Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

DrGreatJob posted:

The PC version of this feels like total poo poo. I had to change the FOV, disable mouse acceleration, and disable mouse filtering to get it feeling anything close to normal. It still felt like floaty poo poo. This was all after I had to fix the game's tendency to minimize itself every five seconds, and after I switched the game from LOW PRIORITY to NORMAL in the task manager. What the gently caress is with that?

In case you didn't catch that, this game defaults to Low Priority. Try setting it to Normal and see if that fixes your crashing. (Task Manager -> Right Click on the process -> Set Priority -> Normal.)

If you have issues with the game minimizing all the time, like a piece of poo poo, and you have a second monitor, disable your second monitor long enough to set the game to Borderless Fullscreen. That fixed that problem for me.

Of course, none of that made this game feel OK. It still feels like total poo poo.

stop playing these games on pcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Zombie Boat posted:

Downloading this blackness

Yay for ZB. Missed you, boo.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zombie - Add "this is Becky" on Xbox of you haven't already that is the alt I am playing under kthx

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Solution is don't have any friends?

No problem :qq:

I'm your friend

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Vile posted:

Zombie - Add "this is Becky" on Xbox of you haven't already that is the alt I am playing under kthx

You froze my game when you joined my party.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
You can use the Sparrow to shoot down UAVs. Hell yeah.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

FallinInTheBlak posted:

You froze my game when you joined my party.

my bad - my game froze too :(

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
PC has lobby chat, this is the best feature ever. Now I can poo poo talk pubs even during intermissions without using my microphone.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Can't wait to rage again with you guys in this new Call of Destiny.

Stu, I love the OP. By far the best of all the cod threads.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
If anyone in the UK is having trouble redeeming the code, as I have had all day, the solution is to log in to xbox.com on your browser and change the region to Brazil. Or Brasil, if you're Microsoft.

Instructions are here:
http://www.gamesradar.com/black-ops-3-beta-code-not-working-xbox-one/

I am now using the infinite power of the cloud to download this loving thing 12 hours late at at astonishing 2.34Mbit/s.

It's only a game and it's only a beta, but Jesus loving Hitler this is one of the few quarts of solace I have in my life.

How does PSN compare with Xbox Live these days? Hardly a day goes by where some app or function isn't fully functional.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Wazzit posted:

If you bought it through Xbox you won't need a beta code. Check your games & apps and if you don't see anything in there I've heard people have found the beta download in the store if they bought it off Xbox.

Good looking out, fam. Installing now, found it in the store (had to search)

West007
Apr 21, 2013

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I wish they trashed all consoles and never made another one, PC master race :downsgun:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

gently caress off I'm not gonna play a shooter with a controller.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Why play a lovely COD game on PC when there are a thousand better games to play on there like Poly Bridge or some anime sex game.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Wazzit posted:

Why play a lovely COD game on PC when there are a thousand better games to play on there like Poly Bridge or some anime sex game.

Not mutually exclusive.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

gently caress off I'm not gonna play a shooter with a controller.

There are Xim's for all you pc spergs to play on consoles.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's hard to lay down and use a keyboard and mouse, therefore I shall always use a controller. Sitting up is for try hards

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
If you change your region to Japan you can download the beta without needing a code.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
Any xbox codes?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
XSXUXCXKXMXYXDXICXKX

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How does PSN compare with Xbox Live these days? Hardly a day goes by where some app or function isn't fully functional.
Functional for the most part, occasionally goes down but it's not constant. PSN's biggest problem is the incredibly lovely download speeds which can sometimes be fixed by pausing and resuming your download. PSN speed has always been poo poo.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

Any xbox codes?

Check yo Facebook messages.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

SubponticatePoster posted:

Functional for the most part, occasionally goes down but it's not constant. PSN's biggest problem is the incredibly lovely download speeds which can sometimes be fixed by pausing and resuming your download. PSN speed has always been poo poo.

It's just not acceptable in this day and age for services we all pay for. This never seems to happen to Steam.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

Check yo Facebook messages.

