Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Technically there's still issues of Bendis and Maleev's Scarlet that were advertised and haven't come out. The last issue ended on a cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Captain America White. Issue 0 came out in 2008 and issue 1 is coming out later this year.

Also what are the best old Young Justice Storylines for a new reader and is any of Impulse worth reading once Waid leaves?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 27, 2015

Unmature
May 9, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Captain America White. Issue 0 came out in 2008 and issue 1 is coming out later this year.

I'll believe it when I sees it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

bobkatt013 posted:

Also what are the best old Young Justice Storylines for a new reader and is any of Impulse worth reading once Waid leaves?

I stopped reading impulse around the time he shaved his head. I can't remember if Waid was still writing it at that point.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Rhyno posted:

At the time of #40 Lapham said he had little to no interest in continuing the series though.

I don't remember it that way. Maybe I'm wrong but I though it was "I have a family now, and contract work pays so much better, so I'll get to it when I get to it..."

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Gaz-L posted:

Technically there's still issues of Bendis and Maleev's Scarlet that were advertised and haven't come out. The last issue ended on a cliffhanger.

I forgot about that book! It's been two years since issue seven. And issue six came out two years after issue five.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

hadji murad posted:

For all his faults, Skeletor at least surrounded himself with diverse people.

And I imagine Frank Miller hates Christmas.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Not entirely...........

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gavok posted:

If something made my heart triple in size I probably wouldn't be too fond of it either.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

irlZaphod posted:

Astonishing X-Men was plagued with delays, even though they took a scheduled break after the first "season" to let Cassaday get ahead.

I've heard that Astonishing was meant to be the big new tent-pole X-Men book, but they fell far behind enough that House of M actually managed to overtake them completely and put paid to that plan (if there was such a plan).

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He got six issues of Runaways out in about a year and a half. Just in time to get a third #1.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

bobkatt013 posted:

The whole David/Nauck series of Young Justice is one of my favorite things ever, but for highlights, I guess I'd go with Sins of Youth and the buildup towards it, and the Our Worlds at War crossover and the aftermath. Issue 50 is really fun, too, as they recruit all the then-active teen heroes in the DC Universe and go invade a country.

As to your second question, no.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lost Girls had maybe two regular-sized issues come out in 1991 and then nothing until 2009(?) when it all came out at once.

It would have been better if it turned out like Big Numbers, of course.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

There's always Battle Chasers ha ha ha

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

irlZaphod posted:

There's always Battle Chasers ha ha ha

Ironically, there's not always Battle Chasers, in fact statistically speaking there's almost never Battle Chasers

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like this thing of stuff being delayed so late that the series meant to be following it comes out before it ends.
It's gonna be fun reading the first month of the Marvel relaunch before Secret Wars is over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
To the haters, later in the series there is a second good run of Impulse, Ethan Van Sciver did some great stuff on that book.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Rhyno posted:

To the haters, later in the series there is a second good run of Impulse, Ethan Van Sciver did some great stuff on that book.

This. Todd Dezago was a perfectly serviceable writer and understood Bart pretty well. poo poo I just picked up the "Mercury Falling" trade of Impulse (which is now coverbranded as a "Flash" storyline but doesn't feature Wally at all lol) and its a pretty good story.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Rat Queens was supposed to be basically a monthly book, but, including the special issue, has managed to get 12 issues out in two years. They've only gotten 4 issues out since January of this year, and only got 5 issues out last year, total. They've gone through two artists already, due to the first being a piece of poo poo wife-beater, and the second, who worked on Witchblade, apparently is a sickly bastard.

I kinda want to force Kurt Wiebe to reveal whether he's slow as gently caress at writing poo poo, or if he just needs to hire Greg Land so he can at least meet deadlines. At the end of November last year, Image was still advertising dates of December 17 for issue 9 and December 24 for issue 10. (Neither one happened).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

kizudarake posted:

or if he just needs to hire Greg Land so he can at least meet deadlines.

