Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blue Raider posted:

it doesnt take much for something titled mad max to be faithful to the movies

a shitmagnet named max, a sawed off double barrel, the persuit special, a desert

congratulations you have a mad max game

You also forgot the noble cause "Hero" Max gets dragged into helping, kicking and screaming. Though I guess the shitmagnet might apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Godmachine posted:

Are there any issues for GMG to give out keys before the release? I've heard some folks waiting for a few hours or even days for their keys from GOG.

GMG gives out keys day of release around 70% of the time. 20% of the time they get them out beforehand for games with preloads and just if you're lucky. The other 10% they gently caress up everything monumentally and there's invalid keys, people don't get keys for days, that kind of stuff.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I just realised that I desperately want there to be a Main Force Patrol yellow interceptor body/paint scheme in this game. Look at this magnificent bastard.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 27, 2015

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

BexGu posted:

A lot of deals to get this game 50% off or more on the PC.

http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-a-bunch-of-mad-max-pre-order-deals-at-more-than-half-off-307198.phtml

PC Game Deals

$30 flat at Green Man Gaming
Use coupon: MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX

$27.59 at Funstock Digital
Use Code: AUG-COUPRED-PRE30

$26.99 at 2game
No coupon required

Any one ever use 2game.com before?

Wow $30 and it's on steam with the preorder bonus poo poo on top? that was hard to resist.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Parkingtigers posted:

I just realised that I desperately want there to be a Main Force Patrol yellow interceptor body/paint scheme in this game.

You aren't the only one.

Since I watched Fury Road I've been looking online at car restorations of MFP replicas and Max's V8 Interceptor. If I could have any movie car it wouldn't be a Batmobile or Back to the Future DeLorean it would be the Road Warrior Ford Falcon XB GT pursuit special without the rear windshield and boot lid.

BexGu posted:

http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-a-bunch-of-mad-max-pre-order-deals-at-more-than-half-off-307198.phtml

PC Game Deals

$26.99 at 2game
No coupon required

Hey, thanks for these. Just cancelled my Steam pre-order and picked it up on GMG.

JFC fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 27, 2015

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
post does not equal edit

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I actually missed Fury Road in the cinemas (I know, I know) so I just bought this on the iTunes and I'm going to get myself in the mood for the wasteland.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Parkingtigers posted:

I actually missed Fury Road in the cinemas (I know, I know) so I just bought this on the iTunes and I'm going to get myself in the mood for the wasteland.

Between me and two of my friends, we saw it a total of 19 times. Almost all in the cheapo 2nd run theater.

I saw it twice. Sure, I adore the movie and ordered the Blu-Ray asap but these people are obsessive.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Parkingtigers posted:

I just realised that I desperately want there to be a Main Force Patrol yellow interceptor body/paint scheme in this game. Look at this magnificent bastard.

It'd be great if there was an XB Falcon and a HQ Monaro body out in the wasteland. The MFP cars in the movie were ex-Victoria Police pursuit cars with a paintjob, highway patrol cars were yellow all over with POLICE decals on the side and HIGHWAY PATROL on the rear. It seems someone is driving an ex-cop car on the roads again, heritage plates and still has police decals and lights, interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWuE6AsdZCI

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 27, 2015

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
See, I know nothing about cars, but golly those are some sexy retro cars.

Watched the movie, drat fine it was. More stoked for the game now. Having seen a bunch of game footage before the movie, I'm really happy with how they both look to mesh together. The world I've seen in the game footage is close enough to the Fury Road world that I'm sold.

Next week is going to be good times.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Good news everyone!

The PS4 exclusive content is only a bunch of neat hood ornaments, that are only exclusive until the end of November.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ShootaBoy posted:

Good news everyone!

The PS4 exclusive content is only a bunch of neat hood ornaments, that are only exclusive until the end of November.

God drat that is some pretty sweet hood ornaments. Nice callbacks to the mad max movies there.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

BexGu posted:

PC Game Deals

$26.99 at 2game
No coupon required

gently caress... right now I'm running on fumes, money-wise, so I can't even afford to save that much and my paycheck arrives after the game's release. :(

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So many half off offers, it's almost like WB Games is apologizing for Arkham Knight or something. :v:

I got it for 40% off, should have waited for 50% but oh well.
V

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 27, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Now I feel the fool for getting this at a paltry 25% off.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I pre-ordered for full price because PS4! :suicide:

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Some of my friends are getting worried since its getting discounted so often. Decided to take the plunge because 50% off for that game sounds like a good deal to me.

