Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Hellsau posted:

Goddamn you are stupid.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of Camo - My BatChat crew is about to hit their third skill - My Commander has 6th+ the radioman spotting skill; Gunner has Safe Stowage + Snap Shot; and Driver has Smooth Ride and Clutch Braking. On a BatChat the next skill to get would be camo, right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bort Bortles posted:

Speaking of Camo - My BatChat crew is about to hit their third skill - My Commander has 6th+ the radioman spotting skill; Gunner has Safe Stowage + Snap Shot; and Driver has Smooth Ride and Clutch Braking. On a BatChat the next skill to get would be camo, right?

No, Camo should have been your first skill along with Sixth Sense, followed by Camo on commander and gunnery skills on the others. A Batchat without Camo is almost as dumb as that Zombielenin poster.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Chieftain is on the super test, here are its stats (look at the gun):

Stats from garage (nominal, for 75 percent crew):

Tier: 10 HT
Hitpoints: 2000
Engine: 720 hp
Weight: 55 tons
Power-to-weight: 13,09 hp/t
Maximum speed: 42 km/h
Hull traverse: 40 deg/s
Turret traverse: 31,3 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,247/1,918
Viewrange: 390
Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 85/50/25
Turret armor: 350/140/30

Gun: 120mm
Damage: 400/400/515
Penetration: 270/310/140
ROF: 7,449
DPM: 2979,6
Reload: 8,055
Accuracy: 0,307
Aimtime: 1,44
Depression: -10/+20

I would post the armor layout but I don't want to post that pony bullshit that is watermarked on the picture.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 27, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving excellent.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hellsau posted:

No, Camo should have been your first skill along with Sixth Sense, followed by Camo on commander and gunnery skills on the others. A Batchat without Camo is almost as dumb as that Zombielenin poster.
welp

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

That thing is more arty-bait than the Type 5.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

loving excellent.

With it's depression the tumor will be protected and the turret itself is an auto bounce. The shell velocity should/could/probably will be the highest in the game with what I think is the best DPM for a T10 heavy. It is going to be a Very VERY loving scary tank if left alone.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
It looks like a super 4202 with actual turret armour, a real premium shell, and good gun handling. Not a fan of that tiny HP pool but it ought to be able to trade 2 for 1 with anything bigger.

:getin:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hellsau posted:

Goddamn you are stupid.

Okay, an ad hominem, which I think is demonstrably false given poo poo that's not pertinent to this discussion; however, fair enough. You think I'm dumb.

quote:

A) You are misinterpreting Sixth Sense to the dumb ribbons you get for spotting enemy tanks. Sixth Sense throws up a lightbulb on your screen.

I realize this, which is why I pointed out I was not getting that notification before. As far as I can tell the XVM mod, or at least the version I installed replaces all notifications with a ribbon on top screen.

There is the possibility that I misinterpret being told Spotted x 2 then immediately after I fire from concealment, and then having those tanks point there guns at me; maybe I'm being told 30secs after the fact that I spotted the two tanks?

My experiences though tell me the latter is probably not what's happening.

quote:

B) Those links are from ages ago. You used to be able to see tracers for unspotted tanks - you no longer can. You can only see tracers from artillery, and only if you're within render range of it.

First of all, I was reacting to someone telling me that I was making poo poo up about mods that allowed you to see where people were aiming. Secondly, is your claim that the age of the video/articles means that these mods no longer exist and are never used? They are certainly on Wargaming's banned list, but in your experience with video games, how often has a company ban list stopped everyone from using the banned mod?

quote:

C) Stop acting like some goddamn martyr, yelling towards the sky about those mean goons ignoring obvious evidence of XVM being obvious hacks. You know nothing - trust us to know more than you. Stop whining about hack mods and cheaters and XVM and other bullshit, because you literally know nothing about anything. You even went for the shithead "u mad bro" horseshit. Cut that poo poo out.

Tell me more about how mad you aren't while calling whining about how stupid and full of poo poo I am, and how I know nothing. :munch:

While you are at it please show me where I called XVM mod "hacks?" What I did say is that if, as I think it does, the mod shows me when I'm spotted without 100% in 6th Sense (I still admit it is possible I am wrong), then I feel that it gives me a pretty unfair advantage over the people still training the skill.

If you have the time between calling me names on the interwebs, I would also like you show me one line in any post I've made in this thread where I am complaining about goons; or where I complain about people using mods to get an unfair advantage over me, specifically.

All I ever said was, in my opinion (and apparently Wargaming's opinion), some of the mods amount to cheating and that was one potential advantage playing the console version of the game had, in that everyone is playing unmodded; however, it clearly didn't bother me that much because I'm playing the PC version of the game.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

You've written like three essays about how little it bothers you. Maybe the fourth will even be based on things that are actually possible.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, you're right I just make this poo poo up as I go. Btw, this mod also allows you to see when and where unspotted tanks are aiming.

