Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
k3nn
Jan 20, 2007

no_funeral posted:

change your resolution, then change it back

Thank you, I will try that next time!

Thanks for the tip Pookum - I will look into that. Even though the chances of someone on my team dying before me are pretty slim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

bpower posted:

Its a nice find by him, but its not the game changing strat he seems to think it is. Im sure all his new throws can by done by adjusting one of the standard 3 throws with your momentum, tap walk forward/backwards etc. His season example is terrible, he even fails it twice and then says it'll blind you "a lot". You can definitely pop flash from there with standard throws.

You can also do way easier throws where you just throw it off the opposite wall and it bounces around the corner you need it to. Gives you protection against the flash and you don't have to worry about letting go of the wrong MB at the wrong time.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

He also didn't mention the the hand opposite of the grenade raises and lowers based on the second button to let you know if it goes further or shorter. technically you should be able to throw any distance in between all left and and right (obviously movement adds a whole new layer, but you get the point).

Also all goons should stop loving flashing. You are all bad at it and for some reason feel the need to throw both of them directly at your teammates head.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kwilty posted:

Also all goons should stop loving flashing. You are all bad at it and for some reason feel the need to throw both of them directly at your teammates head.

This is proper flash use though? Also, buy a decoy on pistol and bounce it off your teammate's head.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Kwilty posted:

He also didn't mention the the hand opposite of the grenade raises and lowers based on the second button to let you know if it goes further or shorter. technically you should be able to throw any distance in between all left and and right (obviously movement adds a whole new layer, but you get the point).

Real men throw off-the-cuff flashes when hitting a site. You need to work on your awareness.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Pookum posted:

I reccomend looking up the settings so the whole entire mini map is displayed and not just the area around you so if your idiot team mates die with the bomb or something you know exactly where it is. Just search minimap configs.

Do this, my use of the minimap was much better after I added this to my autoexec:

quote:

cl_radar_always_centered "0"
cl_radar_rotate "0"
cl_radar_scale "0.4"
cl_hud_radar_scale "1.15"
cl_radar_icon_scale_min "0.9"

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Kwilty posted:

Paging McVey.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Kwilty posted:

I only molly.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Kwilty posted:

Uh that's exactly where the enemy will be looking??

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

FetalDave posted:

Paging McVey.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Jeza posted:

Uh that's exactly where the enemy will be looking??

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Is there a way to check my rank history, i think i ranked up to Gold nova 4 and then back down to 3.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMkZMxVIgwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdHRnz2zsFE
:negative:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the old 16-15 mm game

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Pretty sure that's just some clever editing and not an actual OW.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
They should put clips like that in OW. Could be even semi-automated, every time the number of VACs per second in the chat goes over a certain threshold, you have a new clip for overwatch. :cheers:

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
So when the op first came out a while ago i bought it then decided to move, completing zero missions. Booted it up and got the mission where you knife people in arms race. I never play casual with voice on so i'm not sure why but after about 11 knife kills in a minute or so, i got vote kicked. Managed to sneak behind the ct spawn zone in lake and knife the entire team twice and get knifed a few times myself. Getting vote kicked doesn't save any of those knife kills tho. Brutal.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Must've been against some really salty noob players because Lake isn't the kind of map where knife kills are particularly easy to get. I think I had the most luck with Monastary.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

Do this, my use of the minimap was much better after I added this to my autoexec:

quote:

cl_radar_always_centered "0"
cl_radar_rotate "0"
cl_radar_scale "0.4"
cl_hud_radar_scale "1.15"
cl_radar_icon_scale_min "0.9"

While this is a nice config of the minimap he is just starting out and the "cl_radar_always_centered 0 and cl_radar_rotate 0" might confuse him a bit since he isn't too familiar with the maps yet. So experiment, it might be have the opposite effect and make it easier, who knows? For me personally my spacial awareness suffered a bit if the map wasn't in relation to me instead of me being in relation to the map.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i like having the radar rotate so if someone through a smoke or wall appears its easier to line up the shot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

i like having the radar rotate so if someone through a smoke or wall appears its easier to line up the shot

This

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Up until a few months ago I hadn't played cs since 2007 or 2008. I bought it on a whim during a half off sale and have been playing on a four year old thinkpad, but I'm thinking about getting a budget desktop for it. Any suggestions on what would be a good buy? I want to spend as little as possible to maintain a minimum of 60fps on medium settings at 1280x720. I've been looking at refurb 4th gen i3s or i5s so far. Is that on the right track?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Those will give you way over 60 fps without any issue imo. Having a fixed budget would probably help people make recommendations. A desktop PC that runs CS:GO at 100fps can be had for less than $300 easily I'd say.

