Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I got a souvenir case and from ESL cologne and opened it without thinking as i'm new to this and i see i could have sold it for real cold, hard cash?

Also 3 matches of competitive and i can't play again for another 24 hours apparently :qq:

If it wasn't a Cobble or Overpass then you didn't really miss out on much, those two are the really valuable ones ($30 / $10 respectively) as those no longer drop and weapons from the Dust II, Inferno and Mirage collections are common as dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
The secret to true happiness is to sell all of your skins. This game is really dumb and you don't need your M4 to look like it came from a Rob Zombie video.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

Kwilty posted:

If you know about what time you played, you can go get the replay from his twitch channel.
I'm def going to download that to show my grandchildren one day.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

DrGreatJob posted:

The secret to true happiness is to sell all of your skins. This game is really dumb and you don't need your M4 to look like it came from a Rob Zombie video.

It doesn't just happen like that man, you have to reach the point where you attain enlightenment first before you sell or else you just get suckered back into the hole you crawled from.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DrGreatJob posted:

incoming "M4A1-S | Dragula"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Killfast37 posted:

I tried out Faceit this week and its not too bad. Central servers where I can get 15 ping is great. Also today I got to poo poo on Steel in OT. He seemed real upset on stream and left game before I could get a decent screenshot.

What is this? A scoreboard for ants?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Neither team had a full buy last round of the half on this Na'vi vs. VP game. That's... that's something.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

What is this? A scoreboard for ants?
You have to click it like 3 times for some reason or I'm just lovely at thumbnails.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Killfast37 posted:

You have to click it like 3 times for some reason or I'm just lovely at thumbnails.
It's because your timg tag is wrapped in url tag.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
http://www.twitch.tv/pgl

PGL is doing some really cool stuff with their camera work

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Bohemian Nights posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/pgl

PGL is doing some really cool stuff with their camera work

Someone needs to teach them that 0/0 is halfway in chart form.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What is this with CS:GO triggering OCDs on all levels?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

kalstrams posted:

What is this with CS:GO triggering OCDs on all levels?

to be fair it's a really bad chart for a lot of reasons

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't think that's a good way to represent that info tbh

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dutch angles, exactly what cs needed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Hitboxes are so bad that 26.7% of all headshots don't register.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Whoa, PGL is using actual human beings to spectate instead of the busted rear end director? This is so much better.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hey all just saying csgo is a really good game and im glad to play it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

hey yall, just wanted to say csgo is a poo poo game and only good for the microtransaction minigame packaged with it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Smithereens posted:

hey yall, just wanted to say csgo is a poo poo game and only good for the microtransaction minigame packaged with it

I don't think 3 dollars per key counts as a micro transaction

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

It's time to compliment my new build with a better monitor, but I'm still cheap as hell so I am eyeballing this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642&Tpk=N82E16824009642

It'd be $132 after rebate and discounts. Anyone wanna convince me otherwise with other recommendations?

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Also interested in info, looking to go 144hz, currently planning on a benq but that is tempting.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I have that monitor. It's nice. 144 owns. Only complaint is that it doesn't have a height adjust for the stand. It stays at one level and can only be tilted.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

There's a monitor nerd thread in SHSC, i'd ask them about that specific model first. I've heard mixed things about acer's 144hz monitors generally. I'd also find out if they have something like benq's blurbuster utility or lightboost.

BenQ/ASUS 24" can be had for like $250 if you catch a sale and I will vouch for the BenQ.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313 I bought this one last year and it's good. I really like mine but I don't know that it's worth paying an extra hundred bucks to get this one over the one sleppy posted

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I ended up getting it for $150, since I forgot I already used my student discount.

http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/Newegg/Acer24-009-642_63387Aug19Aug3115lh15.pdf

That is the $30 rebate, if anyway else wants it.

I don't really care about IPS or any of that, and this one doesn't seem to be a total piece of poo poo that just dies or anything, so that price doesn't seem bad.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Does this bug happen to anyone else?

http://gfycat.com/SpanishTimelyAlbacoretuna

It happens almost every time I do that smoke/flashbang combo on cobble, nowhere else.

While my AK is highlighted, if I shoot, my flashbang is actually out, has gotten me killed before.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Weird in my 900 hours I've never seen that.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Garfu posted:

Does this bug happen to anyone else?

http://gfycat.com/SpanishTimelyAlbacoretuna

It happens almost every time I do that smoke/flashbang combo on cobble, nowhere else.

While my AK is highlighted, if I shoot, my flashbang is actually out, has gotten me killed before.

it only happens to people that get vac banned for using a crosshair

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

trying to jack off posted:

it only happens to people that get vac banned for using a crosshair

Why would anyone ever think Cheat Engine would get you a VAC ban? Pfft

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

sleppy posted:

It's time to compliment my new build with a better monitor, but I'm still cheap as hell so I am eyeballing this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642&Tpk=N82E16824009642

It'd be $132 after rebate and discounts. Anyone wanna convince me otherwise with other recommendations?

welp that deal sure ended fast

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I still got one more ingame pin left (Italy), last bump before I take it to eBay. B/O is $50 but I'm open to bids.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738234

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I encountered someone talking poo poo and calling people "hiding faggots" in an aim map. :psyduck: I guess because I was trying to practice jiggle peeking I like dicks.

That was unexpected. I do also enjoy the fact he has to be a member of these to invite me :allears:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Uhh.. so apparently there are actually more than 3 ways to throw grenades in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6EM9PfPag

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Uhh.. so apparently there are actually more than 3 ways to throw grenades in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6EM9PfPag

Its a nice find by him, but its not the game changing strat he seems to think it is. Im sure all his new throws can by done by adjusting one of the standard 3 throws with your momentum, tap walk forward/backwards etc. His season example is terrible, he even fails it twice and then says it'll blind you "a lot". You can definitely pop flash from there with standard throws.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Why can't I see just a standard scoreboard on the PGL streams. Those "fancy" graphs are terrible in terms of conveying information.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fennesz posted:

So I encountered someone talking poo poo and calling people "hiding faggots" in an aim map. :psyduck: I guess because I was trying to practice jiggle peeking I like dicks.

That was unexpected. I do also enjoy the fact he has to be a member of these to invite me :allears:

This is my favorite thing to see people do

k3nn
Jan 20, 2007
So I'm super new and terrible and enjoying the game a lot, but like half the time I play the minimap in the top left doesn't appear at all. Which is a bit of a shitter since I don't know the maps yet and have to hit tab to see it & find out where my teammates are. Is this s common bug/something that's possible to fix? One of my buddies who started at the same time as me is encountering the same issue so I'm guessing it's not just something specific to my crappy computer.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

k3nn posted:

So I'm super new and terrible and enjoying the game a lot, but like half the time I play the minimap in the top left doesn't appear at all. Which is a bit of a shitter since I don't know the maps yet and have to hit tab to see it & find out where my teammates are. Is this s common bug/something that's possible to fix? One of my buddies who started at the same time as me is encountering the same issue so I'm guessing it's not just something specific to my crappy computer.

change your resolution, then change it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I reccomend looking up the settings so the whole entire mini map is displayed and not just the area around you so if your idiot team mates die with the bomb or something you know exactly where it is. Just search minimap configs.

• Locked thread