Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
Thanks for these. My draft is out of town, and its great to have these ready before the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
For deeper leagues the Packers WR3 is still up in the air per Packers beat reporters. Montgomery seems to have a better shot at the spot right now, but he's more of a slot receiver than Janis. Packers want to see him clean up his drops. Montgomery is going to be a kick returner, however, so if you have special teams points he's worth a late round stash.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

TubeStank posted:

For deeper leagues the Packers WR3 is still up in the air per Packers beat reporters. Montgomery seems to have a better shot at the spot right now, but he's more of a slot receiver than Janis. Packers want to see him clean up his drops. Montgomery is going to be a kick returner, however, so if you have special teams points he's worth a late round stash.

Awesome, thanks for the update. That will information will be useful.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Am I right in saying that ESPN (and most other sites) penalise defenses for Pick 6's and Punt Return TDs? That pisses me off.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

xcore posted:

Am I right in saying that ESPN (and most other sites) penalise defenses for Pick 6's and Punt Return TDs? That pisses me off.

You are correct and it is very dumb.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Where can I go to get a list of each team's punt and kickoff returners?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gearman posted:

You are correct and it is very dumb.

Penalizing the Defense/Special teams for touchdowns against them on kickoff and punts makes perfect sense.

Penalizing them for pick-sixes does not, and it's super dumb, and I have ranted about it for three (now four) years, and it's just one more reason to switch to the infinitely superior IDP format.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Penalizing the Defense/Special teams for touchdowns against them on kickoff and punts makes perfect sense.

Ahh, i knew i was missing something.

I just checked my league scoring and under "Misc scoring" there is a bunch of things listed that also appear under the "D/ST scoring". Are these things seperate or will those events always be attributed to the D/ST?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Leperflesh posted:

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/2015/preseason/2015-punt-kick-return-studs-depth-charts

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^^^ yeah I also hate standard D/ST scoring. I prefer IDP, too.

Leperflesh posted:

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/2015/preseason/2015-punt-kick-return-studs-depth-charts

e;fb

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I submitted a custom request a couple days ago and it's not in here. Will it be in the Friday update?

Btw, youre doing the Lord's work

I have a fuckload of requests so I only did the ones for tomorrow. I will get to the rest in the morning.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Keeper question:

0.5PPR $200 auction league

$44 for Antonio Brown

or

$10 for Mark Ingram

I'm already keeping Demaryius and Hill for $32 total. The top running back available will be Justin Forsett, so it's kinna grim outchea

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

District Selectman posted:

Keeper question:

$44 for Antonio Brown

or

$10 for Mark Ingram

I'm already keeping Demaryius and Hill for $32 total. The top running back available will be Justin Forsett, so it's kinna grim outchea

Ooooof. That's a hard one. Brown is reliable like a T-Bill in PPR, so he's basically the 1st overall, and $44/200 ain't a bad ratio for that talent.

On the other hand, Ingram will have a great year, also has a PPR boost, is far cheaper, and is the RB1 it sounds like you need to get your hands on.

I lean Ingram, but there's no wrong choice here. Flip a coin.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have a fuckload of requests so I only did the ones for tomorrow. I will get to the rest in the morning.

no worries! thanks again! you've already helped me out a ton.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Does any of the Custom sheets happen to be a 12 team standard scoring with 30 return yards/pt?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

District Selectman posted:

Keeper question:

$44 for Antonio Brown

or

$10 for Mark Ingram

personally i'd go ingram just because going brown / demaryius means you'll have a great wr group but really banking on hill

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Why do people keep drafting 2QBs in 1QB redraft leagues?

It a) seems really dumb and b) fucks me over when I wait on QBs because I end up with a 15th ranked QB in 10 team league.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

xcore posted:

It a) seems really dumb and b) fucks me over when I wait on QBs because I end up with a 15th ranked QB in 10 team league.

Since QBs score the most points having a top quality QB as a backup for Byes/Injuries or Trades. That's why I do it at least..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
12 man league. 0.3 PPR

Yeah, 0.3 PPR

1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1 K 1D 1FLEX

I've got 4th pick. Got my BeerSheets ready....would I be crazy to forgoe a top 4 RB and grab Antonio instead?

Also, Lynch or Lacy? Lacy is young and will have Jordy out, but that dude is always injured.

I kind of want to take CJ, but I feel I can't with that high of a pick. Gotta go safe. Kind of how safe LeSean McCoy was at #1 overall last year....:(

89 fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 27, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

xcore posted:

Because most everyone has this slight OCD where they feel the need to roster a backup for every position. The savvy fantasy player will know that QBs (especially those on good teams) rarely get injured but will also know that their teammates will dumbingly draft QB2's and draft accordingly.

If you are waiting for Romo/Rivers deep in the draft you can't be surprised when all of a sudden there is a run on QB2s and you end up with Bradford.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

12 man league. 0.3 PPR

Yeah, 0.3 PPR

I've got 4th pick. Got my BeerSheets ready....would I be crazy to forgoe a top 4 RB and grab Antonio instead?

Also, Lynch or Lacy? Lacy is young and will have Jordy out, but that dude is always injured.

I kind of want to take CJ, but I feel I can't with that high of a pick. Gotta go safe. Kind of how safe LeSean McCoy was at #1 overall last year....:(

The lower the ppr, the less impactful ABrown becomes. I would go after an RB. Lacy being the preferred option unless one of the top 3 falls to you.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

12 man league. 0.3 PPR

Yeah, 0.3 PPR

Lacy is always injured?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RVProfootballer posted:

Lacy is always injured?

Seems he always has ankle issues that messes with his play

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RVProfootballer posted:

Lacy is always injured?

