Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm playing through ideas that would make me actually keep the found garbage weapons instead of immediately selling them to reach the next/final perk weapon ASAP to keep up with the wave difficulty and they all boil down to me hating the weight capacity limit because as soon as i get the Best Giant Gun For My Class it maxes my carry limit and there's at best two choices of sidearms left.

Doesn't help that it's sometimes better to skip the middle tier because it sets you back a ton on the way to the final loadout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm going to throw my voice in the heap of saying that you guys implemented the wrong change to fix power progression not being where you want it to be. I'm also going to agree that at this point you should just remove battlefield weapons because whenever I see them I either go "oh hey, $150," or "why couldn't have this been ammo/armor?" I never use them or even consider using them because by the time I see them I already have something better or am over capacity.

The idea that players should be using the pistols to conserve ammo/money is antithetical to your own design paradigm. You made us all start with perk weapons because perk weapons are loving cool and this is a game about killing poo poo and being loving cool about it. Now you want us to forgo the cool poo poo to plink away with milquetoast pistols all for the sake of balance. Yeah, screw that. I want to be able to run around a map firing my cool guns in the air to the beat of the music for shits and giggles on normal because I'm having a good time. I keep playing matches where I just run bone dry as support & commando even playing conservatively because, more often than not, I'm making up for unskilled or dead players.

If you want to punish lovely ammo management, then quadruple maximum ammo capacity and double the cost of ammo. That way players can have fun on lower difficulties just firing into crowds, but have to play more conservatively on higher difficulties. Hell, make ammo boxes only appear on lower difficulties, too.

I'd also point out that in the 40 hours I have in this game, about 3/4th of the matches I've played have included rounds where players leave a handful of zeds alive so they can go scavage. I understand your desire to kill this behavior because it's simply not fun and it punishes those that are new to the game. Lowering our ammo only incentives this behavior, so I don't know what you guys were thinking.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You can do weird custom poo poo to a server right? Has someone made a custom mutator or whatever which just ups the available number of ammo box spawns?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Propaganda Hour posted:

I never use them or even consider using them because by the time I see them I already have something better or am over capacity.

I will use them on like, waves 1-2, and it's basically "I will use this varmint rifle off-perk to save some dosh so I can get my t2/3 gun sooner." Sure, I'd probably prefer an on-perk ammo box but the gun is some extra ammo plus a hundred dosh for the tradeoff of not using an on-perk gun with all my sweet perk bonuses. Seems fair, especially now that the throw down and pickup for 150% sell price trick doesn't work anymore.

But as we've all noticed - those offperk guns don't spawn on waves 1-2 anymore for all practical purposes. And as you say - the resource scarcity early incentivizes spending even longer loving around hoping you can find that one ammo box because tougher zeds spawn earlier now (sirens) and scrakes still show up on wave 4 of a 7-wave game and you still need weapons to handle scrakes.

Akimbos as a pickup option are good and I'd like to see that stay. Any other future universal-perk-weapons (akimbo KNIVES obviously) would fit in the same category of good and fun weapon pickups. Otherwise, like you, I'd rather see an un-nerfed ammo box nine times out of ten.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I only used spawned weapons like once or twice, and that's from 5+ years of KF playing.

Ever since the patch, the time they really start spawning in is when they're uselss. Nobody's going to be thankful for a T1 shotgun or assault rifle when they're packing T3 and T4 gear.

quote:

The idea that players should be using the pistols to conserve ammo/money is antithetical to your own design paradigm. You made us all start with perk weapons because perk weapons are loving cool and this is a game about killing poo poo and being loving cool about it. Now you want us to forgo the cool poo poo to plink away with milquetoast pistols all for the sake of balance. Yeah, screw that. I want to be able to run around a map firing my cool guns in the air to the beat of the music for shits and giggles on normal because I'm having a good time. I keep playing matches where I just run bone dry as support & commando even playing conservatively because, more often than not, I'm making up for unskilled or dead players.

Agreed 100%. I thought the point of adding on-perk weapons when you spawn was that so any class could do plenty of damage off the bat with their class weapons instead of having everyone using piss-weak 9mm Pistols.

I assumed that pistols only (unless you had a high level perk) on wave one was just a relic form KF's Counter-Strike influence, but apparently the devs actually think having really rely on your pistol at Wave 1 is a good idea. It's stupid.

The 9mm Pistol certainly has it's uses as a reliable sidearm for classes, like Demo and Support, that need it for various reasons, but having everyone rely on it at some point is loving retarded and a really lame attempt at trying to add survival to the game.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

This is pretty much what I feel about it all.