You have more patience than that, buddy.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 28, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I escaped most superdelayed series. The only ones that I remember sticking out are The Twelve and then Ultimate Wolverine/Hulk.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

kizudarake posted:

Rat Queens was supposed to be basically a monthly book, but, including the special issue, has managed to get 12 issues out in two years. They've only gotten 4 issues out since January of this year, and only got 5 issues out last year, total. They've gone through two artists already, due to the first being a piece of poo poo wife-beater, and the second, who worked on Witchblade, apparently is a sickly bastard.

Some books are a lot worse than others, but I've gotten used to regular delays and hiatuses as a part of the schedule on most of the creator-owned books these days. Just glancing over some that haven't had awful release schedules, Sex Criminals is also on track for 12 issues in 2 years and Southern Bastards has only done 10 in a year and a half. Trees is back to monthly again, but for about half a year over the past winter it only shipped 2 or 3 times and I remember thinking that it seemed pretty par for the course for a lot of these newer titles.

There are so many books I'm trying to keep up with that I can't really complain, it just gets annoying when you get super into a certain title and it disappears for a few months without warning.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god where the gently caress is Prophet.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Oh my god where the gently caress is Prophet.

Coming out in December.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I thought Prophet was supposed to be finished by now so the delays kinda confuse me, especially since it seemed pretty consistent during the main run.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Why are or why do so many X-Men characters end up turning blue? Off the top of my head, there's Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Archangel, and Maggott.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Blue is exotic without seeming reptilian.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

Why are or why do so many X-Men characters end up turning blue? Off the top of my head, there's Beast, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Archangel, and Maggott.

For the first three or four I bet half of it is limitations at printers of the day.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I know this comes up every few pages or so, but is marvel unlimited worth it? Secret wars is getting me back into buying issues again, but I've already dropped over $100. Am I correct in assuming that while I would get access to all the tie-ins, it would be at least 6 months, if not more before they were available?

Related, is there any reason X 92 seems to be the only one without digital copy included?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CzarChasm posted:

I know this comes up every few pages or so, but is marvel unlimited worth it? Secret wars is getting me back into buying issues again, but I've already dropped over $100. Am I correct in assuming that while I would get access to all the tie-ins, it would be at least 6 months, if not more before they were available?

Related, is there any reason X 92 seems to be the only one without digital copy included?

X-Men 92 is a digital first book. The digital version is in the Marvel Infinite format and is not just a digital scan of the pages. And I believe every print issue of it contains 2-3 digital issues.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CzarChasm posted:

There are only two problems with Marvel Infinite: Burnout, and their reader is a bit lovely.

Other than that it's really great.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

X-Men 92 is a digital first book. The digital version is in the Marvel Infinite format and is not just a digital scan of the pages. And I believe every print issue of it contains 2-3 digital issues.

2 digital issues per print issue.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
A mate is doing a presentation thing for a film course about characters adapted from other mediums, has chosen Doctor Doom and is panicking because it's on in two days.

She's asked me for particularly interesting/resonant stories about the character, all I can think of is the one where he tells a reporter his story then locks her up. Anyone got some prime Doom books?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Triumph and Torment.
Also, Books of Doom is on comixology, Triumph and Torment is not.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 1, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Books of Doom.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vitamin P posted:

A mate is doing a presentation thing for a film course about characters adapted from other mediums, has chosen Doctor Doom and is panicking because it's on in two days.

She's asked me for particularly interesting/resonant stories about the character, all I can think of is the one where he tells a reporter his story then locks her up. Anyone got some prime Doom books?

Fantastic Four 57-59

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

Triumph and Torment.
Also, Books of Doom is on comixology, Triumph and Torment is not.

It's not on Unlimited either. What the hell.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Unmature posted:

It's not on Unlimited either. What the hell.

I think it's because it is a OGN and Marvel hasn't put a ton of those on there.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

That one where Luke Cage goes to Latveria to make Doom pay his outstanding bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do this one

WickedHate posted:

Promotional comics are non stop hilarity.