Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

TommyGun85 posted:

everyone has to beat a simple mistake into the ground to prove how smart they are.

You don't understand. Somebody was wrong on the internet.

You can't possibly expect folks to let honest mistakes slide. What are we - a bunch of reasonable people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

pangstrom posted:

Pretty sure he just forgot / didn't know about the suspension everyone it's fine moving on.

Correct, as a 0 Bell holder, I don't get the big fat "S" reminder next to his name.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

french toast posted:

Can't wait to see him put up 25+ pts while he's suspended.

came here to post this

Armond Poopson
Apr 29, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Where can I go to get a list of each team's punt and kickoff returners?

Rotoworld's depth chart is great for finding some under the radar KR, too.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Forever_Peace posted:

You don't understand. Somebody was wrong on the internet.

You can't possibly expect folks to let honest mistakes slide. What are we - a bunch of reasonable people?

Ah yes, Randall Cunningham's Law.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Ah yes, Randall Cunningham's Law.

Ah the Eagles, why is everyone so down on Bradford? If I don't get Luck or ARod, I am going to try to pair Brady with Bradford or Bridgewater, either way, got a nice law firm title, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

Fantasy Football is back baby!

I knew it was back when anybody and everybody on football Twitter posted their "Well, ACTUALLY..." articles about that T-Rich still/not cutback garbage.

You're still puffing your chest out to defend Trent Richardson, people.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Ah the Eagles, why is everyone so down on Bradford? If I don't get Luck or ARod, I am going to try to pair Brady with Bradford or Bridgewater, either way, got a nice law firm title, right?

Good call. Brady will be back just around the time Bradford's knee explodes.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Bradford has the second-most chance of injury for QBs this season (65%) according to Sports Injury Predictor, who should really work on their paywall because all you have to do to read it is stop your browser from loading all the way. That's the risk.

The reward is whatever that insanely high stat is of fantasy points for QBs in Kelly's system which I don't have on hand. Bradford can make the short to intermediate throws necessary for the system, he's got some hella talented wide receivers, that O line is ok (know good for run blocking, not sure about the pass), so the question is can he survive. Personally, I'm thinking the diet that Kelly has him on (O negative human blood and kale enemas, from what I've read) will keep him going through at least Week 7.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Eagles QB's were great last year. I won my championship thanks to sanchez (and demarco murray and odbj)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
That is the goal. Maybe he does real well, and I can sell him high. Just got to make it to Week 6 with him. If he dies, there will be QBs that start IRL but should not be starting in FF on the wire for a week or 2 to get me through.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Is there still a goon MFL10 floating around looking for owners? I got a $10 credit & I'll draft with goons again.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Forever_Peace posted:

Because news is slow at the moment and I've been thinking way too much about football, here are 15 way-too-bold predictions for 2015.

1. Stevie Johnson breaks 65/850/7 this year and has a chance at a thousand-yard season.
2. The top 4 ppr rookies this year end up being Cooper, Perriman, Agholor, and Abdullah, in that order.
3. Scott Chandler has at least 2 weeks as a top-10 TE (my money is on NYJ).
4. Chris Ivory has per-game performances that put him squarely into the top 20 among RBs in standard, maybe the top 15.
5. Zach Zenner starts at least one game.
6. CJ Fiedorowicz will score an athletic touchdown and somebody in this thread will go "what is a CJ Fiedorowicz?"
7. Wheaton has more yards and catches in the first 8 games than Martavis.
8. Buck Allen and Zo each post 80 yard games at some point this year.
9. TWest starts the season as the browns RB1 and has at least one 100-yard game.
10. Julio Jones is the WR1 this year. OBJ doesn't finish in the top 5.
11. Fitzgerald has a better season than Allen Robinson
12. Kendall Wright finishes top-30 in ppr.
13. Ahmad Bradshaw scores a touchdown this year. I have no idea with what team.
14. Ryan Mathews finishes the year as the most valuable handcuff.
15. Spiller finishes top 15 among RBs in ppr.

I agree with most of these, except #11. That one is super wrong. :tipshat:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I agree with the Stevie Johnson prediction as well and can see him being wr1 for the chargers. This is why i still don't have a drat kicker :ohdear:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

Does any of the Custom sheets happen to be a 12 team standard scoring with 30 return yards/pt?

I haven't implemented return yards.

xcore posted:

Why do people keep drafting 2QBs in 1QB redraft leagues?

It a) seems really dumb and b) fucks me over when I wait on QBs because I end up with a 15th ranked QB in 10 team league.

