Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Everyone should build a Ginyu force team if you can get all of them as SR

It owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kelp Plankton posted:

It owns

I'm waiting until I Z-awaken them, but mmm all-sayain team still seems better, partly because friends list are nothing but saiyans

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I feel like the only reason you would want to save up stones is if you're looking for a banner in particular, there's no real reason to wait until you have enough for a multi-pull.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

It owns

Seconded. They can really dish out some damage. Recoome, especially, is a beast. I'd even say that a lot of the R versions are worth having for flexibility. It's nice to be able to shift your team to various types without losing too much oomph. STR Ginyu, TEQ Jeice, and INT or PHY Guldo all work quite nicely. I don't know about STR Recoome, but he's probably alright. I'll awaken the one I have and take a look, it's cheap enough.

They really shine with a good rainbow leader like EoI Frieza, SSJ Bardock, or Fasha, obviously. Any other good ones?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 27, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Aurora posted:

I feel like the only reason you would want to save up stones is if you're looking for a banner in particular, there's no real reason to wait until you have enough for a multi-pull.

Single pulls are apparently better if you're looking for a specific SSR. What you want is super gokus and more single pulls means more goku chances. But some people get lucky and get like three or four SSRs in one multiple pull. So it doesn't seem like it really matters.
EDIT: Got King Vegita! Now to go back to furiously gathering stones.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 27, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I seem to be getting a lot more super rare draws recently, did they adjust the drop rate?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Upcoming Strike Event (It's not live yet) is Piccolo Jr.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dang I was hoping the strike events would repeat too. What's piccolo's deal anyway? The evil piccolo was half of the original namekian right? So he spits out Piccolo, and that's the piccolo we see in DBZ and he's not evil anymore? So why is he still considered half of Kami.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nuebot posted:

Dang I was hoping the strike events would repeat too. What's piccolo's deal anyway? The evil piccolo was half of the original namekian right? So he spits out Piccolo, and that's the piccolo we see in DBZ and he's not evil anymore? So why is he still considered half of Kami.

He's like a reincarnation of King Piccolo

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Testekill posted:

He's like a reincarnation of King Piccolo

They say that, but he acts nothing like his dad. He's more like a clone with a better looking chin.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Upcoming Strike Event (It's not live yet) is Piccolo Jr.

Are you from the future? How did you even get that?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rudoku posted:

They say that, but he acts nothing like his dad. He's more like a clone with a better looking chin.

He was born with all of his dad's power and memories, but he grew up with his own personality. That's why he was able to eventually become not evil.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Are you from the future? How did you even get that?

I got that announcement as well several hours ago, I'm in Spain if that matters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I finally got it, I had the same "instance" of my game that I had last night but I restarted my phone this morning and it was there when I re-opened the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sometimes they just upload things early or whatever. Like when the bardock image changed early and such.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Did this thread just get moved to the Anime forum?

I mean, it kind of makes sense...

And yeah, Recoome is unusually resilient for a guy I maxed a while ago. I have one awakened PHY maxed at lvl 60, and he's still my number 1 for defense.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

CzarChasm posted:

And yeah, Recoome is unusually resilient for a guy I maxed a while ago. I have one awakened PHY maxed at lvl 60, and he's still my number 1 for defense.

It's been here since its inception.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

It has always been here :)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, Kid Goku is a lot better that I thought. I awakened him and the old Event Vegeta to help me farm medals today and he's really impressive. The only real weak link in my AGI team is an SR* Videl. I have SR AGI 18, but I haven't leveled her up yet. She'd work nicely with Fasha.

Shame I'm back to being broke after that. Oh well, not like I'll need the zeni for Bardock until they give me the medal I need.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I won't be broke again in this game - sitting at 4.5million zeni.

I think farming these strikes for items have led me to getting ton of cash from completing it on HARD.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

I won't be broke again in this game - sitting at 4.5million zeni.

I think farming these strikes for items have led me to getting ton of cash from completing it on HARD.

I was at 3 million, then I got an SSR. Then started working on color teams. Then got the other Ginyu Force SRs. At 2 million for an SSR to UR and 600k for SR to SSR, it went quick.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Eh, I have 9 million sitting around. I could use a SSR or two to work on plus I have the reward Supreme Kai medals too.

This game's brutal RNG though...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

okay, gently caress multi-pulls. I just did 2 singles and got 2 SSRs, PHY Piccolo and Super Saiyan Gohan (teen). I still want a Bardock but I'll take these.

edit: Before this I have done like 5 multi-pulls and haven't had a single SSR (but more SR then I should).

