Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
There's a game of thrones-themed auction league that still needs a few members. 0.5 PPR, no kickers.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737164

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Santheb posted:

Yeah that sounds about right. I didn't have the money last year but I was probably gonna try this year around. The last I checked up on the pool it seemed like he was doing really well.

Also I just did a 10 man mock on Fantasy Football Calculator and they have RG3 ranked below notable FA QB Drew Bledsoe.

Gotta think value there, really moves RG3 up my draft board.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

There's a game of thrones-themed auction league that still needs a few members. 0.5 PPR, no kickers.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737164

asked to join on the thread if there's a slot open

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

CJ/Julio. You'll be fine.

CJ Mega or CJ Anderson? Either way, I'm not crazy about either of those guys. :colbert:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Suave Fedora posted:

CJ Mega or CJ Anderson? Either way, I'm not crazy about either of those guys. :colbert:

Anderson. There's a good chance that either he or Ronnie own this year, and it's not hard to land both. Adding Mathis/Kubiak has gotta be the most improved situation for any RB this year, and he was already eating defenses alive last time around.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/636971474423689216

quote:

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant is facing 4-game suspension for violating Substance Abuse Policy, per league sources. Suspension under appeal.

So glad I'm not keeping him anymore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So that's why the Steelers have been talking up Wheaton all month

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

My wheaton prediction now looks a little less impressive.

ALL ABOARD THE SAMMIE COATES HYPE TRAIN WOOOOOOO

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ouch. My Big Ben stock just took another hit dammit

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

well that answers the question of how he got swole during the offseason

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Benne posted:

So that's why the Steelers have been talking up Wheaton all month

Pretty much.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

well that answers the question of how he got swole during the offseason

apparently he ate steak after every workout too ~~~

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Gyshall posted:

apparently he ate steak after every workout too ~~~

lmao I hadn't read this but that ESPN article is a DAY OLD ahahaha

It hurts to laugh.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Seems like targeting defenses with multi-week stretches of decent games is the way to go. Pick up the Dolphins, Colts, or Browns during the draft. Add another defense in week 4 or 5 or 6 that has another stretch of ~3 decent games. Repeat until the season is over.

Panthers also face @JAX, HOU, NO, @TB for the first four games if you're looking for another option.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I'm in the middle of an asynchronous 10 team PPR with QB/RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX draft and I'm wondering if Arian Foster is worth taking with the 5th pick. I'm currently sitting on Bell/Hopkins/Matthews/Gronk, so the opportunity cost here is going to make my September production at RB trashy but I feel like Foster could still be worth it if he comes back for Week 2-4 instead 6-8 like was initially talked about. The best RBs left at this point are Ingram, Randle, Ellington, Gordon since our league went hard on early RB picks for some reason.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

SilverMike posted:

I'm in the middle of an asynchronous 10 team PPR with QB/RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX draft and I'm wondering if Arian Foster is worth taking with the 5th pick. I'm currently sitting on Bell/Hopkins/Matthews/Gronk, so the opportunity cost here is going to make my September production at RB trashy but I feel like Foster could still be worth it if he comes back for Week 2-4 instead 6-8 like was initially talked about. The best RBs left at this point are Ingram, Randle, Ellington, Gordon since our league went hard on early RB picks for some reason.

No. Get a starting lineup first.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

SilverMike posted:

I'm in the middle of an asynchronous 10 team PPR with QB/RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX draft and I'm wondering if Arian Foster is worth taking with the 5th pick. I'm currently sitting on Bell/Hopkins/Matthews/Gronk, so the opportunity cost here is going to make my September production at RB trashy but I feel like Foster could still be worth it if he comes back for Week 2-4 instead 6-8 like was initially talked about. The best RBs left atI this point are Ingram, Randle, Ellington, Gordon since our league went hard on early RB picks for some reason.

I would pick all those RBs over Foster in the 5th. He can be drafted in much later rounds I find. Of those you mentioned I think Ingram is going to be a beast and theyre starting to throw to him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SilverMike posted:

As the above poster said, you can just draft Foster later. Take any of those RB's over Foster. 100%

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

SilverMike posted:

our league went hard on early RB picks for some reason.

Maybe they know what they're doing. I'd take Ingram or Gordon. Drafting Foster that high is just asking to lose.

TommyGun85 posted:

everyone has to beat a simple mistake into the ground to prove how smart they are.

Don't act like calling out a mistake is odd behavior on the somethingawful forums of all places. :rolleyes:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Foster is good value past round 6/7/8, imo, depending on the league size your'e in.