But I probably made that up too. I must have gone to elaborate lengths to hack YouTube time stamps, make fake videos, and hack tank blogs too pull one over on this thread! In any case, the mod I was discussing absolutely and unequivocally tells me when I'm spotted.

In all fairness to the mod, I do have 6th Sense trained--it's just that it's trained to 60%; However, unless I'm totally misinterpreting the description of that perk, and also always missing the 6th Sense indicator when playing with tank commanders with less than 100% in said skill, that is absolutely not how the perk is supposed to work.

But really, why are you getting so angry about this? Is it that you're married to the idea that mods give you no advantages over others? I mean, in a game like wot, why would you bother installing any mod if you didn't think you were getting some advantage out of it?

I'm not against that at all. I am against mods that give you a clear advantage such that you can outperform even the best pix tanks players who are running an unmodded client.

so is this guy like the russian equivalent of that neonazi named guderian1488 who thinks hes good at video games

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

why dont you just post a screenshot with what you think is the sixth sense notification

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Control Volume posted:

so is this guy like the russian equivalent of that neonazi named guderian1488 who thinks hes good at video games

Neonazis can be inadvertently funny though.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

ZombieLenin posted:

All I ever said was, in my opinion (and apparently Wargaming's opinion), some of the mods amount to cheating and that was one potential advantage playing the console version of the game had, in that everyone is playing unmodded; however, it clearly didn't bother me that much because I'm playing the PC version of the game.

don't listen to hellsau, he doesn't know what he's talking about. WoT on PC is riddled with cheaters with their hack mods and isn't worth playing...you're better off going to back to the xbox version and not posting in this thread anymore

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Also the fact that you're claiming it's XVM doing this is hilarious because everyone in this thread runs XVM so we know that, at best, you're confused and horribly misinterpreting what's going on.

Post a screenshot of this notification, better yet uninstall all the "cheater mods" and see what happens. If you didn't have ribbons on before it probably just turned them on.

E: yes we are all cheaters but there are no cheaters on Xbox.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Neonazis can be inadvertently funny though.

i dont see how this contradicts my comparison.... ??

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

There is the possibility that I misinterpret being told Spotted x 2 then immediately after I fire from concealment, and then having those tanks point there guns at me; maybe I'm being told 30secs after the fact that I spotted the two tanks?

Your experience is minimal and your experiences are poo poo. You might also be interpreting the ribbon for assisting allies (spotting damage) as you being spotted. You are dumb.

ZombieLenin posted:

First of all, I was reacting to someone telling me that I was making poo poo up about mods that allowed you to see where people were aiming. Secondly, is your claim that the age of the video/articles means that these mods no longer exist and are never used? They are certainly on Wargaming's banned list, but in your experience with video games, how often has a company ban list stopped everyone from using the banned mod?

You're linking and article from January and a video from 2013. You don't think the game has changed since then? Like you've admitted to being inexperienced compared to some of the other posters in this thread. Why the hell are you so goddamn distrustful that we don't know better than you?

Let me hold your hand here. When I started playing, you couldn't go over hills - physics didn't exist. Shocking, right? You were only able to go over parts of the map that Wargaming allowed you to, so on the map Province you couldn't go down the hills except at the north and south ends. There wasn't a loving mod that allowed you to go over parts of the map that others couldn't, because this game is handled serverside and you can't edit poo poo like that with a client side modification.

Up until some time at the end of 2013, you could see the tracers from any tank firing within your draw distance. It was awesome - if you're looking right at the unspotted enemy in a bush and it fires, you'd see a slight but noticeable line coming from the bush that you should be blindfiring into. Unfortunately, you could also mod the game so those tracers were large and long lasting, making it trivial to murder anyone firing from cover. So they removed tracers on the server (except for artillery because gently caress arti).

The Sixth Sense perk tells you when you are spotted because the server sends that information. I've heard rumors of mods that will replicate that, but only for tanks that are also spotted, that work simply by doing the math on the view ranges of each tank. Every time I've seen something like that, it is always sketchy at best and doesn't handle bushes or camo modifiers well. Hey if you're in the open firing at another tank 150m from you, you're spotted! Sixth Sense is much more useful for triangulating where unspotted enemies are waiting, by peeking out and pulling back and waiting for the light bulb. As far as I am aware, the information from the server telling you you're spotted doesn't come to your client unless you have Sixth Sense.

On Wargaming's list of banned mods they have a picture of a transparent tank with blocks representing modules and crew. I have literally never seen anyone use that mod. Why would you need that? You couldn't even see which part of the enemy tank is pennable. Why is it there? Because Wargaming doesn't bother to update that poo poo.

ZombieLenin posted:

While you are at it please show me where I called XVM mod "hacks?" What I did say is that if, as I think it does, the mod shows me when I'm spotted without 100% in 6th Sense (I still admit it is possible I am wrong), then I feel that it gives me a pretty unfair advantage over the people still training the skill.

Yeah if XVM gave you Sixth Sense without needing the crew skill that would give you an unfair advantage, almost as if it were a hack mod.

