Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

There's a Japanese/American fusion food truck at Nellis that, for a couple hours, was named 'Tokyo Doggie Style'. It had some cartoon puppy mascot and everything. The next time I saw it, all 20 full spellings of the name had been partially taped over so it only read 'Tokyo Doggies'.

SAPR: 1, casual racism: 0 :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I have a 1W blue laser laying around somewhere because I am a child. I think the #1 thing I used it for was lighting cigarettes.

You should buy a sword. You know you want it.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

moosepoop posted:

You should buy a sword. You know you want it.

why buy a sword when I have a laser that will burn poo poo, it's 2015 bro

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Larry Parrish posted:

mg]http://www.metronews.ca/content/dam/thestar/uploads/2015/8/18/gunphoto-0.jpg[/timg]

BAN ASSAULT PISTOLS

also, sweet hotlink bro

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is that a Glock? I can't even tell with all the barbie dressup this idiot did.

E: Also if Adam Gaetano Crisco isn't a fatty, words have lost all meaning.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

bitcoin bastard posted:

Is that a Glock? I can't even tell with all the barbie dressup this idiot did.

it doesn't look to have the trigger dong safety so I don't think so... but idk, it looks dumb af tho

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
At some point in this person's life they decided a bipod for a pistol was a good thing. How do you get to that point and not realize how irredeemably stupid you are?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
that's the airgun that the doofus used to laser blast the police helicopter

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess they've never heard of IR cameras.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cojawfee posted:

Should have set the forest on fire before running through it, imo

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cojawfee posted:

Canadianforces.txt

:canada:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Our perpetual fuckup just completely skipped June drill, plus a few days worth of orders he'd been given before that. So how is he being punished for this? 6 weeks of temp tech as a GS-11. There's nobody else to take it because the rest of us are either over the limit (and could lose bonus pay) or in school. Seems like the right thing to do would be to just let it go, and not give it to anybody because the one person who can take it doesn't deserve it, but no. A couple years ago we had the same thing, he'd just recently hosed up really bad, the girl who they were going to give the temp slot to couldn't do it, so they gave it to him. So instead of extending my time by 3 months, they gave it to him, and he continued doing his not showing up for work thing. Got paid for several days he didn't show up, they said they were going to make him make them up later but that never happened. Which is remarkably similar to the 5 no-show days from 2012 they said he was going to have to make up and never did. He's essentially being handed $6K for 6 weeks of work, despite a track record of not showing up for work that goes back 5 years. I'm not sure who in our leadership thought this was a good idea.

Also they've hosed with the manning document again so that a full-time helpdesk job has now been converted to our career field, and it's a tech slot. From what I understand someone in our career field would have the most points when it comes to selection, and perpetual fuckup has indicated he's going to apply. My though is that the same brilliant minds who keep giving him one more chance, and failing to really hold him accountable for anything he does will probably fall on their faces yet again and give him the job. I don't want the job, I've already resolved to finish school, and go looking for green pastures. But it's still going to suck if this idiot is suddenly my boss and making more than me for the next 1.5 years.

Come to think of it what happened the last time a major fuckup was given a full-time job with the idea that they could "fix him"?

Casimir Radon posted:

We had a guy have a nervous breakdown and stop coming to work a couple years ago. Since this was the second time this had happened it was decided that it would be best if he were medically discharged. You'd think he'd have spent the last couple of years getting better or something, we don't know what he's been up to the whole time but he's pretty far off the deep end now. From what I understand this all happened within the space of 2 weeks. He got cited by the police for screaming profanities at a local business our commander is a co-owner of. A sheriffs deputy found him pulled over and acting strangely, as it turned out he had a dead owl in his trunk. He then proceeded to get out of his car and lay down in a ditch with a dead fox, and allegedly tried to stuff it's guts back in. That got him sent to a psych ward. Then he called our commander at work from the detention facility and screamed at him for 5 minutes before hanging up.

We're supposed to report it if he contacts us or we see him out in the community.
Oh yeah, that happened. My leadership are a bunch of geniuses and I can't wait to leave this stupid place.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Come to think of it what happened the last time a major fuckup was given a full-time job with the idea that they could "fix him"?

We invaded Iraq.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Tunicate posted:

We invaded Iraq.

:golfclap:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tunicate posted:

We invaded Iraq.

:nsavince:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Tunicate posted:

We invaded Iraq.

Made my day.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Tunicate posted:

We invaded Iraq.

:perfect:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Welp I don't get it...Bush?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

Welp I don't get it...Bush?

Don't think too hard about the dates.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Tunicate posted:

We invaded Iraq.

:dings:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 28, 2015

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

amazing

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The title it had was "How I feel meeting the newly enlisted"

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hahaha

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

That comic makes me think of this one...

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's even better without the title.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
So one of the grade A idiots from when I was in (you know the rear end in a top hat type that thought he was super cool, but was probably a certifiable retard) just tried to zing me on a 5 year old joke on facebook.

New material man. Like god drat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well. What was the joke?

Wow.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 1, 2015

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

I crashed my car.

That's literally it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Like he went "Hey man! CRASHED YER CAR!! LOL!" ? Cause if so that poo poo is indeed dumb

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

Soulex posted:

Like he went "Hey man! CRASHED YER CAR!! LOL!" ? Cause if so that poo poo is indeed dumb

Yeah it was pretty much, "How's your mustang?" I mean, making a joke about being an enlisted buying a mustang is one thing, but that wasn't what he was doing.

And that would have still been a 5 year old joke lmfao.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Speaking of stangs. Maybe I should call up my boot buddy and see if he wrecked his new one yet. He's still eighteen.

Things never change.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mine got wrecked on I-5 because driving there is like Taladega. Someone turned into me, lifted my passenger side up for a couple moments then a busted tire made swerve across all lanes of traffic cause I was in the passing lane.

Totaled, but it gave me a chance to get a better, family car so there is that.

Loved that mustang though. That V8 sounded like you kicked a lion in the gonads when you started it

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I don't mind at all. Keeps the economy rolling.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Speaking of stangs. Maybe I should call up my boot buddy and see if he wrecked his new one yet. He's still eighteen.

Things never change.

Yeah see this was the original joke. Only I wasn't 18, which makes it somehow worse. But making a crack at something that happened in tyol 2010 is just... I don't know. I mean I guess if he was trolling me it kind of worked, just instead of making me mad, it just baffled me how someone could be so incredibly dumb.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yet here you are whining about it to a bunch of strangers. sounds like he won

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yet here you are whining about it to a bunch of strangers. sounds like he won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He's probably bragging about it on arfcom. We all lose.