I'd also say 100 fps should be your minimum target. My personal opinion would be to look on ebay/equivalent and buy a second hand gaming PC. The second hand price fall-off for gaming gear is unreal, while buying new-old stock of last-gen components to build your own is a way worse deal unless they are on some kind of clearance deal.

Sigmund
Oct 6, 2013

ArmZ posted:

Up until a few months ago I hadn't played cs since 2007 or 2008. I bought it on a whim during a half off sale and have been playing on a four year old thinkpad, but I'm thinking about getting a budget desktop for it. Any suggestions on what would be a good buy? I want to spend as little as possible to maintain a minimum of 60fps on medium settings at 1280x720. I've been looking at refurb 4th gen i3s or i5s so far. Is that on the right track?

I think basically anything with a 75-100 dollar graphics card would work fine. I a couple of virtual severs on my desktop, and play CS go on top of them and i get 1080p60

i have an intel quad core i5 with a gtx650ti and 8G of ram. I think the i5's are great as far as price point to power is concerned. but i havent even looked into it since a couple years ago when i built this rig.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
If you wanted to do it on the cheap with refurb/used stuff, buy a used gaming pc with an old i3/i5 and stick a used 560ti in for $50, that'll probably even play far cry 4 on medium

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
Wondering how much my investment in 7 cobble souvenir packs will go for year from now. I made sure to buy ones signed by JW olaf and flusha. 30 a pop during the finals.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ephedra posted:

Wondering how much my investment in 7 cobble souvenir packs will go for year from now. I made sure to buy ones signed by JW olaf and flusha. 30 a pop during the finals.
Open them, post FT Storm skins.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thanks for the tips. I was looking to spend less than 400 but would go higher for a good deal.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Ephedra posted:

The ones from last year appreciated a ton in value but they don't sell very frequently, I'm interested to know how long it'll take you to sell the 7 when you do decide to sell them...

It's probably a good investment though because people are forever going to be chasing the mythical dragon lore. The only potential downside is there were a TON of cbble matches this year so there is a higher number of cbble souvenirs out there from this major

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

open the god drat cases

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yea there's probably a .01 or .001 chance of opening a dragon lore but you'll make a lot of money!!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
What was the peak of last year's Cobble cases, cause I am sitting on one I got dropped and I am debating selling it for MGSV

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Google Butt posted:

open the god drat cases

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Ephedra posted:

Shame you didn't grab kennyS cases.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

What was the peak of last year's Cobble cases, cause I am sitting on one I got dropped and I am debating selling it for MGSV

I think that you will find that the correct spelling is peek.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I think that you will find that the correct spelling is peek.

Peekle Peakper Peeked a Peak of Peekled Peakers

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Considering how many cobble cases are dropping lately due to CS:GO's current popularity (and the silly random selects) versus the rate of people actually opening them, I don't see the value of cobble cases going up drastically unless something happens such that cobble cases stop dropping entirely in the future or someone drops a cool $140,000 unboxing them.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

nftyw posted:

Considering how many cobble cases are dropping lately due to CS:GO's current popularity (and the silly random selects) versus the rate of people actually opening them, I don't see the value of cobble cases going up drastically unless something happens such that cobble cases stop dropping entirely in the future.

...what

the entire point is they're souvenir cases that only drop during the major. the supply is already fixed. why people still want to buy 2014 katowice cbble cases is beyond me to begin with, but they do and they're very expensive.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Those cases open yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I bet they go for as high as 50 to 100 bucks. Don't open them

Phantomlord finally got a m4 knight on his 57th cobble case, I was really enjoying watching him throw away money. Also he opened a bunch over the last week and his previous best item was a purple deagle

40 grey (around 25-50 cents each)
11 light blue
4 blue ($10 each) [watching this guy get excited at a FN blue is hilarious]
1 purple ($30)
1 pink (FN knight, apex)
====
57 cases @ 30-40 bucks each: paid 1700 bucks for a 30 dollar deagle and a knight

• Locked thread