Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Triglav posted:

according to settings > general > about

songs 103
videos 623
photos 8,965
applications 19
capacity 55.9gb
available 2.2gb

so a couple "desert island" albums i haven't changed since i got the phone and My Amazing iPhoneography

the camera is a big reason why i got the 5S (the others being retina and speed), and not thinking about deleting photos and videos is why i got the largest option available at the time

in some number of years i'll do the same again

More like CLOWN COMPUTING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

no its bad websitesl, but dont woryr the ad blocking will fixi this

computer parts posted:

most likely

oh there is confirmation that the metal is a little stronger so you won't have bendgate again

bendgate hapepend becuase apple didi nt realise people are sutpdi enough to sit on a $600 phone alll day.

Triglav posted:

according to settings > general > about

songs 103
videos 623
photos 8,965
applications 19
capacity 55.9gb
available 2.2gb

so a couple "desert island" albums i haven't changed since i got the phone and My Amazing iPhoneography

the camera is a big reason why i got the 5S (the others being retina and speed), and not thinking about deleting photos and videos is why i got the largest option available at the time

in some number of years i'll do the same again

photos a reint he cloud and automatically compress and expand based on ur free space wtf r u doing

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i dont have my iphone photos sync with icloud since im only on the free tier. are photos free? are uploads recompressed in any way? what about video? in any case why would i want my sole copy of a photo to be on someone else's server?

i used to have the paid icloud 20gb tier but it turned out i didnt need it with dropbox's free 20gb, google's free 15gb, icloud's free 5gb, and my personal and professional storage

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

dropbox's free 20gb
wait what? I thought it was still 2 gb like it has been since forever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Triglav posted:

i dont have my iphone photos sync with icloud since im only on the free tier. are photos free? are uploads recompressed in any way? what about video? in any case why would i want my sole copy of a photo to be on someone else's server?

i used to have the paid icloud 20gb tier but it turned out i didnt need it with dropbox's free 20gb, google's free 15gb, icloud's free 5gb, and my personal and professional storage

ya. ur nas is more relaible than apple incs data center or wehatever. durr

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Stymie posted:

no it's not going to own

apple's board needs to wise up and kick tim and johnny ives to the curb and get things back on the straight and narrow

pare back the phone skus to two (same model, two different colors, at a sensible size), crash the ipad maxi and the ipad mini and salvage the brand, and issue a deeply remorseful mea culpa for the iwatch and move on

a correct post

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Linguica posted:

wait what? I thought it was still 2 gb like it has been since forever

referrals

if you wanna game it, it takes five minutes

Smythe posted:

ya. ur nas is more relaible than apple incs data center or wehatever. durr

icloud's hosted on amazon web services and microsoft azure, actually

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Triglav posted:

referrals

if you wanna game it, it takes five minutes
Oh, right

I should just take the time to max mine out, I have... 16.5 GB extra and stopped there

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

they said that it seats up to 7000 people. thats a lot bigger than the places theyve used before

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Linguica posted:

Oh, right

I should just take the time to max mine out, I have... 16.5 GB extra and stopped there

the final gigs are things like "follow and then unfollow us on twitter" and "download mailbox off the mac app store, log in with your dropbox account email, and then delete it" https://www.dropbox.com/getspace

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

my time is worthless let me jump through some bullshit hoops to get a lil' extra cloud storage

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
apples new phone will be a huge 6S

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

my time is worthless let me jump through some bullshit hoops to get a lil' extra cloud storage

same that's why i did it and then spent hundreds of hours browsing forums dot something awful dot com

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh my loving gosh

why the gently caress does one device with bluetooth and NFC built in need an add-on to communicate with another device with bluetooth and NFC built in

god drat it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

yesssss

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

why the gently caress does one device with bluetooth and NFC built in need an add-on to communicate with another device with bluetooth and NFC built in

god drat it

for security and stuff apple doesnt let you do with its on system chips

it's just swipe but for nfc. the real wonder is why is it so loving huge

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

god drat it

lol if you think apple would allow the required access to the Bluetooth stack or the nfc reader

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes lol indeed that apple doesnt give access to the nfc for every dubious and nefarious purpose

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

god drat it

DOA

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

for security and stuff apple doesnt let you do with its on system chips

it's just swipe but for nfc. the real wonder is why is it so loving huge

i think it's so huge partial because it can also swipe cards?

Shaggar posted:

lol if you think apple would allow the required access to the Bluetooth stack or the nfc reader

maybe that's the case and apple could make an official phone-to-phone payment app? that's what i wanted to see.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

phone to phone payments sound like a good way to get less money than you thought

i've never seen anyone actually use venmo. i once read an article about college kids using it to buy drugs, though

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

PleasureKevin posted:

i think it's so huge partial because it can also swipe cards?

I would guess the iPhone antenna is small so the cashier side needs a larger target area for link up to hit without waving the device around and around.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Triglav posted:

phone to phone payments sound like a good way to get less money than you thought

i've never seen anyone actually use venmo. i once read an article about college kids using it to buy drugs, though

college kids are loving retarded who knew

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also it looks like you can stream the event on a PC now?

Triglav posted:

yeah, basically i want a way to transfer money phone-to-phone at about 0.1% in fees which apple pay isn't really geared to do since it's so pro-bank/CC company, unlike Current C

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

god drat it

Apple devices do not have nfc capabilities, the only offer the apple pay stuff but not full nfc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Triglav posted:

it uploads full resolution, the on phone photots get automatically compressed based on the sapce availabel on ur phone and will make themselves smaller if u need space. if u have a mac as well like a normal person the pohotos then get synced to it as well at full resolution so u have a hard copy still. ium sorry the fututrue is so scary 4 u

poty
Jun 21, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

Apple devices do not have nfc capabilities, the only offer the apple pay stuff but not full nfc

"they only offer the best implementation of the useful thing you can do with it, they missed all the other confusing garbage that only nerds like"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
lol can u still not just send any amount instantly to any other account without fees in americia wow

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stux posted:

it uploads full resolution, the on phone photots get automatically compressed based on the sapce availabel on ur phone and will make themselves smaller if u need space. if u have a mac as well like a normal person the pohotos then get synced to it as well at full resolution so u have a hard copy still. ium sorry the fututrue is so scary 4 u

cool but i'll still get the largest cuz i dont wanna delete things

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

huh?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i cannot believe i have to wait 14 more loving days for apple to blow my mind all over again

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm looking forward to replacing my iPhone 5 with an iPhone 6s.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

not sure but I don't think so. that might be a per-tab thing. it was happening to me the other day so I closed the tab and made a new one with the same url and it stopped doing the whitespace thing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm looking forward to replacing my iPhone 5 with an iPhone 6s.

me too, I waited an extra year because I wasn't blown away by the 6 but at this point I want my apple pay and touchid

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

me too, I waited an extra year because I wasn't blown away by the 6 but at this point I want my apple pay and touchid

lol et lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sorry Kevin, what I said was:

maniacdevnull posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
at this point it's looking like the ipad mini will be discontinued as it will share the same form factor with the iphone 6s/7 and the ipad maxi will be the new base ipad form factor

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

qirex posted:

re-upped on the 5s just before applecare runs out. it continues to suit my needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

actually it looks like there will be an iPad mini and Pro, but no iPad Original Flavour

the new iPads will also have the unibody, rounded shape of the iPhone 6

• Locked thread