Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Has anyone seen Nvidia's DX12 demo of King of Wushu?

I've never seen the game before, but it looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5iuX8UDHk

Too bad it just shows that DX12 gives barely any boost but maybe this will sell windows 10 (lol and lol mobas)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Haquer posted:

Too bad it just shows that DX12 gives barely any boost but maybe this will sell windows 10 (lol and lol mobas)

It's more about the drawcalls from a developer's perspective, if you can get 10,000 more drawcalls without sacrificing any frames and in certain cases get more frames, DX12 was absolutely a success.

http://wccftech.com/directx-12-draw-calls-330-3-year-gtx-670/

Also King of Wushu is a MOBA? The gently caress? I thought it'd be a sequel to AoW or something.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
MOBAS are the new "WOW killer" every major publisher must try its hand at it (and fail) to get it out of its system or to please the marketing suits.

Most of them run for 2 years, realise "Hey, People who have invested 10k hours in getting good at LOL or DOTA will keep on playing LOL or DOTA" and then shut down.

Umbrella based warfare :

http://i.imgur.com/goBhIXm.gifv

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Wow, I pretty much spent all my points as soon as I got them all the way to 70. It might be the recent extra cultivation event just pushed lower level characters over in a big way. That means you need a new book, the starter one isn't that good.The site I've been using to look at books is this one right now. I'm told by a whale that the three best books are 征旗, 铁马, and 厚德. These books are expensive though. The cheapest book that looks good for umbrellas is 速生I think. The scrolls are 70-80 silver on the auction house right now and you need 20 of them to make a book.

Isn't the notion of 'best' book totally dependent on what class you are? I mean, they have stat dominance, suggesting there is no such thing as 'best', but they also have abilities, some of which could be equally useful to all classes, suggesting 'best' might actually be a thing.

Buuuuuuuuuut, I looked at those three you chose and am totally lost why those three could be considered the 'best'

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's more about the drawcalls from a developer's perspective, if you can get 10,000 more drawcalls without sacrificing any frames and in certain cases get more frames, DX12 was absolutely a success.

And yet it still can't fix the xbone.

But yeah and average they were gaining 2-3fps on just about every benchmark I've seen which is actually pretty good but it's easier to just upgrade to a new card and get 10-30 more FPS. Hopefully in the future they can eliminate more overhead and maybe AMD's mantle willahahahahahahahahahahahah

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Almond Crunch posted:

Isn't the notion of 'best' book totally dependent on what class you are? I mean, they have stat dominance, suggesting there is no such thing as 'best', but they also have abilities, some of which could be equally useful to all classes, suggesting 'best' might actually be a thing.

Buuuuuuuuuut, I looked at those three you chose and am totally lost why those three could be considered the 'best'

Ah, I already knew that Kylra was a Tianxian, so I was recommending Tianxian books specifically. Other classes would have other combinations of books that would work better.

Edit: actually the dude who told me said there was maybe an even better combination for Tianxian, but even he couldn't whale for it.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 25, 2015

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I haven't played Moonlight Blade in a few days because I am too lazy to deal with Chinese, but I was looking at a picture of a garden and was reminded of the Judging Buttflies from Wushu. Well that's my story

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is ok, most of us are near the cap now and we expect wudu to come out next week

We almost have a gang between teleprompter, pavlov, and my self

Also I am really excited for their mentor system they want to add

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So I don't want to read all that poo poo; any highlights on 心法?

偃师
I bought this one because it was the second cheapest (20 silver per page). Also, in conjunction with the free starter book, it gives an 18% 根骨 bonus, as well as having a nice distribution (low 气劲, so stay away tianxiang). I hosed up and thought the puppet was my tangman puppet, which isn't true; its a totally independent puppet. Either way, this worked out well for me.

