Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

colonel_korn posted:

Here's a pretty in-depth article about Cyborg trying to make 135. I didn't realize that the UFC was chipping in to have this guy live with her. I still won't believe it til I see it though.

https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other/ultimate_fighting/2015/08/cyborg_in_down_time

hahahaha 'cris had trust issues with me because her previous coach fed her strange supplements causing massive body irregularities and didn't stop to question it for a second'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

colonel_korn posted:

Here's a pretty in-depth article about Cyborg trying to make 135. I didn't realize that the UFC was chipping in to have this guy live with her. I still won't believe it til I see it though.

https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other/ultimate_fighting/2015/08/cyborg_in_down_time

Want to read dunc's take on this. Isn't that Lockhart dude the other guy selling snake oil to lose weight like Dolce?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Biodome posted:

Want to read dunc's take on this. Isn't that Lockhart dude the other guy selling snake oil to lose weight like Dolce?

he has an actual science background from his incredible one year course in the army so he's lightyears ahead of dolce, i don't think he's a dumbass crook like dolce but this is 100% self promotion

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Captain Log posted:

That's pretty God damned insane but if it makes a Ronda/Cyborg superfight I'm all for it.
that's an awfully generous superlative for this destination

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
if you fondly remember the secret move, sakuraba opened up his own youtube channel almost exclusively for the demonstration of cortxbomb techniques

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if you fondly remember the secret move, sakuraba opened up his own youtube channel almost exclusively for the demonstration of cortxbomb techniques

Paul Harris winced watching those taps

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

It's nice to see the GOAT hasn't changed much. I also like how he incorporates tickling into his game. Very underutilized technique imo.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Thank You.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Triticum Guzzler posted:

If someone could please make this my av, that would be great thanks

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

watched a bunch of these and they are all great

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

new dance craze taking the world by storm

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
jungle fights referee

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

new dance craze taking the world by storm

TheRationalRedditor posted:

jungle fights referee

You're in the jungle, baby

You're gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I don't know what's worse, the fact that the ref didn't stop it sooner or the fact that the guy missed a few punches on a guy that was out on his feet and not really moving at all

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hey wallid, business idea: call jungle fight champs King of the Jungle

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

http://combatsportslaw.com/2015/08/24/wsofs-planned-elimination-tournament-hits-regulatory-roadblock/

quote:

Earlier today MMAJunkie reported that the World Series of Fighting plans a one night eight man elimination tournament to be held in Seattle in November with the following tweet:

"1 NIGHT ONLY! 8-man LW tournament! Nov 20th in Seattle live on @NBCSN! Winner gets Gaethje/Palomino! More TBA!"

The problem with this? Leaving aside the ABC’s medical committee’s stance that elimination tournament MMA should “not be endorsed” Washington State law prohibits elimination tournaments. You can access Washington State’s Law Relating to Combative Sports here.

Specifically RCW 67 08.015(4) bans elimination tournaments reading as follows (bold emphasis is mine):

quote:

No amateur or professional no holds barred fighting or combative fighting type of contest, exhibition, match, or similar type of event, nor any elimination tournament, may be held in this state. Any person promoting such an event is guilty of a class C felony. Additionally, the director may apply to a superior court for an injunction against any and all promoters of a contest, and may request that the court seize all money and assets relating to the competition.

quote:

@arielhelwani
From WSOF exec @AliAbdelaziz00: Hey brother, (yesterday) in the interview I misspoke. Seattle is where we were trying to go but found out they don't allow tournaments. We are working on other locations. The tournament is for sure happening though.

lol great job Ali

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Live from Qatar its WSOF!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ali Abdel-Aziz is so unbelievably incompetent it's incredible

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
like, this guy manages prominent fighters.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

From the same interview he did on Ariel's show yesterday:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/25/9202643/wsof-exec-ali-abdel-aziz-melvin-guillard-is-the-world-champion-of posted:

Guillard showed up to the Gaethje fight four pounds overweight, rendering it a non-title bout. He was then pulled from his next bout after failing to provide medicals in a timely fashion and refusing to do media to promote his fight, aside from an interview with Submission Radio in which Guillard slammed the organization and its executives. Guillard ultimately asked for and received a release from his WSOF contract, leaving Abdel-Aziz frustrated by the very public manner in which way the situation played out.