This whole thing feels odd cause I don't ever remember in KF1 having troubles with servers going "hold up guys lets search for weapons on the ground"(edit: but I never ventured much past hard.) at near the end of a wave. Hell, a handcannon and armor was a dream come true. Early high tier weapons, yay.

Edit2: Does anyone feel like for the power of it, 9mm ammo is insanely expensive? I never refill it cause it seems like a waste of dosh.

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 27, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

It's nice that 9mm pistols spawn, now, but they spawn so rarely as to be useless. And again, the later they spawn, the less utility they have. People already have good weapons/too much weight by wave 2, especially in a 7 wave server.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Broose posted:

This is pretty much what I feel about it all.

This whole thing feels odd cause I don't ever remember in KF1 having troubles with servers going "hold up guys lets search for weapons on the ground"(edit: but I never ventured much past hard.) at near the end of a wave. Hell, a handcannon and armor was a dream come true. Early high tier weapons, yay.

Edit2: Does anyone feel like for the power of it, 9mm ammo is insanely expensive? I never refill it cause it seems like a waste of dosh.

Yeah, that's something I noticed a long time ago. 9mm ammo is stupid pricy for how weak it is. I'd never bother spending dosh on ammo for it until it got to the point where I'd just hit auto-fill because I have all my guns locked in for the run. It'd fill up on its own over time from disuse + ammo boxes so I'd always have it to rely on anyway. That's suddenly seeming a lot less viable/meaningful though, in this extreme scarcity future we now live in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'm going to throw my voice in the heap of saying that you guys implemented the wrong change to fix power progression not being where you want it to be. I'm also going to agree that at this point you should just remove battlefield weapons because whenever I see them I either go "oh hey, $150," or "why couldn't have this been ammo/armor?" I never use them or even consider using them because by the time I see them I already have something better or am over capacity.

If you want to punish lovely ammo management, then quadruple maximum ammo capacity and double the cost of ammo. That way players can have fun on lower difficulties just firing into crowds, but have to play more conservatively on higher difficulties. Hell, make ammo boxes only appear on lower difficulties, too.

I'd also point out that in the 40 hours I have in this game, about 3/4th of the matches I've played have included rounds where players leave a handful of zeds alive so they can go scavage. I understand your desire to kill this behavior because it's simply not fun and it punishes those that are new to the game. Lowering our ammo only incentives this behavior, so I don't know what you guys were thinking.

that pistol thing is p good im glad you wrote this because that says it better than I could have

pistol should imo be, zombies are onyour rear end and you are hosed and your gun is out of ammo or its a long reload and oh poo poo I need to kill this motherfucker

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Propaganda Hour posted:

These are good and constructive points on the matter compared to me just going "Nerf Bad, NERF BAD! :saddowns:"

Broose posted:

While I'm hazy on the comparisons in Beta, In Live both the 9mm and Medic pistol cost 160 Dosh for a full reload.

For comparison, in the non beta build-

quote:

Numbers in order of weapon Tier. For example, Varmint rifle, bullpup, AK, SCAR.

Grenades: 200
9mm: 160

Commando weapons:
120, 195, 200, 375.

Support weapons (without Ammo talent):
240, 240, 240, 400.

Medic:
160, 135, 180, 220.

Berserker:
Nope, 225, 350, 500(150 gas)

9mm is Two Headshots to kill a Clot piss weak on Hard+ (unless they changed that in Beta?), I doubt dual 9mm would change that. And now you have 1 less mag to start and 2 less mags total in the Beta, where you have to land 14 consecutive headshots from a 15 ammo mag to kill 7 clots.

9mm when not playing Commando with the Backup Talent turned on, is mostly to save "Real" ammo for a small group of trash or plugging crawlers in general instead of wasting shotgun ammo or playing awkward whack-a-mole with zerker, since in the Live build Crawlers resist slashing but are weak to bullets, so 2 9mm bullets anywhere kills a Crawler on Live, while the Katana takes 4 primary swings, or 2 alt swings to kill it when not a leveled zerker.

dogstile posted:

Stab things with your knives guys.

E: Not to say the ammo thing feels way off, but stab and shoot, or vice versa.

Hmm, if Crawlers take two alt swings with a katana to kill them... How much effort does it take to kill a crawler with a knife?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 27, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Stab things with your knives guys.