九婴
Crit-hitting regains health. This is potentially awesome. Comboing it is a bit problematic; I am obviously missing something though; it's three possible combos are:
修罗, which raises your crit damage against enemies with less than 10% health,
罗睺诀, which (if i am getting this right) plays light WV's old dagger game; it eats a chunk of health and increases (INTERNAL) damage by a large margin.
"炼武.洞察:洞察+21%" That's not a xinfa, what the hell does this mean.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR CLASS AND YOUR XINFA SETUP ( and maybe any cool combos you have thought of)

唐门:
归鞘, 偃师;
its probably the most parsimonious combo you're gonna get, but i fully expect to switch to a better combo sooner or later. 10/10 A++ would buy again

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 27, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This was on KOS site but here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrvRdG_UHM

this is the series that this game is based off of

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Hey does anyone know what the primary stats on wudu are? I'm trying to guess which skill books are going to go up in price when they come out.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Hey does anyone know what the primary stats on wudu are? I'm trying to guess which skill books are going to go up in price when they come out.

same as tangmen

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Aw that's boring.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

so china game v2 had guilds and gangs

http://wuxia.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5012/5013/5014/5015/m3486/201408/275748.shtml

we just found the gang system and have no idea what we are doing despite forming a gang

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So what's the smartest way to spend my 400+ intermediate tokens? I would think just buying cart flags would be the smartest, as the reward between intermediate and high carts is not so substantial, but it is hard to get an intermediate cart party these days.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

cart flags would probably be the best.

There are now safe bound money only carts that use the same flags, so that wouldn't be too bad. No one can raid them.

Also mixology is not happy that I have non stop requests via the assists menu to go help people in dungeons and in their story and he can't get them.

I told him I read that one chinese person has said that the more chivalry points you have, which you only get from assisting, the more likely you are to get in before other people. He was not happy.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Third World Reggin posted:

I told him I read that one chinese person has said that the more chivalry points you have, which you only get from assisting, the more likely you are to get in before other people. He was not happy.

hey now, a system more likely to reward those already most rewarded? where have i heard that one before...?

ALSO, uh, so it seems to unlock the high-level craft skills in my profession tree, I need some book. But uh, I think I can craft without even unlocking that skill node?

SO:
Why are there two parts to each crafting level, and what does the second one do, and hah, where the hell do i get that book?

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 29, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I know you can get the books on the auction house. I forget what the second one does.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The books can also be bought via the cheevo leaf vendors now

each level just opens up a new gold tier

they just removed the other gold tiers so you only need the first

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

The books can also be bought via the cheevo leaf vendors now

each level just opens up a new gold tier

they just removed the other gold tiers so you only need the first

I literally understood none of this.

What the hell is a cheevo leaf.

What is a gold tier.

Why is there more than one gold tier.

So there's literally a skill node that does absolutely nothing?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So most gear can be crafted and it comes out as green, blue, or purple. There is a color above that for hardcore nerds called gold.

Instead of having a nice entry in the crafting book like a 35 hat, 45 hat, or 55 hat, the gold items get an entry like gold hat 1, gold hat 2, gold hat 3. But they still fall in certain level ranges.

Recently gold tier 2 and 3 were removed from the game so that people only had to go for gold tier 1.

It requires a lot more materials and a book drop from a dungeon to craft. It isn't meant to be a common thing but something for people to work for if they really want it. Or whale it.

In order to learn how to craft gold gear, you need to put a point into the trait in the skill tree. This requires a different book than the one required to craft gold tier.

You need to pick up the skill to progress through the skill tree, but you probably won't make many items from it.

I've made mixology a gold tier belt so far. As far as I know, the book to craft it is expensive but the book to learn the craft is not expensive.

In previous china games, people who rushed the higher tier of gear or bought into it still tended to lose to people who have just better skill. Greateast was a good example from wushu. As time goes on, more and more books will come from the dungeons.

Also I got the leaf vendors mixed up.

They sell a third book, also found in dungeons, that garuntees purple items from crafts that can be purple. This is one of two ways to garuntee a purple item.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Oh, thanks a lot! That actually cleared up quite a few questions!

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
http://wuxia.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5012/5013/5014/5015/m3486/201507/365646.shtml

I guess this is chinagame's way of cracking down on hackers?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Update on tiger police

I got a new hat

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
So I kinda have a major crush on Ronda Rousey. Then I saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS7P1flvrWQ

:gonk:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Worse, I didn't see any taichi in that advertisement. What a ripoff.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This was on KOS site but here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XrvRdG_UHM

this is the series that this game is based off of

There's only two episodes on that account, videos of other episodes are untranslated. :(

Also, what's the best version of Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber?

