Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

F80 M3 with the 6 speed. Cant loving wait. Not my first M but definitely my first new one!

I'll post photos when its delivered.

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

are you hiring man servants

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

ethanol posted:

are you hiring man servants

Only if you look exactly like your avatar. (A dwarf Billy Mitchell)

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
added myself to the spreadsheet, v excited for fm6 :3:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Looks like we'll get to try forza sooner than we thought. Free demo on Tuesday

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

1980 Subaru BRAT GL

:vince:

God drat this games car list is something else. :eyepop:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Additionally, a handful of other cars got announced.

Forza posted:

2015 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S
1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar
2015 Volvo S60 Polestar
2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra
2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport
2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77
1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
2014 Ferrari California T

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
C7.R!!

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Two weeks, I'm so pumped.

I guess since it has gone gold that preloading will start soon for people who preordered? It won't take more then a day for me, but some people may take some time to do the 45gb download.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Additionally, a handful of other cars got announced.

Cool. Up to 485 now, including all the different pre-order/pack/etc cars.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I'm gonna vent in your thread. Just tried to purchase the Forza 6 Ultimate Edition via the Microsoft website.

Kept giving me errors. Got in touch with support. Told me my account was flagged as "high risk" because I hadn't made a purchase since 2013 then suddenly one big purchase came through.

Nearly 2 hours of my time spent chatting to a support rep just to be told "try again in 24 hours".

They even rang my phone from the US (I'm in the UK) to tell me how it's an automated system in place for my benefit and what if it was a hacker!!!!!?!???!?? I'd be grateful then.

:argh: I'm mad as hell because I can't pre-order FM6 :argh:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
You have until the 10th/15th, no hurry. I tried to pay with a cancelled due to theft credit card so I feel your pain. I need to wait for it to come in the mail

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Anyone know what time the demo comes out specifically tomorrow? 12am CST? EST? PST?

I'm going to guess it's the same as MGSV

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

hanyolo posted:

Anyone know what time the demo comes out specifically tomorrow? 12am CST? EST? PST?

I'm going to guess it's the same as MGSV

It's Tuesday I think. Not Monday.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It might come out at 00 UTC Tuesday, which would be like 8pm est for the east coast (worst coast). I'm not sure when Xbox puts their demos up.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I hope it has multiplayer. I've had no job for the last week so a demo could have come earlier MIKKKRO$OFT!!!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm going to be juggling Dishonored, Mad Max, and MGS V Dogge in addition to this demo.

Christ.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

GutBomb posted:

It's Tuesday I think. Not Monday.

Yeah it's already monday arvo here :australia: so I could have it as early as 11 hours from now if it's not timezone locked

With no specific mention from T10 I'll just presume 00:00 UTC. Usually it says on the actual description on the game itself in the xbox store (This game unlocks at...) but there's no listing yet

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I hope it has multiplayer. I've had no job for the last week so a demo could have come earlier MIKKKRO$OFT!!!

It won't. The servers required for it would be outrageous, since it's a free demo of a fairly popular franchise. Microsoft/T10 ain't got time for that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

L_Harrison posted:

It won't. The servers required for it would be outrageous, since it's a free demo of a fairly popular franchise. Microsoft/T10 ain't got time for that.

Really doesn't seem that hard to take the servers already there for FM5/6 and use those. The demo population will drop pretty hard after the game comes out anyway.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They definitely could, but I just don't see it happening. I'm going off the previous Forza demos, none of which had actual multiplayer as far as I know. Only leaderboards. There will probably be around 5 cars and a couple tracks with the different weather/night conditions, and maybe a few mods thrown in I anticipate.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Jarf posted:

I'm gonna vent in your thread. Just tried to purchase the Forza 6 Ultimate Edition via the Microsoft website.

Kept giving me errors. Got in touch with support. Told me my account was flagged as "high risk" because I hadn't made a purchase since 2013 then suddenly one big purchase came through.

Nearly 2 hours of my time spent chatting to a support rep just to be told "try again in 24 hours".

They even rang my phone from the US (I'm in the UK) to tell me how it's an automated system in place for my benefit and what if it was a hacker!!!!!?!???!?? I'd be grateful then.

:argh: I'm mad as hell because I can't pre-order FM6 :argh:

Not a real solution to the problem... but you could have just bought some Xbox credit online and redeemed it against your account, and bought it that way?