E: Not to say the ammo thing feels way off, but stab and shoot, or vice versa.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I was going to post more words but then I forgot them so they're not important, have some gifs instead:

explosions are cool & good

not pictured: the assload of punishment hans took before dying on 3-man normal

bug report :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Section Z posted:

Hmm, if Crawlers take two alt swings with a katana to kill them... How much effort does it take to kill a crawler with a knife?

I dunno, i'm talking about first wave clots. gently caress trying to melee crawlers.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ClonedPickle posted:

I was going to post more words but then I forgot them so they're not important, have some gifs instead:

explosions are cool & good

I think my favorite part of all this is that the Scrake didn't even rage. Cool scrake still looked at your explosion though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I dunno about you guys, but for Solo- at least Normal Solo- I feel right at home with the Demo.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Questioner86 posted:

Glad everyone is playing in the beta and giving feedback, I am reading all of it. :toot:

Yoshiro made a post explaining the intent of the ammo changes and I'll paraphrase to give you the reasoning behind it. There is going to be more iteration but the data we've been collecting has shown a couple of things that make the game less fun.

In general, there were too many weapon and ammo pickups in the world. This allowed people to neglect buying ammo during the early waves, which effects how frequently they're able to upgrade their weapons. We're making changes to a few systems to try and fine tune what waves people are upgrading their weapons. We're cool with a skilled player buying a weapon a wave early but if you're getting your tier 4 weapon at the end of the second wave the game is going to be a snooze fest since the game works best when you're getting the "correct" weapons for the ZEDs that are in the wave you're playing, low level guys get killed by your starting weapon or pistol, mid-level guys get murdered by your mid-tier weapons and the big scary ZEDs start spawning just in time for you to have gotten your high tier weapons. Once we get everything tuned in hopefully we won't see people running around the map kiting ZEDs looking for weapons to sell and we won't see people finishing the first couple of waves using only ammo they've scavenged and getting high tier weapons WAY too early.
Has the idea of scaling up spawns as waves increase been floated? It strikes me that if people are running around and scavenging too much on early waves, one could reduce the benefit rather directly by simply making spare weapons not spawn at all until wave 2 or 3 (depending on medium/long) and ammo spawn less frequently until certain wave breakpoints have been met.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

This is a good post.

Really if any weapons are going to spawn, it should either just be a 9mm or the medic pistol. These are the only ones that people will actually maybe use occasionally instead of just viewing them as a pile of dosh with extra weight.

I've been playing KF since the release of KF1 and I don't remember ever using a weapon I picked up that wasn't a pistol (handcannon pickup was legit) beyond finishing off a wave with the shotgun to level up support or bullpup to level commando. They're never useful because they suck off perk, and they're really heavy so they take up space. So they just become something to rush your progression to better weapons, which is kind of dumb. And that actively encourages people to leave stuff alive at the end of waves to scavenge, which is weird and not fun, and also encourages splitting up, which is the opposite of what should be happening.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Questioner86 posted:

Yoshiro made a post explaining the intent of the ammo changes and I'll paraphrase to give you the reasoning behind it. There is going to be more iteration but the data we've been collecting has shown a couple of things that make the game less fun.

In general, there were too many weapon and ammo pickups in the world. This allowed people to neglect buying ammo during the early waves, which effects how frequently they're able to upgrade their weapons

I don't understand how you from the problem of "too many gun and ammo spawns" to the cluster gently caress of what we have now. Why not just lower or remove said pickups, instead of going completely hog wild and loving with the basic premise of the game, shooting things.

The new system is significantly less fun, and I really hope it's not another 4 month gap before we get this addressed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The funny thing about the 9mm is that the medic spawns with a pistol that's far stronger than it.

While I agree that forcing usage of the 9mm is dumb, maybe try to make it a little stronger so it doesn't feel like a lovely pea shooter, a clot should not take 2 headshots.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

The funny thing about the 9mm is that the medic spawns with a pistol that's far stronger than it.

While I agree that forcing usage of the 9mm is dumb, maybe try to make it a little stronger so it doesn't feel like a lovely pea shooter, a clot should not take 2 headshots.

Yeah but the Medic pistol is an actual perk weapon, at least.

The 9mm needing two headshots to kill trash unless you have a "Good at Pistols" toggle does make some sense (PS Gunslinger better have all passive and active benefits apply to the 9mm). The problem is when the design skews to saying "Well why aren't you relying on it more then?!" while simultaneously slashing the ammo on the weakest gun in the game. It SHOULD be the weakest gun in the game, but the fact it already is makes the fact even it got nerfed that much more :psyduck:

Dual 9mm is still the same damage per shot, you're not going to kill trash any faster just because you have two of them, beyond a potential rate if fire difference. Nevermind that it also apparently weighs 2 to have dual 9mm because ???