"People know what Melvin is," Abdel-Aziz said. "And honestly, I'm upset with Melvin. Because after he asked for his release and [manager] Malki [Kawa] asked me, and we gave him his release and he sent me a text message saying ‘thank you, I really appreciate it,' the whole thing is he's going on the internet and talking about WSOF is s**t and UFC is s**t. He's s**t. Like, Melvin sucks. Honestly, I think he's an explosive, athletic guy, he's getting older -- it's not working for him.

"Listen, Melvin, we had some sparring sessions in the gym at Greg Jackson's, and I beat Melvin every time. Melvin is never going to be a world champion. Melvin is going to be a world champion of one thing: he taps. That's what Melvin does. That what he does, he's the world champion of tapping.

"All you've got to do is just match him up with a wrestler. He's going to take him down and finish him. That's how I finished him in the gym and Greg Jackson was a witness of that."

lol

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

-Atom- posted:

Ali Abdel-Aziz is so unbelievably incompetent it's incredible

-Atom- posted:

like, this guy manages prominent fighters.

MMA managers

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Are gatjchje and palomino rematching?
:getin:

That is the foty contender that flew under the radar... Still doesn't beat robbierory, but maybe #2 after that.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
New B-league with a tv deal announced: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/26/9209243/former-ufc-head-campbell-mclaren-debuts-new-hispanic-themed-mma

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe they can call it something like, i dunno, "bellator"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol :flame:

quote:

"There's UFC, there's Bellator, which is the retirement home for UFC, and World Series, which is for the guys who get expelled from UFC for bad behavior, and us."

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The promotion sounds dumb and the pitch for it was worse.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

@caposa posted:

Flying stomp by Jung Doo-Jae at ROAD FC Young Guns 24. He was DQ'd.

http://gfycat.com/IllustriousMintyEwe
:eyepop:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Whaaaaaat the gently caress was dude thinking?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

Whaaaaaat the gently caress was dude thinking?

What's Korean for "I'ma stomp this dude in the face"?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Chael's latest podcast has a hysterical story that recently happened of apparently Phil Baroni got really drunk and some regional wrestling show Chael was working for Jim Miller or something (I know gently caress all about pro wrestling and don't really care) and Baroni jumped over security to try and fight with Chael because the crowd amped his drunk rear end up.

Basically Chael and Baroni are both hysterical. You should listen.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
You are being worked by Chael by an angle he and Baroni are currently working in GFW.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

You are being worked by Chael by an angle he and Baroni are currently working in GFW.

Whatever it is, it was funny.

Here is a pretty interesting story about a new supper weight we should root for -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555141-justin-wren-the-big-pygmy-returns

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Whatever it is, it was funny.

Here is a pretty interesting story about a new supper weight we should root for -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555141-justin-wren-the-big-pygmy-returns

wren's not exactly new

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

wren's not exactly new

New story

I'm sorry I don't speak English

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He was on the supperweight TUF

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Pretty good investigative article on Xplode Fights out of California. Turns out the girl who KO'd that Soccer Mom lookin' lady way back when got signed by Bellator.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/28/9091777/viral-ko-video-spurs-state-investigation-into-unsanctioned-mma-events

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Le Saboteur posted:

Pretty good investigative article on Xplode Fights out of California. Turns out the girl who KO'd that Soccer Mom lookin' lady way back when got signed by Bellator.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/28/9091777/viral-ko-video-spurs-state-investigation-into-unsanctioned-mma-events

Turns out she was not a soccer mom but a "street fighter". See all better now.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

corillon posted:

Turns out she was not a soccer mom but a "street fighter". See all better now.

Those are synonymous. Parents get loving crazy at youth soccer games. I've seen people smash beer bottles and pull knives and poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Those are synonymous. Parents get loving crazy at youth soccer games. I've seen people smash beer bottles and pull knives and poo poo.

If she had a knife the fight would have been interesting as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Justin Wren returns after five years so he can donate every cent of his fight purses to support a destitute pygmy tribe in the Congo, which has got to make his opponent feel like kind of a dick. Also it's going to make it that much more depressing when he eventually fights Cheik and gets his balls kneed off.