ZombieLenin posted:

If you have the time between calling me names on the interwebs, I would also like you show me one line in any post I've made in this thread where I am complaining about goons; or

ZombieLenin posted:

It is easy! You're right. I'm baffled why a more experience wot player would say I'm just making poo poo up when I complained it existed.

You're claiming more experienced players are somehow unaware of exactly what's possible and what isn't. What you're claiming does not exist because it isn't possible. If it was possible, a hell of a lot more players would have some of the less used Commander skills on right now.

ZombieLenin posted:

Tell me more about how mad you aren't while calling whining about how stupid and full of poo poo I am, and how I know nothing. :munch:

Go back to 4chan. I hear there's room in NTR thanks to a particular handsome goon.

sorry desuwa

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZombieLenin posted:

I realize this, which is why I pointed out I was not getting that notification before. As far as I can tell the XVM mod, or at least the version I installed replaces all notifications with a ribbon on top screen.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/98-updatenotes/

9.8 patch notes posted:

Added battle performance badges to the battle interface, awarded for performing various actions in combat (can be disabled in Settings)

Hellsau posted:

Goddamn you are stupid.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Historical dumb goons -

Hellsau - chose to join VOLT of his own free will

NTRabbit - extensive post history with terrible opinions (wait that's every goon)

Dekatris - gets mad at being bad

Zombielenin - persecution complex and delusional

Though it turns out Dekatris is the actual smartest person here for he is not playing tanks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Though it turns out Dekatris is the actual smartest person here for he is not playing tanks.

The only winning move is not to play.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hellsau posted:

Historical dumb goons -

Hellsau - chose to join VOLT of his own free will

NTRabbit - extensive post history with terrible opinions (wait that's every goon)

Dekatris - gets mad at being bad

Zombielenin - persecution complex and delusional

Dont forget:

Bort Bortles - chose not to put camo on his BatChat crew till the third skill

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Goddamn you are stupid.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bort Bortles posted:

Dont forget:

You loving idiot.

:ssh:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ZombieLenin, please SHUT THE gently caress UP. Seriously, SHUT THE gently caress UP. You are coming back to a game after missing 3 years of patches and changes, so obviously you don't know much about what's going on, so SHUT THE gently caress UP. SHUT THE gently caress UP.

Seriously, I have played for 2 loving years without using mods, and I still have a wn8 and winrate that is above 99% of the garbage player base that makes up this retarded game, so I know what I'm talking about. SHUT THE gently caress UP

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Never change Witch

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Dekatris is also the goon that said that watching Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad helped him understand why people come back to this game. Battered wife syndrome.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Jesus what in the actual gently caress is going on here? Just shut the gently caress up, you're all terrible turbo nerd losers (ttnl's).

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cardiac posted:

Dekatris is also the goon that said that watching Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad helped him understand why people come back to this game. Battered wife syndrome.

That's me. As soon as I'm able I'm gonna be back online in this game.

:suicide:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Agrajag posted:

Jesus what in the actual gently caress is going on here? Just shut the gently caress up, you're all terrible turbo nerd losers (ttnl's).

i feel like the gold type 59 model got unfairly overlooked. anyone got any thoughts on it? i think the dragon muzzle is absolutely bitching

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

Dont forget:

Well at least I'll know what to do on my BatChat when I get it a year from now.

Most of my crews suck and have BIA leveled first from ages ago. I've never even used Sixth Sense.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prav posted:

i feel like the gold type 59 model got unfairly overlooked. anyone got any thoughts on it? i think the dragon muzzle is absolutely bitching

HEY YOU KNOW WHAT IS A GOOD TOPIC? The Type 59 being a poo poo box compared to the CDC. Obviously plebe losers need that poo poo rear end skin to make them feel like a special snowflake.

edit: That Cheiftan looks amazing. Now I have to grind through the Comets and Cents...

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 27, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Agrajag posted:

HEY YOU KNOW WHAT IS A GOOD TOPIC? The Type 59 being a poo poo box compared to the CDC. Obviously plebe losers need that poo poo rear end skin to make them feel like a special snowflake.

Actually, the Type-59 is pretty cool. Don't you have one? Post pics plz

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Sorry, I don't need one seeing that I have a giant penis already.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

but is it gilded?

:dong:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

edit: That Cheiftan looks amazing. Now I have to grind through the Comets and Cents...

It's replacing the FV215b, not the FV4202.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Oh what, gently caress that noise. This man don't grind no motherfuckin' heavies no more.

edit: its gilded with pussy juice. :hfive:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah the FV replacement is a Cent wearing a helmet. The only thing good about that tank is the name. ACTION X

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hellsau posted:

As far as I am aware, the information from the server telling you you're spotted doesn't come to your client unless you have Sixth Sense.

Yeah, I had always assumed the three second delay was so that the server could check you had the skill before letting you know you'd been seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Isn't the Chieftan classified as a loving MBT? What is going on here?