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I have spent the last two months in China. During that time I climbed the actual Mt. Hua, constructed my own Dog Beating Staff to fend off monkeys, carried scrolls in a backpack, dropped money into beggars' bowls, went through the gates of Nanjing's city walls, walked the Path of 99 Bends, and more. I have seen things I cannot describe in words or capture in pictures.

But the entire trip all I wanted to do was get home and play Moonlight Blade. Or, rather, play Age of Wushu with a not-bad company, but I don't think that will happen. Having been to China I can say that as amazing as this trip was, seeing an idealized version in digital form is superior. And much, much, much cheaper.

Please tell me goons are still playing this.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zipline posted:

I have spent the last two months in China. During that time I climbed the actual Mt. Hua, constructed my own Dog Beating Staff to fend off monkeys, carried scrolls in a backpack, dropped money into beggars' bowls, went through the gates of Nanjing's city walls, walked the Path of 99 Bends, and more. I have seen things I cannot describe in words or capture in pictures.

But the entire trip all I wanted to do was get home and play Moonlight Blade. Or, rather, play Age of Wushu with a not-bad company, but I don't think that will happen. Having been to China I can say that as amazing as this trip was, seeing an idealized version in digital form is superior. And much, much, much cheaper.

Please tell me goons are still playing this.

I have no idea if goons are playing but that sounds like a neat trip!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I played Moonlight for a bit over two months maybe, and it was pretty fun, but I got to the point where it needed a big ball of goons to keep interesting, and we're really not going to get that while it's still in chinese. Sorry mate.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yeah I fell off because I don't have time to dedicate to a wushu style time sink that everyone is going to abandon because it will come out in english.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I can't get into the beta. QQ simply will not allow me to register. I've followed every guide I can get my hands on but the process always fails and no matter which number I use it never goes beyond the mobile verification phase. I've been trying for a week straight, I think it's time to call it quits. Hopefully a QQ account won't be needed for the English beta. When that comes out next year if we're lucky of course...

In the meantime, some wuxia pics from my trip.

Look who I spotted in a shop window in Suzhou!

Is it? Could it be?

It is! Copyrighted art ripped off by another Chinese company. What is this world coming to.

This statue in Nanjing brought back some fond memories.
''

Climbing Mt. Hua to attend the competition.

On the slopes of Mt. Emei.

The mountain is infested with capricious wild monkeys, so to fend them off I took two lengths of bamboo and constructed myself a...

Though since it's monkeys and not dogs I was dealing with I altered some things...

If you ever stay at the Teddy Bear Inn at the base of Mt. Emei be sure and look for my staff. I left it behind in the care of the employees for use by later travelers. See that you're one of them, for it served me well.

When I was in Shanghai I passed through the primary pedestrian tunnel connecting the city's main park with a gigantic all-luxury-brand mall, and I just had to take a video of the ads plastered on every single wall down the whole length.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UfT16hvqWo

I'm disappointed I did not visit Dengfeng in Hunan province, where the Shaolin Monastery is located. I spoke to another traveler who had been there and he says the entire city's economy revolves around kung fu, with robed acolytes following masters through the streets and temples on every corner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A very good post for a bad chinagame :3:

Zipline
May 9, 2013
What can I say, something about China just brings out the wuxia in the best of us

If anyone is still playing Moonlight Blade or AoW, is there a VoIP server up?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zipline posted:

This statue in Nanjing brought back some fond memories.
''

What was the thing that looked like this?

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Unguided posted:

What was the thing that looked like this?

Carrying scroll cases during Script Stealing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

you are triggering whoopy so hard right now

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

FLYING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOUSE

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm starting to have doubts that they're presenting this to the West anytime soon. The last roadshow event was in 2014 while the gap between the previous events were about six months apart. Unless they're really working to show this off to NA publishers, it just doesn't seem likely.

http://2p.com/15682654_1/Tencent-Games-Moonlight-Blade-Is-Preparing-For-Western-Debut-by-JoeLW.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

don't worry

this game and PSO2 will come to the west any day now