Also Markus Wheaton loving sucks.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Bleacherreport saying Foster could be back between weeks 2-4

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Didn't Marcus Wheaton have like 800 yards on minimal targets last year?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

No. Get a starting lineup first.

TommyGun85 posted:

I would pick all those RBs over Foster in the 5th. He can be drafted in much later rounds I find. Of those you mentioned I think Ingram is going to be a beast and theyre starting to throw to him.

RCarr posted:

As the above poster said, you can just draft Foster later. Take any of those RB's over Foster. 100%

old dog child posted:

Maybe they know what they're doing. I'd take Ingram or Gordon. Drafting Foster that high is just asking to lose.

Thanks for the reality checks. I find it easier to get too hyped for a pick when there's over an hour to decide before I'm up again.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Zypher posted:

and out again from weeks 7-15?

What ever happened to his real life stock market thing? It must be very cheap.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Papes posted:

Didn't Marcus Wheaton have like 800 yards on minimal targets last year?

16 games played, 53 rec, 644 yds, 2 TDs. Not just a stat line, but a solid punchline as well.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

and out again from weeks 7-15?

What ever happened to his real life stock market thing? It must be very cheap.

I think it was based on endorsements and contracts, not actual football production, not real sure though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

16 games played, 53 rec, 644 yds, 2 TDs. Not just a stat line, but a solid punchline as well.

Nice, I'm stealing this.

Everyone ITT should be running out to grab darrius heyward-bey to cover those 4 weeks without Bryant!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

I think it was based on endorsements and contracts, not actual football production, not real sure though.

Yeah, it was on endorsements and stuff, But I can't remember seeing any Papa Johns Arian Foster Commercials.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zypher posted:

Hilarious if true. Median time to recover from what his surgery is 26.5 weeks according to Rotoviz.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I thought he had sports hernia surgery? 4-6 weeks is the "best case" recovery for that.

I actually can't believe I'm a Foster guy now, I just got him in round 7 of a MFL - although best ball skews rankings a bit.

I think if there is one thing Foster is good at by now besides playing football, it is rehab.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Nice, I'm stealing this.

Everyone ITT should be running out to grab darrius heyward-bey to cover those 4 weeks without Bryant!

Have it, I share your hate for Wheaton.

Also, just saying, Sammie Coates's most similar player in his NFL draft profile was, BITCH U GUESSED IT, Martavis Bryant. And don't even get me started on his SPARQ score...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah, Coates is going to make this all very interesting. It also makes a lot of sense seeing how Pitt was pumping up Wheaton over Bryant, and how they drafted Coates so highly.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
As long as the Steelers start 0-2 then Bell wrecks the league I will be happy!

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

At least I got a solid team name out of it: Pineapple Fanta With a Splash of Martavis (background) :catdrugs:

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Gyshall posted:

Yeah, Coates is going to make this all very interesting. It also makes a lot of sense seeing how Pitt was pumping up Wheaton over Bryant, and how they drafted Coates so highly.

If he could catch a ball I'd agree with you.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

I thought he had sports hernia surgery? 4-6 weeks is the "best case" recovery for that.

I actually can't believe I'm a Foster guy now, I just got him in round 7 of a MFL - although best ball skews rankings a bit.

I think if there is one thing Foster is good at by now besides playing football, it is rehab.

He tore a groin muscle off the bone and had it reattached surgically.

I took him in the late 7th anyway, because I'm bad at FF. :c00lbutt:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

He tore a groin muscle off the bone and had it reattached surgically.

I took him in the late 7th anyway, because I'm bad at FF. :c00lbutt:

That was the initial report, at least. All the "back in 2-6 week" reports I've seen since then make me think otherwise, though.

Also since the team hasn't even brought in another RB at all to replace him - that has to account for something.

Amergin posted:

:agreed:, Coates isn't spectacular like that but he would win battles on his size and measurables alone. I'm more commenting on how similar he is to Bryant in terms of skillset and whatnot, and how the Steelers drafted him even though Bryant was such a standout last year. Also, Bryant had similar ball catching issues out of Clemson, so there is that.

Kind of telling to see what information NFL teams release and what they actually know. Bryant was considered a knucklehead in college by many scouts prior to the draft, which I find interesting.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 27, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Amergin posted:

Touche. Just check out his draft profile.

Pretty damning, right?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Oh my bad that's actually Martavis's draft profile

in conclusion I am a cool loving dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
F it, buying the Foster hype, him and Brady will make me the best 2nd half and playoff team in the league also gonna take ADP, and everyone is in F it mode, oh well, risky, but good value, value is king!

• Locked thread