Yeah I'm not sure where that is coming from. He's had more concussions than I would like and is a bit notorious for leading with his head, but it only caused one missed game so far in his career. The concussion he got last year cleared up within a few days.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 27, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

89 posted:

Seems he always has ankle issues that messes with his play

Well, he did sprain his ankle once against the Falcons as a rookie in 2013, before playing the following week and going for 170 yards and a touchdown. The week after that, he went 90 yards and two touchdowns (breaking the rookie rushing record for the packers) before re-spraining the same ankle (Starks finished the game). But again, he didn't miss a single game because of it, and played the next week (week 17) where he went for 80 yards and a touchdown.

I'd say that the appropriate conclusion here is "Eddie Lacy is tough as goddamned nails". I've said it a million times but I'll say it again: a dude is not "injury prone" just because he has picked up injuries in the past.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Forever_Peace posted:

Well, he did sprain his ankle once against the Falcons as a rookie in 2013, before playing the following week and going for 170 yards and a touchdown. The week after that, he went 90 yards and two touchdowns (breaking the rookie rushing record for the packers) before re-spraining the same ankle (Starks finished the game). But again, he didn't miss a single game because of it, and played the next week (week 17) where he went for 80 yards and a touchdown.

I'd say that the appropriate conclusion here is "Eddie Lacy is tough as goddamned nails". I've said it a million times but I'll say it again: a dude is not "injury prone" just because he has picked up injuries in the past.

What was the deal with his slow start last year then?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

89 posted:

What was the deal with his slow start last year then?

@SEA, NYJ, @DET. Not sure any running back had a more brutal opening schedule than that. As soon as he started to face more reasonable defenses (week 5 vs MIN), he went for 130 yards and 2 touchdowns.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Yeah, if you didnt want to try to get people to sell low on Lacy week 4, you werent doing your job

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Because news is slow at the moment and I've been thinking way too much about football, here are 15 way-too-bold predictions for 2015.

1. Stevie Johnson breaks 65/850/7 this year and has a chance at a thousand-yard season.
2. The top 4 ppr rookies this year end up being Cooper, Perriman, Agholor, and Abdullah, in that order.
3. Scott Chandler has at least 2 weeks as a top-10 TE (my money is on NYJ).
4. Chris Ivory has per-game performances that put him squarely into the top 20 among RBs in standard, maybe the top 15.
5. Zach Zenner starts at least one game.
6. CJ Fiedorowicz will score an athletic touchdown and somebody in this thread will go "what is a CJ Fiedorowicz?"
7. Wheaton has more yards and catches in the first 8 games than Martavis.
8. Buck Allen and Zo each post 80 yard games at some point this year.
9. TWest starts the season as the browns RB1 and has at least one 100-yard game.
10. Julio Jones is the WR1 this year. OBJ doesn't finish in the top 5.
11. Fitzgerald has a better season than Allen Robinson
12. Kendall Wright finishes top-30 in ppr.
13. Ahmad Bradshaw scores a touchdown this year. I have no idea with what team.
14. Ryan Mathews finishes the year as the most valuable handcuff.
15. Spiller finishes top 15 among RBs in ppr.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Yeah, if you didnt want to try to get people to sell low on Lacy week 4, you werent doing your job

Got him for Reggie Bush straight up after week 3 last year :smug:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Given this situation last year, is there a RB1 who is facing an early tough schedule that we should all keep an eye on for an early trade?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Given this situation last year, is there a RB1 who is facing an early tough schedule that we should all keep an eye on for an early trade?

AP, Leveon, and Forte.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I predict a blowout game for LeVeon week one against the Pats, who have struggled against Running backs on and off. They'll double team Antonio Brown and Bell will score 25pts +. After that, I'm not sure about but maybe if he has a big game week one and falls off he might be trade bait.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, looking up SOS myself and Bell has two tough games out of his first four after his suspension (STL right after and ARI in week 6 with SD and BAL sandwiched between). Afterwards, there's only SEA in week 12 and DEN in week 15 that poses a major defensive challenge for the rest of the season.

Forte has GB (always a tough game regardless of either team's seasons), then ARI and SEA back-to-back. Following week 3 would definitely be a good time to lowball Forte since afterwards is OAK, KC, DEN (in CHI), BYE, MIN, and SD which range from good to ok matchups.

AP appears to have an okay schedule, at least through week 8. Only DEN (at DEN) is a major challenge. His back half of the season appears troublesome with rough matchups with STL, SEA, ARI. But these are mixed in with great matchups against OAK, CHI and ATL. AP could be sold high after the OAK, GB, ATL stretch in week 12/13. He's got SEA and ARI right before and for the start of the fantasy playoffs.

Even Lacy might be able to be bought low early in the season. Before the bye in week 7, the Packers only have one favorable matchup (week 1 vs CHI) and face SEA and STL in that stretch. The rest of his season looks pretty good so I'd definitely attempt to buy low on him following either SEA or STL game.

I'm really concerned by Jeremy Hill's schedule. CIN has the highest SOS for running backs and it shows. CIN plays SEA, BUF, PIT, HOU, ARI, STL, PIT, and DEN from week 5 through 16. Only a couple of weeks are really favorable. Maybe sell high after week 4.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I predict a blowout game for LeVeon week one against the Pats, who have struggled against Running backs on and off. They'll double team Antonio Brown and Bell will score 25pts +. After that, I'm not sure about but maybe if he has a big game week one and falls off he might be trade bait.

Can't wait to see him put up 25+ pts while he's suspended.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I bet he scores zero points the first two weeks.....

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

This is a joke right?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pretty sure he just forgot / didn't know about the suspension everyone it's fine moving on.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
everyone has to beat a simple mistake into the ground to prove how smart they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

TommyGun85 posted:

everyone has to beat a simple mistake into the ground to prove how smart they are.

Fantasy Football is back baby!

• Locked thread