I do it because I go late round QB, so I typically want the worst of the QB1s (Tannehill) and a high upside cheap option (Bradford).

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Berry pointed it out but over the last 2 years Eagles QBs (Vick-Sanchez-Foles) have finished 4th overall in quarterback scoring.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Ty1990 posted:

Berry pointed it out but over the last 2 years Eagles QBs (Vick-Sanchez-Foles) have finished 4th overall in quarterback scoring.

Even if you think Bradford is injury prone, I want a share of that offense. He's going to put up top 6 QB numbers when he's healthy.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

Yeah I really don't want to hear anything anybody has to say about Foles.

-me last year

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Nick Foles is about to be uncovered as trash in the worst way and it's going to be delicious (because he's playing for a division rival).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Is there still a goon MFL10 floating around looking for owners? I got a $10 credit & I'll draft with goons again.

I have 3 spots open in mine, but it's a $25 league. The password is WHB2005 if you'd like to join. It has to be filled by Friday, so I'm trying my best to recruit people ASAP.

(You just go to mfl10s.com and under Your Private Leagues you'll see a red link that says "Join a private league you've been given a password for". Click on that and enter WHB2005 in the prompt, and you're in!)

*This league is open to any goons who want in, just need 3 people and we can start*

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Welp, just ran the draft order for 6 PTD, 1 PPR 10 Teams.I got 2nd. Should not have told everyone that A Brown was by far the best player in the draft, well only the 2 co commishes, but now I basically have to take Bell. And Luck or Rodgers aren't walking though that door in round 2, more than likely. Trying to work the phones to trade down.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

I agree with most of these, except #11. That one is super wrong. :tipshat:

Well that's no fun if everybody already agrees with my predictions. Thought I was the only one on the Scott Chandler / CJ Fiedorowicz / TWest / Ahmad Bradshaw bandwagons. Come on, man, come at me for more of these!

Re: Robinson, I'm just not convinced. I think the offense is still bad this year, and Robinson already had 82 targets last year that he was barely able to turn into 500 yards. He was incredibly inefficient, couldn't make people miss, had some bad drops, and picked up some of the lowest YAC in the league. Besides, the team is healthier at WR this year, the defense is improved, and they want to rely more on the run.

In contrast, Fitz looked like his old self again whenever Palmer was on the field last year. Here's his stat line for the string of games where they were both healthy: 6 for 98 and a TD, 4 for 21, 7 for 160 and a TD, 5 for 70, and 9 for 112. The two have been looking great in camp, and Palmer seems really excited to connect with Fitz again - last week he said he "wants Larry Fitzgerald to catch 120 passes" in a "pass-happy offense". Probably hyperbole, but if they can both stay healthy (and I think Fitz is a slightly bigger concern here than Palmer, actually), Fitz could have solid WR2/3 potential.

edit: should clarify I still really like Robinson for dynasty.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 27, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Did my Fitz bold prediction two years ago and *FAAART

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Did my Fitz bold prediction two years ago and *FAAART

.... what's the problem here? He had nearly a thousand yards and 10 touchdowns that year. You must have been REALLY high on him.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
The 2 game suspension really concerns me, but if Brown goes 1, I have to take Bell and hope for the best, right? It is keeper, so the damage is not that bad thinking long term.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Re: Robinson, I'm just not convinced. I think the offense is still bad this year, and Robinson already had 82 targets last year that he was barely able to turn into 500 yards. He was incredibly inefficient, couldn't make people miss, had some bad drops, and picked up some of the lowest YAC in the league. Besides, the team is healthier at WR this year, the defense is improved, and they want to rely more on the run.

Counterpoint: the entire team is better offensively (Yeldon alone is a huge step up from the mouldering corpse of Gerhart), Bortles is a year better, their chemistry is spectacular, and Robinson is probably one of the most talented of last year's WR crop. He went 3/64 against the Giants the other day.

I see him as being a better Kelvin Benjamin, particularly in that he is less rough around the edges. And like Benjamin, I expect the rough edges to get sanded down with reps.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Will the Fanduel and Draftkings player prices change as we get closer to the season, or are those prices locked down now?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Amergin posted:

Will the Fanduel and Draftkings player prices change as we get closer to the season, or are those prices locked down now?

They're locked in for week one.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

How viable is streaming defenses in a league that makes you pay for adds (each add costs 1/20 of the initial buyin), I almost always stream but it seems like an insanely -ev play in this league, but spending a higher draft pick on a defense or god forbid drafting two makes me want to vomit

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Bradford has the second-most chance of injury for QBs this season (65%) according to Sports Injury Predictor, who should really work on their paywall because all you have to do to read it is stop your browser from loading all the way. That's the risk.

