Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

medlen's under a pitch count, i imagine. he's good, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm starting Medlen in my roto leagues today. So sorry, he's going to get lit up.

I was considering Brad Hand tomorrow, but that's a little too risky.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Thanks KKKKKKKKKKKluber! Never doubted trading Cutch for you, not even for a minute!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Day off for Tulo, picked up Wilmer Flores :swoon:

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Should I pick up Eovaldi?

I have Latos, Montgomery and Iglesias(just put up 13Ks last start) bringing up the rear end of my rotation.

I have $9 FAAB left, am currently in a two week bye for our first round of the playoffs. I have an automatic birth into the semis but I want to save some FAAB to stream a bit if I need to...

Eovaldi's been good/great lately and is throwing serious heat. Montgomery/Latos suck balls.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

he's easily more worthwhile than montgomery

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I've had moderate luck streaming okay pitchers with good splits at home. Now I have the option to start Noah Syndergaard who I'm not dropping until he's shut down. He goes against Philly tonight on the road, where he has pitched horrendously thus far. Bench him?

46.1 IP, 0 - 5, 5.05 ERA, 1.60 WHIP

My home pitchers experiment from Friday August 21st through yesterday has yielded:

44 IP, 2 W, 3.07 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, and 38K from pitchers who are generally available in most leagues.

Maybe not Ross, McCullers, or Gausman, but only one (Haren) has an ownership of 50% or higher.

Chris Bassitt
Dan Haren
Joe Ross
Kevin Gausman
Lance McCullers
Kris Medlen
Tom Koehler

Streaming Pineda and Shelby Miller (yes he was available for some reason) tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 25, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

DoctaFun posted:

I have Latos, Montgomery and Iglesias(just put up 13Ks last start) bringing up the rear end of my rotation.

I have $9 FAAB left, am currently in a two week bye for our first round of the playoffs. I have an automatic birth into the semis but I want to save some FAAB to stream a bit if I need to...

Eovaldi's been good/great lately and is throwing serious heat. Montgomery/Latos suck balls.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/nate-eovaldi-no-fastball-is-too-big-to-hide/

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember the two weeks where Victor Martinez was healthy and raking? :cry:

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

DoctaFun posted:

Every team that has traded for him has had him as a target rather than an add-on. He's got something, and his time is either now (next year) or never.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Rand alPaul posted:

Remember the two weeks where Victor Martinez was healthy and raking? :cry:

His numbers are down the past week but that will happen with minimal plate appearances as a DH playing at NL stadiums like the Tigers were last week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tank44 posted:

His numbers are down the past week but that will happen with minimal plate appearances as a DH playing at NL stadiums like the Tigers were last week.

It's also what happens when you're old and broken.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
HanRam - Worth keeping in a dynasty league? I don't lose a pick or anything, I'm just not sure he's worth keeping now that he's going to lose SS eligibility. They're trying to convert him to 1B, but I have no need there. Also, he kind of sucks now.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Tank44 posted:

.205/.220/.372 in the month of August.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate Gio Gonzalez so loving much.

Spoeank posted:

It's also what happens when you're old and broken.

I don't get why Detroit keeps sending him out there, he's not hobbling like he was at the beginning of the year but he still looks like he's in pain on swings.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wait, I think I am an idiot. Next year, if I just put in 2 decent RPs in the relief spot instead of SP's with eligibility, would that be better than basically streaming, which is how I started this season, but now I have a solid core, Martinez playing in the RP doesn't hurt. No one is getting dropped until Burnett comes off DL if he does. Anyway, just 2 RP's plugged in all season, barring injury/demotion, would that put me anywhere close to .500 in saves over the season? Thanks!

Hey Monday, you ready for the World Series, you are going down pal ;)

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I hate Gio Gonzalez so loving much.

I'm probably still going to lose this week, but at least I made the right decision to bench Gio.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm probably still going to lose this week, but at least I made the right decision to bench Gio.

I just looked up draft history to see where I took him at. Yup, I picked Gio before Gerrit Cole and Jake Arrieta :smith:

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
I also took Gio really early and also want to launch his rear end into the sun

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I paid $20 for Gio in our draft and I'm definitely not keeping him at that price. Should have traded him when I had the chance.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gonna bite the bullet and drop Joc tonight, I think. Would've dropped a while ago, but the HGH league counts walks. I can't see using 1 of my 3 keepers on him. Still think he's gonna be real good down the road.

Pederson's an easy drop in redraft, right? Or anyone hoping for a Sept. turnaround?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Pussy Boss posted:

Gonna bite the bullet and drop Joc tonight, I think. Would've dropped a while ago, but the HGH league counts walks. I can't see using 1 of my 3 keepers on him. Still think he's gonna be real good down the road.

Pederson's an easy drop in redraft, right? Or anyone hoping for a Sept. turnaround?

I have him in a dynasty league so keeping him for that reason but in redraft he'd be dropped already. He's not even playing full time anymore. I think he got like 7 at-bats last week.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cannot say I am upset about adding Marlon Byrd out of the FA pool about a month ago.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He's been garbage. .587 OPS this month not counting today.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Traded away some O for Pitching, just needed some dongs, he has given me Value Above Replacement Level in that, I guess, IDK, I am just mad that I traded Cutch for Kluber to Monday because of keeper prices. FML.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I couldve traded Joc for 3 actually usable players a month ago. Im really really sad

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Is it time to start starting Ventura again? He was one of my late-round keepers coming into this season and we're not allowed to drop any keepers, so I'm stuck with him on my roster for the remainder of the season. I've had him benched pretty much exclusively since the break and he's strung together a few pretty nice starts. Might as well throw him in there and get something out of him, I suppose.

:monar:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm just glad my sell high on Joc Pederson article from May is finally right

I also said to sell high on Dallas Keuchel though so faaaaart

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I tried to buy Todd Frazier. Last 30 days: 8 R, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 1 SB, .223

I'm getting too cute with my home starts "strategy" and left Ventura for my competition to pick up because his home splits weren't so good. Meanwhile, I start Pineda and Miller and ruined my ratios. Did start Joe Ross tonight though. :)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Finally was able to drop Hanley.

FEELS GOOD

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MassaShowtime posted:

Finally was able to drop Hanley.

FEELS GOOD

Oh thank god he's taking up a valuable spot in my other league.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Spoeank posted:

I'm just glad my sell high on Joc Pederson article from May is finally right

Agreed :cheerdoge:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Walker throws a gem! I am so worried about starting him in the playoffs, but this guy is gold or absolute garbage, got to see what comes up, but I am scared to throw him in the postseason, he can light up the ratio stats in no time.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

om nom nom

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Glad my fanduel slate didn't have the early games :eyepop:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

weas posted:

om nom nom

23 RBI in 7 days haha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Got third in a 100 person fanduel game (it was a 50/50 :shepicide: )

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Today was a day that I started Arrieta, Shields, Altuve, Carpenter, Belt, Cabrera, Braun, and Ortiz.

Today was a good day.

8/5/8/1/.541/.614/1.081 & 2/1/1/22/0.52/0.58/2
:eyepop:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
it looks like the Dodgers skipped Urias in the minors rotation so I'm guessing he'll be up tomorrow. The talk has been they'd use him as a reliever though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I was just giving my buddy crap because he didn't make use of EE's monster game(he has a first round bye).

Then Arrieta throws a no-no while I am on a bye :(.

• Locked thread