerator. PAD island is already too difficult for a lot of players in NA/EU, since we're getting those collab/special rems like 2 weeks after JP, while we're months behind on content updates. What do you think is going to happen when the JP whales are trashing everything with 6 hypermax Radra teams with ideal subs? Gungho is going to scale difficulty to follow, good luck keeping up. Gungho is playing with exponential math, and its going to get really crazy real quick.

Even if you can afford the MP for Radra you should be afraid, chances are good he's going to be replaced by an exponentially better leader in 6 months.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I'm super salty over Ra Dragon (Radra?).

This game is fun when there's a wide variety of competitive leaders, and you can get creative teams going. Juggler killed all of that, and now that the meta has recovered to the point where there's like a half-dozen top leaders they just hosed everything up again.

Basically every leader in the game is being rendered into MP food for Radra or mayyybe Shiva dragon. If you just 297'd ABastet, AShiva, or ARa enjoy it while it lasts because the writing is on the wall, in a few months they're going to be joining Athena and Ronia on the washed-up leaders bench. Not only is Lkali no longer a top tier leader, she's soon not even going to be a top tier sub.

Powercreep was already at its breaking point, and gunho just stomped on the accelerator. PAD island is already too difficult for a lot of players in NA/EU, since we're getting those collab/special rems like 2 weeks after JP, while we're months behind on content updates. What do you think is going to happen when the JP whales are trashing everything with 6 hypermax Radra teams with ideal subs? Gungho is going to scale difficulty to follow, good luck keeping up. Gungho is playing with exponential math, and its going to get really crazy real quick.

Even if you can afford the MP for Radra you should be afraid, chances are good he's going to be replaced by an exponentially better leader in 6 months.

Yeah man we should def lose sleep over it

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

My LKali is no longer rad, someone hold me :ohdear:

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
You say this as if Awoken Ra didn't already snap the difficulty curve over his knee with 100x

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Not only is Lkali no longer a top tier leader, she's soon not even going to be a top tier sub.

Ahahahahaah. Yeah, sure.

Anyways, JP players, hear my plead: I need phat A.Anubis friends. If I get three or so I promise I'll spend one of my slimes to +270 his rear end.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I literally went "gently caress yes" when I saw awoken yomi.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No, seriously, cough up the Anubises. How am I going to do challenge 10 otherwise?

P.S. Anubis is by far the best leader in 7x6 boards. Holy poo poo does he rock. He's like Ra's 100x? pffftt, have concentrated-in-dark 400x. :smugdog:

P.P.S. And then everything but those *assholes* with max damage shields melts when hit by 100m damage.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Captain Keene posted:

You say this as if Awoken Ra didn't already snap the difficulty curve over his knee with 100x

The problem is its rapidly becoming the new norm, and its completely unsustainable. I like the game, and I'd like to be able to keep playing new content for it.

• Locked thread