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 27, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I'd sure love one of those natural SSRs.

Still have 0 :(

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Webbeh posted:

I'd sure love one of those natural SSRs.

Still have 0 :(

Do single pulls, the 10 pulls are rigged whale bait.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, getting two from pulls pretty much means you have better than average luck already assuming you'd using the free stones.

Has anyone here managed the 10 Support Items mission btw?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

4 natural SSR's got expensive. I've been Z-Awakening my B- and C- teams too (an all Z-fighters team and more recently an "SR Androids minus 19 because I don't have one so I threw Trunks and Cell in instead" team), so I'm down to 700k.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
For what it's worth, I got both my SSRs from 10-pulls.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

pixaal posted:

Do single pulls, the 10 pulls are rigged whale bait.

Out of Dragon Stones until the next event.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Echophonic posted:

For what it's worth, I got both my SSRs from 10-pulls.

Yeah I've gotten all of mine from 10-pulls except my first.

I don't think there's a difference in 10-pulls and individuals other than the guaranteed SR or higher. Which makes the 10-pulls a better option.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Higher chance of Super Saiyan Goku. I got extremely lucky and pulled a Super Saiyan Goku event during my 10-pull.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Higher chance of Super Saiyan Goku. I got extremely lucky and pulled a Super Saiyan Goku event during my 10-pull.

Is there proof SSJ Goku actually means anything apart from hearsay on the internet?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

KoB posted:

Is there proof SSJ Goku actually means anything apart from hearsay on the internet?

Well, it's just technically a higher pull event but I've gotten a SR+ everytime I've got one, and during friend pulls, I've gotten at least a rare.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SSJ Goku on dragonstone summon means you're getting SR or SSR

SSJ Goku on friend summon means you're getting an R or SR

Applies to both solo pulls and group pulls, though you can get friend SRs or stone SSRs without SSJ Goku. he just seems to boost the chance to 100% for friend R or stone SR and then there's a chance it'll be something better than that too

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was reading something on reddit that the pull is decided as soon as you hit the button and cash in the stones. You can force kill the app after the stones are spent and the new characters will be in your inventory. Basically means it just decides to make Goku SSJ after the fact, I'd think.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

SSJ Goku on dragonstone summon means you're getting SR or SSR

SSJ Goku on friend summon means you're getting an R or SR

Applies to both solo pulls and group pulls, though you can get friend SRs or stone SSRs without SSJ Goku. he just seems to boost the chance to 100% for friend R or stone SR and then there's a chance it'll be something better than that too

That doesnt mean anything. It could just mean it makes Goku SSJ when youre getting an SR, not the other way around.

They want people to spend big so having the 5 pull be "better" doesnt make sense.

Buttermonster
Jul 11, 2003

Nuebot posted:

But some people get lucky and get like three or four SSRs in one multiple pull. So it doesn't seem like it really matters.

The game threw this at me as a consolation prize after failing to get Chilled and segway Freeza. Will stick to single pulls from now on though. Previous three multipulls yielded 2 srs each and a lot of garbage.

Buttermonster fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 27, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

pixaal posted:

okay, gently caress multi-pulls. I just did 2 singles and got 2 SSRs, PHY Piccolo and Super Saiyan Gohan (teen). I still want a Bardock but I'll take these.

edit: Before this I have done like 5 multi-pulls and haven't had a single SSR (but more SR then I should).

It's funny when you occasionally see people in this thread basically using gambler logic - "This machine is definitely hitting more because I won three times in a row on it!"

I'm 99% certain that in the long-run multi-rolls are slightly better than single ones due to the guaranteed SR (though only slightly, since the chance of randomly not getting a single SR out of 10 rolls is probably pretty low). Otherwise they probably function based on the exact same mechanics.

The 99% is only because I guess it's technically possible for them to randomly engineer in a higher SSR drop rate for single pulls, but there's literally no reason for them to do so and it's almost certainly just confirmation bias and a bunch of people not understanding probability.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 27, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope they put in Xenoverse stuff because I want Supreme Kai of Time in my party

We already have Xenoverse coat Trunks cmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Just to relate my experience on pulls: I did a single pull the other day, Goku was Super Saiyan and all I got was a rare. You can at least take that as evidence that yellow-hair does not equal guaranteed better than rare. Who knows if it affects overall percentages.

Conversely I've summoned multiple SRs with Goku looking normal. I have yet to summon a SSR.