As for the port quality I'm trusting Avalanche because the port for Just Cause 2 was amazing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We don't need another hero came on the radio as I was driving this evening... setting the mood for next week.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Some of my friends are getting worried since its getting discounted so often. Decided to take the plunge because 50% off for that game sounds like a good deal to me.

If it were the main Steam preorder price that was that discounted, I might be worried. But GMG does huge discounts often enough that it doesn't mean anything either way.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I got this game for 26 bucks Cdn off Kinguin. Just Google for a twitch streamer discount code for extra 3% off from their low price. At 26 dollars, I don't even care if it's a mediocre game at best.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 27, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you're in the UK, try CD keys, its £13

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

BobbyBaudoin posted:

As for the port quality I'm trusting Avalanche because the port for Just Cause 2 was amazing.

I think its a double whammy of loving up the Batman game AND coming out at the same time as Metal Gear. If they sell enough pre-purchase and full trust the quality of the game then offering it at 50% off can work out since enough people will take a risk, having a good time, and word of mouth/positive reviews/streams can produce a slow burn of sales.

God knows gamers can't control there wallets when a hot new thing comes out that every one is raving about.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I need to stop reading this thread and paying attention to this game until I can upgrade my 560Ti, which is too :mediocre: to run it.

At least this'll probably be on a good sale price by then!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I need to stop reading this thread and paying attention to this game until I can upgrade my 560Ti, which is too :mediocre: to run it.

It's 50% off right now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

have this preordered and while the insane deals are suspect, the fact that Avalanche has a heavy hand in this is enough to counter the stinklines of WB. Avalanche at least historically has a degree of loving pride in their work and did wonders with the PC version of JC2.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Lots of GPUs right now come with MGSV for free, essentially getting you a $60 discount on anything you want to upgrade. I'm in the same boat, though, upgrading has to wait for now

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Can't wait to see how this game runs on my GTX970. :fap:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Mad loving Max on PC for $20

http://www.techbargains.com/deal/202701/mad-max-game

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bit the bullet, considering every site except Steam was offering it stupidly cheaply. Can't be that bad, can it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is CDkeys.com legit? That sounds like a fairly scummy website title.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
It is legit.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

poo poo, just bought it on GMG for $30. Oh well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I figure for $20 I can now safely take the risk even if I don't play it until after I finish Phantom Pain. Worst comes to worst I'm out a $20.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Almost all pre-order discounts are done by the sellers themselves, not recommended by the publisher to boost sales on a mediocre game or something. Places like GMG have already bought their keys for whatever price the publisher was selling them (which is not $60) and after that the publisher doesn't really care as long as they get their cheque on time. GMG could sell Mad Max for $1 if they wanted to.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Did this. It worked. I have it on steam now for 20 dollars. This is insane. How is this getting discounted like this.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
No idea. Got my Steam key with pre-order car through Kinguin. Tuesday can't come fast enough now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

God does getting this on console feel kind of awful when PC's got it going for like $20 but ugh, my PC likely wouldn't run it very well and- :sigh:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It's definitely just getting these crazy sales to be able to compete with MGSV.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For console dudes, use this to knock ten bucks off the game on Amazon.

Leather Bear posted:

Found this on NeoGAF and it works.

Click here and select the amazon pre-order code thingie, make a dummy account, get the code. It takes 10 bucks off of Mad Max on Amazon.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...Official%20Site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003

raaaan posted:

Wouldn't it be easier (and more immediate) to just buy a cheap HDMI cable and connect your pc/laptop to your TV? Whenever I want to play steam on my TV, I just set the TV up as a second monitor--takes 20 seconds, no streaming gadget required.

Tried it with Shadow of Mordor ages ago, it stuttered way too much, figured it was my old receiver's HDMI ports or something, gave up immediately due to laziness. Revisited this evening and it turns out it might be an AMD crossfire issue for that game (got dual cards). It can be turned off, but it'd be nice if this game is AMD optimized.

PowderKeg fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 28, 2015

• Locked thread