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 27, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So I got to Hans for the first time after the patch and HOLY gently caress HIS MELEE. It's ridiculous. It's a 2shot on everyone bar lvl 25 berserkers, and he uses it so often, from such range and with so much homing it's obscene. We were a 6 man team stocked to the brim with ammo and explosions. Gas, grenades, gunfire, Hunt Mode, nothing even fazed us.

Every single one of us died to the 2-hit combo swing. The first hit ate through my 124 armour and left me with 36 HP. I've never seen him use it so often before.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hans melee does 54 on a level 25 Zerk, if you aren't using the 200 health perk, you will melt.

At this point the best strat I found for him is to have the zerker bop him and block a bit then run while Hans focuses on the zerker everyone unloads into him, requires a medic to keep the zerk alive though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Found a bug - if you join a server and switch perks before actually joining the match, the button to do so disappears and you are stuck permanently in the lobby.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Is there any way to disable controller via config files or something? For whatever reason it's seeing my flight stick as an xbox controller and disabling mouse/keyboard for all intents and purposes, and unplugging my flight stick from the back of my computer is not something I feel like doing every time I want to play.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Found a good strat for FPs as a zerk, use the smash perk, aim for the head then alt fire the poo poo out of them while they're on the floor, if everyone unloads you'll kill it outright or severely hurt it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

If you're going to cheat at least play on HoE?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Shumagorath posted:

Someone who cheated levels probably can't cut it in Hell on Earth.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

AndroidHub posted:

Is there any way to disable controller via config files or something? For whatever reason it's seeing my flight stick as an xbox controller and disabling mouse/keyboard for all intents and purposes, and unplugging my flight stick from the back of my computer is not something I feel like doing every time I want to play.
I had the same problem. Go to My Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFEngine.ini, search for "AllowJoystickInput" and replace the 1 with a 0. Tripwire should add an option to disable controllers in the options menu IMO.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The way I look at it is if Tripwire wants you to use pistols, then I'll go Medic the first few waves and use a legit good pistol instead of trying to plink poo poo to death with the 9mm Pistol, like they seem to want.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

closeted republican posted:

The way I look at it is if Tripwire wants you to use pistols, then I'll go Medic the first few waves and use a legit good pistol instead of trying to plink poo poo to death with the 9mm Pistol, like they seem to want.

Ditto. Doesn't hurt Medic's my favorite class. Honestly the 9mm should be bumped up to the med-pistol's level current. Medics will likely still prefer the med-pistol just for the darts and holosight.

If TW really wanted to differentiated it they could always make the med-pistol shoot slower but hit harder (still have the same/similar damage over time, just spread out over slower, heavier hitting shots).

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

Found a good strat for FPs as a zerk, use the smash perk, aim for the head then alt fire the poo poo out of them while they're on the floor, if everyone unloads you'll kill it outright or severely hurt it.

Works on Scrakes and Hans, too, it seems. You can also seemingly parry the "unparryable" Scrake attacks, they just don't stagger the Scrake. You just take what seems to be reduced damage? I could be wrong, but I was definitely seeing the successful parry effect.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hello, played a few rounds and the new ammo nerfs can suck the sweat from my dangling nutsack, thanks for reading :)

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Expert ricochet shot from ClonedPickle:

And then some other stuff:

E: Really, though, let's talk about the Eviscerator for a second. It's totally usable, don't get me wrong. But relative to the Pulverizer/Zweihander, it's garbage. It costs more, is kind of ammo intensive, and just doesn't feel that powerful. I can buy a Zweihander by round 3, perhaps round 2 if things go really well, and then basically never spend another cent for the rest of the match. Absolutely no incentive to pick up the Eviscerator.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 27, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So how is the new flex/gore system in the beta? Is it worth turning on? My last experience with it was Borederlands 2 and I remember it being meh but utterly destroying FPS

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

There's an actual, but super short chance, that is legit. I made it to level 7 Firebug just playing for a few hours.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I feel like recording my stupid Solo training adventure to a usable Demo/Firebug. With the following specs and a want to keep full Flex on, should I downsize to 1280x720 or similar?