I buy cards for Hong Kong and get my games at 20-50% off, just bought mgs 5 for 25 quid. :cool:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
any details on what the customization options will be like? i know it's kinda stupid but i really like customizing my car visually (a la midnight club) and fm5 didn't really scratch that itch for me :ohdear:

i read somewhere there will be "full customization" but i'm not sure how that will play out

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

reddit liker posted:

any details on what the customization options will be like? i know it's kinda stupid but i really like customizing my car visually (a la midnight club) and fm5 didn't really scratch that itch for me :ohdear:

i read somewhere there will be "full customization" but i'm not sure how that will play out

I can't imagine it being any different than 5 which was no different than 4, which was no different than 3.

The livery editor is most likely exactly the same since you'll be able to bring designs created in 5 into 6.

If I remember right there were more ridiculous body kits available in 4 than there were in 5. Maybe they've had time to model/carry some of those over.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They need to add some new rims, Jesus Christ. Especially ones with center-lug so my inner racing autist can be pacified. (I think there's only one of those in Forza 5).

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
My racing autist wants to assign transmissions to individual cars, so i can have an automatic chevelle or buick GNX, a stick shift miata, and a paddle shift ferrari without having to constantly switch :goonsay:

A stick shift tesla or Humvee just feels wrong

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

My racing autist wants to assign transmissions to individual cars, so i can have an automatic chevelle or buick GNX, a stick shift miata, and a paddle shift ferrari without having to constantly switch :goonsay:

A stick shift tesla or Humvee just feels wrong

I switch to auto when I drive an electric or a hybrid because the game actually models them correctly when in auto (it doesn't go through a bunch of fake gears, it just has one gear)

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I am an autist and should just go play iRacing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GutBomb posted:

I switch to auto when I drive an electric or a hybrid because the game actually models them correctly when in auto (it doesn't go through a bunch of fake gears, it just has one gear)

Forza does that? Huh cool.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
What about the Indycar/Lotus E21? Forcing you to use the clutch for shifting is really silly, but I never tried it with Manual only (not Manual w/clutch).

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

L_Harrison posted:

What about the Indycar/Lotus E21? Forcing you to use the clutch for shifting is really silly, but I never tried it with Manual only (not Manual w/clutch).

I use a wheel and I just turn on auto-clutch mode (basically it just sends an A button command at the same time as the RB or LB command that the paddles are mapped to). The auto clutch only affects the paddles so I use the shifter when it's a car that actually has an H pattern in real life, otherwise I just use the paddles.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Leather Bear posted:

Forza does that? Huh cool.

I dont think it switches to automatic so much as the cars tend to only have one gear.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I know because that's what Gutbomb said.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Now that it has gone gold, will we be able to download it? It takes me forever to be able to download a game so I'd like to have it ready to play when it starts.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
So I can get the Thrustmaster Italia for 4000 air miles.....

Hmm....

4 week delivery. Hmmmm!!!!

E: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductDetails?productId=prod2384717&cm_sp=Rewards+Product-_-Thumbnails-Products-_-prod2384717

E2: ordered it! I'm a chump. 4 week delivery. Very excited to try this ffb thing.

SmokeyXIII fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 1, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Just logged in to the bone to download the pro evolution soccer 2016 demo and it's queued up behind the preload of FM6 ultimate edition which is currently at 20% :D

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

SmokeyXIII posted:

So I can get the Thrustmaster Italia for 4000 air miles.....

Hmm....

4 week delivery. Hmmmm!!!!

E: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductDetails?productId=prod2384717&cm_sp=Rewards+Product-_-Thumbnails-Products-_-prod2384717

E2: ordered it! I'm a chump. 4 week delivery. Very excited to try this ffb thing.

i have that wheel with the f1 addon, it's really good imho but i only use it for project cars right now

need to get a stand or something so that i can use it with my xbone

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Just logged in to the bone to download the pro evolution soccer 2016 demo and it's queued up behind the preload of FM6 ultimate edition which is currently at 20% :D
Whoa.

Do we know when early access starts yet?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The description of the game claims the tenth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Ugh I'm sooo tied up. I was impressed at this game from pax prime this weekend, but with that wiping away a bit of cash and mgs v plus other bills... Hmm is the super duper ultimate edition be worth it to get now? I may see if I can just get an early birthday present and be swamped in games for the next few months.

• Locked thread