Had to take a look at that site. Of course RG3 is #1, clocking in at a robust 84% injury likelihood.

Best QB in the league :negative:

Edit: speaking of DFS, last year there was a guy who would pretty much play for you (and others) and it seemed like he was killing it. Anyone remember who it was?

Santheb fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 27, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

How viable is streaming defenses in a league that makes you pay for adds (each add costs 1/20 of the initial buyin), I almost always stream but it seems like an insanely -ev play in this league, but spending a higher draft pick on a defense or god forbid drafting two makes me want to vomit

Seems like targeting defenses with multi-week stretches of decent games is the way to go. Pick up the Dolphins, Colts, or Browns during the draft. Add another defense in week 4 or 5 or 6 that has another stretch of ~3 decent games. Repeat until the season is over.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

.... what's the problem here? He had nearly a thousand yards and 10 touchdowns that year. You must have been REALLY high on him.

Sorry I misplaced the year. It was the one before that. 800 yards, 4 TDs. I had him as my WR1 I think.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Santheb posted:

Edit: speaking of DFS, last year there was a guy who would pretty much play for you (and others) and it seemed like he was killing it. Anyone remember who it was?

You might be thinking of Sepist who was doing a pool for DFS. I pinged him on it for this year and he said he wasn't doing DFS much anymore himself, instead he's starting his own DFS site (much luck to him in that).

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Drafting 7th/8 in a 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE, 4PaTD, non-PPR league on Monday. Anyone have a good recommendation for where to do 2QB mock drafts? I have the football guys draft dominator, and I know of the FFC mock draft site, but both of those are me drafting against a computer, which is doing silly things like Gronk going 2st overall or LeVeon dropping to the 7/8th spot.

Also still trying to figure out how to do my 1st and 2nd picks. With the lack of true bellow RBs, I feel like one of those has to be a Lynch / Lacy / Forte RB with a likely Rodgers pairing. A few times in the mocks, Anyonio Brown has been available, but then my RB1 ends up being someone like Forsett / Gore / Ingrham. This is my first time doing a 2QB draft. Any suggestions on strategy?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 27, 2015

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Instead of streaming, do a Defense By Committee. Target a defense with an okay schedule late in the draft, check out when their unfavorable weeks are, and find some other team that had a favorable matchup those same weeks. No one will be targetting TEN in the draft but they pair well with better defense's schedules/bye weeks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

Nick Foles is about to be uncovered as trash in the worst way and it's going to be delicious (because he's playing for a division rival).

There was a video I watched, not sure linked from here or elsewhere, on how bad he actually is. Like real bad. He can't hit a WR to save his life.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Amergin posted:

You might be thinking of Sepist who was doing a pool for DFS. I pinged him on it for this year and he said he wasn't doing DFS much anymore himself, instead he's starting his own DFS site (much luck to him in that).

Yeah that sounds about right. I didn't have the money last year but I was probably gonna try this year around. The last I checked up on the pool it seemed like he was doing really well.

Also I just did a 10 man mock on Fantasy Football Calculator and they have RG3 ranked below notable FA QB Drew Bledsoe.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I really dislike picking 8th this year in a 12-teamer.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I really dislike picking 8th this year in a 12-teamer.

CJ/Julio. You'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Kloaked00 posted:

Drafting 7th/8 in a 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE, 4PaTD, non-PPR league on Monday. Anyone have a good recommendation for where to do 2QB mock drafts? I have the football guys draft dominator, and I know of the FFC mock draft site, but both of those are me drafting against a computer, which is doing silly things like Gronk going 2st overall or LeVeon dropping to the 7/8th spot.

Also still trying to figure out how to do my 1st and 2nd picks. With the lack of true bellow RBs, I feel like one of those has to be a Lynch / Lacy / Forte RB with a likely Rodgers pairing. A few times in the mocks, Anyonio Brown has been available, but then my RB1 ends up being someone like Forsett / Gore / Ingrham. This is my first time doing a 2QB draft. Any suggestions on strategy?
Might get some pushback on this BUT: Pick Rogers and Luck if they are available (they won't be, unless nobody in the league knows what they are doing), and if not then pick best remaining QB unless there was already a run. A stellar RB1 or WR1 season is going to be worth like X points, a stellar QB1 season is more like Y, and the dropoff from the best to next-best etc. is similarly disparate. Aside but: It is still weird to me that everyone doesn't do auction drafts.

edit: should have argued the scarcity argument but really it's hard to do off top of head

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 27, 2015

• Locked thread