Computer Specifications Thing posted:

Processor AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Manufacturer AMD
Speed 3.9 GHz
Number of Cores 4
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Dedicated Memory 2048 MB
Total Memory 3.9 GB
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Edition
Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
So yes, it seems that the last 3 or 4 enemies of any wave go into a rage mode and relentlessly hunt down the player(s). The reason is obvious, it's to stop dragging out waves kiting enemies and probably the whole "make the game more fast-paced" thing, but here's the problem:

With the other changes you now have fleshpounds and scrakes with sometimes-unblockable attacks (although parry seems to reduce the damage still, as pointed out) and of course you won't be able to get away as much to reload/heal/whatever.

Saving the biggest guys for last is now a risky strategy since everyone is probably going to be almost out of ammo by the end of later waves anyways and you don't want 3 or 4 scrakes/fleshpounds chasing you at once. Scavenging for ammo in these later waves to take out that last scrake/fleshpound is also risky now.

Enemies can still teleport, sometimes you can just barely outrun the thing chasing you but when it appears right in front of you again, have fun.

If you have a whole team this probably isn't as big of an issue but how many games have you played where by the time you get to the last few enemies in the later waves you have 1 or 2 players left?

Remember that in KF1 if things went to poo poo you had 2 big strategies: kite or hold up. Reminder that doors still break once their health threshold is reached regardless of weld strength and they don't come back.

Also, in KF1 enemies were a little more predictable in where they came from. I know Tripwire wants to keep things intense but for a class like Demo where you can kill yourself with your own weapons and some like the m79 require a minimum arming distance it seems unfair that most bad guys are right in your face, appearing from corners and stairways, dropping out of the ceiling and springing from the floor no matter where you are. There's a lack of open spaces comparable to KF1 or long corridors/tunnels you can channel enemies through or hold-up areas where enemies only come from 2 or 3 directions. I bring up Demo here because in KF1 a strategy was if there was a scrake or fleshpound left and you were the last player to plink them away into raging and then unloading the M32 into them and/or leading them into a pile of pipe bombs. Good luck doing that when a perpetually-angry fleshpound is on your rear end the whole time. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather wait for someone to spend 5 minutes to take out a last enemy than lose and start all over. Pretty much the only enemy that made watching someone solo boring was the Patriarch because that guy could take 20+ minutes for one player to kill on six-player hard/suicidal.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

My thoughts:

-The new changes are forcing people to use pistols too much. I didn't pick a class because I wanted a cool new way to shoot the same pistol, and trying to decide whether I want to use my real gun or a lovely pistol to dispatch a trash mob is not an interesting or fun choice. I struggle to understand why a class' basic gun doesn't have unlimited ammo at this point.

-If support has a lovely gun, the answer isn't to nerf all other support guns until they are as lovely as their worst gun. Come on, I can't even finish wave 1 without a pistol or running around to find a couple of crates. That's too much.

-The new street level is way too big. Groups are using like 20% of the playspace. The rest of it is corridors leading to nothing.

-As far as the whole meta of the game. Lots of players have already gotten bored and switched to servers that offer free level 25. The leveling system should be offering more playstyle choice and not "this many more levels til you can play on Suicidal."

All right, to stop complaining for a minute:

-Firebug and demo are both really, really fun. It's a bit vexing why you would pick support over either of these right now. In general most groups I play are barely even bothering with welding doors, which is a boring thing to be good at anyway. I suppose Support gets lots of hp, but gimped ammo is just a really bad way to balance this class.

-Good on ya for explaining to people what the hell to do for the boss and if I'm not mistaken, making it easier to see where the grenades are landing.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

Remember that in KF1 if things went to poo poo you had 2 big strategies: kite or hold up. Reminder that doors still break once their health threshold is reached regardless of weld strength and they don't come back.

I would like to see no more Kiting Floor in this game ever. Most groups that are kiting are just dragging out a TPK in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I would like to see no more Kiting Floor in this game ever. Most groups that are kiting are just dragging out a TPK in my experience.

Right, so give us back the ability to weld doors to make a hold-out room, not make them a mild inconvenience only one time per door. Because right now the only option is to start moving and keep moving when things go bad, and if they go too bad it's just going to turn into kiting all the time. It's like, they took one of the strategies away and then made the other much more difficult with teleporting enemies, increased spawn points, and enraged foes at the end of the wave. Plus, there were strategies for demo at least to weld a door, put pipe bombs down, and let them break through or just nail them with a bunch of grenades/LAW rocket. Maybe if they at least let doors come back between waves that would be viable again.