You are a king among men - gave the other code to Whiskey.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wazzit posted:

You don't need a code, check your games & apps or if it isn't in there search through the game store for the beta download.

Oh yeah!
The Microsoft team sent me a message that I could only read on my Microsoft Xbox One the All In One Entertainment System by Microsoft. I got an email about it yesterday. :)

edit: the message pointed to http://xbox.com/CODBO3beta

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 27, 2015

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It's just not acceptable in this day and age for services we all pay for. This never seems to happen to Steam.
I agree it's poopy and dumb. It's the internet, FFS, surely there are at least a couple people out there that know how it works and can make an online service that isn't a piece of garbage.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
If any of y'all get another code, pls give it to your old friend morrissey instead of some thread rando, THX!!!

edit: I actually preordered it yesterday on Amazon and I still don't have anything

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Check this for Xbox pre-orders in case it updated but hasn't notified you yet: http://xbox.com/CODBO3beta

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

If any of y'all get another code, pls give it to your old friend morrissey instead of some thread rando, THX!!!

edit: I actually preordered it yesterday on Amazon and I still don't have anything

Is that your Gamertag? I got two friend beta tokens for the xbox one, I can defo send you one.

Edit: Read "pls give it to my old friend morrissey", READING IS DIFFICULT

Also, sent you one!

Bonby fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 27, 2015

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Is that his Gamertag? I got two friend beta tokens for the xbox one, I can defo send him one.

No, 'morrissey's hair' is my old GT. My current one 'is 'WILL DIE ALONE', I'll repay the favour to the thread and give mine out when they finally arrive. Thank ya :nsacloud:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Gothmog1065 posted:

Got my tokens.

Friend Token: KWHQV-K42XC-VJ7Q6-TJM9D-Q7J6Z
Friend Token: WQGFP-K3DHT-H64W7-9KGMR-32TCZ

e: and they can't find my codes. How cute.

Not sure if anyone took these, nobody posted if they did.

I'm at 97%, hope to be playing locking up with you all.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Gothmog1065 posted:

Not sure if anyone took these, nobody posted if they did.

I'm at 97%, hope to be playing locking up with you all.

I'll test them in a few minutes and probably be horribly disappointed one way or another.

e: first one worked.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 27, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

psn compared to current xbl is basically solid as a rock. not a single release has brought the thing down since the ps4 launched.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

No, 'morrissey's hair' is my old GT. My current one 'is 'WILL DIE ALONE', I'll repay the favour to the thread and give mine out when they finally arrive. Thank ya :nsacloud:

why did you change from moz hair

its honestly my favorite gt ive ever seen

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Vile posted:

It's hard to lay down and use a keyboard and mouse, therefore I shall always use a controller. Sitting up is for try hards

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The FOV in the pc version is wack. My gun is way too huge for this to be 90.

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!
anyone have an extra code? Hook a brother up....

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Some crazy how i ended up getting three extra beta codes soooooooooo

Your Token: "PJPFV-9QH6V-CDMY7-TP6HG-JXQFZ"
Friend Token: "7MFYJ-HJTGH-T2J7K-K36FT-F4F3Z"
Friend Token: "M3XMX-CW2XM-V7W2C-Q6JXF-K7DRZ"

not sure if anybody at all can use the "Your Token" one but go nuts yall

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

CaptainJuan posted:

Some crazy how i ended up getting three extra beta codes soooooooooo

Your Token: "PJPFV-9QH6V-CDMY7-TP6HG-JXQFZ"
Friend Token: "7MFYJ-HJTGH-T2J7K-K36FT-F4F3Z" taken
Friend Token: "M3XMX-CW2XM-V7W2C-Q6JXF-K7DRZ"

not sure if anybody at all can use the "Your Token" one but go nuts yall

downloading for the next 5 hours :D will see you guys tomorrow

Thanks!!

Zapper fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

So I am trying to play this on the PC and god if the aiming just doesn't feel "off". I can't quite figure it out. I have aceleration and mouse filtering off. Are there any ini settings I need to change?

• Locked thread